Ask Ian for FEB'09 - Novelty Answer Month - Finis~

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby The King of Shadows » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:40 pm

to Ian: in 160 when Evil Sonic became Scourge he didnt have any glasses on. so my question is: where the heck did he get those glasses all of the sudden?
The King of Shadows
BumbleKnight

Postby Chosenoneknuckles » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:56 pm

[To Big]: It can't have always just been you and Froggy, so what did become of your relatives, [if] you know?

[To Big]: Following that, around what age did you and Froggy first meet?

[To Knuckles]: Have Tikal and Chaos been in contact with you since the 'Chaos Incident' at all? I quite miss them...
Chosenoneknuckles
BumbleNoble

Postby Demonis » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:41 pm

Well, I have two more questions.

2.)To Sleuth: So what do you think of the other Destructix members?

3.)To Patch: Care to explain what that bad ol' Scourge did to your eye?
Demonis
BumbleNewbie

Postby Evan » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:28 pm

1. Ian: Are you enjoying this as much as we are?

And I may as well take a stab at it. I'm unsure if anyone else has...

2. Iron Queen: Have you... um.. Talked to a particularly handsome henchman to Dr Eggman named Snively recently?
Evan
BumbleFan

Postby Lobotomy » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:08 pm

@Sonic: I know you've met the guy before, Solid Snake. He told his contact, named Otacon that there was something about you that bothered him. What do you think it is? Is there something you'd like to say in return?

@Sally: You never seem to take a break, what do you do in your small periods of spare time?

@NICOLE: Do you understand the concept of eternity, and would you crash if I explained the grandfather paradox?
Lobotomy
BumbleNoble

Postby Para » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:28 pm

1. So, Ian? How ARE the voices in your head today? :D

2. For Nack: What's the deal with your eye color? Blue, then purple, then red for a while, then back to blue.. You can tell me if it's an attempt at attracting the ladies by spicing up your appearance! I won't tell anyone! Promise!

3. For Bean: Hey Bean! Let's hear your best Ian Flynn impersonation! :D
Para
BumbleNoble

Postby Rafski » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:55 pm

To Fiona: Why did you slap Tails across the face? Do you regret doing that?
Rafski
BumbleFan

Postby nz17 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:27 am

To Rotor: You were once the go-to guy when it came to science and technology for the Freedom Fighters. With the liberation of Sir Charles Hedgehog, the maturation of Tails into an unbelievable child prodigy, and the rise of Nicole and the nanites into a sentient, infinitely configurable machine-city, how have you dealt with losing the important spot you once occupied?

To Rotor: Growing up, I was always more into my studies and hobbies (usually computers and science) than I was into the popular "fun" activities. I was never the athletic one, the popular one, or the beautiful one. Even though I would say outlandish, wacky things for the sake of being funny, I was usually the quiet one who existed on the proximity of my group of friends. It is for this reason that of all the people in your world, you are the one I relate to and empathise with most. Therefore it always brings a smile to my face when you get on-panel time. So while in a way you can occasionally be envious of others like Sonic and Tails who get the limelight, how does it feel to know that some people actually relate most to you?

To Sally: How do you see your relationships with your friends, family, and associates of the royal court (e.g. Knuckles) having changed on an individual level with each over the past ten years? If I had to be specific, I suppose I mainly mean Bunnie, Tails, Rotor, Sonic, and your father, but feel free to elaborate on whomever else you please.
nz17
BumbleNewbie

Postby Ed Bellis » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:10 pm

1. Elias, how do you think your reign has gone thus far?

2. Bernie, how do you deal with your husband being robotic?

3. Uncle Chuck, do you think you've fully forgiven yourself for inventing the roboticizer?
Ed Bellis
BumbleFan

Postby GrandMasterGalvatron » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:55 pm

Sonia: How's life been since the Borg suit incident?

Silver: Do you ever use your powers to bend spoons in your spare time?

Scourge: What was it like being Super?
GrandMasterGalvatron
BumbleKnight

Postby Orion101 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:26 am

1. To Sonic: When you and Shadow were in the digital diary and you met Maria did you happen to notice she resembled someone you may have known?

2. To Sir Charles: I overheard Hope once say that you told her she would ace her project for sure, what kind of relationship did you have with her before she left?

3. To Rutan: Why are you and your cousin always fighting even when your dating one of her best friends?
Orion101
BumbleFan

Postby Cerwyn » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:03 pm

To Ian: This whole thing of asking characters questions is rather nifty. Will you be doing it again?

To Julie-Su: It must be frustrating having Rouge eyeing Knuckles. How are you dealing with it and does it create doubts about yourself and your relationship with Knuckles?

To Locke: Have you had a chance to ask Aurora what she wanted when she sent you that dream so many years ago? After all, it sure seem like she kick started a wild set of events.
Cerwyn
BumbleFan

Postby ChaosJam » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:15 pm

1. To Rotor: Now that life seems to have settled down for you a bit, your duties as council member aside, have you thought about finding yourself a girlfriend?

2. To Miles: You told Tails how he has denied his magical heritage but so far we haven't seen anything from you on that end. Will we see you prove your abilities in the future?

3. To Bean: I heard Ian was going to adopt you and let you live with him. Is that true?
ChaosJam
BumbleNoble

Postby Ian Flynn » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:11 pm

We're on Round 2 of Week 1. DING-DING!

Question #104 wrote:What books have helped you become a better writer? You kind of channeled Peter David with your whole "do this but don't do this" answer last month.

I've quite a few "How to Rite Gud" books. Peter David's was one. "The DC Comics Guide to Writing Comics by Dennis O'Neil is another good one. "On Writing" by Stephen King, as well as others. And just looking back at older material of my own and rethinking it helps. Practice makes perfect.

Question #105 wrote:To Bunnie: Why did you ignore all the good Southern principles your mother taught you to go smooch with (evil) Sonic in the bushes? (It looked like you went farther, but I edited that part from my copy of the comic because I have two little sisters.)

Ah'm sorry you had to do that to yo' book. Ah . . . well there just ain't a good explanation. Ah was in a bad spot at the time, and I thought it was Sonic. Ah thought Ah could find comfort in onna mah closest friends. But you bettah believe nuthin' happened! Ah may have been a bit lost, but Ah still had mah principles!

Question #106 wrote:To Sally: Would you have any interest in an overlander? I've always admired you. We could get married, and then I'd bump off Elias and be king of New Mobotropolis, and I could sell you all out to Eggman! Bwa ha ha ha! Bwa ha ha... ha.

I'm going to . . . ignore that last bit and assume it's a brand of humor used here.

Lady, you've got no idea.

Uh...huh. No, I don't believe I would be interested in an Overlander or human partner. Nothing against your species, but they just aren't my type.

Question #107 wrote:(@ Dr. Eggman) In one of your answers, you mentioned that once you're done with Mobius, you'll move on to the rest of the universe. Did you do that in your home zone as well?

I didn't realize there was such a fascination with me. Perhaps I'll take a short break to field more curious minds. NOT YOU SNIVELY! KEEP WELDING!

No, in my case, I had bigger rodents to fry. I knew of the Prime Zone, and my own victory felt so hollow knowing I only knocked off a knock-off. This real Mobius is now my primary goal . . . after Sonic. I just hate that hedgehog, you see?

You can't see him twitch, but he is.

I AM NOT!

Question #108 wrote:(@ Dr. Finitevus) Since you obviously have some knowledge and the ability to wield the power the power of Chaos, what is the difference in yours and the Brotherhood's use? I ask this because, when you and Locke where preventing the Master Emerald from being taken by A.D.A.M., you seemed to have a black and green fire (or is it energy?) around your hands while Locke had a white and green fire around his hands.

Technically there is no difference. It is a siphoning and channeling of the Chaos Force, redirecting it to achieve the wielder's objective. The different colorization is, ah, merely a difference in technique - purely cosmetic. We differ in the ideological and practical senses in that they ineffectively doddered about this poisoned world while I am proactively working to better it.

Question #109 wrote:(@ Finitevus) Also, when you tricked Knuckles into turning into Enerjak, was his power equal too Dimitri as Enerjak, or too Knuckles' power when he was a living Chaos emerald?

I never got to experience Dimitri as Enerjak's avatar. Given the reports I read during my tenure in Albion, however, I believe their powers were comparable.

Question #110 wrote:To Ian: What color is Spectre's fur? (in case Spectre is unavailable)

I recall reading somewhere that it's red and the blackness stems from the shadows of his metal hood. It was either on Mr. Penders's board or in-book, I honestly don't remember which. Personally, I'd like to just say it's black. It would make better sense visually, and it would fit his spooky motif.

Question #111 wrote:Bunnie - What do you think of Buns trapped in a big Omega suit?

It makes me a little thankful for what Ah've got. Ah can still move about freely - and it don't hurt I look pretty good, don'cha think? To be trapped in that big ol' clunky shell . . . it gives me th' shivers.

Question #112 wrote:Buns - What do you think of Bunnie being half robotic?

Shoot, makes me kinda happy Ah got stuck in this hunk-a-junk. Bein' sick ain't no fun, and Ah do miss the outside from time to time. But Ah'm still all me, only with, like, ten times the power! She's always gonna look like some kinda sci-fi nightmare. Me? Once the doc figures out a cure for mah N.I.D.S. Ah can enjoy the outsides again and smash stuff in this puppy!

Question #113 wrote:Nicole - Is your physical body capable of all 5 senses (especially touch, taste, and smell)?

I'm afraid not since I do not actually posses a corporeal form. My body is a light-matrix mapped over energy fields that allow me some "substance," but nothing more. I am my own marionette, in a sense. I can detect various impulses and stimuli and process their compositions and natures, but I cannot "smell" or "taste" as the others do. It is something I am endeavoring for, however!

Question #114 wrote:(to Snively) What is your motivation when you chose sides, what were you thinking while you were a freedom fighter, and then after you changed sides again and rejoined Robotnik.

What's your motivation for getting up in the morning? For going about your day? Living? Working? Learning? It's to get ahead, of course. But where most of you are content with the "ambitions" of a family and a nice house, I've set my goals much higher. My uncle is the easiest means to success. When he was gone, I tried to emulate his success as Warlord Julian - except he returned before I could get too deep. Survival of the fittest is the world's oldest motivation, and I'll prove I'm the fittest of them all. Just....don't ask so loudly. He's in just the other lab, and I don't want him to know I'm slacking off in here.

Question #115 wrote:(to Snively) How was your relationship with hope while you were a freedom fighter, did she annoy you, did you feel bad about what happened to her/your father?

H-Hope? She . . . she was a nice girl. Lovely, even. Shows such promise in being a great mechanic. It was . . . nice having her in Knothole. My father is bubbling nuclear slag, and I like that fine, but Hope . . . she was special. That's why when I had the gunships trained on her plane I ordered . . . nevermind.

Question #116 wrote:(to Snively) What was going through your mind durring the destruction of the original knothole, when you had a lock-on on hope, and was being asked weather to open fire. (And Ian stop giving me the dirty looks, Im not asking for what he decided, just what he felt before he made his choice.)

....regret. There was no taking back the choice I made that day. Move on to someone else, will you? I've got work to do.

Question #117 wrote:To Sonic: What do you think about the game "Super Smash Bros. Brawl"?

Not a bad take on my powers, but I'm too slow! I need to step it up! C'mon!

Question #118 wrote:Also to Sonic: How do you feel about reaching your 200th issue?

Not surprising, really. When you're as cool as I am, there's always a demand for more. What's cooler still is all of you guys supporting me, so be sure to pick up "Sonic's Under..." Dude, potto, your handwriting stinks. What's this say?

"Universe!" "Sonic Universe!" And put a plug in there for Young Salem too.

Meh, already bored with it. Next question!

Question #119 wrote:To Bean: Do you like "BLING-BLING"?

Ooooooooooh, I've never tried bling-bling! I like to boom-boom, blam-blam, bam-bam, and blip-bloop, but never bling-bling. I can-can try-try if you want-want. Just gimme a ring-ring when you wanna-wanna ask-ask me-me to-to bling-bling-bling-bling-blingity-blingle-bingcrosby-stillsandnash-bingity-boingity-bree-hee-hee-hee!

Question #120 wrote:To Princess Sally.
Always been a big fan of yours. I love the blue co-ordination thing you have going on there. And that hair. And those EYES.
Anyway. TO THE QUESTION AT HAND.
What did it REALLY feel like to smack Sonic the Hedgehog? I mean seriously. I know you're both old friends and you've known each other for a long time, but surely there must have been some satisfaction felt with that old slap. Before you go, would you mind pointing for me? Pretty please? It would make my day. <3

I . . .well . . .mmm. I suppose I did make that very public, didn't I? I might as well be as up-front about this, then. Yes, it was cathartic at the time. Empowering, I suppose. But it also hurt. Not just the sting later, but knowing I'd lashed out like that. All the times we bickered and argued and fought and I hit him in the name of loving him. It's . . . bothered me greatly since then. But Sonic is Sonic, and his easy way of taking things in stride has helped. He's forgiven me, and I think I've just about forgiven myself. As for the . . . pointing? Like this?

Yup, just point at him. No, don't ask, just point.

Question #121 wrote:Nicole.
You spent the longest time as a hand-held computer. Back then you were a different being almost. Like you were content to remain that way. Did you ever dream of being free of your confines? What's some of the biggest freedoms you have now that you have a free roaming body of sorts? I understand your workload must have tripled since, but at least you can get outside and see the stars on your own, rather than rely on the images in your databanks. Speaking of which, would you care to join me for some star gazing? I brought wine.

I have no record of wanting more until I spent those brief minutes in Sally's mind. To process data and stimuli in such an unorganized and . . . organic way opened my proverbial eyes to what I could become. I would very much like to exist as the others do, as a living, breathing entity. It will take a great deal of study and experimentation and time, but it will be worth it. I am afraid you will have to consume the wine yourself. I cannot drink, and I am concerned the liquid would interfere with my holographic matrix.

Question #122 wrote:Snively, what do you think that your Uncle would/will think about RF?

Like he has two neurons to rub together and make a solid thought. I know he won't like her, but then again, I also know he won't have much of a say in it.

Question #123 wrote:(for Dimitri) If given the chance, what would you do if you could see your brother Edmund again?

...I would apologize. I would apologize for being so arrogant, for being so foolish . . . and for starting this war between our sons.

Question #124 wrote:(for Dimitri) How do you view your relationship with Julie-Su?

There isn't one, short of enemies. The blood between us is thin, and I do not know the girl personally. She is allied with my master's enemies, and so we are enemies of circumstance.

Question #125 wrote:(for Dimitri) Assuming that you'll find away to deactivate the bombs that Doctor Eggman so generously implanted in your and the Dark Legion's bodies, do you see yourself leading the Dark Legion into a reunification with the rest of the Echidna population?

Doubtful. Thanks to the - minimal - efforts of the Freedom Fighters I know that my brethren were transported to Albion. What I do not know, sadly, is its location. Its location was vague in my day, and that was only a few generations after the colony had settled. I could conceivably find it within Dr. Robotnik's records, but I do not wish to pique his curiosity. He seems to have forgotten his conquest there, and I would rather he not revisit such devastation on my homeland. There's also the Guardian, of course, but somehow I doubt he'd be willing to impart such knowledge.

Question #126 wrote:(To Bunnie) so hows that whole "marriage" thing working out? having any fun?

Ha-ha! T'be honest, sometimes Ah wonder if'n we didn't rush a li'l bit. We're both so young, and it was a big step. But then Ah think about what it'd be like to not have him by me every day, or if this war took him from me before Ah could be with him, and Ah realize I'm just bein' silly. He's my Sugar-Twan, and things are workin' out just fine, thanks.

Question #127 wrote:I know you probably have little to nothing to do with subscription prices, but I just re(after-a-long-time)subscribed to the comic and I was wondering-
Why are subscriptions purchased through the comic page form so much more expensive than they are online?

I . . . what?
12-issue subscription online: $16.79
12 issue subscription in-book: $16.79

Question #128 wrote:Who built the Cosmic Interstate?

Who knows? Maybe it manifested itself in the creation of the multiverse? Maybe the early Zone Cops built it as a means to do their job. The worlds may never know.

Question #129 wrote:Metal Sonic, Do you get tired of always losing?

Unit does not experience fatigue. Unit does not "always lose." Individual units are destroyed. New units are constructed. Cumulative analysis: current unit always has clean record.

Question #130 wrote:Jet, Is it a coincidence that Scourge has the same colour scheme as you?

Probably not. I bet he heard of the Legendary Wind Rider and got jealous! At least he's more up-front about it than Sonic.

Question #131 wrote:Mina: I'm gonna ask the question again since I think there was a misunderstanding the first time around. What is your middle name?

I'm going to have to intercede here. Sorry, I thought I was clear before. As far as I know, Mina doesn't have a middle name. Unless you can cite the issue number that proves me wrong, she doesn't have one. Sorry, Mina, I'll quit stepping on your toes.

I don't mind sharing the spot-light on occasion! But . . . why purple? Why not yellow or lilac?

They barely show up on the screen, and highlighting the text kind of defeats the purpose of color-coding responses, right?

I guess. Purple will do. Now let's rock!

Question #132 wrote:(to Mina) Oh and is there any chance you'll change your hair color to pink for awhile? One issue? Maybe a concert? (hearty laughter) Sorry I've always wanted to see how you look with pink or red hair (or some warm color?).

I dunno . . . I never thought about it. Then again, with the right wardrobe, it could freshen up my image a bit. Maybe theme an album around it and give a little extra punch to the next tour. I'll run it by Ash and the band, see what they think!

Question #133 wrote:Knuckles: Is there any unique way in which Julie-su manages to compliment your life?

Answer carefully.

Oh stop it! Um . . . let's see . . .she's the only friend of mine I can rough-house with and snuggle later?

Oh for the love of . . .

What?!

Knuckles, I love you, but you're about as romantic as a sack of bricks.

Yeah, well, it's true. How do I compliment you, and however that person put it?

You allow me to be sentimental without it making me weak or clinging. I can be your equal, your friend and your love all at once without any aspect of it overshadowing the others.

Wow . . . well, yeah! That's like I said! Only you put it more . . .

Romantically?

Sure.

*sigh* Oh you . . .

Question #134 wrote:Metal Sonic: To what extent are you programmed with the knowledge of your predecessors?

Relevant data of previous incarnations loaded as tactical basis where applicable - where available.

Question #135 wrote:Monkey Khan: You're active in the Dragon Kingdom - what do you think of the mysterious RF as far as Eggman subordinates/antagonists go?

Hey! Somebody remembers me! N-Not that I should be surprised, of course. I mean...it's me. But, yeah, no idea who "RF" is or what's going on over there.

Question #136 wrote:R.F.: How much of a thorn in your side is Monkey Khan?

OH NO YOU DON'T! If R.F. says he's a major thorn, that IDs her as Iron Queen. If she says "Monkey Who?" it ends all speculation it's her. NO MORE R.F. THEMED QUESTIONS! THEY WILL BE IGNORED!

Question #137 wrote:To Max: How do you think or hope the historians will look at your regin?

My ring? I never owned a ring. It was the Crown and Sword of Acorns that were special, but they're gone now.

He means your tenure over the kingdom sire.

My tenure...?

Your legacy. When you ruled.

Of course, of course. I hope it judges me fairly. I acted decisively against the Overlander menace and ruled with love for all my people. I hope I'm not looked upon too harshly for being fooled but Julian, but that is a failure for which I have no excuse.

Question #138 wrote:To Bernie: When did you first realize Sonic was special?

He's my one and only - that makes him special. I suppose I saw the first hints of his abilities when he was still in diapers, though. I've heard other mothers talk about how quickly their babies can get away from them, but Sonic would crawl fast enough to wear out the knees to his jumper! And other babies will do somersaults, but he did one and knocked the pictures off the wall. I hate I missed out on his formative years - to see him go from scooting around to sprinting at the speed of sound. Of all the things Robotnik took from me, I miss that the most.

Question #139 wrote:To Sally: I have heard there are some treason accussations aganist you(which I think are lies), how do you respond to them?

Yes, I dealt with the issue. Well...one of them at least. I . . . actually, I think it better not to speculate just yet. We just got out of the hearing and everyone's nerves are raw. You'll see how it all plays out soon.

Question #140 wrote:in 160 when Evil Sonic became Scourge he didnt have any glasses on. so my question is: where the heck did he get those glasses all of the sudden?

They were hidden in his jacket interior pocket.

Question #150 wrote:[To Big]: It can't have always just been you and Froggy, so what did become of your relatives, [if] you know?

All I remember is Froggy and fishing. I never thought about where I came from. Froggy? Where did I come from?

*croak*

He says he will tell me when I am older. Oh boy!

Question #151 wrote:[To Big]: Following that, around what age did you and Froggy first meet?

He was a little frog. I was still big. I am still Big, but I mean that I was also big then. Big, which is me, is big. And was big.

Question #152 wrote:[To Knuckles]: Have Tikal and Chaos been in contact with you since the 'Chaos Incident' at all? I quite miss them...

No, I haven't heard from them. I assume that means they're at peace in their Zone, which is good. I still wish I could've had more time to learn from Tikal. I can do without the water monster though, thanks.

Question #153 wrote:To Sleuth: So what do you think of the other Destructix members?

They have their uses; their part to play. Predator covers all aerial vectors, Lightning is our counter to Espio as well as the perfect early warning system. The sergeant takes care of the field tactics for me and is our power player. Flying . . . he's not right, in the head I mean, but he runs interference well and he's on our side, which is always a plus. Oh, right, and Drago. Ha ha ha . . . ah, Drago. It'll be a sad day when he figures out he's the team's meat-shield. And by "sad" I mean he'll be crying in the corner. HA!

Question #154 wrote:To Patch: Care to explain what that bad ol' Scourge did to your eye?

Non. I would not. It is not here, is that not enough for you to know?

Question #155 wrote:Ian: Are you enjoying this as much as we are?

I am when folks aren't trying to ruin the RF surprise by forcing me to address the Iron Queen and thereby confirming/denying her involvement. I mean, for pity's sake, she showed up once - eleven years ago! She makes a great red herring, but seriously guys, it's like you're trying to get into your Christmas presents early with a battering ram.

Question #156 wrote:@Sonic: I know you've met the guy before, Solid Snake. He told his contact, named Otacon that there was something about you that bothered him. What do you think it is? Is there something you'd like to say in return?

Is this the part where I sing "Snake Eater" or start screaming "Snake!" three times in a row? Maybe he was just upset that his spot as "coolest third-party guest character" was taken from him so easily. Do you remember that vid? "Live and Learn" and me going Super at the end? Aw yeah! That was awesome!

Question #157 wrote:@Sally: You never seem to take a break, what do you do in your small periods of spare time?

I have a small letter's column I update as a hobby. I'll enjoy New Mobotropolis or a good book - y'know, small, quiet activities. Granted, they're usually interrupted by something fast, blue, and oblivious to the notions of "me-time" outside of his own ego, but it's those little moments that count.

Do I sense some pent-up anxiety?

No. It's just a little jarring when somebody convinces Nicole to turn the hillside into an amp for his guitar while some of us are quietly reading by the river.

Well excuuuuuuuse me, princess! I didn't see you there!

Question #158 wrote:@NICOLE: Do you understand the concept of eternity, and would you crash if I explained the grandfather paradox?

I can calculate the parameters of its existence, but I do not believe I "fathom" it. No one does. As for the grandfather paradox, I am aware of it and my own involvement in it. However, as is explained to me some twenty-seven years in the future, King Sonic closed all holes within space-time, effectively paving over my impossibility.

Question #159 wrote:For Nack: What's the deal with your eye color? Blue, then purple, then red for a while, then back to blue.. You can tell me if it's an attempt at attracting the ladies by spicing up your appearance! I won't tell anyone! Promise!

Nah, toots, this right here - the ol' snaggle-tooth - that's what the ladies love. Am I right? Holla for the mola'! But, yeah, I got no idea about the eye-thing. Don't notice it myself. I think I heard said sometime, somewhere, onna them egg-heads said the mobian gene's all variable-mutagentic of some such noise. Leads to random eye colors, fur color shifts, sometime three fingers, sometimes four. I dunno - sounds like a lot of hot air tryin' to cover something up - but whatever.

Question #160 wrote: For Bean: Hey Bean! Let's hear your best Ian Flynn impersonation!

OOH! OOH! Impressions! Um um um um . . . lessee . . . um um OKAY HERE GOES!

Hi there. This is Bean the Duck doing an impersonation of Ian Flynn through text.

Thank you! Thank you! I'll be here all month! Don't forget to tip your waitress, but not too far or she'll drop her tray! Thank you!

Question #161 wrote:To Fiona: Why did you slap Tails across the face? Do you regret doing that?

The twerp had it comin'. Look, I was sympathetic to the kid at first. Really. He had no clue, and that kind of puppy-love is kind of cute in a way. But he didn't take a hint, and then he got into the whole weepy "I know you're good deep down" bit. Ugh. I don't regret it a bit. As a matter of fact, I did the kid a favor. That little love tap knocked some sense into him. Gosh! I guess it means I really am good deep down! HA HA HA HA!

Question #162 wrote:To Rotor: You were once the go-to guy when it came to science and technology for the Freedom Fighters. With the liberation of Sir Charles Hedgehog, the maturation of Tails into an unbelievable child prodigy, and the rise of Nicole and the nanites into a sentient, infinitely configurable machine-city, how have you dealt with losing the important spot you once occupied?

Well, like any good scientist or inventor, I've adapted. That's a big reason why I ran for office during the election. And even if I'm kinda redundant now, when it comes to technology, it never hurts to have some extra back-ups lying around.

Question #163 wrote:To Rotor: So while in a way you can occasionally be envious of others like Sonic and Tails who get the limelight, how does it feel to know that some people actually relate most to you?

Gosh . . . ! I never really thought about that before. I mean, it makes sense, but I never thought I got that much attention. It feels . . . good, I guess? Sure! Maybe this is why Sonic's always in a good mood.

Question #164 wrote:To Sally: How do you see your relationships with your friends, family, and associates of the royal court (e.g. Knuckles) having changed on an individual level with each over the past ten years? If I had to be specific, I suppose I mainly mean Bunnie, Tails, Rotor, Sonic, and your father, but feel free to elaborate on whomever else you please.

Oh wow! I thought you were just being a bit over-critical when you were talking about questions-inside-questions, but . . . whew!

Yeah. Maybe after another two-three years folks will quit it. You don't have to write a book, princess. Pick one or be general.

Hmm . . . well . . . I suppose in general not too terribly much as changed. My friends are still my friends, but our bonds have deepened and matured. My duties may have changed on occasion, but I'm still the field leader of the Freedom Fighters. I've never known my family outside of my father, so it's been a treat to visit with my mother, and with Elias and his family, and learn about all we've missed of each other. Daddy - father - worries me a little. The strain of his life is beginning to take its toll, I think. But deep down I know he still loves me, and I love him, so nothing has changed there, has it?

Question #165 wrote:Elias, how do you think your reign has gone thus far?

Ha...it could be much better. It's definitely not the life I thought I'd lead. To be perfectly honest I'd prefer to be back out there adventuring and leave things to Sally who - y'know - actually knows what she's doing. But I had to step up to rescue her from Patch, and I know now that she was miserable as queen. And what kind of big brother would I be if I didn't look out for my little sister? Heh. This also allows me to provide a better life for Meg and Alexis than back in Furville. I think things are going to go much better now that I have the Council of Acorn to back me up and keep things balanced. Looking back . . . I meant all of what I said to the Prowers, but I also wonder if I fought for the monarchy just so I didn't completely fail as king. Haha . . . I'm still getting used to all this heavy thinking.

Question #166 wrote:Bernie, how do you deal with your husband being robotic?

That's . . . a hard one to answer. On the one hand I'd say I don't "deal with" it at all. It's still Jules, he's still my husband, and most days I don't even see the robian side of him. And then something small will happen - like I'll forget he doesn't eat anymore and make him something, or I'll roll over and realize he's in the other room being perpetually awake. And those days my heart breaks for him, because there's nothing I can do. Well, no, that's not true. I can love him for the man he is - has always been - and I think that helps him get by with this too.

Question #167 wrote: Uncle Chuck, do you think you've fully forgiven yourself for inventing the roboticizer?

Oh I never will. I don't think any sane person can. But I have come to terms with it. I set out to do good and it blew up in my face. And while Jules may be the only robian left, entire families were dissolved and nearly a generation's worth of time lost. I may be forgiven by others, but I can't forgive myself. But beating myself up about won't do diddly either, will it? No sir. So I've dedicated my life to serving Mobius, and I'm just going to have to hope that makes accounts even.

Question #168 wrote:Sonia: How's life been since the Borg suit incident?

Great, actually! Robotnik's hold is visibly weakening all over and we're actually playing concerts in public without any worries of being attacked. I really think the tide has turned. And don't tell the boys - I don't want to get their hopes up too high - but I think I finally got a lead on mom. I think we're just about on the edge of our happy ending!

Question #169 wrote:Silver: Do you ever use your powers to bend spoons in your spare time?

Sure. Spoons, support beams, bridges - I practice strengthening my powers by rebuilding my world. Unfortunately, mostly all I can do is bend and lift. I tried nailing a wall up and ended up blasting it to pieces. *sigh* I hear in the old days they called that kind of effect "buckshot."

Question #170 wrote:Scourge: What was it like being Super?

You mean more than I already am? HA! Ah . . . man, it's great. The surge! The limitless power! I wasn't joking about the whole spin-dash-the-planet thing. I could do that. I could feel it. It's like the universe bends to your will, and you can feel your whole body tugging on it, making it bend for you. It's like running and full tilt just by standing still. I need to grab me the Chaos Emeralds and make that power stick.

Question #171 wrote:To Sonic: When you and Shadow were in the digital diary and you met Maria did you happen to notice she resembled someone you may have known?

Um . . . no?

You'll have to forgive him. He didn't recognize me when I had my fur discolored.

I said I was sorry! Sheesh! A kid makes a mistake and you never let him live it down . . .

Hee-hee! Just because your reaction is priceless every time.

Nyuck-nyuck, Sal.

Question #172 wrote:To Sir Charles: I overheard Hope once say that you told her she would ace her project for sure, what kind of relationship did you have with her before she left?

She was a student of mine when I was dividing my time between the Brain Trust and teaching at Knothole High. I still teach when I'm not serving on the council. Heh-heh - I guess my old robian work ethic stuck with me.

Question #173 wrote:To Rutan: Why are you and your cousin always fighting even when your dating one of her best friends?

'Cause Lara-Su's a jerk! She's like all the Guardians - all stuck up and self-important. I asked Salma out 'cause I knew it'd tick her off. Only . . . don't tell Salma that, okay? We're really serious now. REALLY serious. So keep your mouth shut, alright?

Question #174 wrote:This whole thing of asking characters questions is rather nifty. Will you be doing it again?

Definitely, but not frequently. I don't know how often - maybe only when it tickles my fancy. We'll see.

Question #175 wrote:To Julie-Su: It must be frustrating having Rouge eyeing Knuckles. How are you dealing with it and does it create doubts about yourself and your relationship with Knuckles?

"Frustrating" is one word for it. Not such much that she's doing it, it's that I don't have a good way to combat it. She's too . . . sneaky! I could take her out and be done with it, but the way she's set herself up it looks like I'm the villain out of nowhere. And I guess there's the little matter of her working with G.U.N. and that'd make for a diplomatic nightmare, but that's besides the point. I . . . I don't doubt Knuckles. It's more like I believe in Rouge's ability to twist things to her favor. I dunno what I'm going to do. Just keep an eye on them, I guess.

Question #176 wrote:To Locke: Have you had a chance to ask Aurora what she wanted when she sent you that dream so many years ago? After all, it sure seem like she kick started a wild set of events.

I have not had the blessing to meet with Aurora yet. Instead I have been revisiting my forefathers in the afterlife as we await out ascension.

Question #177 wrote: To Rotor: Now that life seems to have settled down for you a bit, your duties as council member aside, have you thought about finding yourself a girlfriend?

I - well - that is to say - um - aheh! - wow - um . . . no? I don't know if anyone would be interested, really . . .

Stop twiddling your thumbs and straighten up, man! You're a war hero! A sweet-hearted genius and in a position of political power. You're prime real estate!

Igoshyoudon'tthinknoIcouldn't - really?

Get out there, lady-killer!

Question #178 wrote:To Miles: You told Tails how he has denied his magical heritage but so far we haven't seen anything from you on that end. Will we see you prove your abilities in the future?

Only a fool plays his hand so early. How do you think we boosted the doctor's Globe Posts to reach across to the Mobian Star Posts? Do you think I've been merely playing the tag-along kid all this time? Let that sniveling pup prance around in his gaudy machines. When the time comes, I will show him the true elegance of a master magician.

Question #179 wrote:To Bean: I heard Ian was going to adopt you and let you live with him. Is that true?

Old news, Susan! I've got my own cage and everything! I used to have a big wheel to run on too but I kept getting stuck . . . accidentally-with-furtive-eye-movements-to-subtly-indicate-I'm-lying-so-it's-a-good-thing-I'm-not-saying-this-out-loud . . . and Ian took it away, afraid it would break my leg. I get all the free kibble I want and mountains of newspaper to chew! Bark says there's a "wide open door" that I could get out of, but I haven't seen it yet. It might be around that lovely window with the hinged screen!
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Osiris » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:23 pm

Соник: У тебя есть палец ногти?

Амий: Хочеш чашечку чаю?
Osiris
BumbleNewbie

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius