The Sonic Census

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: The Sonic Census

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:30 pm

Spoiler: show
Current age: 27

1. What are your personal favorite 3 Sonic games? Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Sonic Generations, Sonic Adventure 2

2. What are your least favorite 3 Sonic games? Sonic 06, Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (never played, but could tell I would hate it), Sonic Jump

3. What 3 Sonic games do you think are the best? Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Sonic Generations, Sonic Colors

4. What 3 Sonic games do you think are the worst? Sonic 06, Sonic Jump, and probably Boom Rise of Lyric

5. What Sonic game do you think is over hyped? Sonic Adventure 2

6. What Sonic game was the most disappointing for you? Sonic 06

7. What was your first Sonic game? Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis)

8. What is your favorite Sonic gameplay style (2D platformer, “Boost-to-win”, pet sim, RPG, etc.)? "Boost to win" (Modern Sonic Generations)

9. What 3 gameplay styles would you like to see the Sonic brand go/return to? 2d Platformer, Modern (generations), Adventure

10. Which game incarnation of Sonic (Classic, Modern, Boom) is your favorite (stylistically)? Classic

11. Which incarnation of Sonic would you like to see return, or what new art style would you like to see? Sonic

12. How many years have you been a Sonic fan? from the beginning

13. What Sonic product/people brought you to the franchise? The games and Aosth/SatAM

14. Who are your top 3 favorite Sonic characters? Eggman, Eggman Nega, the SSSSSS

15. Who are you top 3 Sonic villians? Eggman, Eggman Nega, Mephiles the Dark

16. Which 3 game villains (excluding Eggman) would you like to see return? Eggman Nega, Mephiles the Dark, Wendy Witcart

17. Which 3 enemy types are your favorite (Classic Badnicks, Black Arms, Egg Pawns, etc.) Classic Badniks, GUN Robots, the Zeti

18. Which, if any, entities (characters, locations, etc.) from other Sonic media would you want to see in the games? Freedom Fighters

19. What Sonic product lines (games, shows, comics, etc.) do you purchase?Games and Archie comics

20. What is your favorite Sonic series (Archie, Boom, X, OVA, Sega!Sonic, etc)? Archie

21. How many Sonic games have you played?Many, from genesis/game gear to present day

22. How many Sonic games have you owned? slightly less

23. How many Sonic games have you completed the campaign (All Chaos Emeralds, Final Chapter, etc.)? a handful

24. How many Sonic games have you %100ed (All A Ranks, All Emblems, etc.)?Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles, Sonic Advance

25. Are you more likely to pre-order/ buy a Sonic game in the month of release, or wait? Wait, unless pre-release is surprisingly glowing with accolades.

26. Which game consoles (including handhelds,) do you own? NES, Genesis (both addons), Game boy color, Game Gear, SNES, PSX, N64, Sega Saturn, Game Boy Advance, Sega Dreamcast, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PLaystation 4, N3ds, Samsung Galaxy S6, PC

27. Which console do you have the most Sonic games for?Probably the Genesis combo

28. Have you ever bought a console because of a Sonic game? Yes, a 360.

29. How do you interpret the Sonic canon (consider the classic games a different universe, believe in the distinction of two worlds in the Sonic universe, consider spin off games non-canon, hold Japanese instruction manuals over American, etc.)? It's a total mess that SEGA doesn't give two craps about, so I just take each game at face value, and let Archie sort it out in its publication.

30. What is your preferred name for Sonic’s world(s) (Earth, Mobius, Planet Freedom, etc)? Mobius

31. What is the average amount of time you put into Sonic games? (not in a sitting, but over all)

32. What Sonic have you clocked the most time into (state the amount)? Enough to complete the campaign once, then play it again multiple times, especially if its from the genesis era

33. Where do you see the Sonic franchise in ten years? Owned by Nintendo

34. If you had the opportunity to give the Sonic brand to a different developer which would it be, if any? Nintendo. They know what to do with their franchises, and if they don't, they let them sleep for awhile instead of making crappy sequels.

35. What is your favorite interpretation of Sonic’s characterization? Archie

36. What do you feel is Sonic’s current characterization? Guy with an attitude, who is very laid back and looks for trouble wherever he goes, because he's bored if he isn't busting bots.

37. How many, if any, Sonic games are in your top ten favorite video games? maybe one or two. I don't have a concrete list.

38. What has been your favorite Sonic cross-over/cameo to date (TMNT, Spawn, Zelda, etc)? Super Smash Bros series

39. Which Sonic game/show has your favorite Soundtrack? Sonic Adventure 2

40. What is are your 3 favorite Sonic song? Live and Learn, A Ghost's Pumpkin's Soup, and Sonic the Hedgehog 3 Miniboss theme (hey, come on!)

41. What other video game franchise would you consider Sonic Team's greatest competition for your attention? None. Sonic is in a strange void. Any competition it once had is leagues beyond it, now.

42. What are your top 3 Sonic locations? Station Square, Angel Island, the Cosmic Interstate.

43. What 3 Sonic zones would you like to see return in a Sonic game? Pumpkin Hill

44. With what Sonic game have you encountered the most bugs? Sonic 06

45. What Sonic game do you think deserves a (narrative) sequel? Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
Last edited by Mavrickindigo on Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby therealfalconpawnch7 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:15 am

Current age: 20

1. What are your personal favorite 3 Sonic games?
Sonic Adventure 2 Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Knuckles Chaotix
2. What are your least favorite 3 Sonic games?
Sonic Drift 2 Sonic Heroes Shadow the Hedgehog
3. What 3 Sonic games do you think are the best?
Sonic Adventure 2 Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Knuckles Chaotix
4. What 3 Sonic games do you think are the worst?
Sonic Heroes Shadow the Hedgehog Sonic Drift 2
5. What Sonic game do you think is over hyped?
Sonic Colors
6. What Sonic game was the most disappointing for you?
Sonic Colors
7. What was your first Sonic game?
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
8. What is your favorite Sonic gameplay style (2D platformer, “Boost-to-win”, pet sim, RPG, etc.)?
Tie Between Adventure and Boost-to-Win
9. What 3 gameplay styles would you like to see the Sonic brand go/return to?
Adventure Style, a retry of the RPG, and Boost-To-Win
10. Which game incarnation of Sonic (Classic, Modern, Boom) is your favorite (stylistically)?
Modern
11. Which incarnation of Sonic would you like to see return, or what new art style would you like to see?
I'd like to see a more Animesque style with extreme attacks, and blinding action to emphasize the power of speed
12. How many years have you been a Sonic fan?
13. What Sonic product/people brought you to the franchise?
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
14. Who are your top 3 favorite Sonic characters?
Knuckles, Julie-Su, Vector
15. Who are you top 3 Sonic villians?
Lien-Da, Eggman, Dr. Finitevus
16. Which 3 game villains (excluding Eggman) would you like to see return?
Eggman Nega, Mecha Sonic (Sonic 3&K), Egg Robo
17. Which 3 enemy types are your favorite (Classic Badnicks, Black Arms, Egg Pawns, etc.)
SWATBots, COMBots, Egg Swats
18. Which, if any, entities (characters, locations, etc.) from other Sonic media would you want to see in the games?
Comic Characters, Comic Locations, Mr. Tanaka
19. What Sonic product lines (games, shows, comics, etc.) do you purchase?
Comics, Games, Shows
20. What is your favorite Sonic series (Archie, Boom, X, OVA, Sega!Sonic, etc)?
Archie
21. How many Sonic games have you played?
ALL OF THEM Except Drift 1
22. How many Sonic games have you owned?
At some point all of them except Drift 1
23. How many Sonic games have you completed the campaign (All Chaos Emeralds, Final Chapter, etc.)?
24. How many Sonic games have you %100ed (All A Ranks, All Emblems, etc.)?
25. Are you more likely to pre-order/ buy a Sonic game in the month of release, or wait?
Pre-Order
26. Which game consoles (including handhelds,) do you own?
3DS, 360, Wii, Wii U, Gamecube, N64, Genesis
27. Which console do you have the most Sonic games for?
Tie Between 360 and Gamecube
28. Have you ever bought a console because of a Sonic game?
Yes
29. How do you interpret the Sonic canon (consider the classic games a different universe, believe in the distinction of two worlds in the Sonic universe, consider spin off games non-canon, hold Japanese instruction manuals over American, etc.)?
In my own way
30. What is your preferred name for Sonic’s world(s) (Earth, Mobius, Planet Freedom, etc)?
Mobius
31. What is the average amount of time you put into Sonic games? (not in a sitting, but over all)
Around 48 Hours (Variable)
32. What Sonic have you clocked the most time into (state the amount)?
Sonic Adventure 2 (Uncountable Hours)
33. Where do you see the Sonic franchise in ten years?
Being played by me.
34. If you had the opportunity to give the Sonic brand to a different developer which would it be, if any?
I'd give it to Isomniac for 3D, or Ubiart for 2D (Love the music stages in Legends)
35. What is your favorite interpretation of Sonic’s characterization?
My Own
36. What do you feel is Sonic’s current characterization?
Bad Joke Maker who tries to hard to be funny and fails everytime.
37. How many, if any, Sonic games are in your top ten favorite video games?
38. What has been your favorite Sonic cross-over/cameo to date (TMNT, Spawn, Zelda, etc)?
Worlds Collide
39. Which Sonic game/show has your favorite Soundtrack?
Adventure 2
40. What is are your 3 favorite Sonic song?
Escape From the City, With Me, Any Sonic 2 Track
41. What other video game franchise would you consider Sonic Team's greatest competition for your attention?
Zelda
42. What are your top 3 Sonic locations?
The Floating Island, Spagonia, Station Square
43. What 3 Sonic zones would you like to see return in a Sonic game?
Savannah Citadel Day, Mystic Cave Zone, Metal Harbor
44. With what Sonic game have you encountered the most bugs?
Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
45. What Sonic game do you think deserves a (narrative) sequel?
I think that Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric deserve a sequel, as a chance to expand on the story and lore of the Boomverse, perhaps even let them make a prequel this time.
therealfalconpawnch7
BumbleKnight

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:24 pm

Current age: 22

1. What are your personal favorite 3 Sonic games? Going up: Sonic Generations, Sonic 2 and Sonic 3&K.

2. What are your least favorite 3 Sonic games? Going down: Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic 06 and Shadow the Hedgehog.

3. What 3 Sonic games do you think are the best? Same as Question 1.

4. What 3 Sonic games do you think are the worst? Same as Question 2.

5. What Sonic game do you think is over hyped? I assume you mean overrated, in which case Sonic Colors.

6. What Sonic game was the most disappointing for you? Sonic and the Secret Rings.

7. What was your first Sonic game? Sonic 1.

8. What is your favorite Sonic gameplay style (2D platformer, “Boost-to-win”, pet sim, RPG, etc.)? 2D platformer, of course. I love the Genesis-era classics, but I really love the boost style of gameplay Sonic Rush and Unleashed/Generations have too.

9. What 3 gameplay styles would you like to see the Sonic brand go/return to? Sonic Generations had a formula that worked and they should stick with it. I'd of course like to see a return to the classics too, and a Sonic Adventure type of game would actually be pretty nice if done right.

10. Which game incarnation of Sonic (Classic, Modern, Boom) is your favorite (stylistically)? Classic.

11. Which incarnation of Sonic would you like to see return, or what new art style would you like to see? Idk about incarnation, but I'd like to see an art style that was more surreal like Naoto Ohshima's original vision, seen in Sonic CD.

12. How many years have you been a Sonic fan? Since I was 5 years old.

13. What Sonic product/people brought you to the franchise? My older brother had a Genesis with Sonic 1 in the original case, and I played it religiously every time we went to my grandmother's house.

14. Who are your top 3 favorite Sonic characters? Going up: Shadow, Tails and Eggman.

15. Who are you top 3 Sonic villians? Games only, going up: Eggman Nega, Chaos and Eggman.

16. Which 3 game villains (excluding Eggman) would you like to see return? Chaos, Eggman Nega and I guess Metal Sonic if they make him cool again.

17. Which 3 enemy types are your favorite (Classic Badnicks, Black Arms, Egg Pawns, etc.) Going up: GUN robots, Egg Pawns and Badniks.

18. Which, if any, entities (characters, locations, etc.) from other Sonic media would you want to see in the games? I want to see Sonic's world actually be named Mobius.

19. What Sonic product lines (games, shows, comics, etc.) do you purchase? The last game I bought was Generations, and I used to be subscribed to the Archie stuff before my subscription ran out about a year ago.

20. What is your favorite Sonic series (Archie, Boom, X, OVA, Sega!Sonic, etc)? To be perfectly honest I like the Archie comics better than the games themselves. But of course Sonic would be nothing without the games.

21. How many Sonic games have you played? Almost all of them. The only ones I haven't played off the top of my head are Knuckles Chaotix, Sonic 06, Black Knight and Lost World.

22. How many Sonic games have you owned? Aside from Sonic 1, I played all the classics via the Mega Collection. Everything else I've played I still have the physical copies for. I lost my copy of Sonic 1 a long time ago, but I actually have a cartridge of Sonic 2 now.

23. How many Sonic games have you completed the campaign (All Chaos Emeralds, Final Chapter, etc.)? All that I've played except for Unleashed and Colors, the latter of which I'm playing right now.

24. How many Sonic games have you %100ed (All A Ranks, All Emblems, etc.)? Generations and that's it. It's just not worth it otherwise.

25. Are you more likely to pre-order/ buy a Sonic game in the month of release, or wait? Wait, although I did preorder Generations.

26. Which game consoles (including handhelds,) do you own? NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, Xbox, 360, Wii, PS3, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, DS, DSi XL and PSP. Also a capable PC.

27. Which console do you have the most Sonic games for? Technically PS2 counting Mega Collection Plus.

28. Have you ever bought a console because of a Sonic game? No, but the Genesis my brother had gradually became mine since I played Sonic 1 all the time on it. I guess that sortof counts?

29. How do you interpret the Sonic canon (consider the classic games a different universe, believe in the distinction of two worlds in the Sonic universe, consider spin off games non-canon, hold Japanese instruction manuals over American, etc.)? The Sonic canon is an absolute mess, but I personally like to think the classic games are a different universe entirely.

30. What is your preferred name for Sonic’s world(s) (Earth, Mobius, Planet Freedom, etc)? Mobius.

31. What is the average amount of time you put into Sonic games? (not in a sitting, but over all) It takes me about an hour or so to beat any of the Genesis games. For 3D games it takes roughly 10 hours.

32. What Sonic have you clocked the most time into (state the amount)? Since it was the first Sonic game I ever played, Sonic 1. I played it every time we went to my grandmother's house, which was often, and I could never beat Labyrinth Zone until years later. I probably clocked weeks worth of time into that game in my childhood.

33. Where do you see the Sonic franchise in ten years? Either dead or developed by fans instead.

34. If you had the opportunity to give the Sonic brand to a different developer which would it be, if any? Nintendo.

35. What is your favorite interpretation of Sonic’s characterization? Honestly I think Sonic X characterized Sonic almost perfectly. I really like the Sonic OVA's version too.

36. What do you feel is Sonic’s current characterization? Honestly I think the HTF have hurt Sonic's likability. Now he's an annoying rat that acts like a rejected Looney Tunes character. I want to punch him in the face sometimes.

37. How many, if any, Sonic games are in your top ten favorite video games? One, and that's Sonic 3&K.

38. What has been your favorite Sonic cross-over/cameo to date (TMNT, Spawn, Zelda, etc)? I didn't even know there was a TMNT cameo. I guess Smash?

39. Which Sonic game/show has your favorite Soundtrack? That's really hard. I would say Generations, but that's too easy. I'm partial to Sonic Adventure and Sonic CD JPN.

40. What is are your 3 favorite Sonic song? Also difficult. Going up: "What I'm Made Of...", "Chosen One" and "Dreams of an Absolution (LB vs JS Remix)". I'm a big fan of techno over Crush 40, as much as I love them. Honorable mention goes to the unused tracks of Shadow The Hedgehog, "Broken" and "Who I Am" both of which I love, but they're not official Sonic songs.

41. What other video game franchise would you consider Sonic Team's greatest competition for your attention? NiGHTS.

42. What are your top 3 Sonic locations? Going up: Apotos, Little Planet and Angel Island.

43. What 3 Sonic zones would you like to see return in a Sonic game? White Acropolis, Egg Fleet and Marble Zone.

44. With what Sonic game have you encountered the most bugs? Sonic Adventure DX, definitely.

45. What Sonic game do you think deserves a (narrative) sequel? Sonic 4 Episode 2. In terms of story, it was just getting interesting.
Last edited by BlazeHeatnix on Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:39 pm, edited 33 times in total.
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen

Postby The Walking Hedgehog » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:07 pm

Current age: 17

1. What are your personal favorite 3 Sonic games? Sonic Heroes, Sonic Generations, and Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood

2. What are your least favorite 3 Sonic games? Sonic Unleashed, Sonic 4: Episode 1, and Sonic 3D Blast

3. What 3 Sonic games do you think are the best? Sonic Heroes, Sonic Generations, and Sonic 2

4. What 3 Sonic games do you think are the worst? Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Shuffle, and Sonic Advance 3

5. What Sonic game do you think is over hyped? Sonic Unleashed

6. What Sonic game was the most disappointing for you? Sonic Unleashed

7. What was your first Sonic game? Sonic 2 (Also my first video game EVER)

8. What is your favorite Sonic gameplay style (2D platformer, “Boost-to-win”, pet sim, RPG, etc.)? The "Heroes - 06" Style

9. What 3 gameplay styles would you like to see the Sonic brand go/return to? The "Heroes-06" Style, Telltale Style, and brawler style.

10. Which game incarnation of Sonic (Classic, Modern, Boom) is your favorite (stylistically)? Appearance wise, Boom.

11. Which incarnation of Sonic would you like to see return, or what new art style would you like to see? Make a Futuristic-like Sonic, similar to Tron of Zonic from the comics.

12. How many years have you been a Sonic fan? 15

13. What Sonic product/people brought you to the franchise? Sonic 2

14. Who are your top 3 favorite Sonic characters? Sonic, Tails, and Blaze

15. Who are you top 3 Sonic villians?Merlina, Eggman, and Mephilis

16. Which 3 game villains (excluding Eggman) would you like to see return?Ix, Mephilis, and Deadly Six

17. Which 3 enemy types are your favorite (Classic Badnicks, Black Arms, Egg Pawns, etc.) Sonic '06 Eggman robots, Black Arms, and Gaia Monsters.

18. Which, if any, entities (characters, locations, etc.) from other Sonic media would you want to see in the games? From the comics, put in Shard, the Freedom Fighters, and the Dark Egg Legion.

19. What Sonic product lines (games, shows, comics, etc.) do you purchase? Games and Comics primarily.

20. What is your favorite Sonic series (Archie, Boom, X, OVA, Sega!Sonic, etc)?Archie

21. How many Sonic games have you played?26

22. How many Sonic games have you owned?25

23. How many Sonic games have you completed the campaign (All Chaos Emeralds, Final Chapter, etc.)? 12

24. How many Sonic games have you %100ed (All A Ranks, All Emblems, etc.)?5

25. Are you more likely to pre-order/ buy a Sonic game in the month of release, or wait?Buy it shortly after release.

26. Which game consoles (including handhelds,) do you own? NES, SNES, N64, Wii, Wii U, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance (+SP), DS, DS lite, DSi, 3DS, New 3DS XL, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, PS Vita, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Sega Genesis, Sega CD

27. Which console do you have the most Sonic games for? Xbox 360

28. Have you ever bought a console because of a Sonic game?No

29. How do you interpret the Sonic canon (consider the classic games a different universe, believe in the distinction of two worlds in the Sonic universe, consider spin off games non-canon, hold Japanese instruction manuals over American, etc.)?Boom, the comics, X, and Underground, are different Zones, and all spinoffs are canon unless they are contradicted in other games.

30. What is your preferred name for Sonic’s world(s) (Earth, Mobius, Planet Freedom, etc)? Mobius

31. What is the average amount of time you put into Sonic games? (not in a sitting, but over all) at least 12 hours each

32. What Sonic have you clocked the most time into (state the amount)? Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (47 hours)

33. Where do you see the Sonic franchise in ten years?Having at least one movie, a Telltale Game, and giving Sonic and Co another redesign.

34. If you had the opportunity to give the Sonic brand to a different developer which would it be, if any? Telltale Games, so they can actually make a story focused Sonic game.

35. What is your favorite interpretation of Sonic’s characterization? Black Knight and Heroes version; Kind and caring, but still does good jokes.

36. What do you feel is Sonic’s current characterization? Snarky jerkface that cares about his friends.

37. How many, if any, Sonic games are in your top ten favorite video games?1, Sonic Heroes, which is my second favorite.

38. What has been your favorite Sonic cross-over/cameo to date (TMNT, Spawn, Zelda, etc)?With Megaman in the comics, and SSB4

39. Which Sonic game/show has your favorite Soundtrack? Heroes.

40. What is are your 3 favorite Sonic song? What I'm Made Of, His World (Zebrahead), and Free (Crush 40)

41. What other video game franchise would you consider Sonic Team's greatest competition for your attention? None, I only care about Sonic.

42. What are your top 3 Sonic locations?Soleanna, Station Square, and Lost Hex

43. What 3 Sonic zones would you like to see return in a Sonic game? The same three

44. With what Sonic game have you encountered the most bugs? Sonic '06

45. What Sonic game do you think deserves a (narrative) sequel? Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
The Walking Hedgehog
BumbleFan

Postby Ian PK » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:07 pm

Current age: 16

1. What are your personal favorite 3 Sonic games? Sonic Generations, Sonic Adventure, Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

2. What are your least favorite 3 Sonic games? Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Chronicles.

3. What 3 Sonic games do you think are the best? Overall? Sonic 2, 3&K, and Generations are probably the least flawed.

4. What 3 Sonic games do you think are the worst? See: least favorites.

5. What Sonic game do you think is over hyped? Sonic 1, without a doubt. It's really not that great of a game on its own, I only really enjoy half of it.

6. What Sonic game was the most disappointing for you? Sonic 06. Especially when I listen to the soundtrack, which has so much passion and effort put into it.

7. What was your first Sonic game? Sonic Heroes.

8. What is your favorite Sonic gameplay style (2D platformer, “Boost-to-win”, pet sim, RPG, etc.)? I find Sonic more enjoyable in 3D. The gameplay style isn't so big of a deal for me, as long as it controls well and there's good level design.

9. What 3 gameplay styles would you like to see the Sonic brand go/return to? Adventure, Boost, and Classic.

10. Which game incarnation of Sonic (Classic, Modern, Boom) is your favorite (stylistically)? Modern.

11. Which incarnation of Sonic would you like to see return, or what new art style would you like to see? I think Sega should go back to the original Japanese design of Classic Sonic whenever they bring out Classic. I'm not too big of a fan of the bright-blue "cutesy" version in Generations and Runners.

12. How many years have you been a Sonic fan? 11 years, I believe.

13. What Sonic product/people brought you to the franchise? Sonic X was my introduction to the series. I used to watch the 4Kids dub on Saturday mornings.

14. Who are your top 3 favorite Sonic characters? Sonic, Shadow, and Blaze.

15. Who are you top 3 Sonic villians? Eggman, Mephiles, and Metal Sonic (when he's used correctly, the best example being Heroes).

16. Which 3 game villains (excluding Eggman) would you like to see return? Metal Sonic (Heroes version, with an actual personality), Mephiles, and Finitevus (but we all know that's not happening).

17. Which 3 enemy types are your favorite (Classic Badniks, Black Arms, Egg Pawns, etc.) Badniks, Egg Pawns, and Metarex (do they count?)

18. Which, if any, entities (characters, locations, etc.) from other Sonic media would you want to see in the games? The Freedom Fighters would be cool to see, but I don't really care either way. The games have a substantial enough cast of characters.

19. What Sonic product lines (games, shows, comics, etc.) do you purchase? I buy anything Sonic-related I can get my hands on, but mainly I collect the comics and games.

20. What is your favorite Sonic series (Archie, Boom, X, OVA, Sega!Sonic, etc)? Nu252 Archie Sonic linked with SEGA!Sonic is my favorite version of the Sonic universe.

21. How many Sonic games have you played? Ummm... it might be easier to list the ones I haven't played, which is just a few spin-offs like Riders, R, Fighters, etc. I also haven't played either version of Lost World or Boom, since I don't own a 3DS or Wii U.

22. How many Sonic games have you owned? ^^^^

23. How many Sonic games have you completed the campaign (All Chaos Emeralds, Final Chapter, etc.)? Sonic Rush, Sonic Colors DS.

24. How many Sonic games have you %100ed (All A Ranks, All Emblems, etc.)? Sonic Generations. I collected all Red Star Rings, S-ranked every main act, and completed every mission.

25. Are you more likely to pre-order/ buy a Sonic game in the month of release, or wait? I would love to buy every game on release, but I usually wait for financial reasons.

26. Which game consoles (including handhelds,) do you own? I own a PS2, PS3, Wii, Dreamcast (I actually have 2), N64, Genesis, DSi, PSP, and a gaming PC (does that count?).

27. Which console do you have the most Sonic games for? Probably Wii. The only Sonic Wii games I don't have are the Olympics ones.

28. Have you ever bought a console because of a Sonic game? Yes. The main reason I bought a PS3 was for Generations.

29. How do you interpret the Sonic canon (consider the classic games a different universe, believe in the distinction of two worlds in the Sonic universe, consider spin off games non-canon, hold Japanese instruction manuals over American, etc.)? I wholeheartedly support holding the Japanese manuals as the highest form of canonical information in the classic games, and believe every game is in the same universe.

30. What is your preferred name for Sonic’s world(s) (Earth, Mobius, Planet Freedom, etc)? Mobius.

31. What is the average amount of time you put into Sonic games? (not in a sitting, but over all) A lot. Sonic games are my go-to when I just wanna relax and play a game. Just to give you an idea, I've only owned Sonic Generations on Steam since January of this year and I've logged 52 hours into it.

32. What Sonic have you clocked the most time into (state the amount)? Sonic Generations. 52 hours on Steam, probably thousands of hours on PS3.

33. Where do you see the Sonic franchise in ten years? I honesty don't know. With Sega's current situation and the split with Sonic Boom, it's really hard to say. Hopefully, Sega gets their act together sometime between now and then.

34. If you had the opportunity to give the Sonic brand to a different developer which would it be, if any? While I think Sonic Team should always develop the main Sonic games, a spin-off developed by Galaxy Trail, LakeFeperd, or even Nintendo would be interesting.

35. What is your favorite interpretation of Sonic’s characterization? Ian Flynn's/Sonic Unleashed and the Storybook games. (I think they're all pretty spot-on)

36. What do you feel is Sonic’s current characterization? I haven't seen Lost World's story, but as of Colors (Generations didn't really have enough of a story to judge), I thought Sonic's character was written pretty well.

37. How many, if any, Sonic games are in your top ten favorite video games? Sonic Generations, Sonic Adventure, and Sonic 3&K I would consider to be in my top 10.

38. What has been your favorite Sonic cross-over/cameo to date (TMNT, Spawn, Zelda, etc)? Worlds Collide! (haven't read Unite yet, so it might be getting topped soon)

39. Which Sonic game/show has your favorite Soundtrack? Ooh... this is tough. I'd either go with CD (both OSTs), SA1, 06, or Unleashed. They all have their own unique qualities and it's hard to pick a favorite.

40. What are your 3 favorite Sonic songs? Probably Crisis City, Endless Possibility, and Hydrocity Zone Act 2.

41. What other video game franchise would you consider Sonic Team's greatest competition for your attention? Rayman Origins holds the title of my favorite game ever, so definitely Rayman. I'm way more invested in Sonic, though, and that will never change.

42. What are your top 3 Sonic locations? Apotos, Angel Island (the entire island), and Crisis City.

43. What 3 Sonic zones would you like to see return in a Sonic game? None. I want to see new ideas. We've had enough callbacks.

44. With what Sonic game have you encountered the most bugs? I don't seem to have trouble with bugs for the most part. I feel inclined to say 06, but I can't recall encountering too many in that game.

45. What Sonic game do you think deserves a (narrative) sequel? SA2. I miss the darker plots. They're what separated Sonic from Mario in the Adventure days.
Ian PK
BumbleCitizen

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:01 pm

Sure, I'll bite.

Current age: Old enough to know better, young enough not to listen.

1. What are your personal favorite 3 Sonic games? Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Sonic Generations, Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

2. What are your least favorite 3 Sonic games? Sonic Unleashed (360/PS3), Sonic Dash, Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis.

3. What 3 Sonic games do you think are the best? Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Sonic Generations, Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

4. What 3 Sonic games do you think are the worst? Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis, Sonic 2006, Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric

5. What Sonic game do you think is over hyped? Reply hazy; check back later.

6. What Sonic game was the most disappointing for you? Sonic Unleashed.

7. What was your first Sonic game? Sonic the Hedgehog.

8. What is your favorite Sonic gameplay style (2D platformer, “Boost-to-win”, pet sim, RPG, etc.)? Oof. Either 2D platformer or "Boost to Win" 3D.

9. What 3 gameplay styles would you like to see the Sonic brand go/return to? Fighting (like Smash), racing (All-Stars), and RPG.

10. Which game incarnation of Sonic (Classic, Modern, Boom) is your favorite (stylistically)? I guess Modern in-game, though I do like Classic Sonic merchandise more.

11. Which incarnation of Sonic would you like to see return, or what new art style would you like to see? Classic.

12. How many years have you been a Sonic fan? All of them.

13. What Sonic product/people brought you to the franchise? First game via friends of mine.

14. Who are your top 3 favorite Sonic characters? Not counting Sonic? Tails, Knuckles, and Blaze.

15. Who are you top 3 Sonic villians? Eggman, Orbot, and Cubot.

16. Which 3 game villains (excluding Eggman) would you like to see return? Ummmmm... hmm. Oh! Eggman Nega, I guess. And Nack. Do Bean/Bark count?

17. Which 3 enemy types are your favorite (Classic Badnicks, Black Arms, Egg Pawns, etc.) Motobugs! Grounder and Redz are cool, too.

18. Which, if any, entities (characters, locations, etc.) from other Sonic media would you want to see in the games? Can I just say "the Archie comics stuff" and be done with it?

19. What Sonic product lines (games, shows, comics, etc.) do you purchase? Games and comics, books, occasionally toys. Don't really own any of the shows. I have some other odds and ends around. If I had the money, I'd have bought that Classic Sonic 3D glass I saw...

20. What is your favorite Sonic series (Archie, Boom, X, OVA, Sega!Sonic, etc)? Archie.

21. How many Sonic games have you played? Roughly 50-ish? 53 if we count the three Super Smash Bros. appearances.

22. How many Sonic games have you owned? Roughly... 41? Including titles featured in compilations, but not counting various ports of the same game.

23. How many Sonic games have you completed the campaign (All Chaos Emeralds, Final Chapter, etc.)? I'm not even sure. Six, maybe? Parameters are a little unclear. Does beating Sonic 1 but not having all the Chaos Emeralds count?

24. How many Sonic games have you %100ed (All A Ranks, All Emblems, etc.)? With help? One, maybe? Without? Probably zilch.

25. Are you more likely to pre-order/ buy a Sonic game in the month of release, or wait? Wait, if only due to money situations.

26. Which game consoles (including handhelds,) do you own? *deep breath* NES, Super NES, SEGA Genesis, Nintendo 64, PlayStation, Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, Wii, Wii U, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance SP, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, New Nintendo 3DS XL, PSP, iPhone 3, iPhone 5, PCs, Android tablet.

27. Which console do you have the most Sonic games for? Counting the Wii Mode? Probably maybe the Wii U?

28. Have you ever bought a console because of a Sonic game? Dreamcast.

29. How do you interpret the Sonic canon (consider the classic games a different universe, believe in the distinction of two worlds in the Sonic universe, consider spin off games non-canon, hold Japanese instruction manuals over American, etc.)? With a big bottle of ibuprofen by my side.

31. What is the average amount of time you put into Sonic games? (not in a sitting, but over all) Enough.

32. What Sonic have you clocked the most time into (state the amount)? No idea. Probably Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, though.

33. Where do you see the Sonic franchise in ten years? Still running in circles, though I hope I'm wrong.

34. If you had the opportunity to give the Sonic brand to a different developer which would it be, if any? Ian. I know he's not a developer, but if he owned the brand, I'm sure the rest would fall into place.

35. What is your favorite interpretation of Sonic’s characterization? Archie comics. I do kind of like Boom, though.

36. What do you feel is Sonic’s current characterization? Fonzic the Hedgehog.

37. How many, if any, Sonic games are in your top ten favorite video games? No idea. At least one or two, probably.

38. What has been your favorite Sonic cross-over/cameo to date (TMNT, Spawn, Zelda, etc)? Either Mega Man or Mario.

39. Which Sonic game/show has your favorite Soundtrack? Sonic Generations.

40. What is are your 3 favorite Sonic song? Live and Learn, All Hail Shadow, maybe Sonic X's Japanese theme?

41. What other video game franchise would you consider Sonic Team's greatest competition for your attention?

42. What are your top 3 Sonic locations? Star Light Zone, Green Hill Zone, Hidden Palace Zone.

43. What 3 Sonic zones would you like to see return in a Sonic game? Star Light Zone, Hidden Palace Zone, and does Wood Zone count?

44. With what Sonic game have you encountered the most bugs? Sonic 2006, if only because I've only played demos of Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric.

45. What Sonic game do you think deserves a (narrative) sequel? Mario & Sonic at the London Olympic Games.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Meliden » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:40 pm

Given their cameo in Generations, yes, they do count.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:45 pm

The hardest question has to be the top 3 vocal themes. I keep going back and changing my answer.
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius