Sonic Party

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Sonic Party

Postby Spin » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:17 pm

I liked it well enough during the Dreamcast days, despite the lacking mini games and cheating AI.

If Sega had someone making improvements, Sonic Shuffle would be a nice game to port. Difficulty toned down would have to be a must. Along with new characters added to the mix.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:37 pm

I believe we are long overdue for a Sonic Shuffle 2. Like have it on wii u or 3ds and use the screens in player's hands to hide cards.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby lalalei2001 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:17 pm

I came up with a plot for a hypothetical Sonic Shuffle 2.

It would involve the fact that not all dreams are good ones. Dr. Eggman's dreams of conquest could reach Illumina and either corrupt her or split her off into Void and Lumina again. Since helping Eggman realize those dreams would be very bad, Sonic and friends travel to the dream worlds and fight him in them. That gives an excuse to have Eggman running around in Maginaryworld and to bring back old characters, as well as introduce new ones.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Mobotropolis » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:41 pm

I'd actually like something like Sonic Colours.

Eggman has built Eggmanland. It's probably a trap and a hoax. Now you're going to go through themed lands like you'd find in a real amusement park and play games/ride attractions while you uncover whatever it is he's doing.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:14 pm

Better yet: It's Mario Party 11. Half of the boards play old school mario party style, the other half play with cards instead of dice

and the mario party 9-10 style will just go off to obscurity to die.

Seriously, can't SEGA and Nintendo just make more Sonic and Mario games other than the olympics. Kart and Party are perfect places for them to meet up
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Penguin God » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:54 pm

Apparently most of the funding for those games come from the Olympics, not from Nintendo or Sega.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Scruffy » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:03 am

Sonic Shuffle was never as polished or fun as Mario Party, but I still enjoyed it. I wish I still had my old Dreamcast - I wanted to include it in my mega Sonic marathon earlier in the year. It makes me sad that Shuffle hasn't been re-released at all - if they can put an obscure game like Sonic the Fighters on Xbox Live, why not Shuffle as well?
Scruffy
BumbleClan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:16 am

Scruffy wrote:Sonic Shuffle was never as polished or fun as Mario Party, but I still enjoyed it. I wish I still had my old Dreamcast - I wanted to include it in my mega Sonic marathon earlier in the year. It makes me sad that Shuffle hasn't been re-released at all - if they can put an obscure game like Sonic the Fighters on Xbox Live, why not Shuffle as well?

Probably because the game relied on the VMU for multiplayer to work properly. Without a VMU for each controller, everyone can see everyone's hand and know what cards they have. Not only that, but players wouldn't know what cards the other player was selecting when it isn't their turn.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Scruffy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:31 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:
Scruffy wrote:Sonic Shuffle was never as polished or fun as Mario Party, but I still enjoyed it. I wish I still had my old Dreamcast - I wanted to include it in my mega Sonic marathon earlier in the year. It makes me sad that Shuffle hasn't been re-released at all - if they can put an obscure game like Sonic the Fighters on Xbox Live, why not Shuffle as well?

Probably because the game relied on the VMU for multiplayer to work properly. Without a VMU for each controller, everyone can see everyone's hand and know what cards they have. Not only that, but players wouldn't know what cards the other player was selecting when it isn't their turn.

Oh right, I forgot about that part. Well, 14 years between plays will do that to you...
Scruffy
BumbleClan

Postby Mobotropolis » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:30 pm

There was a button called " Shuffle " which made the order of your hand random after you chose a card.

They might know what's in your hand but it'd be a blind pick trying to go into your hand.

I thought it was never re-released because it sold poorly and was critically panned.

Then again, I can only think of about 5 non-platforming spinoffs that were actually re-released.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius