Keiji Inafune presents Mighty Number 9

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Keiji Inafune presents Mighty Number 9

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:40 pm

Well, how did the Double Fine game do financially?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby EvilEddie » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:54 pm

Well Shovel Knight ended up doing well and that was Kickstarted.
EvilEddie
BumbleFan

Postby DudestofGuys » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:07 pm

Penguin God wrote:I wonder how well it could possibly do: nearly anybody who wanted the game already backed it in the beginning. That's been something I've been curious about for Kickstarter projects. Usually a game or product funds its next venture with the profits of selling their completed project, but with a crowd-funded project all those sales already have been put into the original work.

Undertale ended up selling at least 100,000 copies to non-backers. The idea is the extreme core and risk takers fund the game while regular consumers hear positive buzz and buy it.
DudestofGuys
BumbleFan

Postby lalalei2001 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:51 pm

This game releases on February 9, two days after the forum closes. I guess we won't be able to discuss it here once it's finally out XD;
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:11 pm

lalalei2001 wrote:This game releases on February 9, two days after the forum closes. I guess we won't be able to discuss it here once it's finally out XD;

how fortunate for comcept. :(hearty laughter):
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Mordum » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:33 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:
lalalei2001 wrote:This game releases on February 9, two days after the forum closes. I guess we won't be able to discuss it here once it's finally out XD;

how fortunate for comcept. :(hearty laughter):

It's a shame too, considering how the Megaman subforum of Bumbleking was going to really slam down their efforts.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby DoNotDelete » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:25 am

I'm still going to invest in Mighty No. 9.

I'm not expecting it to be some huge ground-breaking supergame though - I'll take it for what it's worth.
DoNotDelete
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:01 am

DoNotDelete wrote:I'm still going to invest in Mighty No. 9.

I'm not expecting it to be some huge ground-breaking supergame though - I'll take it for what it's worth.

I wish I could have done what you are doing.

Instead I sunk nearly 200 bucks on a hope and a prayer
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Dejimon11 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:16 am

And the game is delayed again http://www.mightyno9.com/en/20150125
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble

Postby The KKM » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:35 pm

any anger I had is gone, I hope this just gets continually delayed

Mighty No. NEVER EVER
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby Gonzo » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:07 pm

Seriously, what's up with all these delays? Publisher issues or something? (EDIT: online troubles, apparently)

(Note that I'm NOT automatically blaming Inafune for said delays, because realistically, I doubt that every little hitch in development is his fault.)
Gonzo
BumbleKnight

Postby Bean » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:20 pm

There's definitely some truth in that, and I totally agree with anyone that says Inafune bit off more than he could chew with this project. Let's go over the issues of actual development right now...

-$4m sounds like a lot of money, yet games generally aren't thrown on ten different platforms at once like this. The 3DS and Vita versions have at least one different development team, too, and people working on these things do like to get paid.

-The team definitely seems unfamiliar with the engine. I know Inti Creates can deliver good games because I've seen them do it time and time out with MM9/10, the Zero and ZX series, and Azure Striker Gunvolt. It's nice to want to keep things on the cheap and all to reduce development costs, but if problems arise, and they apparently have, you just spend more money and time on fixing things that you wouldn't have had to otherwise.

-Too many modes. This is definitely the big issue right now. Powered Up and MM10 have challenge modes, but that online thing is something that I don't think Capcom has ever done with Mega Man. Universe got canned, and MN9's development may be showing why.

-Inafune has a very poor track record since leaving Capcom. Say what you will about the Mega Man franchise (Hey, the comic's pretty much done since it couldn't sell enough just like the games), but it's not like the company hasn't been churning out other titles in this time frame that do. Inafune's only real success story is Soul Sacrifice. Everything else has either been trash or canned outright to this point.

I think those are enough bullet points. #1 and #3 are the sticking points for me right now though. Too much bloat and not enough budget to figure that out. Now this makes me wonder how much stuff like MM9 and MM10 did cost because those were HD games, weren't they? Pixel art ain't cheap to do since you can't just "raise the resolution" of the old NES sprites and call it a day.

Edit: Oh wait. I forgot the other obvious one. Communication. Way too many periods of silence only to have a "Here's a delay" for you. That just won't fly.
Last edited by Bean on Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bean
BumbleCitizen

Postby Crimson Knight » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:22 pm

Oh well. I waited for Wii U Freedom Planet, I guess I can continue waiting for this... :|
Crimson Knight
BumbleNoble

Postby Damo » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:06 pm

The game was basically done and ready for Christmas when they found bugs in the online multiplayer that made them delay until February. And this delay is due to... the same bugs, apparently.

As much as I love Inti, they lack experience with online multiplayer games and they guessed wrong when they estimated how long it would take to fix things. Frustrating.
Damo
BumbleKnight

Postby 009* » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:11 am

Wasn't there a demo or something that was supposed to be out by now?
009*
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!