Sonic #284, SU #87 and other covers and solicits.

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Sonic #284, SU #87 and other covers and solicits.

Postby The Shadow Imperator » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:20 pm

The King of Shadows wrote:I remember when SU first started we were promised a lot of Knuckles arcs and that had people excited. That didn't happen and that was back when there was an interesting lore to explore. Now that it's gone, it's like people don't care about seeing so much Knuckles.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Or keyboard. Whatever.
The Shadow Imperator
BumbleFan

Postby QuantamEdge » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:34 pm

The Shadow Imperator wrote:
The King of Shadows wrote:I remember when SU first started we were promised a lot of Knuckles arcs and that had people excited. That didn't happen and that was back when there was an interesting lore to explore. Now that it's gone, it's like people don't care about seeing so much Knuckles.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Or keyboard. Whatever.

I guess it reveals fans were just more into the lore than the character who's involved with the lore. Because most stories about Knux back then simply used him as a means of exploring the echidna culture some more.
QuantamEdge
BumbleKnight

Postby Mobotropolis » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:23 pm

Yeah. I sort-of remember a Knuckles arch once a year being a idea floating around when Sonic Universe first started.

Of course, this makes me think that the last arch for 2016 will inevitably be Shadow/Team Dark. :P

I guess it reveals fans were just more into the lore than the character who's involved with the lore.

I'll be the first to admit that is totally me.

Having a rich lore makes it easier to create characters to fit into that universe, I think.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby Unknownshadow675 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:36 pm

Mobotropolis wrote:Yeah. I sort-of remember a Knuckles arch once a year being a idea floating around when Sonic Universe first started.

Of course, this makes me think that the last arch for 2016 will inevitably be Shadow/Team Dark.

I'd love it if it were true. Especially since I love a good Shadow Arc. Except Shadow Fall. And Sonic Heroes and Shadow the game. And that Shadow flash game.
Unknownshadow675
BumbleFan

Postby Tylinos » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:45 pm

So, uh... Maybe it's just this particular drawing, but that purple guy in the lower right of the main 284 cover looks really badly proportioned to me.
Tylinos
BumbleKnight

Postby Meliden » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:03 pm

The final instalment of the Shard hunt thing feels fresh outta nowhere. Like, we've had a tiny bit of Champions show it like a cameo, and then maybe the upcoming Knuckles and Mighty story will have some, but where's the rest of it?
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Mordum » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:05 pm

QuantamEdge wrote:I guess it reveals fans were just more into the lore than the character who's involved with the lore.

Man, I don't wanna be mean (for once), but are these people just easily impressed? It's not exactly the most original or particularly unique mythology.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby PC the Hedgehog » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:22 pm

So pumped to see another 4-parter with Diana Skelly. Can you imagine how delightful the Battlebird Armada will look under her pen? And while I've enjoyed the Shattered World saga, I'm ready to move onto something new.

Been a while since we've had another artist besides Tracy draw a Sonic Universe arc. And while I'm kinda tiring of Knuckles stories, I'm sure he and Amy will make for a fun team.
PC the Hedgehog
BumbleNoble

Postby Uwaaii » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:37 pm

*shudders* Can't believe Archie decided to use fandom/meme materials. But then they always did. I'm not that excited for the SU. I dunno, it feels early to start another Knuckles one.

Tylinos wrote:So, uh... Maybe it's just this particular drawing, but that purple guy in the lower right of the main 284 cover looks really badly proportioned to me.

I think its just the drawing. What animal is he supposed to be??
Uwaaii
BumbleFan

Postby lalalei2001 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:08 pm

Looks like another Weasel to me. Or a wolf.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:22 pm

lalalei2001 wrote:Looks like another Weasel to me. Or a wolf.

it's Focke-Wulf from the Tails' Skypatrol game. he was previously shown in last month's solicits on the variant cover for SU 86

incidentally, a cover that features Focke-Wulf, Gemerl, Battle Kukku XV, and King Acorn all in one place seems like the story's gonna be a packed house
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby Spin » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:17 pm

Well nothing exciting is really being done with Knuckles right now. And not many people are going to be cheering for a Master Emerald shards fetch quest, considering that's already been the basis of the Adventure and Battle games. But I suppose it beats him just palling around with Sonic just because or standing around in the background pointlessly.

Though I rather Knuckles takes the baby steps necessary to build his own niche if that stops him from becoming as hamfisted as Shadow was in the beginning of the reboot. The saving grace of the arc will probably come down to the potential the Knuckles/Amy dynamic has, as it should be interesting to see them interacting together. Everything else is still unknown, so we'll just have to wait and see.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby Penguin God » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:09 pm

Do I see Diana Skelley's drawing the Unleashed finale? That is just excellent. And it's not a ten pager! I could not be happier. This whole month's comics are wonderful.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Sparky » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:50 pm

Spin wrote:Well nothing exciting is really being done with Knuckles right now. And not many people are going to be cheering for a Master Emerald shards fetch quest, considering that's already been the basis of the Adventure and Battle games. But I suppose it beats him just palling around with Sonic just because or standing around in the background pointlessly.

Though I rather Knuckles takes the baby steps necessary to build his own niche if that stops him from becoming as hamfisted as Shadow was in the beginning of the reboot. The saving grace of the arc will probably come down to the potential the Knuckles/Amy dynamic has, as it should be interesting to see them interacting together. Everything else is still unknown, so we'll just have to wait and see.

There are a lot of people that have been waiting for this Knuckles&Amy arc.
Sparky
BumbleNoble

Postby Mobotropolis » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:56 am

I'm fine with another Knuckles arc. Just wish we had more of a plot in the solicit to go off of.

Cover and solicit so generic. :(hearty laughter):
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius