Mega Man #55 and Possible Reboot...?

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #55 and Possible Reboot...?

Postby The KKM » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:17 pm

Or alternatively, Let's Plays.
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:44 pm

GentlemanX wrote:I've played a little of Mega Man 1, and I'm not interested in playing more of the games.

Oh, please don't say that.

Not to sway your opinion about how you consume your Mega Man one way or the other; I'm just saying that if you make any sort of judgments about whether or not you want to play the series, please don't use the original as your measuring stick. Give 2 or 3 a go before writing it off for good, that's all I ask.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby GentlemanX » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:45 pm

My disinterest in the video games is partially out of disinterest in gaming as a whole. There are very few games I play anymore and those I do are mostly tied to games I played when I was little. I never played Mega Man when I was little. The gameplay experienced while playing Mega Man 1 and Mega Man X 1 doesn't make me want to play more.

The archie comic made me interested in the story though, which while an interpretation, is tied to its source material. Therefore, I am interested in the events that follow what I've read up to this point.

One option is to watch gameplay footage. But doing so would directly change what appeals to me about the comic, that being the narrative nature of it. The comic is telling a story, the game is bridging gameplay with story elements. This is true of most games including Sonic, Mario, Kirby and others. Th experience of reading an exchange in the comic and watching a 8 bit cutscene are substantially different. I don't have interest in that drastic a change of media format.

Surface level enjoyment is not synonymous with a lack of interest in authorial voice, which is the reason I'm reluctant to read the manga. The manga is not the comic, each are distinct entities in the larger franchise. The manga is closer to what media I want to consume of the franchise, which is why I mention it as an alternative should the comic choose not to cover further content, but the fact it would not be the product I've grown fond of is why I'd prefer more of the existing comic.

But I believe the current comic will not continue, so what is the point of my post? It's really just a lamentation of the situation, at most a plea should someone with influence readmy thoughts. Such a thing, voicing one's individual thoughts and feelings is the point of posting in a forum like this. Nothing more to it than that.
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:57 am

Watched Bumblekast 3, and when they started doing the Q&A, Ian said things like "When I was writing the book" and "I wish I could have gotten to it"
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Tylinos » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:20 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:Watched Bumblekast 3, and when they started doing the Q&A, Ian said things like "When I was writing the book" and "I wish I could have gotten to it"

Yes, he's been speaking like that for months about this book. He's made it pretty clear on Twitter that he just hasn't heard anything new. If that's changed any, then he hasn't said as much.
Tylinos
BumbleKnight

Postby Tylinos » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:51 am

https://twitter.com/ArchieComics/status ... 4504393728

The issue's been delayed slightly, it seems.
Tylinos
BumbleKnight

Postby SonicSoul » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:51 am

*Sees the sneak peak picture*

I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:17 am

Anything to delay the inevitable, I guess. Having hope of seeing one last issue a little while longer, you know?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:22 pm

My perspective probably comes from a different place, but I'm ready for it to come out and move on.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:08 am

The disappointment over the hiatus has worn off now. I don't feel too much anticipation since I know this is the last issue, but I also don't feel annoyed at the hiatus anymore. *shrugs*

The comic has been good throughout it's run, so I'm sure it'll be as good a sendoff we can hope for given the circumstances.
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:35 pm

My annoyance still resounds when it comes to Archie not saying anything else. Sure we can all expect the worst, but be up front with us about what's happening and stop treating your fans like they don't matter. I really appreciate Ian dropping hints here, but something official from the company would finally be nice.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Penguin God » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:09 pm

It's likely they haven't made a decision on the matter yet themselves.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby EvilEddie » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:52 pm

Or they have and they know people won't be happy so why bother saying now?
EvilEddie
BumbleFan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:35 am

EvilEddie wrote:Or they have and they know people won't be happy so why bother saying now?

What could possibly make people less happy than wild speculation and stuff? They don't even have to tell people why it got cancelled, just let us know for certain or not.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:31 am

EvilEddie wrote:Or they have and they know people won't be happy so why bother saying now?

They'd be even more angry to learn they were mislead and tricked into believing it'd be a hiatus. Sometimes just coming clean is better than leading people on for no reason.
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!