Mega Man #55 and Possible Reboot...?

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #55 and Possible Reboot...?

Postby Bean » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:38 am

Yeah, pretty much. Wasn't there a chart that either showed the ranking or direct numbers of sales for the comic? It basically started strong, slowly dropped or maintained until the first crossover, then went back down to its usual weak-ish numbers.
Bean
BumbleCitizen

Postby GentlemanX » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:09 am

We had a thread about it. Hasn't been updated since Dawn of X/Rock of Ages GN though.
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:01 am

akessel92 wrote:
NxtWaltDisney wrote:
lalalei2001 wrote:Battle Network and Starforce can't be used because they're an alternate universe AND tied in in Viz's red tape.

:cry: :cry: :cry: Well that sucks. In fact, this whole entire situation sucks. I mean, we don't even have a real reason on why the book has to go on "hiatus".

Money simple as that.

I remember getting argues with when I said the exact same thing a ways back, in a different thread.
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

Postby Illustrious Q » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:25 am

Bean wrote:Yeah, pretty much. Wasn't there a chart that either showed the ranking or direct numbers of sales for the comic? It basically started strong, slowly dropped or maintained until the first crossover, then went back down to its usual weak-ish numbers.

Of course the other part of that equation would be to see how the Mega Man comic fared against Archie's own comics. I seem to recall that for a vast majority of it's run, the comic was in Archie's top 5 monthly publications on a regular basis.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby Bean » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:12 am

Maybe, but I would guess that the main Sonic comic and even Universe were doing better than it, right? Yeah, I really should go and find the time to make a quick video about this and link to the Archie store page or something in the description for back issues, or more likely, the graphic novels that aren't sold out at this point.
Bean
BumbleCitizen

Postby Illustrious Q » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:58 am

StH is Archie's #1 seller. SU is Archie's #2. Mega Man was usually hovering between #3 and #4. Has been like that for years.

The only times those numbers were the case is usually when Afterlife or Sabrina has an issue out that month.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby Sunwalker » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:42 pm

Bean wrote:Yeah, pretty much. Wasn't there a chart that either showed the ranking or direct numbers of sales for the comic? It basically started strong, slowly dropped or maintained until the first crossover, then went back down to its usual weak-ish numbers.

Here are the charts:

Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby akessel92 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:00 pm

Sunwalker wrote:

Here are the charts:

Also bear in the fact that they don't account for sales in places like Barnes and noble or indirect sales.
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby Illustrious Q » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:11 pm

And again, neither of those charts compare to Mega Man's placement against Archie's own comics.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:31 pm

I still think Universe should have been put on hiatus and Mega Man kept going. I don't see the reason why Sonic still needed two books, when it could easily be Universe put on hiatus, and one book each for Sonic and Mega Man. I would prefer that to a stupid hiatus and possible reboot.
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby Sunwalker » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:34 pm

Illustrious Q wrote:And again, neither of those charts compare to Mega Man's placement against Archie's own comics.

I also made a while ago a chart about the sales of the titular comic of Archie Andrews:

I gathered the data from http://www.comichron.com/. Right now, I do not really have the time to compile the data for other Archie titles, sorry... But people can still check on this site if they are curious :)
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby Penguin God » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:42 pm

Ryannumber1gamer wrote:I still think Universe should have been put on hiatus and Mega Man kept going. I don't see the reason why Sonic still needed two books, when it could easily be Universe put on hiatus, and one book each for Sonic and Mega Man. I would prefer that to a stupid hiatus and possible reboot.

Sonic Universe still sells more than Mega Man, and they probably don't have to pay the license twice to publish it.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:10 pm

I personally don't read Mega Man and am quite content with Sonic getting a double dose of content each month so if this is the way it has to be then it suits me at least
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:27 pm

Mr.Unsmiley wrote:I personally don't read Mega Man and am quite content with Sonic getting a double dose of content each month so if this is the way it has to be then it suits me at least

Wow what was the point of this post? Because it comes off pretty mean spirited towards people who do read Mega Man.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Sockie » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:53 pm

Mr.Unsmiley wrote:I personally don't read Mega Man and am quite content with Sonic getting a double dose of content each month so if this is the way it has to be then it suits me at least

Why even come on the Mega Man board if you're going to post this garbage?
Sockie
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!