Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Ian Flynn » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:21 am

The issue should be on shelves today, so have at it everypeoples.

(posting this in the wee hours since I'll be busy throughout the day)
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Re: Mega Man #53 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby lawnmower9000 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:12 am

Dang son, Mr. Flynn was not lying when he said that the last few issues would have some extra heart. I'm on mobile so I'm not going to type up a full length review at the momen, but this one issue hits on a lot - how Xander became Mr. X, Mega Man feeling totally outcast and functionless, Light feeling broken by Wily's actions, and finally, Cossack's threat that starts MM4.

Too bad we won't see it happen, though. At least not for awhile.
lawnmower9000
BumbleNewbie

Postby TheFatPanda » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:43 am

The end of the issue literally tells you to continue the story in Mega Man 4 (on the Mega Man Legacy Collection no less).

Also the Short Circuit is all about early 90's TV Mega Man...no joke.

Oh, and Dr. X is Xander. Making the timeline collapse at the end of WU sent him thirty years into the past where he's remained ever since.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:58 am

TheFatPanda wrote:The end of the issue literally tells you to continue the story in Mega Man 4 (on the Mega Man Legacy Collection no less).

Welp that confirms it. If the book comes back it'll either be a reboot or time jumped.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby ShinySnivy » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:33 am

Wow.. Just wow. There were so many good moments in this issue that I don't think I can list them all. The highlight for me was definitely the Light/Wilybot interactions. I have been waiting so long for something this, and now it's finally happened. Shadow Man reluctantly high-fiving Wily made me smile. Fire Man giving Rock words of wisdom was incredibly heartwarming. Xander going back in time to the moment when his dog died was very unexpected and sad, and this is probably the best MM related artwork Ryan Jampole has ever done in my opinion. I honestly forgot the fact the hiatus is two issues away. I just sat back and enjoyed all of the great character interactions here. You did good Ian, you did good. :)
ShinySnivy
BumbleNewbie

Postby lalalei2001 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:41 am

SonicBlueRanger wrote:
TheFatPanda wrote:The end of the issue literally tells you to continue the story in Mega Man 4 (on the Mega Man Legacy Collection no less).

Welp that confirms it. If the book comes back it'll either be a reboot or time jumped.

I wonder if people will be confused when MM4 doesn't have the comic-exclusive characters XD;
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:02 pm

lalalei2001 wrote:
SonicBlueRanger wrote:

I wonder if people will be confused when MM4 doesn't have the comic-exclusive characters XD;

That's what makes this so tragically hilarious.

"Yay Mega Man 6, time to fight Xander-oh it's just Wily...again..."
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen

Postby GentlemanX » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:05 pm

Well that sounds very disappointing, especially since I have no intention of playing the games. This may very well be the last three pieces of the Mega Man franchise I see.

On a similar sour note, me thinks I need to have another phone call with Archie. Is anyone having subscription trouble recently? They never sent me STH 275, I had to call them about it, and I'm still waiting on SU79 and STH276. I never used to have as much trouble as I am on a regular basis now.
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:33 pm

Huh? Where was it written?

Anyway, good issue. My only problem: using whole 6 pages on RM. Don't get me wrong, it was fun, nice to see them for the last time and mentioning of Tachyon really proves that Flynn is doing his homework. It's just... come one we're running out of issues, every page is precious.

Speaking of time, I'm surprised that Megaman 4 already started. It's quite obvious that this story won't be covered in next two issues, so why even start? Woudn't it make more sense to put Enker or something like that? Well, we'll see in next two months (althought I think I know what will happened in MM 54)

Also, did Xander (I will keep calling him that. We already has X in this universe) referenced Legends series? Does that mean that MM Legends is a alternative timeline?
And then Willy mentions Zero.. I think. That's random reference.
Last edited by MetalSkulkBane on Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby TheFatPanda » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:40 pm

MetalSkulkBane wrote:

On the last page of the story.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby akessel92 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:36 pm

Telling to play a game instead of a comic adaptation. Not a good sign.
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby N'egga Man » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:51 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:
MetalSkulkBane wrote:

On the last page of the story.

That's odd. I have the digital issue, but there's no mention of Mega Man 4 by name. It just says "Mega Man's next adventure awaits!" and "Break Man returns in MM#54".

Either way, I really enjoyed this issue, despite knowing that this is all leading to a likely-definitive end for the series. Still, I liked how it wrapped things up from Worlds Unite on Wily's end (Mr. X[ander Payne] explaining his dilemma after shooting Sigma, Shadow Man reporting to Wily straight away) and the fact that we get hints of all 3 of Wily's remaining NES-era plans. (Kalinka getting kidnapped for MM4, a half-built Crystal Man from MM5... and I'm guessing Wily's "riskier plan" might be a reference to MM6?) And I was so happy to see FIre Man actually get some more page-time, especially with Mega Man pointing out that he doesn't get to talk with him much. It's just a shame then, to see that all this care and detail is put into what is basically an uncertain finale at this point. And there's still two issues to go!

Overall, a wonderful issue to read, despite the somewhat inevitable path that it's leading to in the end. Looking forward to the next one.
Last edited by N'egga Man on Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
N'egga Man
BumbleFan

Postby SonicSoul » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:59 pm

Very good issue. It's nice to see each of the reformed Robot Masters get along with the Light Numbers. I smiled at the panel with Rock chuckling over Cut Man's puns while Rush's expression was all like, "Dude it wasn't that funny."

So Kalinka is already captured then. Guess that throws my theory that Break Man kidnapped her leading him to question Wily's ethics. Unless next issue is supposed to take place this one, but it's unlikely.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:01 pm

Kind of a bittersweet issue. It has everything I really like about the series - continuity, a nice twist of the game's storyline, and a lot of heart. It has an interesting perspective on how MM's robots see themselves in their world too.

And yet it ends with the whole "see the games" thing. Even though I know the series is over in a bit it's still a bummer to see it there in black and white.

I liked the Short Circuits too. I'm a sucker for oddball MM stuff. I'm surprised they can actually use them and NOT the Wonderswan guys. Different contracts, I guess? I wonder if it'd have been possible to use a guy like Tar or the PC robots in the comics (not that I'm calling for that; it's a curiosity thing).
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

Postby SonicSoul » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:16 pm

Most unintentionally funny on my part to mention but, the Light family's different reactions to Cossack's broadcast seems to sum up how fans felt when first hearing about the hiatus oh so perfectly.

Hahahaha....*laughs bitterly*
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!