Ask Ian for MAR'09 - I Stop Talking to Myself

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Ask Ian for MAR'09 - I Stop Talking to Myself

Postby Ian Flynn » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:52 am

The Rules wrote:"Ask Ian" Rules

(1) I'll Post Answers Once a Week

I'll be taking questions from Sunday to Saturday each week. Saturday 11:59PM is the cut-off for new questions, and new answers will be posted the following Sunday. Sometimes I get busy and can't post answers exactly on Sunday. In those cases, just be patient - I'll answer soon!

(2) Three Questions Each

You get three questions per week. You don't have to ask three, and it doesn't have to be all at once. And none of that tricky "sub-question" stuff that's popped up. If you put some kind of variant on there, I'll count it as another question to be fair to everyone else. Play fair!

(3) Why Not Everything is Answered

I'll be picking the questions I think will benefit everyone reading, so don't be heart broken if I skip over yours. I'm not playing favorites. Also, there's some questions I simply can't answer for behind-the-scenes reasons. In rare occasions, I can't even say that I can't answer! If your question doesn't get answered, it's best to save it for later or move on to something else.

(4) Let Me Do the Answering

I want this feature to be all about official information, and there's a very select few folks here who count as official. Unless you have a link to a forum post of mine or the exact issue and page numbers, your answer isn't going to be "accurate." So save yourself the hassle and let me handle it.

(5) Where'd My Post Go?

As I said, I want this to be info-rich. There's a whole forum for discussion. So if I feel like your post is distracting from the thread's purpose, it's gone. So keep things neat and tidy for everyone else, okay?

Thread discussion: http://www.bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1362

Due to extenuating circumstances, there is now an official thread for discussing anything that comes up or picks your interest in the Ask Ian topic. Any comments, queries, pointing out stuff that's already been answered and/or general discussion etc in relation to anything in this thread should go there as this thread is for questions only. Posting discussion based comments here instead of there will net you a 3-day ban so be careful - you have been warned! Have fun! :)

I haven't finished up the last batch for February yet, but we might as well get the ball rolling on this month.

Remember - THREE questions is the new standard, and I'll be going back to picking and choosing as before.
Last edited by Ian Flynn on Sat May 30, 2009 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Tails #1 Fan » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:10 am

Here are my questions. If you answer them please be as detailed as possible.
1) You said we will see novelty answers on occasion. Will we get to ask Sonic, Tails, and Bean questions again this year?

2) I was looking through my Fantastic Four issues and I saw my The End issue. It is a special by Marvel Comics featuring a possible ending to the story of the comics as the comics have no forseeable cancelation. Would Archie and/or Sega let you do something like that?
I don't mean a mobius 25 years later type thing.

3) Where will we see more of main Freedom Fighters like Tails and Sally, SU or the main comic?

In case you didn't see it yet
http://www.bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1347

Lastly, thank you Ian for the novelty answer month and for all the Ask Ians!!
Last edited by Tails #1 Fan on Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tails #1 Fan
BumbleCitizen

Postby Illustrious Q » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:17 am

1.) What has it felt like rereading the entire Sonic Series for the encyclopedia?

2.) Is there any chance that the Sonic X universe will appear in Sonic Universe?

Ian, thanks for the Novelty answer month. It was an absolute riot.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby Tonberry2k » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:19 am

While re-reading the archives have you had any "aha!" moments that have inspired possible future plot points? Additionally, anything you've found very interesting that you hadn't noticed/thought about before?
Tonberry2k
BumbleNoble

Postby ReifuTD » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:35 am

1. Do you think there could be Prime Zone versions of Blaze and Marine somewhere?

2. Zonic called Scourge a mutant, is that because even though he’s from Evil Mobius he was changed and filled with chaos energy from the Prime Zone making a creature of both worlds or something?

3. I understand why the Mobains in the prime world don’t use guns. But why don’t I see Moebains use them like Scourge and the Suppression Squad? They are evil,
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby FairFieldFinder » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:41 am

#1: Do you plan on clearing up the mystery of Cream's father when she appears?

#2: Will Omega be getting a datafile soon?

#3: Why didn't you use Omega sooner? Apparently, he was supposed to introduced to the comics after #134, but that was cancelled like a lot of other ideas.
Last edited by FairFieldFinder on Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
FairFieldFinder
BumbleClan

Postby Pengi » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:02 pm

1. What do you think are the pros and cons of now having two Sonic titles (Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic Universe)?

2. Will we see Sonic interacting more with human cities, aside from GUN related shenanigans?

3. Will we see any locales from older video games (Green Hill Zone etc) and the little animal buddies associated with them (Flicky, Picky, Pecky etc)?
Pengi
BumbleCitizen

Postby Doc Eggman » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:36 pm

1.) If the X universe ever can be revisited, might some of the loose subplots ever be resolved? (El Gran Gordo, Eggman/Ella, et cetera)

2.) Is the ban on Eggman Nega, to your knowledge, a permanent one? Or, like previous barred characters, might the Nega embargo be subject to change?
Doc Eggman
BumbleFan

Postby WinkingSamurai » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:44 am

If Scourge ever used the Master Emerald to go Super, would he turn back into regular Evil Sonic once the transformation wore off?
WinkingSamurai
BumbleNoble

Postby The King of Shadows » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:59 am

if Finitevus were to die and brought back to life, would he still be white?
The King of Shadows
BumbleKnight

Postby shigamado » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:57 pm

Hey Ian, this week I decided to see what kind of gamer you are.

1.) What systems do you own?

2.) What games do you play that aren't Sonic?

3.) What is your favorite genre?
shigamado
BumbleClan

Postby Glaber » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:21 pm

Can we have the answers to last week's questions? (Skippalbe)
Last edited by Glaber on Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glaber
BumbleCitizen

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:21 pm

He's working on it, be patient.

Postby nuckles87 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:12 pm

Indeed, it's two hundred questions for goodness sakes..

1. I remember way back during the Adventure adaption, Archie bragged about the Sonic Adventure arc being the longest in the comic's history, at seven Sonic issues and one super special.With your last arc was at eight issues, and as far as I've been able to tell it's the only other arc to last that long. Do you plan to ever break that record?
nuckles87
BumbleKnight

Postby WinkingSamurai » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:23 pm

What does GUN want with a Chaos Emerald?
WinkingSamurai
BumbleNoble

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius