The Reprint Thread of DELAYED AGAIN and CANCELLED

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: The Reprint Thread of DELAYED AGAIN and CANCELLED

Postby OncleSam » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:33 pm

Well personally I just hope I won't have to wait until 2020 to get the HardCover of Worlds Unite :( Give me my Delphinus :(
OncleSam
BumbleKnight

Postby squeakyboots13 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:52 pm

Hey. So my copy of Worlds Collide Complete Epic has a really weird printing error.

After page 80, the book jumps back to page 65 and repeats the ending of part 2/the first half of part 3 until it gets back to page 80 again and resumes the story from there. It doesn't look like any pages are missing, just those pages repeating themselves. Did this occur in anyone else's copy? I have the version with the white cover if that makes any difference.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby TheFatPanda » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:15 pm

squeakyboots13 wrote:Hey. So my copy of Worlds Collide Complete Epic has a really weird printing error.

After page 80, the book jumps back to page 65 and repeats the ending of part 2/the first half of part 3 until it gets back to page 80 again and resumes the story from there. It doesn't look like any pages are missing, just those pages repeating themselves. Did this occur in anyone else's copy? I have the version with the white cover if that makes any difference.

Mine doesn't (just checked). Do you mean it literally jumps back to 65 rather than moving onto 81?

Can we see a photo?

I'm curious as to how nothing seems to be missing in your copy despite the error, like, you'd think the book was just cut off towards the end of that we're the case.

Wait, what do you mean "white cover"?
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby squeakyboots13 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:11 pm

White cover as opposed to the blue cover. This particular trade release has a variant cover.

After page 80, it goes back to 65 and then repeats those 16 pages again. I've flipped through the entire book and didn't notice anything missing. The final page is an ad for the first Worlds Unite trade so I don't think anything was cut off.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby TheFatPanda » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:23 pm

But I thought the main cover was red?
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby squeakyboots13 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:26 pm

Well, red and white but I'd say it's more white than red.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby SwingofThings » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:40 am

Oh, I hope when I get mine it won't have the same. Seems it's better check the book before leaving from the shop if it's possible. :? Sadly it's some luxury that people who buy from Amazon and such do not usually have.
But maybe you can treat that book as a "one of a kind" rarity, that is if it isn't a common case. :) Sorry if this sounds funny, it's just me trying to show my sympathy. :oops:
SwingofThings
BumbleNewbie

Postby squeakyboots13 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:10 am

Yeah. Unfortunately, I had ordered my copy online. I would like to know if other people have seen this error before attempting to get a replacement but I have not heard anything yet.

Still deciding on whether or not I should tweet Archie about this.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby SwingofThings » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:55 am

After a quick look I found out some kind of structure in their replies considering these kinds of tweets. If you do tweet, they either courage you to contact their customer service or tell you they will pass the message to them, it seems. Latter option seems to depend on whether you tell to the account person(s) support is not answering or not I presume. After that it's a mystery to me what will happen next, when support presumably gets the message.
I'm getting my graphic novel long after the forum's closed if the shop takes its time as slowly as usual, so I can't really help on that problem, not at least for now.
SwingofThings
BumbleNewbie

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius