Ask Ian #5 - The Return

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Goldanas » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:03 pm

IanPotto wrote:Did you just make an "Angry Beavers" reference?

:shock: Yes. I am simply aghast at the fact that you picked that up. I loved that show as a kid and I give you a mighty 'spoot' in reply. Is there no pop culture reference I can't throw at you?

As for the outside references, they're not limited to scripting. Sometimes the artist will implement a few things of her own. A long time ago, I recall seeing the robots from Mystery Science Theater 3000 in an issue of Sonic the Hedgehog. It was one of the early 50's. I think it was the film noir one.

Manny Galan has thrown a few things into the Knuckles series in his time. I remember several appearances of Rugrat look-alikes, and, of course, Star Wars spaceships and cruisers always seemed to make their way into the background.

Now if you want to talk Spaz, we can go on for hours about his easter eggs. He really loved referencing the Saturn games. Go check out Metal Madness or any of his covers. The man loved Astal.

Edit: 16 Pages!! Madness!!!
Goldanas
BumbleFan

Postby Taco » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:18 pm

Yay for Angry Beavers! Whenever I watch my brother's house for him while he's gone, I watch that on Nick Toons. That show was awesome.
http://beaverscancelled.ytmnd.com/#

Kureeji Lea wrote:Ewww, I knew the difference between Star Wars and Star Trek. I think that's a new level of nerd for me.

I mourn for your innocence lost, ma'am. :P

Umm... stuff. So Ian... I'm glad to hear you use some sailor language. I wasn't sure if you were a goodie-little-toe-shoes or not. (Goodie little toe-shoes! Goodie little toe-shoes! Quick! What am I referencing there?)

Wuv, Yer Mom
Taco
BumbleKnight

Postby Sonic922 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:20 pm

Gasp! Is this addition to be locked soon?

Anyway, I know Antoine has gone through a lot, but will he ever have any comical aspect with again, feels kinda bad to have completely departed from SatAM and Early comic.
Sonic922
BumbleFan

Postby General Tekno » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:24 pm

Interesting tidbit with my second spoiler question there Ian. Although ADAM overlooking Fintevus seems pretty stupid on his part - I mean, one would THINK that the very fact someone's broken into the Egg Chamber who Hunter supposedly killed would raise warning bells.

Generally, if you see an albino echidna with a freaky look and Scourge as an ally, that means trouble.

Why do I have the feeling that Dr. F is gonna take advantage of "The Gathering"'s aftermath?
General Tekno
BumbleKnight

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius