STH#277 Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: STH#277 Spoilers & Discussion

Postby TurboTailz » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:04 am

Customers got to have a sample before buying even if they aren't new to the franchise :wink:
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:36 am

FritzyBeat wrote:
Mr.Unsmiley wrote:
SonicWindAttack wrote:
FritzyBeat wrote:Saw this issue on the rack at my local comic shop, so I gave it a look through.

Don't know much about the first story, cool that Lupe is back. The second story though I thought looked pretty neat. The new characters were neat, and I am really interested in that one nearly fully cybernetic one (forget her name, starts with a C ;P). She seems like a fun character~

Also, I am totally that one Legionnaire. I will never get the triple S rank *shot*

Maybe you should specify that you actually bought the issue, and didn't just skim through it at the shop. The mods tend to get testy if you imply that you read an issue without paying for it.

I'm pretty sure Fritzy's said in other threads that they aren't currently buying the comic, so it's entirely possible that's what they did

FritzyBeat wrote:Don't know much about the first story

That should clear it up *shot* XP

Naw I didn't read the whole thing, I mostly just skimmed through it and read bits of a couple pages here and there. Am I not allowed to look through a comic to see if I want to buy it before purchasing it? =P Silly silly SonicWindAattack, this is how you decide if you want to buy something or not~ X333

sorry but you're going to jail now
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby FeroMcPigletron » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:55 am

Was the SatAm Lupe a spiritual type? Her going crazy mad was a surprise. Weirded me out cuz where'd she get the skill to cut a droid's metal shell clear through. Antoine's sword can't be that sharp.

Was a bit confused at the lightning fake out. Can they really see where lightning would strike beforehand? That's lightning fast reflexes required and its not all Sonic's timing but the anchor. Cool that Chip is doing good work and not fleeing and hiding.

Great characterization on the horned siblings. Kinda overshadowed Sally and Bunnie a bit there. I like that I might actually root for Cass to beat Bunnie just cuz of her personality.
FeroMcPigletron
BumbleFan

Postby Polish Pete » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:08 pm

FeroMcPigletron wrote:Was a bit confused at the lightning fake out. Can they really see where lightning would strike beforehand? That's lightning fast reflexes required and its not all Sonic's timing but the anchor. Cool that Chip is doing good work and not fleeing and hiding.

The lightning thing is actually just another idea they took from the SatAM episode "Cry of the Wolf".
Polish Pete
BumbleCitizen

Postby The Swordsman » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:29 pm

FeroMcPigletron wrote:Was the SatAm Lupe a spiritual type? Her going crazy mad was a surprise. Weirded me out cuz where'd she get the skill to cut a droid's metal shell clear through. Antoine's sword can't be that sharp.

Was a bit confused at the lightning fake out. Can they really see where lightning would strike beforehand? That's lightning fast reflexes required and its not all Sonic's timing but the anchor. Cool that Chip is doing good work and not fleeing and hiding.

Great characterization on the horned siblings. Kinda overshadowed Sally and Bunnie a bit there. I like that I might actually root for Cass to beat Bunnie just cuz of her personality.

Yeah Lupe was a spiritual type or at least seemed so however being so doesn't necessarily limit emotions especially in the face of a loved one's death. Even Obi Wan Kenobi went berserk in the fight against Darth Maul after Darth Maul killed Qui Gon Jin despite being a Jedi. Also Antoine's sword probably is that sharp since in fiction can cut through almost everything.
The Swordsman
BumbleCitizen

Location: Somewhere fighting the Eggman Empire for the United Federation.

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:42 pm

finally got to my comic shop to pick up my october stuff. so, in 276, there seemed to be a lot of complaints about how the 2 10-page stories in one issue made each one feel rushed. this one didn't feel that way since the stories were in the same location and the 1st established exactly what the 2nd would focus on, so really it just felt like one story. of course, the 2nd story will be continued over the next 3 issues while the 1st will move on, but, that just goes hand-in-hand with how 276 set the foundation for the next Universe arc. all in all I think this was a pretty good way to re-establish where both books are heading post-crossover
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby Mobotropolis » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:33 pm

Antoine's sword can't be that sharp.

Antoine's sword not being able to cut through metal would completely defeat the purpose of him carrying it.

... and to be fair we've seen our share of things that certainly cannot slice through metal like whips, quills, fur, and whatnot slice through it no problem. Given the setting you have to suspend your disbelief somewhat. Talking animals and whatnot. :P
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby Kevin160nitroncaron3 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:58 pm

Just like Samurai Jack.
Kevin160nitroncaron3
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mobotropolis » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:51 pm

I wish Antoine was even an eighth as cool as Samurai Jack.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby Chameleon Guy » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:39 am

I don't know if this question was already answered during these 8 pages, couldn't read all of them.

What continent does the issue take place in? Since Lupe is a Gaia key guardian I'm assuming it's a location from Unleashed?
Chameleon Guy
BumbleCitizen

Postby Canard » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:12 am

I think it's Northamer : If I'm remembering well, Ian Flynn had written in the incomplet list of the Egg Boss that Clove was the Egg Boss of Northamer.
Canard
BumbleNewbie

Postby Axel T Rat » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:20 pm

Well better late than never. Here's my thoughts.

+Those little nods to Cry of the Wolf along with Sally's retro ponytail
+I gotta say Lupe looks cuter in her new form
+I'll miss the old one, but I gotta admit that new Wolfpack designs don't look too bad
+Nice Flash reference at the end

=I have a feeling these zones might be a homage to a similar Sonic Drift 2 stage
=I emphasize with the gamer frustrations there
=We don't get to know the new Wolfpack too much, but its understable since the focus is on Lupe here.
Axel T Rat
BumbleKnight

Postby Mobotropolis » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:52 pm

What continent does the issue take place in? Since Lupe is a Gaia key guardian I'm assuming it's a location from Unleashed?

Northhamer.

There's no Gaia Temple in Northhamer/Empire City. Lupe confirms that her temple is a decoy.

They also semi-confirmed that the Temple in Waves of Change was also a decoy.

I thought I posted this, but here are the locations of the Gaia Temples for people who didn't play the game and where we stand in the book:

Spoiler: show
Spagonia = Chuck and Pickle were nabbed in Spagonia. Spagonia is in Eurish, so that'd be Mondred and the Avalon Freedom Fighters.

Holoska = They found this one already (Tundra)

Mazuri = The one Axel is guarding

Shamar = The one the Vulture Egg Boss is guarding is real

Chun-nan = Next Stop with the New Dragon Freedom Fighters

Abadat = The Temple Chip's memories were restored in-game (probably Squid Girl)

Eggmanland = The location under attack by the Nagus twins in the SU Arch

I guess the order will be -- Holoska, Shamar, Chun-nan, Mazuri, Spagonia, Abadat, Eggmanland
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby Meliden » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:02 pm

Thing is that we're not due to go back to Avalon in depth for a while, at least not for the duration of the Shattered World Crisis I don't think. I think Spagonia's events will play out separately to there, if not go for something completely different to the games by not having one in Spagonia at all.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Unknownshadow675 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:33 pm

Mobotropolis wrote:
Spoiler: show
Spagonia = Chuck and Pickle were nabbed in Spagonia. Spagonia is in Eurish, so that'd be Mondred and the Avalon Freedom Fighters.

Holoska = They found this one already (Tundra)

Mazuri = The one Axel is guarding

Shamar = The one the Vulture Egg Boss is guarding is real

Chun-nan = Next Stop with the New Dragon Freedom Fighters

Abadat = The Temple Chip's memories were restored in-game (probably Squid Girl)

Eggmanland = The location under attack by the Nagus twins in the SU Arch

I guess the order will be -- Holoska, Shamar, Chun-nan, Mazuri, Spagonia, Abadat, Eggmanland

In STH 280 Sonic and Chip go to Mazuri and battle Axel (I'm assuming they will fight him.). Then it's Chun-Nan.

The sad thing here is that everyone appears to be forgetting about STH 280. I kinda forgot about it's existence myself too.
Unknownshadow675
BumbleFan

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius