Ask Ian for December '07 - Happy Decemberween!

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Ask Ian for December '07 - Happy Decemberween!

Postby Ian Flynn » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:05 am

The New Rules wrote: The New Rules

1) Answers Will Come Weekly

Counting from midnight (EST) on Sunday and going into the very last minute of Saturday of each week I'll take questions. Updates will come the following Sunday, and anything submitted on that Sunday will have to wait the week.

2) Five Questions Per Person

Same old rule from before - you get five questions a week, maximum. You don't have to ask five, and anything over five will be ignored. You get a total of five per week, so you're free to post some now and some later. Since that limitation didn't seem to limit too much, however, there's a new wrinkle . . .

3) Limited Number of Answers

I will be selecting questions that I feel will elicit the most thoughtful or informative responses. Questions that look to clarify plot points are good. Asking my opinion about the latest movie isn't the best idea. I don't expect to be picking more than five questions total per week, but it will depend on what's asked per week. I'm not playing favorites or making a statement about anybody's questions. I'm trying to maximize the effectiveness of this feature. So choose your questions carefully.

If we go a dry week, I may go back to questions I passed the first time around and answer them. Still, I'm investing my time to answer y'all's questions. I just ask that some time is invested on your (collective) end.

4) What You Should Post

There is one thing you can post in these threads:

Questions!

No mini-reviews, no reactions to previous questions, no answers - questions only.

Do not post discussion, chatter, corrections, reactions, anything else! If you clutter the thread with anything other than Q&A, your post will be deleted.

5) Wait, what happened to the temporary bans?

Unfortunately, enforcing the rule of the week-long bans ended up creating a greater work-load than managing the Q&A. Another large part of it was I hate banning people. I don't like playing the bad guy. So instead we'll be going with the quicker, cleaner deletion of offending posts. If your post is missing, you did something wrong. Don't do it again, please.

6) Wow . . . This Sure Is . . . Strict

It's a necessary evil to ensure you and everyone else gets the most direct access to the information. If things go well, I might loosen things up a little. But I would rather you all get your answers like this than staying silent forever.

So, with all that scary moderator business out of the way, let's get to asking!

Questions from the Previous Thread

Para wrote:Hi Ian!

1. Are there any specific occurances in the previous Sonic games/series/comics that really shaped and solidified your concept of Robotnik/Eggman's personality and helped you shape him into the villain he is today?

2. Slightly related to another question, but if you were given the chance to write the plot for a Sonic game, what would it be about? Would you want to adapt something out of the comics (Enerknux, for example), or would you want to come up with something new?

3. Way back when Sonic Adventure came out, there was a six-issue adaptation pushed into the comic. If Sega asked for something like that now, would you accede to it, or would you find it distasteful?
Last edited by Ian Flynn on Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:37 am

Sally didn't return to active field duty until after Elias took the throne. The assumption is that Elias will live out his generation and any children through Meg would be the next in line. Sally isn't the kind of person who would sit around the castle waiting to be useful. She was most comfortable among the Freedom Fighters, she wasn't eager to leave them, and now that her schedule is free she's more than happy to be back with her friends.

I thought that Elias' mother said that his offspring wouldn't qualify to be next in line for the throne? Or was there a Catch-22 or some other loophole that I missed?

And catching the Sonic Underground DVD topic had me wonder, how much freedom do you have with a property like that? Specifically, if you wanted to bring in Sleet and Dingo, would you be able to, or are they off-limits?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Snix » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:15 am

Is there any chance that Chaos or Tical/Tikal will ever make another appearance in the comic, or is that whole story completely dead and buried?
Snix
BumbleFan

Postby Necronner » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:20 am

Hi, kind of new and only have two questions right now.

1. Are you planning on after the Enerjak storyline to tell us what happened to Hope, last time we see her Snively is tearing up and the bots saying "open fire?"

2. Speaking of Snively, do you think he is evil, or do you think he just goes with whoever has the best chance of winning at the moment.
Necronner
BumbleFan

How ya doin' Ian?

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:04 am

Okay Ian, I have a few questions for you:

1. Way back in Sonic #95, Athair says that Tails is Merlins YOUNGEST nephew. Does that mean that there are other member of the Prower family we haven't seen yet?

2. Are Black Death, the Enchantress, and Mathais Poe dead, or did Sir Connery just lock them up?

3. Do you have any plans to tell us how Spectre ended up being so different from your usual Echidna-or even your usual Guardian?
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby Luger » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:52 am

Hey Ian, a couple more Q's for ya:

1.) Are Edmund and Dimitri twin brothers or is one older than the other?

2.) Do you prefer doing issues which contain a single story (i.e. Eggman Empire arc) or do you prefer ones that feature multiple stories per issue (i.e. Enerjak Reborn arc)? What are your reasons for your preference, if any?

3.) If this goes into spoilers, just say "I can't answer that". Assuming that it didn't make it into the Enerjak Reborn arc, did you have any plans or wishes to depict Dimitri chatting it up with a weakened and imprisoned Mammoth Mogul or did that not really enter the equasion in your mind?

4.) Can we expect to see any new updated maps of Mobius or are we limited to the one we were given previously (I can't recall what issue it was in, but there is a map of Mobius in one of them), as well as more detailed Data Files (including height, weight, etc like the older ones)?

5.) Around what time did the destruction of Albion take place? (Was it before Angel Island was taken over, around the same time, or afterwards and more recently?) If it took place after Eggman's takeover of Angel Island, why did Albion refrain from intervening if they knew they could have helped their brother echidnas who were being systematically wiped out?
Last edited by Luger on Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luger
BumbleNoble

Postby nma1985 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:56 am

Hi Ian, I bring questions:

1) Are you going to add new villains(of your creation, not Sega´s) this 2008?

2) From what is told in "Albion´s Shameful Secret", can Knuckles make any other(non-descendant I mean) echidna as powerful as Finitevus at will? Or that was only on his green-angry period?

__N.M.Á.
nma1985
BumbleFan

Postby oca2007 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:32 pm

1)Are we going to see any more of the Hidden Palace from Return to Angel Island story arc?

2) Will you do anything on the tapestry depicting Robotnick and Super Sonic that was shown in RtAI?

3) Will we see another Freedom Fighter Special aircraft?

4) Will you ever do something along the lines of when Sonic and Tails went globetrotting to hunt down Ixis Naugus?

5) With giving no to as little spoilers as possible, what kinds of things will happen in the comic over the course of 2008?
oca2007
BumbleNewbie

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:39 pm

In Sonic X, are there any plans to look into the hidden bunkers and technology that Proffesor Gerald supposebly has stashed away all over the place, as seen in issue #7?

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:18 pm

For that matter, with the cartoon seemingly over and thus unlikely to explain, might we see how Eggman's ancestor's came to be on a seperate world from himself (or vice versa)?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby NeonChaosKnuckles » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:13 pm

Will what happened to the Brotherhood ever be revealed?

And will Spectre's past be told someday?(Sorry if this isn't allowed, but Spectre has always been my favorite Brotherhood member!^^)
NeonChaosKnuckles
BumbleNewbie

Postby Oceanwind » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:52 pm

I have a couple questions about Shadow:

1. Why did Shadow decide to start working for G.U.N.?

2. Will we ever see Super Shadow take his inhibitor rings off?
Oceanwind
BumbleFan

Postby Sockie » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:37 pm

1. Is the fairly recent "lost story" in Sonic the Hedgehog Archives #5 canon? If so, does this mean NICOLE was ordered by Sally from who-knows-where and that Universalamander is currently trapped at molecular size?

2. Speaking of Universalamander, any chance of him returning? Or if the as-mentioned story is canon, does him being turned back to normal size somehow break your "dead=dead" rule, or am I just being crazy? He always was my favorite Badnik...
Sockie
BumbleNoble

Postby KatyaSolas » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:52 pm

1.) Just out of curiosity, when I read some of the back issues of the Knuckles comic, I noticed Remington had a bit of an accent (like when he addressed Lara-Le as "m'lady" and I think he addressed Harry as "lad" too during the Green Knuckles saga), and a number of the characters around him (like the dingoes) also had accents (with the dingoes having the Aussie accent). If he has one, is Remington's accent Australian too, or is it British?

2.) Will there be any time to see what will be the final fate of the dingoes?

3.) Will the dingoes and echidnas ever stop feuding?

4.) Nicole seems to be the dominate heroine as of late, is she now the main (being an all-present A.I. within the new nanite city), or is Sally still the leading lady?

5.) Will Rouge begin showing interest in Shadow like she has been in the games?
Last edited by KatyaSolas on Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
KatyaSolas
BumbleFan

Postby Oceanwind » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:54 pm

Another question about Shadow:

In issue 182 how come Shadow's chaos energy was red instead of green like it usually is? Was this intentional or was it a coloring mistake?
Oceanwind
BumbleFan

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius