Sonic's Taste in Human Women

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Sonic's Taste in Human Women

Postby Mordum » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:56 pm

The Swordsman wrote:Comic= Games.

Yes, I said that.

Also the absence of evidence doesn't prove anything.

That also doesn't mean you can assume something just because you want it to be right. My argument is based on actual context presented in the material. Everyone else's seems to boil down to "I personally don't like it."

This is basically the thread.

Argument 1: The Sonic universe as currently presented makes no real distinction between humans and human-animals, therefore Sonic's thing for human chicks must not be a big deal in that universe.
Argument 2: Yes it is.
Argument 1: Oh okay.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby ToaArcan » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:02 pm

The Swordsman wrote:Eggman has harnessed the power of Chaos with his machines and before Sonic met Chip we had a monopoly on Gaia knowledge.

Eggman made machines that tried to use their power. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, and Silver have all demonstrated the ability to harness it simply with their bodies. And that's just in the games.
ToaArcan
BumbleFan

Postby Azul » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:37 pm

The Swordsman wrote:
Azul wrote:
The Swordsman wrote:I'm with Azul and Ian on this, I find a relationship like this to be wrong. As for why I don't care when its two different mobians? I guess I treat mobians as their own species with the different animal types being its races.

That's the implication. Now conceal yourself so I can show you the super secret anti-human/anthro relations club members hand shake.

Will do. (Hides in the shadows)

Yes, child. Give in to your hatred. Now let's join a hate group on DeviantArt and make hate stamps. Of hatred.

Kellox wrote:Sorry have to disagree I do not understand this notion of no human/antro relationships all of a sudden, Why the heck is this suddenly taboo when in other child shows its played for laughs or serious? ( Garygloys anyone?.) The Japanese Sonic team doesn't seem to be against the notion, heck there were some odd Japanese only jokes between Topaz and Rouge in the Sonic X Anime, ( some jokes that made me even raise my eye brow)

First of all, it's called an opinion. Second, sex jokes are just sex jokes. If sex jokes implied romantic interest, then me and my bros have a lot of phone calls to make.

My only issue with this discussion is to please leave sex out of this? Sonic the Hedgehog is indeed a kid friendly franchise and a fictional world where that concept simply doesn't exist. You might argue'' but where do the babies come from'', but its a cartoon-animal universe people the characters dont even have body parts, That concept simply doesnt exist and therefore should not even apply to this discussion, Am I also the only one who finds it odd that whenever people talk about Elise/Sonic the first thing'a lot of fans comment is about '' But how do they do it?''
Cause people that should NOT be the first thing you should be thinking of in a video game that targets 8 year old boys and where the romance is downplayed for puppy love. Asside from the fact its sort of gross.

Its possible to ship human/sonic characters without GOING that way.

You're taking it a face value and that's no good. For the grand majority of relationships, sex is something that comes into play so we can't shy away from it just because it's 4Kids. Saying sex doesn't exist in a world of semi-realism because the cartoon characters don't have junk flapping around don't make no sense. I mean, look at Brain Griffin. He's chopped more trees than a lumber jack on speed if ya catch my drift. The rule stands that mammals reproduce by getting jazzy with it. And just cause it's not shown on screen, doesn't mean it ain't happening. So unless it's said that babies come from wishing or some stupid crap like that, it's safe to say the same goes for the mobians. It's just one of the series that doesn't directly address the topic. So it's only natural they'd bring up sex as a possibility when talking about relationships.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby Kellox » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:13 am

I hate to break it to you but Sonic's universe is not the same sort of universe as that of Family Guy, their rules does not apply in Sonic the Hedgehog :/

Its a kid friendly universe while yes sex is a important part of the relationship but the rules of reality are plain different in the Sonic verse when it comes to children-friendly worlds you have that, Also the way relationships are written or shown in Sonic is also not realistic as compared to how REAL relationships work. Its nothing but shipping fanservice or some cute puppy love.
Kellox
BumbleCitizen

Postby Azul » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:16 am

Kellox wrote:I hate to break it to you but Sonic's universe is not the same sort of universe as that of Family Guy, their rules does not apply in Sonic the Hedgehog :/

Its a kid friendly universe while yes sex is a important part of the relationship but the rules of reality are plain different in the Sonic verse when it comes to children-friendly worlds you have that, Also the way relationships are written or shown in Sonic is also not realistic as compared to how REAL relationships work. Its nothing but shipping fanservice or some cute puppy love.

That's not the point. The point is it doesn't matter whether cartoon characters have dangly parts or not. You're argument is literally "There's no sex in the world of Sonic because its a kid series," is based false clause because at no point in the history of history has being a cartoon animal ever stopped anyone from mating. We're not talking about whether they'd even mention intercourse. We're talking about the theoretical possibility of it happening at one point as with 99% of relationships. Using out-universe reasons like "it's only fanservice" is irrelevant because this is a discussion for what would happen in-universe based on the characters' personalities.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:17 am

The Swordsman wrote:
Mordum wrote:
The Swordsman wrote:I'm with Azul and Ian on this, I find a relationship like this to be wrong. As for why I don't care when its two different mobians? I guess I treat mobians as their own species with the different animal types being its races.

Humans are just a different kind of mobian.

Got any proof to go with that? Prereboot it was very clear that we were different species.

Actually Overlanders were considered to be "mobian humans" before reboot. That means that Eggman marrying Vanilla should be more okay for you then Eggman marrying a human from Stastion Square.

Azul wrote:
The Swordsman wrote:My only issue with this discussion is to please leave sex out of this? Sonic the Hedgehog is indeed a kid friendly franchise and a fictional world where that concept simply doesn't exist. You might argue'' but where do the babies come from'', but its a cartoon-animal universe people the characters dont even have body parts, That concept simply doesnt exist and therefore should not even apply to this discussion, Am I also the only one who finds it odd that whenever people talk about Elise/Sonic the first thing'a lot of fans comment is about '' But how do they do it?''
Cause people that should NOT be the first thing you should be thinking of in a video game that targets 8 year old boys and where the romance is downplayed for puppy love. Asside from the fact its sort of gross.

Its possible to ship human/sonic characters without GOING that way.

You're taking it a face value and that's no good. For the grand majority of relationships, sex is something that comes into play so we can't shy away from it just because it's 4Kids. Saying sex doesn't exist in a world of semi-realism because the cartoon characters don't have junk flapping around don't make no sense. I mean, look at Brain Griffin. He's chopped more trees than a lumber jack on speed if ya catch my drift. The rule stands that mammals reproduce by getting jazzy with it. And just cause it's not shown on screen, doesn't mean it ain't happening. So unless it's said that babies come from wishing or some stupid crap like that, it's safe to say the same goes for the mobians. It's just one of the series that doesn't directly address the topic. So it's only natural they'd bring up sex as a possibility when talking about relationships.

While I don't need to shy a way from the subject, I think it's perfectly possible to assume that in this fictional for younger audience, sex exists but isn't essential part of the experience.
Mobians have they own culture (like weird clothing rules), maybe they perfectly okay without "consuming" relation, especially with humans.

But I still stand by what I said before: I don't care about this part of relation.
To use a grows example
Spoiler: show
Idea of my grandparents having sex is very creepy to, but they full rights to do it.
As long as both sides are willing to do this, old enough, 100% conscious (not drugged or something) and aware of consequences, then every type of intercourse is acceptable.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Azul » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:38 am

MetalSkulkBane wrote:While I don't need to shy a way from the subject, I think it's perfectly possible to assume that in this fictional for younger audience, sex exists but isn't essential part of the experience.
Mobians have they own culture (like weird clothing rules), maybe they perfectly okay without "consuming" relation, especially with humans.

But I still stand by what I said before: I don't care about this part of relation.
To use a grows example
Spoiler: show
Idea of my grandparents having sex is very creepy to, but they full rights to do it.
As long as both sides are willing to do this, old enough, 100% conscious (not drugged or something) and aware of consequences, then every type of intercourse is acceptable.

PREVIOUSLY ON THIS THREAD Z wrote:We're talking about the theoretical possibility of it happening at one point as with 99% of relationships. Using out-universe reasons like "it's only fanservice" is irrelevant because this is a discussion for what would happen in-universe based on the characters' personalities.

I'm in serious disbelief that a sentient species that is essentially another version of humans but not really finds the use of sex unnessesary part of relationships, which are the precourser to populating the planet. And besides, if you can say "they might not want to walk the proverbial dog because that's a possibility," I could just as easily say "They're almost no different from humans except in terms of aesthetics and could very well enjoy walking the proverbial dog as much as we naked apes do." I'm sorry but I'm not going to accept "It could be this because the universe hasn't made a discrepancy," as a solid argument anymore because every one of those can be countered by saying the opposite. You need better reasoning than that.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby Kellox » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:28 am

...I think you are reading far too much into it then what you normally should.

I guess we agree to disagree, I just honestly think when Sonic Team was creating the world of Sonic the Hedgehog they believed Sex was something that should not exist within it, because frankly in fictional worlds created to be kid friendly many concepts simply do not exist or are overshadowed/hardly mentioned in order to make the universe more 'light'' hence why topics like Drugs is't a thing in Sonic or when a person gets shot we don't see their organs and blood fall out of it. We simply do not see those ''things''.

Now take for example Usagi Yojimbo, which does target an older audience they do not shy away from topics. But I do not think subjects like sex is appropriate for a cartoon universe like Sonic the Hedgehog with a much more younger audience, (and yes even with the majority of its adult fans it still doesn't change Sonic Team's target demographic.)

My point was i just find it a little odd that people are talking about how Sonic and Elise '' bang'' when its much better to discuss wheterver or not they have any sort of chemistry or how the writing is between the two. Elise also just looks plain off together with Sonic because she looks lik she is taken STRAIGHT from a Final Fantasy spin off. I think the character would have been much better received if they stick to the cartoony iconic style more maybe with a slight dash of anime-ish big hands and big fee it wouldn't look so out of place.
Kellox
BumbleCitizen

Postby Azul » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:48 am

Kellox wrote:...I think you are reading far too much into it then what you normally should.

I'm not. It doesn't require that much to process.

I guess we agree to disagree, I just honestly think when Sonic Team was creating the world of Sonic the Hedgehog they believed Sex was something that should not exist within it, because frankly in fictional worlds created to be kid friendly many concepts simply do not exist or are overshadowed/hardly mentioned in order to make the universe more 'light'' hence why topics like Drugs is't a thing in Sonic or when a person gets shot we don't see their organs and blood fall out of it. We simply do not see those ''things''.

Now take for example Usagi Yojimbo, which does target an older audience they do not shy away from topics. But I do not think subjects like sex is appropriate for a cartoon universe like Sonic the Hedgehog with a much more younger audience, (and yes even with the majority of its adult fans it still doesn't change Sonic Team's target demographic.)

My point was i just find it a little odd that people are talking about how Sonic and Elise '' bang'' when its much better to discuss wheterver or not they have any sort of chemistry or how the writing is between the two. Elise also just looks plain off together with Sonic because she looks lik she is taken STRAIGHT from a Final Fantasy spin off. I think the character would have been much better received if they stick to the cartoony iconic style more maybe with a slight dash of anime-ish big hands and big fee it wouldn't look so out of place.

Ignoring something doesn't change the fact that it still exists. If someone gets shot but blood isn't shown, it doesn't change the fact that they still have blood. As you've said...

As you've said... wrote:We simply do not see those ''things''.

There are somethings that can't be taken out of the equation because otherwise the equation would make no sense.

Sex is a natural part of relationships. As I've said, espicially regarding to beings that appear so radically different, it's only natural to wonder how sex would fit in the equation. And since we're throwing opinions out there, I don't think it'd matter whether Elise was cartoony or not. By the fan standards Sonic then, it'd still be considered highly squicky soley because she's a human.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:51 am

Fair enough Azul. Why I think it's possible (I believe that human/human romantic love doesn't necessary have to involve sex), that's not really an argument.

But what about my other point? The one about preboot Eggman being a mobian human?

Also, a bit earlier Mordum mentioned Beauty and the Beast example. How would you respond to it?

...In fact, answer me one more question: what's a difference between human/mobian sex and gay sex? Both are 'unconventional' and some people find them repulsive. Can you be pro one, but anti-other?
Last edited by MetalSkulkBane on Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Kellox » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:05 am

We have to agree to disagree Azul. I still believe it simply doesn't exist and your points do not really convince me either.
Kellox
BumbleCitizen

Postby RaceProUK » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:38 am

Kellox wrote:hence why topics like Drugs is't a thing in Sonic

Except for Lemon Sundrop Dandelion.
RaceProUK
BumbleFan

Postby Azul » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:59 am

MetalSkulkBane wrote:But what about my other points? Like that preboot Eggman was a mobian human?

Over-lander. Different species.

Or when you previously answers me you had repost on Sonic age and Vector/Vanilla, but missed the core of my argument: We can't forbid something just because we find it creepy, there is liberty. What if someone found very concept of sex disgusting? Would we ban all reproduction all together? No, as long as people do it in their houses (both sides willingly, right age and 100% aware of consequences), they should be allowed to do this.

Using Vanilla and Vector was possibly the worst example you could have used because it's apparent that they're all same species, mobians, albeit a different race. It's a debate about whether or not the portrayal of human/wildy different anthro relationship is ethical. Even thoough it's implied the anthros have as much rights as humans, nothing definitively states that they're considered cut from the same cloth.

...In fact, tell me what's a difference between human/mobian sex and gay sex? Both are 'unconventional' and some people find them repulsive. Can you be pro one, but anti-other?

Apples to oranges. Gay sex and sex with animal people are two seperate ideas. I could do back flips down a gay pride parade but throw moltov cocktails at the next human/anthro relations comitte meeting. And before anyone gives me rubbish, that was a hyperbole.

Also, a bit earlier Mordum mentioned Beauty and the Beast example. How would you respond to it?

Adam wasn't an anthro, which is an animal with human qualities. He's the exact opposite, a dude who got cursed with animal attributes. He had a mask on.

Kellox wrote:We have to agree to disagree Azul. I still believe it simply doesn't exist and your points do not really convince me either.

Not to throw coal into the furnace but rejecting a factual statement because you don't want to believe it takes away your credibility as an orator.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby Mordum » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:06 am

Azul wrote:Adam wasn't an anthro, which is an animal with human qualities. He's the exact opposite, a dude who got cursed with animal attributes. He had a mask on.

That's completely inaccurate. The curse made him an animal man and Belle would've been with him if he never became a human. He didn't wear a mask, he was a full on beastman. And to Belle, that was irrelevant. Like their thematic descendants Goliath and Elisa, they were consenting creatures of different species who were attracted to each other. Even if you wanted to argue that, from an internal perspective, Beast identified as human despite being a creature so TECHNICALLY his attraction isn't weird, that still leaves Belle. She did not fall in love with "an animal who was really a man." She fell in love with an animal man who happened to become human at the end. She didn't care about his physical form in either scenario, so why is one worse than the other?

Not to throw coal into the furnace but rejecting a factual statement because you don't want to believe it takes away your credibility as an orator.

And you're doing...?
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:48 am

Azul wrote:
MetalSkulkBane wrote:But what about my other points? Like that preboot Eggman was a mobian human?

Over-lander. Different species.

Quote from Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia: "Overlanders are technically Mobians themselves. If Sonic is a Mobian hedghog, then an Overlander is a Mobian human".

Azul wrote:Using Vanilla and Vector was possibly the worst example you could have used because it's apparent that they're all same species, mobians, albeit a different race. It's a debate about whether or not the portrayal of human/wildy different anthro relationship is ethical. Even thoough it's implied the anthros have as much rights as humans, nothing definitively states that they're considered cut from the same cloth.

Apples to oranges. Gay sex and sex with animal people are two seperate ideas. I could do back flips down a gay pride parade but throw moltov cocktails at the next human/anthro relations comitte meeting. And before anyone gives me rubbish, that was a hyperbole.

Adam wasn't an anthro, which is an animal with human qualities. He's the exact opposite, a dude who got cursed with animal attributes. He had a mask on.

Ok, summing up all those responses I'm deducing that you're not seeing Mobians to have the same rights as humans. They aren't humanoids with fur and other animal traits, to you they still animals, quite inteligent ones, with cloths, tools and cities,but still animals.

Do I got that correctly?

Azul wrote:
Kellox wrote:We have to agree to disagree Azul. I still believe it simply doesn't exist and your points do not really convince me either.

Kellox just got tired of argument. It happened to people I argued with and to me before. Just agree for a tie and let him walk away from this debate.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius