Ask Ian XXVIII - Tis the Season to Give Answers

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Ask Ian XXVIII - Tis the Season to Give Answers

Postby Ian Flynn » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:07 am

The Rules wrote:"Ask Ian" Rules

(1) I'll Post Answers Once a Week(ish)

I'll be taking questions from Sunday to Saturday each week. Saturday 11:59PM is the cut-off for new questions, and new answers will be posted the following Sunday. That's how it use to be, at least. I'll try to follow that format, but if answers are late-in-coming, just assume I'm buried under work. Answers will come.

(2) Three Questions Each

You get three questions per week. You don't have to ask three, and it doesn't have to be all at once. And none of that tricky "sub-question" stuff that's popped up. If you put some kind of variant on there, I'll count it as another question to be fair to everyone else. Play fair!

(3) Why Not Everything is Answered

I'll be picking the questions I think will benefit everyone reading, so don't be heart broken if I skip over yours. I'm not playing favorites. Also, there's some questions I simply can't answer for behind-the-scenes reasons. In rare occasions, I can't even say that I can't answer! If your question doesn't get answered, it's best to save it for later or move on to something else.

(4) Let Me Do the Answering

I want this feature to be all about official information, and there's a very select few folks here who count as official. Unless you have a link to a forum post of mine or the exact issue and page numbers, your answer isn't going to be "accurate." So save yourself the hassle and let me handle it.

(5) Where'd My Post Go?

As I said, I want this to be info-rich. There's a whole forum for discussion. So if I feel like your post is distracting from the thread's purpose, it's gone. So keep things neat and tidy for everyone else, okay?

Forgot to start the silly thing last night.
Last edited by Ian Flynn on Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby FairFieldFinder » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:44 am

More from Kagimizu:

#1: Is Dimitri's fate sealed, or is there a possibility that he might be saved?
#2; If you absolutely had to, as in you didn't have a choice whether or not to, choose someone to pair Sonic up with, and could choose absolutely ''any'' female from the series (and I mean ''any''), who would it be?
#3: I'm sure you hear this one alot, but is Finetevus related to Rutan at all?
FairFieldFinder
BumbleClan

Postby Milox » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:47 pm

Oh goodie, i thought this was a one month thing. That makes my last question less fitting though :P

1.) The extent of the Iron Queens powers...what exactly is she capable of controlling, in terms of distance and how many machines she can control?
Milox
BumbleClan

Postby Mr Saxon » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:51 pm

1. What is your personal opinion of issue #60, the first appearance of the Iron King and Queen?

2. You mentioned your favourite past issue as being #56. What is your least favourite issue from the comics past?

3. Will we ever see the Freedom Fighter Special again, or has it been retired in place of the Tornado?
Mr Saxon
BumbleKnight

Postby kryptyk » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:32 pm

Yo, Ian! Sorry to hear you're feeling crappy dude... hope you get better soon. As for your computer issues, maybe you've thought of this already, but perhaps saving any answers you write during the week on a flash drive might be to your advantage? Anyhow...

1. Looking at how hard it is for people to tolerate each other in the real world, how well have the humans of the United Federation integrated with their Overlander cousins considering the genetic(among other) differences between them?

2. Since Overlanders have a reputation for being more intolerant towards Mobians, have any of their prejudices affected attitudes within the populace of the United Federation in any way?

3. After reading SU #5, I'm very curious if you can answer this: was Dr. Eggman's defeat in StH #200 the official end to the Second Robotnik War?
kryptyk
BumbleNoble

Postby Peircefer » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:56 pm

1. What do you think is the hardest part about being a writer?

2. How long have you been waiting to torture us with the last few pages of #207?
Peircefer
BumbleClan

Postby Amir » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:24 pm

1. Taking into account the Sci-fi aspect that the comic has taken on (Future earth, Mobo-Sapiens, ect.),Are Sonic and the Mobians more kin to being a animal based race like M'ress from the Star Trek cartoon than just talking animals?

2. Since the comic is licensed by SEGA and everything that shows up in it has to be approved by them, isn't the comic just as officially Sonic as any of the video games? (A SEGAsonic fan on another forum long ago argued no, it's not and actually talked down to me cause I like the comic :? )
Amir
BumbleKnight

Postby Duuz Diz Din » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:54 pm

1. What was it that you liked about Universalamander?

2. Ever pitched a story that you thought would get turned down yet it was approved?
Duuz Diz Din
BumbleNoble

Postby Sockie » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:01 pm

1. Silver was using a Super Warp Ring in Hedgehog Havoc, yet when next we saw him during Mobius: 30 Years Later, he was using a Time Stone. Will we get an explanation as to why he apparently switched between the two?

2. In StH #194, it was shown that Eggman had a Sub-Boss in Station Square. Does this mean that the city is under his control, or that he has a Sub-Boss just trying to take control of it?
Sockie
BumbleNoble

Postby Peircefer » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:01 pm

3. Did you really mean 'when' when you mentioned the Nocturus last week, or did you mean 'if'?
Peircefer
BumbleClan

Postby Zulon Eredas » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:36 pm

Is the X-Tornado SX-exclusive or is there a chance of seeing it in the future.
Zulon Eredas
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:53 am

1) You mentioned before your appreciation for "Turtles Forever," and thinking about the layout of that multiverse compared to the way Sonic's is got me to wondering...

Supposing that it had not already been established that the main Archie Sonic universe is "Mobius Prime," would you have wanted/been interested in setting up the games as the "Prime" Sonic world?

2) Do you think there is anything which describes the "essence" of Sonic? Not just the character or the book or the games, but Sonic in its entirety?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
Last edited by LBD_Nytetrayn on Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Vampfox » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:34 am

1. Why do you think that some fans want Julian to come back, when he's pretty much the same person as the Robotnik that we have now?
2. Does Lara-Su's power surpass her fathers?
Vampfox
BumbleCult

Postby ArchangelUK » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:58 am

Would you, or any of the team be interested in coming over to the UK next year for Summer of Sonic 2010?

Thought I might as well ask now. :)
ArchangelUK
BumbleNewbie

Postby Big Al Son » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:39 am

1. You mentioned that the SegaSonic cast are more recognized by fans then the Archie cast, a reason why they are the main focus of the Sonic Universe series. Will there be more of a chance for Tails and Amy to have their own story-arcs in the future?

2. Planning on bring Shadow back next year, maybe against the Iron Dominion?

3. Will some of the villains have their own stories in Sonic Universe?
Big Al Son
BumbleKnight

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius