So where are the Human Freedom Fighters/Egg Legionnaires

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

So where are the Human Freedom Fighters/Egg Legionnaires

Postby Excelhedge » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:52 pm

Just find it kinda weird we haven't seen Human FF or Egg Army members in the reboot.
Excelhedge
BumbleKnight

Re: So where are the Human Freedom Fighters/Egg Legionnaires

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:59 pm

To be fair there weren't too many Pre-Reboot either.

I'd like to see some though.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby OncleSam » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:27 pm

Well I think there was that G.U.N. guy that got brainwashed by Eggman ... What was his name ? He look pretty cool.
OncleSam
BumbleKnight

Postby akessel92 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:37 pm

OncleSam wrote:Well I think there was that G.U.N. guy that got brainwashed by Eggman ... What was his name ? He look pretty cool.

Hugo brass
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby RaceProUK » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:50 pm

OncleSam wrote:Well I think there was that G.U.N. guy that got brainwashed by Eggman ... What was his name ? He look pretty cool.

I thought it was Regina Ferrum that brainwashed him?

Ignore me, I'm being silly :oops:
RaceProUK
BumbleFan

Postby FeroMcPigletron » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:46 pm

Julian Snively isn't related to Eggman anymore, right? Perhaps Flynn made him into a super secret Egg Boss under deep deep cover and we just don't know it yet?
FeroMcPigletron
BumbleFan

Postby Penguin God » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:15 pm

The "human Freedom Fighters" is GUN. We don't need more Freedom Fighter teams, so I'm fine with just GUN.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Mobotropolis » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:33 pm

Yep. GUN represents the human's resistance to Eggman.

... though it would be nice to get some named human agents on the field.

Spoiler: show
I'm pretty sure #12 is Snively.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby ReifuTD » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:08 pm

This does seem odd, I've noticed there been lot more humans in the comic. Maybe Mobain settlements the easiest to take over so Eggman focused on them or Mobain could just be stronger then humans, Many appear to have at least some kind of special ability almost all if you count things like claws and extra strength and agility. A lot of animals can also recover from injuries faster then humans, cats for example have a notorious healing factor. So, Mobains might not be as concerned about hurting them selves and be more willing to fight then humans would.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:07 am

It's "other logic" reasoning: because we prefer to see mobians than humans in Sonic. There might be one for diversity, but that's it's

Heck, Team Dark are FF for humans (at least for ones who live under GUN). How sad is that?
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:48 am

Penguin God wrote:The "human Freedom Fighters" is GUN. We don't need more Freedom Fighter teams, so I'm fine with just GUN.

Why don't we need more Freedom Fighters? Why is it such a bad thing that a war for the Freedom of the planet has more than one team?
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Penguin God » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:24 pm

Because I hate Freedom Fighter team clones, and I vastly prefer the book's setting to have interesting supporting cast than more characters trying to shoehorn themselves into hero roles. On why there's no human Freedom Fighter team while there's a bunch of Mobians, Mobians are characters easier to make into "Freedom Fighters" or "Egg Bosses" because when you're a snake or a water buffalo or a mole, the audience can assume you have special abilities and it's a lot easier to make a colorful memorable design. It's not really "other", we're human beings reading this comic, it's just a matter of convenience.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:44 pm

I agree with Penguin God. "Hate" is a strong word, but I definitely don't need more teams around Mobius. One, I find it annoying how everyone calls themself Freddom Fighters. Two they rarely develop. Three they there can be different types of defense, like Meropis' Army or having single protector, like Khan. Not everybody needs to have FF.
The only team I really liked were Sand Blasters, but they don't need to call them self FF.

Similar problems with Eggbosses, buuuut I kinda understand why they exist. Sonic must fight Eggman, if he beats Eggman every week it will be a joke, so he will fight his lackies. I want more variety (all the cool villains are in Sonic Universe), but I understand their purpose. Plus, characters like Cassie/Clove, Nepth, Thunderbolt or Boregard can work only as Eggman's subordinates, not as free agents.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby RaceProUK » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:52 pm

MetalSkulkBane wrote:The only team I really liked were Sand Blasters, but they don't need to call them self FF.

No love for the Wolfpack?
RaceProUK
BumbleFan

Postby ReifuTD » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:05 pm

Penguin God wrote:Because I hate Freedom Fighter team clones, and I vastly prefer the book's setting to have interesting supporting cast than more characters trying to shoehorn themselves into hero roles. On why there's no human Freedom Fighter team while there's a bunch of Mobians, Mobians are characters easier to make into "Freedom Fighters" or "Egg Bosses" because when you're a snake or a water buffalo or a mole, the audience can assume you have special abilities and it's a lot easier to make a colorful memorable design. It's not really "other", we're human beings reading this comic, it's just a matter of convenience.

Actually thinking about it how many freedom fighting groups we have? Sonic and crew met people but I can think of one calling them self's freedom fighters. Wolf Pack I think is still kind of it's own nation or something like those people under the sea. Yeah the main Freedom Fighters are supported by Acorn but they seem to be their own thing independent from the kingdom. Breezie is kind of her own thing not on Eggman's side so she's kind of a resistance thing. Team Dark and Gun seems to just do their own thing that can be unEggman related.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius