The Reprint Thread of DELAYED AGAIN and CANCELLED

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: The Reprint Thread of DELAYED AGAIN and CANCELLED

Postby stm858 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:28 am

That's a bit funny because I on the other hand am heavily conflicted about the new cover art. Although its nice to get new art representing the era of the reprints, I'll always associate story arcs more with the covers they were printed with. (Also I just want these issues reprinted in their original size)

I realise that's probably due to myself preferring to collect material in the graphic novel format as opposed to the individual issues which is where you probably lie. Nothing wrong with that of course, it's just all down to personal taste.
stm858
BumbleNewbie

Postby SwingofThings » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:59 pm

My opinion is that if the covers tell you what you´re buying in a way that doesn´t make you nervous buying them they´re at least fine. I myself had funny ideas what would happen if some random person would have seen me buying Saga Series 3 graphic novel especially because the shop I bought it from tends to have staff showing (pretty clearly and loudly) what you´re going to buy from them if it´s something you´ll get only by ordering. This doesn´t mean I don´t like the cover in question. I find it nice but maybe a little awkward for someone bystander who´s not into these kind of things.

I do hope all those series of graphic novels would keep coming. By the way, does anybody have idea how likely reprints of graphic novels are? I mean like if edition of some graphic novel is sold out how likely Archie will product a new one? Any idea?
SwingofThings
BumbleNewbie

Postby Meliden » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:00 pm

It's unlikely, but it's not like it's never happened; I believe Sonic Archives 1 and 2 got reissues after a couple of years.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby SwingofThings » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:12 pm

Thanks for the fast answer, I do appreciate it :D . I had the nerve to ask because I´m pretty certain it wouldn´t be impossible since I think I do have one graphic novel as a newer edition, since I´m pretty sure Sonic Universe 2 graphic novel didn´t come out first in 2015 (That is, or I am mistaken again).
SwingofThings
BumbleNewbie

Postby squeakyboots13 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:15 am

The first few Archive volumes seem to be in the process of being reissued. Newer printings of them have their spines updated to match the style of newer volumes. (Having an image of Sonic on them.)

It's probably a case by case basis depending on the book. I wouldn't expect Archie to bother making new editions of Knuckles Archives or the Encyclopedia for instance.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby SwingofThings » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:11 pm

Well, that sounds reasonable. Figures they would make new editions from the more profitable end. After all "Knuckles the Echidna" has been gone for ages and its graphic novel series is cancelled.
SwingofThings
BumbleNewbie

Postby stm858 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:32 pm

I can almost taste it...
stm858
BumbleNewbie

Postby SwingofThings » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:15 pm

The Complete Epic seems to be a bit thick, I wonder how well it will stay in one piece, due to how the pages are presumably put together as a whole novel like in the other novels. Nice that something´s coming out tough. It has taken it´s time alright.
SwingofThings
BumbleNewbie

Postby OncleSam » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:36 am

Okaaaaaay so I received a mail with new dates for Sonic Archives 25 & 26 that got delayed as expected .... I'm not sure I want to put them since it's so ridiculous. they should just cancel it and be done with it ...

Spoiler: show
Sonic Scribes "Sonic the Hedgehog Archives 25"
Estimated arrival date: August 19, 2016 - September 09, 2016

Sonic Scribes "Sonic the Hedgehog Archives 26 (Sonic Archives)"
Estimated arrival date: August 18, 2017 - September 07, 2017

**sigh**
OncleSam
BumbleKnight

Postby RaceProUK » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:02 pm

Seriously?

...I'd express my full opinion on the matter, but as rules is rules, you'll just have to make do with this:
Amy (Facepalm).png
RaceProUK
BumbleFan

Postby SwingofThings » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:02 pm

Oh, how nice. Let´s hope they´re just making sure they´ll be on schedule this time. Or maybe it would be really, really early April fools... not likely. The latter one at least.
SwingofThings
BumbleNewbie

Postby Meliden » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:37 pm

Got a hard copy of the Worlds Collide collection. For some reason, mine got the variant instead of regular. I prefer the regular. :<

-There's some weird cropping on the Mega Man runthrough page, but I wonder if that was in the original recap.
-As Panda has said, the Mega Man prologue is just the FCBD prelude, the Sonic one is the last two pages of SU#50 then three photoshop pages. And it's not for post-reboot alignment because the recap still talks about pre-reboot events, designs and dynamics between characters.
-Everything in the actual story seems as it should be. No cuts or anything.
-The epilogues are the first two pages of the following issues in their respective series.
-All the covers are present in one way or another.
-There are script and pencil selections for pages 26-29.
-There are pencil breakdown and finished pencil selections of pages 269-272.
-There are pencil selections of pages 184 and 185.
-Most of the rest of the art are title concepts and final pencils, with words from Spaziente (one cover was originally going to be a Mega Man Soccer homages).
-The character concepts are finished pencil sketches of Silver Man, Blaze Woman and Charmy Man, a line sketch of Shadow Man (Sonic's Shadow), and there's one of the initial Chaos Devil design which is pretty cool to look at.
-At the back, the checklist is interesting. Dunno if it's a by-product of being delayed so much, but it still lists Sonic Saga #9, Sonic Universe volumes 9-11, Sonic Boom volume 1 and Worlds Unite volume 1. Nothing about the Archives whatsoever, but would they even be included in these sections when there's so many?
-The paper isn't glossy, but it's not Digest-quality either. It's like a matte-gloss thing.
-Oh yeah, and the pencil sketch for Mega Man #25 seems to be missing Espio entirely. Good thing they remembered to put him in later.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby OncleSam » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:12 pm

Aaah that's some good info ! Good thing my copy got shipped today ! :)
OncleSam
BumbleKnight

Postby PC the Hedgehog » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:00 pm

Still waiting for mine to ship. *sigh*

Feels like it's been forever since I've gotten ANYTHING Archie-related in the mail...
PC the Hedgehog
BumbleNoble

Postby SwingofThings » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:01 pm

I seriously hope that this isn´t considered as ranting or anything, it´s just a quick notion that came to me one day when I was waiting for a bus.
It seems to me that Archie has adopted “winter-like public transport timetable” for Sonic Graphic novels: they seldom come in time and usually are “little bit” late. When it finally comes, the next one is/should be right on its tail. Kind of sad, especially when it snows.
Let´s still hope that the springtime is early this year! :D
SwingofThings
BumbleNewbie

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius