Sonic Comic Origins - Spoilers & Discussion Mega Thread

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Sonic Comic Origins - Spoilers & Discussion Mega Thread

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:35 am

akessel92 wrote:
Penguin God wrote:Or maybe they just changed their mind. Honestly, we're talking about a series of decisions and discussions we're absolutely not privy to. There's a million things it could or couldn't be. Eggman was Classic before, and he isn't now. Without official word, that's all we can really gleam from it.

Wouldn't surprise me. Sega haven't a clue about character development anymore. They used to in the adventure series but now... They're clueless.

*snerk* Yeah the Adventure Series had great character Development. Right Tails being your own man and Amy being independent? Those were developed on so much. :(hearty laughter):
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Julayla » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:09 am

I miss that too. I wonder why SEGA doesn't like character development in Sonic games anymore?
Julayla
BumbleFan

Postby SonicSoul » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:22 am

Are we sure we're not confusing "character development" for plot development i.e. caring what's going on in the plot again?
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby Toby » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:36 am

He was being sarcastic.
Toby
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicSoul » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:44 am

Toby wrote:He was being sarcastic.

Feeling dumb never gets old for me.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby FritzyBeat » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:01 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:
akessel92 wrote:
Penguin God wrote:Or maybe they just changed their mind. Honestly, we're talking about a series of decisions and discussions we're absolutely not privy to. There's a million things it could or couldn't be. Eggman was Classic before, and he isn't now. Without official word, that's all we can really gleam from it.

Wouldn't surprise me. Sega haven't a clue about character development anymore. They used to in the adventure series but now... They're clueless.

*snerk* Yeah the Adventure Series had great character Development. Right Tails being your own man and Amy being independent? Those were developed on so much. :(hearty laughter):

To be fair, at least it meant some character growth for characters like Tails, Amy, and Big the Cat who clearly went and ran for president immediately after the events of SA. C'mon, you all saw it coming the instant he had that little moment with Froggy in the Emerald Coast level~ *shot*

(don't get me started on E102, I will drown you in tears *shot* But he also had an interesting character arc in SA, which did involve some character growth in him progressing from a killing machine, to having doubts about the Doctor, experiencing loss with his comrades, and eventually turning on the Doctor, ultimately destroy himself to free the flicky inside him. That there is some cool character growth.)

SA2 did a nice job of providing character development for a number of it's characters too. Namely Shadow, Rouge and Eggman. I'm not gonna say SA2's story was a flawless masterpiece, but it did do a bang up job of allowing these characters to grow and change as the story progressed. Sure, it all became moot in following games, but talking to HavocAngel recently, It's actually very interesting to consider where the story might have gone had they picked up where they left off at the end of SA2.
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:11 pm

I swear everytime I'm sarcastic I feel it's obvious but it never EVER is.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby FritzyBeat » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:13 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:

It's cause it's hard to look sarcastic when all people are looking at is the text you are saying, and not the tone of voice you are saying it in ;P *shot*

That's why I use an over-abundance of emoticons online. At least then there is a much lower chance of people misinterpreting the meaning behind the print :3
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:38 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:

You keep forgetting to close your [sarcasm] tags.

akessel92 wrote:

That was way harsh.

(As if.)

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Vampfox » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:58 am

I've been playing catch up lately.

I like Snively's new back story. I like how Ian has tied it into the SegaSonic canon. It explains why some of GUN's robots are very close in design to the Badnik's. Though I do wish that he was still related to Robotnik.
Vampfox
BumbleCult

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:37 am

Vampfox wrote:I've been playing catch up lately.

I like Snively's new back story. I like how Ian has tied it into the SegaSonic canon. It explains why some of GUN's robots are very close in design to the Badnik's. Though I do wish that he was still related to Robotnik.

Well while he can't officially be related to Eggman I think his Facial Hair taking some cues from his Mustache might be a hint.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Meliden » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:02 am

I think Ian's said outright that he's not, and not just like "Well not officially but you can think what you want winkity winkwoo".
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby The Swordsman » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:24 pm

Meliden wrote:I think Ian's said outright that he's not, and not just like "Well not officially but you can think what you want winkity winkwoo".

Thats interesting, I could've sworn I read somewhere that it was supposed to be the not officially but you can think what you want kind of deal. :?
The Swordsman
BumbleCitizen

Location: Somewhere fighting the Eggman Empire for the United Federation.

Postby Joggoman » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:17 pm

Ian Flynn wrote:Look guys - SEGA says we cannot introduce any new family to the game characters. Officially, post-Super Genesis Wave, Uncle Chuck isn't related to Sonic. There's no grey area there.

Read and interpret the comic any way you want, tho'.

Make of that what you will.
Joggoman
BumbleNewbie

Postby TheFatPanda » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:25 pm

Aaaaand you can now expect the Razor story in Super Digest #15 this December.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius