Sonic Universe #4 Preview/Spoilers/Discussion

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby FairFieldFinder » Thu May 28, 2009 12:30 pm

What I think would be good if Ian just stated that when an error appears, we aren't seeing that exact universe. We're seeing one with a change made in it that is actually a mistake in the zone we're looking at, and that everything you just saw happened in the universe the comic is based in, but without the error. People will spend so much time trying to figure that out thye won't bother with the mistakes anymore to avoid getting a headache.
FairFieldFinder
BumbleClan

Postby Penguin God » Thu May 28, 2009 1:15 pm

No no no no no, let us not go the early DC route.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby hog of the future » Thu May 28, 2009 1:42 pm

Is that supposed to mean that the mistake only happened to us and it was perfectly normal in the universe?
hog of the future
BumbleKnight

Location: "The greatest city in the greatest country in the world" -Bill Smith

Postby FairFieldFinder » Thu May 28, 2009 2:14 pm

hog of the future wrote:Is that supposed to mean that the mistake only happened to us and it was perfectly normal in the universe?

Well, let's take SU: #4 for example. In the Mistake Zone, (unimaginitive, I know), the colour of the emerald would be green, like the one G.U.N. already has. But in the Correct Zone, the colour of the emerald would be that of an emerald still left in the Special Zone and not the green or grey ones.
FairFieldFinder
BumbleClan

Postby theJcfreak » Thu May 28, 2009 2:21 pm

We could say the Emeralds change colors. They do in the Sega Zone anyway.

Fairfieldfencer wrote:What I think would be good if Ian just stated that when an error appears, we aren't seeing that exact universe. We're seeing one with a change made in it that is actually a mistake in the zone we're looking at, and that everything you just saw happened in the universe the comic is based in, but without the error. People will spend so much time trying to figure that out they won't bother with the mistakes anymore to avoid getting a headache.

This is what I always do. The comic just splits into many, many alternate false universes. That's how I would write off any 'errors' that appear. Wrong color Emerald? FALSE UNIVERSE! Wrong color echidna? FALSE UNIVERSE! Wrong number of fingers? FALSE UNIVERSE! Any plothole whatsoever? FALSE UNIVERSE! If the comic doesn't go your way just chalk it up to a false universe and write a fanfic about the Primeverse. See, it's easy!

Not that I do that. But there are those die-hards out there that need that way EXACTLY that way. If they don't like an issue they rant and rant and send threats and unsubscribe and blah-blah-blah. And I've gotten really off topic...

SONIC UNIVERSE ROCKS!
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby Illustrious Q » Thu May 28, 2009 2:55 pm

Ian's right, trying to explain the chaos emerald miscolor in book is just going to cause problems. Better just to call it what it is and ignore it.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby Kaosu Reido » Thu May 28, 2009 3:15 pm

"I thought you stole the green emerald, Rouge."

"Nope."

"I-I clearly saw-"

"SENSORS ALSO INDICATED EMERALD WAS GREEN-HUED."

"Honey, I'm just that good."
Kaosu Reido
BumbleNoble

Postby FairFieldFinder » Thu May 28, 2009 3:19 pm

I think I'll do a review of this one when I get the issue. After reading this thread, I can guarantee it'll involve a very large panda, and a lot of talking in third person.

YOU SHALL MAKE FEIST SEEM GREAT, FOR HE IS GREAT, OH PATHETIC FAN-FIC WRITER. POWERFUL, BOLD, GENIUS-

Oh, go suck on a stick of bamboo before I get Omega to get the high powered raccoon cannon out again. "Pathetic fan-fic writer" indeed. Why I oughta...

Confirmed and Possible Characters to Appear in Review

*Shadow the Hedgehog
*Rouge the Bat
*E-123 Omega
*Feist
*Dr. Eggman
Last edited by FairFieldFinder on Thu May 28, 2009 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FairFieldFinder
BumbleClan

Postby Dub » Thu May 28, 2009 3:22 pm

The Illustrious Q wrote:Ian's right, trying to explain the chaos emerald miscolor in book is just going to cause problems. Better just to call it what it is and ignore it.

Ditto.
Dub
BumbleCreative

Postby shinginta » Thu May 28, 2009 3:31 pm

I'd kinda hate to say it, but I really definitely prefer Butler's Hope to Yardley's. She just looks more like a pretty little girl than the somewhat wonky way that Yardley draws her. Also prefer his Omega and Commander Tower, actually. But definitely not his Feist, and not any of the mobians. For them, I prefer Yardley.
shinginta
BumbleNoble

Location: Aperture Science Enrichment Center Non-Discriminatory AI Disposal Ditch

Postby bsonic10 » Thu May 28, 2009 7:35 pm

Dub wrote:
The Illustrious Q wrote:Ian's right, trying to explain the chaos emerald miscolor in book is just going to cause problems. Better just to call it what it is and ignore it.

Ditto.

Double Dittoed.

It would probably just be easier to recolor it in its next appearance and ignore the mis-color in this issue.

Oh, and I didn't get a chance to go to the comic shop today. I'm still avoiding most posts and spoilers again. :(
bsonic10
BumbleClan

Postby Orion101 » Thu May 28, 2009 9:37 pm

Dimitri the Echidna wrote:
Nice things was that Hope is reaffirmed to be Snively's step-sister, not half sister. We also get an indicator that Soleanna is in "South America" like Station Square since you can see it from the top of a mountain on the clear day, so it has to be close by. They never mention Station Square but they call it "the capital" so logically that's where they're located.

Overall, 8.5/10 from me. :)

Just wanted to correct you but the Capital of the United Federation is not Station Square and has never been stated as such in the comics. Also they don't call it "the capital" they refer to the city by its name "Capital City". Which I should point out is clearly not Station Square, that city is inside a volcanoe while Capital City is outside in the open within the area underneath Guardian Mountain.

Otherwise I agree with you about everything else stated especially the part with Hope and Shadow, that one scene in my opinion makes their association more endearing and meaningful all of their past interactions in the comic ut together. I really love how even though Ian adresses Hope's connection to Maria he doesn't make that the excusive basis for their relationship. Character interaction of that degree makes for better storytelling. I also enjoyed how Omega was speaking in a more robotic style of speech while still retaining elements of his personality.
Orion101
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Thu May 28, 2009 9:39 pm

If you have to have an in-canon explanation, Feist made it good green to mess with their heads. Once back in the Prime Zone, it eventually turned to it's natural color - red.

Let's move it along, folks.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby phoenixdaughterAM » Thu May 28, 2009 9:44 pm

Of course. The jerk has to be jerky! Mmm...jerky.

FEIST DOES NOT LIKE THIS COMMENT. I SHALL NOW SUJECT YOU TO TORTURE!

Bring it on jer...*starts playing Barbra Ann* NOOOOOOO!
phoenixdaughterAM
BumbleNoble

Postby shinginta » Thu May 28, 2009 10:05 pm

IanPotto wrote:If you have to have an in-canon explanation, Feist made it good green to mess with their heads. Once back in the Prime Zone, it eventually turned to it's natural color - red.

Let's move it along, folks.
Red?
Hm.
shinginta
BumbleNoble

Location: Aperture Science Enrichment Center Non-Discriminatory AI Disposal Ditch

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius