The Sonic Census

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

The Sonic Census

Postby Spinehog » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:52 pm

Hey all,
Because of the many fractured parts of the Sonic fandom, it can be hard to know what the fanbase "as a whole" wants, or likes.

I've always wanted to see some more definitive data on the fandom's opinions and thought asking the questions myself would probably be the best way to get some answers.

Spoilered bellow are a bunch of questions I'd love to hear Bumblekings opinion on. (I'll be posting the questions on Reddit as well, but please don't double answer.)

Spoiler: show
Current age:

1. What are your personal favorite 3 Sonic games?

2. What are your least favorite 3 Sonic games?

3. What 3 Sonic games do you think are the best?

4. What 3 Sonic games do you think are the worst?

5. What Sonic game do you think is over hyped?

6. What Sonic game was the most disappointing for you?

7. What was your first Sonic game?

8. What is your favorite Sonic gameplay style (2D platformer, “Boost-to-win”, pet sim, RPG, etc.)?

9. What 3 gameplay styles would you like to see the Sonic brand go/return to?

10. Which game incarnation of Sonic (Classic, Modern, Boom) is your favorite (stylistically)?

11. Which incarnation of Sonic would you like to see return, or what new art style would you like to see?

12. How many years have you been a Sonic fan?

13. What Sonic product/people brought you to the franchise?

14. Who are your top 3 favorite Sonic characters?

15. Who are you top 3 Sonic villians?

16. Which 3 game villains (excluding Eggman) would you like to see return?

17. Which 3 enemy types are your favorite (Classic Badnicks, Black Arms, Egg Pawns, etc.)

18. Which, if any, entities (characters, locations, etc.) from other Sonic media would you want to see in the games?

19. What Sonic product lines (games, shows, comics, etc.) do you purchase?

20. What is your favorite Sonic series (Archie, Boom, X, OVA, Sega!Sonic, etc)?

21. How many Sonic games have you played?

22. How many Sonic games have you owned?

23. How many Sonic games have you completed the campaign (All Chaos Emeralds, Final Chapter, etc.)?

24. How many Sonic games have you %100ed (All A Ranks, All Emblems, etc.)?

25. Are you more likely to pre-order/ buy a Sonic game in the month of release, or wait?

26. Which game consoles (including handhelds,) do you own?

27. Which console do you have the most Sonic games for?

28. Have you ever bought a console because of a Sonic game?

29. How do you interpret the Sonic canon (consider the classic games a different universe, believe in the distinction of two worlds in the Sonic universe, consider spin off games non-canon, hold Japanese instruction manuals over American, etc.)?

30. What is your preferred name for Sonic’s world(s) (Earth, Mobius, Planet Freedom, etc)?

31. What is the average amount of time you put into Sonic games? (not in a sitting, but over all)

32. What Sonic have you clocked the most time into (state the amount)?

33. Where do you see the Sonic franchise in ten years?

34. If you had the opportunity to give the Sonic brand to a different developer which would it be, if any?

35. What is your favorite interpretation of Sonic’s characterization?

36. What do you feel is Sonic’s current characterization?

37. How many, if any, Sonic games are in your top ten favorite video games?

38. What has been your favorite Sonic cross-over/cameo to date (TMNT, Spawn, Zelda, etc)?

39. Which Sonic game/show has your favorite Soundtrack?

40. What is are your 3 favorite Sonic song?

41. What other video game franchise would you consider Sonic Team's greatest competition for your attention?

42. What are your top 3 Sonic locations?

43. What 3 Sonic zones would you like to see return in a Sonic game?

44. With what Sonic game have you encountered the most bugs?

45. What Sonic game do you think deserves a (narrative) sequel?

Feel free to ignore any questions you're not interested in answering, and please take note that I intend to record (anonymously) any answers I receive for the purpose of comparing and sharing online.

I'll be collecting the answers in (maybe?) aprox. 2 weeks from now. (longer if more questions are added last second, sooner if everyone who wants to answer has)

Bellow are my answers to the questions:

Current age: 19 years young

1. What are your personal favorite 3 Sonic games?
SA2:Battle SADX:Directors Cut and... maybe Sonic CD?

2. What are your least favorite 3 Sonic games?
Secret Rings, Lost World, and Sonic Runners.

3. What 3 Sonic games do you think are the best?
S3&K, CD, and S2.

4. What 3 Sonic games do you think are the worst?
Secret Rings, Lost World, and (tho' Ive never play) Free Riders.

5. What Sonic game do you think is over hyped?
Lost World.

6. What Sonic game was the most disappointing for you?
Sonic 06.

7. What was your first Sonic game?
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.

8. What is your favorite(s) Sonic gameplay style (2D platformer, “Boost-to-win”, pet sim, RPG, etc.)?
Adventure/06-style 3D Platformer by a long shot. But I've genuinely enjoyed them all other than Secret Ring's "On rails" style.

9. What 3 gameplay styles would you like to see the Sonic brand go/return to?
Adventure-style 3D Platformer (with modern polish of course), Chao Garden sim, and the boost games (maybe with a momentum system).

10. Which game incarnation of Sonic (Classic, Modern, Boom) is your favorite (stylistically)?
Modern, but I do like classic Sonic. Really not a fan of Boom at all.

11. Which incarnation of Sonic would you like to see return, or what new art style would you like to see?
I'd like to see a merging of the Classic and modern styles, like the Sonic Nendoroid

12. How many years have you been a Sonic fan?
10ish years.

13. What Sonic product/people brought you to the franchise?
Only had two tv channels and no game systems as a young kid, so finding a random episode of Sonic X one day lured me into the series, and a copy of the VHS Sonic OVA which I would rent every chance I got- got me hooked.

14. Who are your top 3 favorite Sonic characters?
Shadow, Blaze, and Emerl.

15. Who are you top 3 Sonic villians?
Chaos, Eggman, and Metal Sonic.

16. Which game villain(s) (excluding Eggman) would you like to see return?
Mephlise as Time Eater would be pretty awesome.

17. Which 3 enemy types are your favorite (Classic Badnicks, Black Arms, Egg Pawns, etc.)
Gizoids, E-100s, and GUN mechs.

18. Which, if any, entities (characters, locations, etc.) from other Sonic media would you want to see in the games?
The freedom fighters would be a cool addition to an RPG Sonic game. (Sonic Chronicles 2)

19. What Sonic product lines (games, shows, comics, etc.) do you purchase/participate in?
I buy most games, I've collected the pre-Nu Archie!Sonic comics, I have a few plushes, figures, and the pix'n'love, and I watch all the shows.

20. What is your favorite Sonic series (Archie, Boom, X, OVA, Sega!Sonic, etc)?
OVA.

21. How many Sonic games have you played? 39ish

22. How many Sonic games have you owned? 41ish

23. How many Sonic games have you completed the campaign (All Chaos Emeralds, Final Chapter, etc.)? 28.

24. How many Sonic games have you %100ed (All A Ranks, All Emblems, etc.)? only 1 I believe.

25. Are you more likely to pre-order/ buy a Sonic game in the month of release, or wait? I tend to buy main series in the first month if I have the console. otherwise I wait for Steam sales and discount bins.

26. Which game consoles (including handhelds,) do you own?
DS lite, Gameboy SP, Gamecube, PC, Wii, WiiU.

27. Which console do you have the most Sonic games for?
Gamecube.

28. Have you ever bought a console because of a Sonic game?
No. But when I do buy a system, its Sonic are usually some of the first games I buy.

29. How do you interpret the Sonic canon (consider the classic games a different universe, believe in the distinction of two worlds in the Sonic universe, consider spin off games non-canon, hold Japanese instruction manuals over American, etc.)?
I consider all Sonic games (excluding Boom) to be one canon, which of course requires some fudging.
Generally I hold Japanese canon over Western, main series over spin-offs and hand held, and SA1&2, Battle, Shadow, and Chronicles over all else.
Still trying to wrap my head around the whole "two worlds" debacle. For the time being I'm ignoring it, but I'll eventually sit down and try to plot out the canon with the idea of there being two planets in mind.

30. What is your preferred name for Sonic’s world(s) (Earth, Mobius, Planet Freedom, etc)?
Earth.

31. What is the average amount of time you put into Sonic games? (not in a sitting, but over all)
Under 10. probably about 7.

32. What Sonic have you clocked the most time into (state the amount)?
Both of the Sonic Adventure games I suspect I have over 300 hours.

33. Where do you see the Sonic franchise in ten years?
I see it more-or-less how it is now, whith a mix of good and bad games that keep Sonic alive, but not a big name in gaming.
I also suspect that no-matter how good Sonic games get, the baggage behind the name will mar the series.

34. If you had the opportunity to give the Sonic brand to a different developer which would it be, if any?
Out of curiosity I'd like to see a Nintendo Sonic game, but generally I'd prefer Sonic Team keep the franchise.

35. What is your favorite interpretation of Sonic’s characterization?
I always liked his over-the-top-cheesy 90's cool kid vibe. Sonic OVA probably got him best IMO.

36. What do you feel is Sonic’s current characterization?
I feel that Sonic has lost a great deal of his edge. With his aloof/jerkish behavior being replaced with pure heroism and bad jokes.

37. How many, if any, Sonic games are in your top ten favorite video games?
Sonic Adventure 1&2 for sure.

38. What has been your favorite Sonic cross-over/cameo to date (TMNT, Spawn, Zelda, etc)?
Sonic in Smash Bros.

39. Which Sonic game/show has your favorite Soundtrack?
Unleashed, if I had to pick.

40. What is are your 3 favorite Sonic song (stage music counts)?
Endless Possibilities, Supporting Me, and maybe... Escape from the City?

41. What other video game franchise would you consider Sonic Team's greatest competition for your attention?
Right now, the entire Nintendo Roster.
I've been putting allot of my gaming purchases Into virtual Console games instead of Sonic games missing in my library.

42. What are your top 3 Sonic locations?

43. What 3 Sonic zones would you like to see return in a Sonic game?

Sonic Heroes. I feel like I might be the only person to have had an absolutely glitch-ridden copy of this game.

Sonic Chronicles.

If you have any questions you think should be on the list, please mention them for my consideration!

TLDR: I got some Qs for you all. Thanks to all who answer!

Update 1:
-Questions numbered and bolded.
-Questions 42-45 added.
-Q.31 typo fixed
-Q.10&32 clarified
-Q.40 bumped from 1 song to 3
-Reddit version is on hold
Last edited by Spinehog on Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:36 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Spinehog
BumbleNoble

Re: The Sonic Census

Postby Daisetsu » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:05 am

Current age: 24

What are your personal favorite 3 Sonic games? Sonic 3, Generations and Colors

What are your least favorite 3 Sonic games? Labyrinth, Genesis and Blast (not 3D Blast)

What 3 Sonic games do you think are the best? 3, Generations and Colors

What 3 Sonic games do you think are the worst? Labyrinth, Genesis and '06

What Sonic game do you think is over hyped? Adventure 2

What Sonic game was the most disappointing for you? Adventure 2

What was your first Sonic game? Sonic 2 (might actually be 1 but I was too young to remember)

What is your favorite Sonic gameplay style (2D platformer, “Boost-to-win”, pet sim, RPG, etc.)? No preference, really, but if I had choose; 2D

What 3 gameplay styles would you like to see the Sonic brand go/return to? 2D and Generations; Adventure is also welcome

Which incarnation of Sonic (Classic, Modern, Boom) is your favorite? Classic, but that's just nostalgia speaking

Which incarnetion of Sonic would you like to see return, or what new art style would you like to see? Sonic's fine as is, so I don't really care if Classic doesn't come back as a main

How many years have you been a Sonic fan? Since '92

What Sonic product/people brought you to the franchise? Sonic 2

Who are your top 3 favorite Sonic characters? Sonic, Knuckles and (my mind's going blank, so...) Tails

Who are you top 3 Sonic villians? Eggman, Eggman Chaos and Eggman Metal Sonic

Which 3 game villains (excluding Eggman) would you like to see return? None, really... cause Metal Sonic keeps coming back...

Which 3 enemy types are your favorite (Classic Badnicks, Black Arms, Egg Pawns, etc.) Once again, no preferences

Which, if any, entities (characters, locations, etc.) from other Sonic media would you want to see in the games? the OVA characters

What Sonic product lines (games, shows, comics, etc.) do you purchase? Games and, sporadically the comics

What is your favorite Sonic series (Archie, Boom, X, OVA, Sega!Sonic, etc)? the games

How many Sonic games have you played? All except Shuffle, Shadow, '06, PS360 Unleashed, both Rivals, Lost World and Boom

How many Sonic games have you owned? Including re-releases (plus the TaxStealth ones and multiple copies), 20?

How many Sonic games have you completed the campaign (All Chaos Emeralds, Final Chapter, etc.)? Of the ones I own, all except Black Knight

How many Sonic games have you %100ed (All A Ranks, All Emblems, etc.)? Same as above but with Secret Rings, as well

Are you more likely to pre-order/ buy a Sonic game in the month of release, or wait? Wait, I never pre-order and I've only bought Generations the month of release

Which game consoles (including handhelds,) do you own? Genesis (CD and, once upon a time, 32X), Game Gear, PS1, Wii, Android Tablet and PC

Which console do you have the most Sonic games for? PC

Have you ever bought a console because of a Sonic game? Nope

How do you interpret the Sonic canon (consider the classic games a different universe, believe in the distinction of two worlds in the Sonic universe, consider spin off games non-canon, hold Japanese instruction manuals over American, etc.)? Japanese takes precedence, Classic and Modern in the same universe, Archie is obviously different, the only spin-offs that are canon are the ones mentioned/referenced in the main games and 90s cartoons (minus the OVA) don't exist.

What is your preferred name for Sonic’s world(s) (Earth, Mobius, Planet Freedom, etc)? Earth

What is the average amount of Sonic time you put into Sonic games? About 2 hours

What Sonic have you clocked the most time into (state the amount)? Well, Generations is at about 66 hours but I'm certain I've spent more time on Sonic 3

Where do you see the Sonic franchise in ten years? Still alive, at the very least

If you had the opportunity to give the Sonic brand to a different developer which would it be, if any? Nintendo, I guess

What is your favorite interpretation of Sonic’s characterization? The OVA

What do you feel is Sonic’s current characterization? A bad dude with attitude, also a freeloader

How many, if any, Sonic games are in your top ten favorite video games? At least one (Sonic 3)

What has been your favorite Sonic cross-over to date (TMNT, Spawn, Zelda, etc)? Worlds Collide or Unite

Which Sonic game/show has your favorite Soundtrack? Very hard to choose, but I might have to go with Colors

What is your favorite Sonic song? Kinda impossible to choose just one

What other video game franchise would you consider Sonic Team's greatest competition for your attention? Mario might be the closest

Edit: Somehow missed the very first one. Whoops...
Last edited by Daisetsu on Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daisetsu
BumbleNoble

Postby squeakyboots13 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:17 am

[quote="Spinehog"]
Current age: 22

What are your personal favorite 3 Sonic games?: 3 & Knuckles, Adventure 2, and Generations

What are your least favorite 3 Sonic games?: Sonic Chronicles, 3D Blast, and Tails' Skypatrol

What 3 Sonic games do you think are the best?: 3 & Knuckles, Colors, and Generations

What 3 Sonic games do you think are the worst?: Same as the least favorite games

What Sonic game do you think is over hyped?: Sonic Rush

What Sonic game was the most disappointing for you?: Rise of Lyric although I have yet to actually play it. I thought it was going to be a much better game than what we got.

What was your first Sonic game?: First game I played was either Sonic 2 or Adventure 2. First game I bought was Advance 1.

What is your favorite Sonic gameplay style (2D platformer, “Boost-to-win”, pet sim, RPG, etc.)?: The boosting gameplay as it was in Generations.

What 3 gameplay styles would you like to see the Sonic brand go/return to?: 2D Gameplay, Boosting gameplay, and Adventure gameplay.

Which incarnation of Sonic (Classic, Modern, Boom) is your favorite?: Modern though I like the other two as well.

Which incarnetion of Sonic would you like to see return, or what new art style would you like to see?: I'm fine with modern though I wouldn't mind seeing more games done in the Classic style alongside it.

How many years have you been a Sonic fan?: Nine

What Sonic product/people brought you to the franchise?: A fanmade flash animated series called Super Mario Bros. Z was what initially got me into the franchise.

Who are your top 3 favorite Sonic characters?: Sonic, Eggman, and Shadow.

Who are you top 3 Sonic villians?: Eggman, Scourge, and Mammoth Mogul

Which 3 game villains (excluding Eggman) would you like to see return?: Metal Sonic if he counts and Mephiles. Don't really care for anyone else.

Which 3 enemy types are your favorite (Classic Badnicks, Black Arms, Egg Pawns, etc.): Badniks, GUN Robots, and the robots from Sonic 06.

Which, if any, entities (characters, locations, etc.) from other Sonic media would you want to see in the games?: Nothing in particular.

What Sonic product lines (games, shows, comics, etc.) do you purchase?: Games, comics, dvd releases of tv shows, figurines, and t-shirts.

What is your favorite Sonic series (Archie, Boom, X, OVA, Sega!Sonic, etc)?: Archie

How many Sonic games have you played?: 52

How many Sonic games have you owned?: 50

How many Sonic games have you completed the campaign (All Chaos Emeralds, Final Chapter, etc.)?: Out of the games that have a campaign, 35.

How many Sonic games have you %100ed (All A Ranks, All Emblems, etc.)?: 17

Are you more likely to pre-order/ buy a Sonic game in the month of release, or wait?: Usually just buy it the day of release or whenever I can afford it. No preorder.

Which game consoles (including handhelds,) do you own?: Wii, Wii U, DS, 3DS, Genesis, and Xbox 360.

Which console do you have the most Sonic games for?: Gamecube/Wii

Have you ever bought a console because of a Sonic game?: I bought an Xbox 360 for Sonic Unleashed.

How do you interpret the Sonic canon (consider the classic games a different universe, believe in the distinction of two worlds in the Sonic universe, consider spin off games non-canon, hold Japanese instruction manuals over American, etc.)?: Every game except the Boom games take place in the same universe. Japanese manuals are more canon than American manuals.

What is your preferred name for Sonic’s world(s) (Earth, Mobius, Planet Freedom, etc)?: Either Earth or Mobius.

What is the average amount of Sonic time you put into Sonic games?: Varies between games. Some games are replayed often.

What Sonic have you clocked the most time into (state the amount)?: Probably Unleashed though I can't give a number of hours.

Where do you see the Sonic franchise in ten years?: Probably the same place it's in now.

If you had the opportunity to give the Sonic brand to a different developer which would it be, if any?: No clue.

What is your favorite interpretation of Sonic’s characterization?: Current Archie.

What do you feel is Sonic’s current characterization?: A guy who lives life on the fast lane and is also a bit of a joker.

How many, if any, Sonic games are in your top ten favorite video games?: Two or three.

What has been your favorite Sonic cross-over to date (TMNT, Spawn, Zelda, etc)?: Worlds Collide

Which Sonic game/show has your favorite Soundtrack?: Oh jeez. Uh... 3 & Knuckles.

What is your favorite Sonic song?: You can't expect people to narrow that down to just one. I'll just say City Escape.

What other video game franchise would you consider Sonic Team's greatest competition for your attention?: Mario would probably be the closest thing but they aren't really competing for me.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby Meliden » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:11 am

Current age: 23

What are your personal favorite 3 Sonic games? Sonic 2, Sonic Heroes, Chaotix

What are your least favorite 3 Sonic games? Sonic 3, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic Spinball

What Sonic game do you think is over hyped? Sonic Rush

What Sonic game was the most disappointing for you? Sonic Chronicles I guess

What was your first Sonic game? Sonic 2 through play, Sonic 1 through possession

What is your favorite Sonic gameplay style (2D platformer, “Boost-to-win”, pet sim, RPG, etc.)? 3D platforming that allows for exploration, whether that's SA style or Boost to Win

What 3 gameplay styles would you like to see the Sonic brand go/return to? Either of the above styles

Which incarnation of Sonic (Classic, Modern, Boom) is your favorite? Modern

Which incarnation of Sonic would you like to see return, or what new art style would you like to see? I wouldn't mind seeing how Sonic would handle a completely new art style as a one-off thing, probably relegated to a small spin-off

How many years have you been a Sonic fan? 22 years

What Sonic product/people brought you to the franchise? The classic games bar Sonic 3, then AoStH tided me over for the dry spell, then the comic/Sonic Heroes

Who are your top 3 favorite Sonic characters? Vector, Espio (note that they're tied), Tails

Who are you top 3 Sonic villians? Ifrit...Anton, Loot (okay I kinda don't have many options in the games)

Which 3 game villains (excluding Eggman) would you like to see return? Not really any of them :/

Which 3 enemy types are your favorite (Classic Badnicks, Black Arms, Egg Pawns, etc.) Badniks and Egg Pawns. No third

Which, if any, entities (characters, locations, etc.) from other Sonic media would you want to see in the games? Eh, none of them? Like I certainly appreciate other media characters and locations but I'm not that fussed about game presence for them. Even Anton has a lot of his niche filled already there

What are your top 3 Sonic locations? Seaside Hill (Generations), Speed Slider Zone and Speed Highway (Generations)

What Sonic zone would you like to see return in the next Sonic game? ...Eh, not fussed. As long as the new ones are fun to play in and explore

What Sonic product lines (games, shows, comics, etc.) do you purchase? The games, the Archie comic regularly, Sonic the Comic very occasionally, Boxset DVDs of the shows (except the OVA which was one DVD). I also buy general merchandise, but plushes and figures are my speciality. Anything with the Chaotix on is something I want though

What is your favorite Sonic series (Archie, Boom, X, OVA, Sega!Sonic, etc)? Sega!Sonic

How many Sonic games have you played? It'd be easier to count what I haven't played. The Waku Waku series, Sonic's Gameworld, Tails and the Music Maker, Sonic's Schoolhouse, Sonic Pocket Adventure, Sonic Shuffle, the mobile games before Sonic Dash, Sonic Runners, the Sonic Boom games. So about a dozen games.

How many Sonic games have you owned? Everything not included in that list above plus Sonic Shuffle and Tails and the Music Maker. Want to get Sonic's Schoolhouse someday though

How many Sonic games have you completed the campaign (All Chaos Emeralds, Final Chapter, etc.)? Not all the ones I own (Sonic Colours, Sonic Spinball and Sonic and the Secret Rings notably) but most.

How many Sonic games have you %100ed (All A Ranks, All Emblems, etc.)? Mean Bean Machine, Sonic 2, Chaotix, Sonic Rush. I think that's it

Are you more likely to pre-order/ buy a Sonic game in the month of release, or wait? The only Sonic game I pre-ordered was Sonic Generations because of the collector's edition Europe got. Otherwise, I try to buy as close to day 1 as possible

Which game consoles (including handhelds,) do you own? By my count, 15. Notable inclusions are a custom built Amiga from when my dad was still tinkering with that sort of stuff (so it ended up as a word processor as well as game console) and a Neo Geo Pocket

Which console do you have the most Sonic games for? Not certain, but it'll be a toss up between the PS2 and the DS. I even have the PS2 versions of Sonic Gems and Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity. The latter is rare and the former doesn't exist in America

Have you ever bought a console because of a Sonic game? Gamecube, PSP, PS3, Wii, Wii U...so yes. I do expand my collections later

How do you interpret the Sonic canon (consider the classic games a different universe, believe in the distinction of two worlds in the Sonic universe, consider spin off games non-canon, hold Japanese instruction manuals over American, etc.)? Mostly how Word of God goes, so the classics are in a different continuity (barring the main five which have been integrated), some modern spin-offs are non-canon (like Chronicles), consider the Japanese manuals closer to the game proceedings than the NA/EU ones because those are what the internationalisation were working off, and consider Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles as happening separately as opposed to the lock-on form. The two worlds thing I'd need more clearing up on precisely how it works.

What is your preferred name for Sonic’s world(s) (Earth, Mobius, Planet Freedom, etc)? Sonic's World, if that's what they're going with. Although I also call it Earth-91.

What is the average amount of Sonic time you put into Sonic games? Whatever it takes to get to completion. If I enjoy it, I'll invest time beyond that

What Sonic have you clocked the most time into (state the amount)? Look, I lost count on Sonic Heroes after the 99 hour thing elapsed early in my save file, but it's easily 1000+ at this point.

Where do you see the Sonic franchise in ten years? I dunno *shrug*

If you had the opportunity to give the Sonic brand to a different developer which would it be, if any? Not really any. Sonic has a kinda patchy history with other developers (sometimes its good, sometimes it's terrible).

What is your favorite interpretation of Sonic’s characterization? Eh, the cocky one who happens to also be really kind? His archetype puts me off him anyway, which is why other things lured me to the series.

What do you feel is Sonic’s current characterization? Not counting Sonic Boom, he's got a bit too much narm in the way of his humour and ego at the minute.

How many, if any, Sonic games are in your top ten favorite video games? Three, the ones listed in the favourites. Most of the competition is other mascot platformers (except Fur Fighters).

What has been your favorite Sonic cross-over to date (TMNT, Spawn, Zelda, etc)? I guess the Mario and Sonic series, because it actually does pay attention to the little things and it crosses over two franchises I have an interest in.

Which Sonic game/show has your favorite Soundtrack? Sonic Heroes has a lot of stellar tracks, but Chaotix has more standouts. I'll just take a stab with Heroes.

What is your favorite Sonic song? Team Chaotix. Were you expecting different?

What other video game franchise would you consider Sonic Team's greatest competition for your attention? Crash Bandicoot. Yeah, it doesn't have too much competition for my attention, although the Crash activity has actually been electric in the past week.

With what Sonic game have you encountered the most bugs? Uh, that's a hard one thinking about it. Might actually be Sonic Adventure, Sonic Heroes didn't glitch so much as some people have said for themselves, haven't played too much of Sonic '06 and not even touching Sonic Boom as a branch with a ten foot pole. The only reason I looked into the confirmation that Perci is a Bandicoot is because I can't turn down people who want information

What Sonic game do you think deserves a (narrative) sequel? Now this one's really hard to say. Sonic Heroes was enjoyable but relatively self-contained (aside from Team Dark's story which got a narrative sequel), I think we've had enough of Blaze's world to rule out Rush, Rivals became too much of a narrative mess by the second game, Sonic Chronicles has a terrible narrative which wrote them into a corner because you can't have characters age, and any other game beyond that is some simplistic that there's not much material to even follow up on. I'd rather an expansion of Generations in some form than a sequel.
Last edited by Meliden on Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby FancyFool » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:45 am

Current age: 20

What are your personal favorite 3 Sonic games? 1. Unleashed 2. Heroes 3. Generations.

What are your least favorite 3 Sonic games? Colors and Chronicles. Can't think of a third one.

What 3 Sonic games do you think are the best? 1. Unleashed 2. Sonic3&K 3. Generations

What 3 Sonic games do you think are the worst? 1. Sonic 06 2. Sonic Boom RoL 3. Free Riders

What Sonic game do you think is over hyped? Colors

What Sonic game was the most disappointing for you? Colors again

What was your first Sonic game? Sonic 3

What is your favorite Sonic gameplay style (2D platformer, “Boost-to-win”, pet sim, RPG, etc.)? 3D Platformer

What 3 gameplay styles would you like to see the Sonic brand go/return to? 3D Platformer, Pet Sim (for Chao Garden), and I guess Fighting (a la Battle)

Which incarnation of Sonic (Classic, Modern, Boom) is your favorite? Modern.

Which incarnetion of Sonic would you like to see return, or what new art style would you like to see? I'm interested in a game with Cel-Shading (not sure if it's actually been done before in a Sonic game).

How many years have you been a Sonic fan? 15-17

What Sonic product/people brought you to the franchise? Sonic 3

Who are your top 3 favorite Sonic characters? 1. Amy and Cream (yes, they both share a spot) 2. Tails 3. Sonic

Who are you top 3 Sonic villians? 1. Eggman 2. Metal Sonic 3. Captain Whiskers

Which 3 game villains (excluding Eggman) would you like to see return? 1. Fang the Sniper 2. Captain Whiskers 3. King Boom Boo

Which 3 enemy types are your favorite (Classic Badnicks, Black Arms, Egg Pawns, etc.) 1. Egg Pawns 2. Classic Badniks 3. Dark Gaia Spawn

Which, if any, entities (characters, locations, etc.) from other Sonic media would you want to see in the games? The Old Owl from the OVA would be a nice addition I guess :(hearty laughter):

What is your favorite Sonic series (Archie, Boom, X, OVA, Sega!Sonic, etc)? Used to be Sega!Sonic but the Archie series is becoming my favorite.

How many Sonic games have you played? 12

How many Sonic games have you owned? 13

How many Sonic games have you completed the campaign (All Chaos Emeralds, Final Chapter, etc.)? Sonic3&K, Heroes, Rush, and Rush Adventure.

How many Sonic games have you %100ed (All A Ranks, All Emblems, etc.)? None

Are you more likely to pre-order/ buy a Sonic game in the month of release, or wait? Normally I wait

Which game consoles (including handhelds,) do you own? Genesis/Mega Drive (though it no longer works), Nintendo 64, Gamecube, PS2, Wii, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, Gameboy Advanced, DS, and 3DS.

Which console do you have the most Sonic games for? DS/3DS

Have you ever bought a console because of a Sonic game? I guess technically the Xbox 360 since I wanted it so I could play PS360 Unleashed.

How do you interpret the Sonic canon (consider the classic games a different universe, believe in the distinction of two worlds in the Sonic universe, consider spin off games non-canon, hold Japanese instruction manuals over American, etc.)? Classic games are the childhood of the characters and the Modern games are the present time, I refuse to acknowledge that "two worlds" thing, I consider most spin-offs canon, and I definitely hold the Japanese manuals over their Western counterparts.

What is your preferred name for Sonic’s world(s) (Earth, Mobius, Planet Freedom, etc)? Earth

Where do you see the Sonic franchise in ten years? I want to believe that SEGA/Sonic Team gets their act together and Sonic becomes a respected franchise once again but most likely it will stay "mediocre," with the gaming community calling for its death, within ten years.

If you had the opportunity to give the Sonic brand to a different developer which would it be, if any? Platinum Games I guess. Those guys are really good at making awesomely insane games with incredible fast-paced action. The only problem is that their games are very combat heavy and while I don't oppose Sonic games having combat in them, obviously nobody else is gonna accept that.

What is your favorite interpretation of Sonic’s characterization? Adventures and/or Unleashed. I heard the Storybooks games are also excellent in regards to Sonic's character but I haven't played them.

How many, if any, Sonic games are in your top ten favorite video games? 2: Unleashed and Heroes

What has been your favorite Sonic cross-over to date (TMNT, Spawn, Zelda, etc)? World's Collide.

Which Sonic game/show has your favorite Soundtrack? I find myself listening to Heroes music the most so I guess Heroes

What is your favorite Sonic song? What I'm Made Of.

What other video game franchise would you consider Sonic Team's greatest competition for your attention? Pokemon. Whenever a new game is released I but it almost immediately and play it almost non-stop.
FancyFool
BumbleFan

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:47 am

I somehow doubt people will read those. Those lists are huge and reading one list after the other might get repetitive.

Current age: 21

What are your personal favorite 3 Sonic games?
Sonic Adventure (nostalgia), Battle(story) and Generations(gameplay)

What are your least favorite 3 Sonic games?
I only really hate most special stages like Advance series, Sonic 2 or Gamegear games
But I dislike Labyrinth (annoying), Olympics games(for not being a real crossover) and Rise of Lyric (Ok, this one I hate a little)

What 3 Sonic games do you think are the best?
While I agree that "favorite"and "best" isn't always a same thing, I can't answer this question. I didn't played them all.

What 3 Sonic games do you think are the worst?
Look above.

What Sonic game do you think is over hyped?
I think that Unleashed gets a little to much praise. Hub world still sucked and story wasn't that amazing.

What Sonic game was the most disappointing for you?
Sonic Heroes. I had strong hopes for it, but some parts really sucked (Chaotic missions, Metal turning into dragon).
But I still like some aspect of this game. Other worse games didn't hyped me in the first place.

What was your first Sonic game?
Sonic Adventure DX on PC... unless I plated SegaSonic the Hedgehog on arcade, I'm not sure.

What is your favorite Sonic gameplay style (2D platformer, “Boost-to-win”, pet sim, RPG, etc.)?
Adventure series (Sonic, not gimmicks that other had)

What 3 gameplay styles would you like to see the Sonic brand go/return to?
I would keep mixed thing like Generations did: some stages would be only 2D (genesis gameplay), some only 3D (adventures gameplay).

Which incarnation of Sonic (Classic, Modern, Boom) is your favorite?
Modern. I grew up with him.

Which incarnetion of Sonic would you like to see return, or what new art style would you like to see? I'm good.

How many years have you been a Sonic fan? "casual fan" for around 10, "hardcore fan" for only 2 (since 2013)

What Sonic product/people brought you to the franchise? Adventure DX and Sonic X, Sonic Heroes returned me to it.

Who are your top 3 favorite Sonic characters?
1 Metal Sonic 2 Shadow 3 Knuckles (If Metal doesn't count then add Elias Acorn)

Who are you top 3 Sonic villians?
1 Metal Sonic 2 Adam 3 Mephiles

Which 3 game villains (excluding Eggman) would you like to see return?
This questions get a bit repetitive... 1 Mephiles 2 Adam 3 Finitevus

Which 3 enemy types are your favorite (Classic Badnicks, Black Arms, Egg Pawns, etc.)
Meh, I don't know. Classic Badniks are cool, but waaay overused. I guess enemies from Shadow the Hedgehog

Which, if any, entities (characters, locations, etc.) from other Sonic media would you want to see in the games?
I'm okay with games making their own characters rather then using comics or cartoons.
But if I had to... Brotherhood of Metallix (Fleetway) and Captain Metal, maybe Finitevus and Enerjack

What Sonic product lines (games, shows, comics, etc.) do you purchase?
Games (although not as many as I want to) and comic. I watch cartoons, but I don't own any DVD

What is your favorite Sonic series (Archie, Boom, X, OVA, Sega!Sonic, etc)?
Archie for being about the stories, but Games have their advantages too.

How many Sonic games have you played?
22? Maybe a bit more

How many Sonic games have you owned?
Look above

How many Sonic games have you completed the campaign (All Chaos Emeralds, Final Chapter, etc.)?
I always aim for 100% completion, but those dang Special Stages...Around 12

How many Sonic games have you %100ed (All A Ranks, All Emblems, etc.)?
...5, I think

Are you more likely to pre-order/ buy a Sonic game in the month of release, or wait?
I'm a patient guy, I'll wait.

Which game consoles (including handhelds,) do you own?
Xbox 360, Wii, Gameboy Advance, PSP, PC

Which console do you have the most Sonic games for?
PC: Mega collection, all Steam games and Sonic R

Have you ever bought a console because of a Sonic game?
Yes. In the beginning PSP I had only both Rivals games and God of War tittles.

How do you interpret the Sonic canon (consider the classic games a different universe, believe in the distinction of two worlds in the Sonic universe, consider spin off games non-canon, hold Japanese instruction manuals over American, etc.)?
I use tiers, first are modern games, then Genesis games, then other classic games, then Japanise mannuals, then American, then trivia. Sometimes I bend rules, for logic sake. So no, I don't buy this 'two world' talk, I don't know why people even talk about it.

What is your preferred name for Sonic’s world(s) (Earth, Mobius, Planet Freedom, etc)?
There is ONLY Mobius. Other names don't count for me. (unless we talk specifically about OVA cannon or something like that).

What is the average amount of Sonic time you put into Sonic games?
...what? what 'sonic time'?... You mean how long I play or how fast I beat the game?.... I wouldn't know anyway.

What Sonic have you clocked the most time into (state the amount)?
Probably Generations, but I don't know the amount.

Where do you see the Sonic franchise in ten years?
Sigh, games will probably get sillier and sillier. Quality will vary from Generations to Rise of Lyric, but never as popular as classic. Games will keep being different, unless Sega breaks and start copying Nintendo; with "New Sonic the Hedgehog" tittles, being same game with new paint.
Comics will probably look similar it is now, only with more characters. Small chances for another tittle
I wouldn't be surprised if new cartoon would come out after the death of Sonic Boom.
I don't know what will happen to the movies.

If you had the opportunity to give the Sonic brand to a different developer which would it be, if any?
Any good name except of
Capcom: Because they don't care about their own mascot, they would forget about Sonic.
Nintendo: Games might be good, but they would start repeating same plots over and over. I don't want that.

What is your favorite interpretation of Sonic’s characterization?
Sonic from Adventures to Sonic 2006 (yes I said that). Maybe make him as funny as Flynn writes him, but less of this 'aware' humor. No 'lampshading' over and over.

What do you feel is Sonic’s current characterization?
In games? He's okay, but humor is terrible. I don't like his Boom version, it's too 'straight man'.

How many, if any, Sonic games are in your top ten favorite video games?
First place. Sonic is my favorite franchise of anything.

What has been your favorite Sonic cross-over to date (TMNT, Spawn, Zelda, etc)?
Sonic crossovered with TMNT? I like Smash Bros and that's it. I don't really like crossovers in comic and games didn't do anything cool.
If I could choose a franchise to cross I would pick (and I'm not kidding) My Little Pony. Not for game or a epic adventure, but for slice of life chilling story.
Or you know, a Mario game crossover.

Which Sonic game/show has your favorite Soundtrack?
Sonic Adventures.

What is your favorite Sonic song?
"Open your heart"

What other video game franchise would you consider Sonic Team's greatest competition for your attention?
...what competition? No one is even close.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:57 am

I'm uh... not good at concise answers

Current age: 32

What are your personal favorite 3 Sonic games?
Sonic Generations, Sonic Adventure DX, Sonic CD (though I havent played all of the mainline games so there are other games I might like better but cant judge)

What are your least favorite 3 Sonic games?
not sure. havent played any of the famously broken ones

What 3 Sonic games do you think are the best?
I'm not sure that there are any games that are objectively better than my personal favorites that I dont like as much for whatever reason

What 3 Sonic games do you think are the worst? n/a

What Sonic game do you think is over hyped? the Genesis games

What Sonic game was the most disappointing for you?
Sonic Adventure 2, because it has a lot of things I really like (the music, the goofy story, Shadow's animations and most of the voice actors) but I feel like all 3 types of gameplay in it are flawed in some major way (the speed stages are too easy to screw up and fall off the map, the mech stages are really slow and dull, the treasure hunter stages are so random that they take too long to finish)

What was your first Sonic game? Sonic 2 I think

What is your favorite Sonic gameplay style (2D platformer, “Boost-to-win”, pet sim, RPG, etc.)? boost

What 3 gameplay styles would you like to see the Sonic brand go/return to?
I'd like to see treasure hunter come back, because I felt it was the style most similar to N64 Platforming which is my favorite genre, but I'd like to see it made significantly less tedious. and of course we need Chao Gardens back. for the 3rd, another party game (or racing, or fighting) where Sega would have an excuse to use every available character that they've been neglecting for years

Which incarnation of Sonic (Classic, Modern, Boom) is your favorite?
modern, particularly the story-driven era of Adventure/Adventure 2/06/World Adventure

Which incarnetion of Sonic would you like to see return, or what new art style would you like to see?
bring back the story-driven stuff

How many years have you been a Sonic fan?
I was a fan when the franchise was new from like 1993 to 1997, but then dropped out until like 2013

What Sonic product/people brought you to the franchise?
I was curious about giving Sonic Adventure 2 a try after hearing the Pumpkin Hill music on youtube and finding out it was in a Knuckles' stage and wanted to know what a Sonic game with this kind of style must be like
edit - oh wait, I thought this question said which brought you "back" to the franchise, which would've been relevant given my answer to the previous question, but not relevant to most fans probably. well, I grew up in the 90s when Sonic marketing was at its peak, so I naturally just rode the wave

Who are your top 3 favorite Sonic characters?
Rouge, Shadow, and Knuckles... or Big... or Blaze... or

Who are you top 3 Sonic villians?
Mephiles, Void, Dark Gaia

Which 3 game villains (excluding Eggman) would you like to see return?
considering most of the villains never return, I'm not sure why this would be different from my favorites answer. I definitely would like Mephiles to come back (as his crystally form, with his backstory separated from Solaris if necessary to retain him)

Which 3 enemy types are your favorite (Classic Badnicks, Black Arms, Egg Pawns, etc.)
I sort of like seeing how Eggman's forces have evolved over time, it went from just random badniks (usually animal-based) to badniks that were more personalized to his aesthetic, starting with the Egg Robo, then the Egg Pawns, then all the various types introduced in Unleashed

Which, if any, entities (characters, locations, etc.) from other Sonic media would you want to see in the games?
nothing really, I'm more a fan of seeing how the game locations translate to other media, I like seeing what creatives can do with that rather than trying to see them make up their own thing to eschew the game world

What Sonic product lines (games, shows, comics, etc.) do you purchase?
comics, games, and occasionally toys

What is your favorite Sonic series (Archie, Boom, X, OVA, Sega!Sonic, etc)?
over-all, I like the story-driven games era (as mentioned before), but I also like the nu252 since it's basically the only Sonic media still giving us fresh content regularly (the games seem to have slowed to a trickle). and while it's not my favorite series, I do have to give mention to the OVA for being possibly the only piece of media to get Sonic's personality right (although the JP version of Sonic X wasn't too far off either)

How many Sonic games have you played?
um... at least 10? more if mobile games count, and possibly some I'm not specifically remembering right now

How many Sonic games have you owned?
I'm not sure if I've ever physically owned any, during the Genesis era I had an SNES and I'd play Sonic games at friends' houses. right now though I own all the Sonic stuff available on Steam and I'm going to look into tracking down the available Gamecube and Wii games next year maybe

How many Sonic games have you completed the campaign (All Chaos Emeralds, Final Chapter, etc.)?
I completed all the Genesis games as a kid, although I'm pretty sure I used a game genie to do so, don't remember for sure. I may have made it through a normal playthrough legitimately but I doubt I got the chaos emeralds without cheating. of the games I've played more recently, both Adventure games, Generations, and Sonic CD. I started a new playthrough of the Genesis games but left them hanging, I also tried playing Heroes and Riders but my version of Riders was broken, and playing the old PC port of Heroes that doesn't let you remap keys is really frustrating so I left it hanging too

How many Sonic games have you %100ed (All A Ranks, All Emblems, etc.)?
uh, probably none, except Sonic Generations. I've got all S ranks, red star rings, music tracks, skills, and artwork unlocked, (although only in the main stages, I dont have S ranks in all the side missions), the only thing I'm missing is one Steam achievement. I want to get all A ranks in the Adventure games to unlock Metal Sonic and Green Hill, but man those are hard

Are you more likely to pre-order/ buy a Sonic game in the month of release, or wait?
well, I usually dont own current gen consoles and I only got back into Sonic in 2013 and there havent been any significant releases since then, so I haven't had the chance to get any of them at the time of release. however, if they brought out a new boost-style game with a PC port, I would definitely consider buying it right when it comes out if I have the money to spare

Which game consoles (including handhelds,) do you own?
I currently have an N64, Gamecube, and Wii, and maybe some other things in storage that I don't recall offhand (I know I have not one, but 2 Game.com's). I used to have an Atari 2600, both versions of the NES, an SNES, and various Game Bricks and Gameboy Advances. oh I also have a DS Lite that someone gave me but I have no games for

Which console do you have the most Sonic games for?
PC

Have you ever bought a console because of a Sonic game?
not as of yet

How do you interpret the Sonic canon (consider the classic games a different universe, believe in the distinction of two worlds in the Sonic universe, consider spin off games non-canon, hold Japanese instruction manuals over American, etc.)?
I consider the games to be one big continuity, even if some of it only fits together nebulously, and I definitely hold the Japanese story over the American. I don't believe in the "two worlds" and I'm not sure if Classic Sonic is some kinda Doctor Who thing or if Sonic just grew up

What is your preferred name for Sonic’s world(s) (Earth, Mobius, Planet Freedom, etc)?
doesn't really matter. I guess I see it as an alternate universe version of Earth

What is the average amount of Sonic time you put into Sonic games?
hmm... between 10 and 30 hours maybe

What Sonic have you clocked the most time into (state the amount)?
Sonic Generations on PC, 166 hours lmao (granted, I probably wouldn't have sunk this much time without access to mods which only the PC version offers)

Where do you see the Sonic franchise in ten years?
unless Sega can pull out some kind of surprising comeback, probably stagnant unfortunately

If you had the opportunity to give the Sonic brand to a different developer which would it be, if any?
I dunno, I'm not sure if there's anyone else more suited to the style. I think the more pertinent issue is letting Sonic Team actually complete a game to fruition instead of rushing to fit an assigned released date like with Sonic Adventure or Sonic 06. back in the N64 days developers would push back release dates if the game still needed work, and that worked very well for games like Ocarina of Time and Banjo-Kazooie. go with that philosophy and see if it helps (unfortunately, at this point, no matter how polished a game might be, Sonic still has a lot of bad press to overcome before he could ever make a game sell as well as they did in the Genesis days)
edit - also, less about the developer but more about the story. if Sega is hesitant to return to the Sega of Japan/Sonic Team driven stories after the flops of 06 and Unleashed, I would at least like to see them give someone else a chance to write a story rather than the light fluff Pontac and Graff have been giving us, and I can think of no one better for the material than Ian Flynn :wink:

What is your favorite interpretation of Sonic’s characterization?
the OVA

What do you feel is Sonic’s current characterization?
just kind of a generic good guy who's laid back and tells jokes. this is similar to what his old Sega of Japan characterization was intended to be, but back then he was more of an impatient guy who wasn't necessarily friendly and kind to everyone and that made him more interesting. I do have to say I kind of like the direction the Sonic Boom cartoon seems to be going, while the early episodes were a bit generic, recently he seems to have become more easily bothered by pet peeves, more callous and disinterested in things that don't directly concern him, a bit self-centered and prone to making mistakes through either arrogance or absent-mindedness. while this isnt necessarily the same as the old Sonic, it's more dynamic and relatable than the current one

How many, if any, Sonic games are in your top ten favorite video games?
Generations for sure. not sure if there are any others but I'm also not sure I have a definitive top 10. Generations is definitely in my top 4 though

What has been your favorite Sonic cross-over to date (TMNT, Spawn, Zelda, etc)?
uh, I haven't read any of the old ones (is the Zelda one referring to the Lost World DLC, cos I wasn't aware of any like, actual storyline crossover?) but I'm currently enjoying Worlds Unite

Which Sonic game/show has your favorite Soundtrack?
hoo boy, music is probably the best thing Sonic has going for it so narrowing that one down is tough. Sonic CD JP is a dang near masterpiece, I'd love to see Sonic Team bring back Hataya Naofumi to try and capture that kind of 90s r&b funkiness again. however I also really like the drum & bass stuff that Ohtani Tomoya has done with the more recent games, especially with the mix of different cultural themes in Unleashed. and I love how Adventure 2 gave each character their own genre to explore their personalities. and I loved the use of Naganuma Hideki of Jet Set Radio fame for Sonic Rush. Sonic Riders and Sonic R and Sonic & the Secret Rings were also really good.

What is your favorite Sonic song?
again, narrowing it down to just one is dang near impossible. if by Songs you mean the vocal themes and not just the stage music (I guess those would be compositions, not songs), even then it's difficult to narrow down because almost all of them are very catchy. "Open Your Heart" might be the one I find myself singing the most, although "What I'm Made Of" and "Endless Possibilities" aren't far behind. acually, "Dear My Friend" might be my most favorite if I had to pick one, but like, "Throw it All Away," "Unknown from ME (SA2 version)," "Escape from the City," "Catch Me If You Can," they're all so dang good

What other video game franchise would you consider Sonic Team's greatest competition for your attention?
uh, I think the only other one I've played is NiGHTS into Dreams. sorry Phantasy Star. although I do want to get Billy Hatcher for my Gamecube and see what it's all about
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby PeléPelé06 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:47 pm

Current age: 21

1. What are your personal favorite 3 Sonic games? - Sonic 2, Sonic CD and Sonic Adventure

3. What 3 Sonic games do you think are the best? - Sonic 2, Sonic CD, Sonic Colors

4. What 3 Sonic games do you think are the worst? - Secret Rings, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic 06

5. What Sonic game do you think is over hyped? - Sonic 3 & Knuckles

6. What Sonic game was the most disappointing for you? - Sonic and the Secret Rings

7. What was your first Sonic game? - Sonic the Fighters (Very Breifly), Sonic Adventure (First one I owned)

8. What is your favorite Sonic gameplay style (2D platformer, “Boost-to-win”, pet sim, RPG, etc.)? - Classic-Era 2D platformer

9. What 3 gameplay styles would you like to see the Sonic brand go/return to? - Adventure-Era level design (with Modern sensibilities) + modified Lost World controls/engine, Classic-Era 2D platforming, Improved Sonic Riders (original) racing

10. Which incarnation of Sonic (Classic, Modern, Boom) is your favorite? - Modern

12. How many years have you been a Sonic fan? - 15+

13. What Sonic product/people brought you to the franchise? - Sonic Adventure

14. Who are your top 3 favorite Sonic characters? - Sonic, Eggman and Knuckles(when done right)

15. Who are your top 3 Sonic villians? - Eggman, Zavok, Zor

16. Which 3 game villains (excluding Eggman) would you like to see return? - Metal Sonic, Deadly Six, and Wendy Witchcart

17. Which 3 enemy types are your favorite (Classic Badniks, Black Arms, Egg Pawns, etc.) - Classic Badniks, Ghosts, GUN Army

19. What Sonic product lines (games, shows, comics, etc.) do you purchase? - Games, TV shows, and comics

20. What is your favorite Sonic series (Archie, Boom, X, OVA, Sega!Sonic, etc)? - The original SEGA games

21. How many Sonic games have you played? - 51

22. How many Sonic games have you owned? - 47

23. How many Sonic games have you completed the campaign (All Chaos Emeralds, Final Chapter, etc.)? - 24

24. How many Sonic games have you 100%-ed (All A Ranks, All Emblems, etc.)? - 9

25. Are you more likely to pre-order/ buy a Sonic game in the month of release, or wait? - Wait, usually a year or two

26. Which game consoles (including handhelds,) do you own? - Nintendo DS, Wii U, PlayStation 3, PC

27. Which console do you have the most Sonic games for? - PC

28. Have you ever bought a console because of a Sonic game? - Yes

32. What Sonic have you clocked the most time into (state the amount)? - Sonic Adventure, don't know the exact amount

34. If you had the opportunity to give the Sonic brand to a different developer which would it be, if any? - Nintendo

35. What is your favorite interpretation of Sonic’s characterization? - Ian's run on the comics

37. How many, if any, Sonic games are in your top ten favorite video games? - Ten ( :wink: )

38. What has been your favorite Sonic cross-over to date (TMNT, Spawn, Zelda, etc)? - Super Smash Bros.

39. Which Sonic game/show has your favorite Soundtrack? - Sonic Heroes

40. What is your favorite Sonic song? - Focusing on vocal tracks here (too many great songs to choose from otherwise): It Doesn't Matter (SA1 version, as a Video Game Song), Fly in the Freedom (as a Song)

41. What other video game franchise would you consider Sonic Team's greatest competition for your attention? - Kingdom Hearts, but to be fair I'm way more into Sonic

42. What are your top 3 Sonic locations? - Station Square, Angel Island and Blaze's World

Also I wanna say that I've enjoyed pretty much every Sonic game that I've ever played (haven't gotten to either of the Boom games and a few others, yet), but if I had to list the ones that I objectively (sort of) thought were textbook "the worst" of the series, it'd be the ones I listed.
Last edited by PeléPelé06 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeléPelé06
BumbleFan

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:09 pm

Current age: 24

What are your personal favorite 3 Sonic games? Generations, Colors and SA1

What are your least favorite 3 Sonic games? SA2, Riders and Shadow (Although I don't hate it as much as everyone else)

What 3 Sonic games do you think are the best? These Are

What 3 Sonic games do you think are the worst? Kind of the Same Question aren't they?

What Sonic game do you think is over hyped? Sonic Adventure 2

What Sonic game was the most disappointing for you? Sonic Riders

What was your first Sonic game? Sonic Adventure 2 (Yeah I don't think it's aged very well)

What is your favorite Sonic gameplay style (2D platformer, “Boost-to-win”, pet sim, RPG, etc.)? I do like how Adventure era Sonic controlled.

What 3 gameplay styles would you like to see the Sonic brand go/return to? Adventure Style, Maybe a hint of the 2.5D style and maybe try an open world map with missions and stuff.

Which incarnation of Sonic (Classic, Modern, Boom) is your favorite? I like the Modern Games and Boom equally.

Which incarnetion of Sonic would you like to see return, or what new art style would you like to see? Honestly I'm happy with the series as it is.

How many years have you been a Sonic fan? Oh, man I honestly can't remember. I think I was introduced to SA2 in 2002 so about 14 years or so.

What Sonic product/people brought you to the franchise? The Games although I did watch reruns of AoSTH on Toon Disney.

Who are your top 3 favorite Sonic characters? Rouge The Bat, Bunnie Rabbot and Sonic himself

Who are you top 3 Sonic villians? Eggman (Games, AoSTH, X and Boom version SatAM Robotnik is dull), Merina, Bean the Dynamite Duck

Which 3 game villains (excluding Eggman) would you like to see return? Merina, Bean (Hopefully in his Archie style) and Nega (He had a lot of potential if people actually did something with him)

Which 3 enemy types are your favorite (Classic Badnicks, Black Arms, Egg Pawns, etc.) Crabmeat, Egg Pawns and Buzzbombers

Which, if any, entities (characters, locations, etc.) from other Sonic media would you want to see in the games? Knothole we be a pretty nice hub.

What Sonic product lines (games, shows, comics, etc.) do you purchase? Comics and shows. I've not been able to buy a game since generations

What is your favorite Sonic series (Archie, Boom, X, OVA, Sega!Sonic, etc)? Boom and the comics

How many Sonic games have you played? Not counting Mega Collection Gems or the DS Colors 15

How many Sonic games have you owned? 19 counting Both Mega Collections Gems and DS Colors

How many Sonic games have you completed the campaign (All Chaos Emeralds, Final Chapter, etc.)? 3

How many Sonic games have you %100ed (All A Ranks, All Emblems, etc.)? 0

Are you more likely to pre-order/ buy a Sonic game in the month of release, or wait? Wait

Which game consoles (including handhelds,) do you own? DS, PSP, PS2 and my brother has a Wii, Xbox 360 and 3DS. Can you tell I don't have money. :(hearty laughter):

Which console do you have the most Sonic games for? Gamecube.

Have you ever bought a console because of a Sonic game? Not Really. Kingdom Hearts though? Totally.

How do you interpret the Sonic canon (consider the classic games a different universe, believe in the distinction of two worlds in the Sonic universe, consider spin off games non-canon, hold Japanese instruction manuals over American, etc.)? As far as I'm concerned the Games are one singular continuity and Izuka was mistranslated.

What is your preferred name for Sonic’s world(s) (Earth, Mobius, Planet Freedom, etc)? I Really Don't Care. I use Mobius from time to time but I really don't think it matters.

What is the average amount of Sonic time you put into Sonic games? A few Hours at a time.

What Sonic have you clocked the most time into (state the amount)? I don't know man I don't time myself.

Where do you see the Sonic franchise in ten years? Probably about the same. Releasing pretty good games that people hate for one reason or another.

If you had the opportunity to give the Sonic brand to a different developer which would it be, if any? No one. I think Sega actually hasn't been doing that bad.

What is your favorite interpretation of Sonic’s characterization? Flynn's + Modern Games/Boom

What do you feel is Sonic’s current characterization? Great In My Opinion.

How many, if any, Sonic games are in your top ten favorite video games? I don't really have a top ten favorite video games list.

What has been your favorite Sonic cross-over to date (TMNT, Spawn, Zelda, etc)? Worlds Collide. I haven't been able to read most of Unite.

Which Sonic game/show has your favorite Soundtrack? ...That's like asking me to pick my favorite child.

What is your favorite Sonic song? See Above.

What other video game franchise would you consider Sonic Team's greatest competition for your attention? I really wouldn't say anyone's fighting for my attention. I like a lot of things.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Spinehog » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:52 pm

Meliden wrote:PS The location questions aren't present in the template.

Woops good catch. Fixed

Update 1:
-Questions numbered and bolded.
-Questions 42-45 added.
-Q.10 separated into two questions: (Q.10 and Q.44 respectively)
-Q.31 typo fixed
-Q.40 bumped from 1 song to 3
-Reddit version is on hold

Questions 42-44:

42. What is your top 3 Sonic locations?

43. What 3 Sonic zones would you like to see return in the next Sonic game?

Spinehog
BumbleNoble

Postby squeakyboots13 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:58 pm

Updated answers:

1. What are your personal favorite 3 Sonic games? 3 & Knuckles, Adventure 2, and Generations

2. What are your least favorite 3 Sonic games? Sonic Chronicles, 3D Blast, and Tails' Skypatrol

3. What 3 Sonic games do you think are the best? 3 & Knuckles, Colors, and Generations

4. What 3 Sonic games do you think are the worst? Same as the least favorite games

5. What Sonic game do you think is over hyped? Sonic Rush

6. What Sonic game was the most disappointing for you? Rise of Lyric although I have yet to actually play it. I thought it was going to be a much better game than what we got.

7. What was your first Sonic game? First game I played was either Sonic 2 or Adventure 2. First game I bought was Advance 1.

8. What is your favorite Sonic gameplay style (2D platformer, “Boost-to-win”, pet sim, RPG, etc.)? The boosting gameplay as it was in Generations.

9. What 3 gameplay styles would you like to see the Sonic brand go/return to? 2D Gameplay, Boosting gameplay, and Adventure gameplay.

10. Which game incarnation of Sonic (Classic, Modern, Boom) is your favorite (stylistically)? Modern though I like the other two as well.

11. Which incarnation of Sonic would you like to see return, or what new art style would you like to see? I'm fine with modern though I wouldn't mind seeing more games done in the Classic style alongside it.

12. How many years have you been a Sonic fan? Nine

13. What Sonic product/people brought you to the franchise? A fanmade flash animated series called Super Mario Bros. Z was what initially got me into the franchise.

14. Who are your top 3 favorite Sonic characters? Sonic, Eggman, and Shadow

15. Who are you top 3 Sonic villians? Eggman, Scourge, and Mammoth Mogul

16. Which 3 game villains (excluding Eggman) would you like to see return? Metal Sonic if he counts and Mephiles. Don't really care for anyone else.

17. Which 3 enemy types are your favorite (Classic Badnicks, Black Arms, Egg Pawns, etc.) Badniks, GUN Robots, and the robots from Sonic 06.

18. Which, if any, entities (characters, locations, etc.) from other Sonic media would you want to see in the games? Nothing in particular.

19. What Sonic product lines (games, shows, comics, etc.) do you purchase? Games, comics, dvd releases of tv shows, figurines, and t-shirts.

20. What is your favorite Sonic series (Archie, Boom, X, OVA, Sega!Sonic, etc)? Archie

21. How many Sonic games have you played? 52

22. How many Sonic games have you owned? 50

23. How many Sonic games have you completed the campaign (All Chaos Emeralds, Final Chapter, etc.)? Out of the games that have a campaign, 35.

24. How many Sonic games have you %100ed (All A Ranks, All Emblems, etc.)? 17

25. Are you more likely to pre-order/ buy a Sonic game in the month of release, or wait? Usually just buy it the day of release or whenever I can afford it. No preorder.

26. Which game consoles (including handhelds,) do you own? Wii, Wii U, DS, 3DS, Genesis, and Xbox 360.

27. Which console do you have the most Sonic games for? Gamecube/Wii

28. Have you ever bought a console because of a Sonic game? I bought an Xbox 360 for Sonic Unleashed.

29. How do you interpret the Sonic canon (consider the classic games a different universe, believe in the distinction of two worlds in the Sonic universe, consider spin off games non-canon, hold Japanese instruction manuals over American, etc.)? Every game except the Boom games take place in the same universe. Japanese manuals are held over American manuals.

30. What is your preferred name for Sonic’s world(s) (Earth, Mobius, Planet Freedom, etc)? Earth or Mobius

31. What is the average amount of time you put into Sonic games? (not in a sitting, but over all) Varies between games. Some games are replayed often.

32. What Sonic have you clocked the most time into (state the amount)? Probably Unleashed though I can't give a number of hours.

33. Where do you see the Sonic franchise in ten years? Probably the same state it's in now.

34. If you had the opportunity to give the Sonic brand to a different developer which would it be, if any? No Clue

35. What is your favorite interpretation of Sonic’s characterization? Current Archie

36. What do you feel is Sonic’s current characterization? "Just a guy who loves adventure." A guy who lives life on the fast lane and is also a bit of a joker.

37. How many, if any, Sonic games are in your top ten favorite video games? Two or three

38. What has been your favorite Sonic cross-over/cameo to date (TMNT, Spawn, Zelda, etc)? Worlds Collide

39. Which Sonic game/show has your favorite Soundtrack? 3 & Knuckles

40. What is are your 3 favorite Sonic song? City Escape, Rooftop Run Day, and Sonic 3's Boss Theme

41. What other video game franchise would you consider Sonic Team's greatest competition for your attention? Mario would probably be the closest thing but they aren't really competing for me.

42. What are your top 3 Sonic locations? Flying Battery Zone, Spagonia, and City Escape

43. What 3 Sonic zones would you like to see return in a Sonic game? Unless they make Generations 2, I'd rather see completely new locations.

44. With what Sonic game have you encountered the most bugs? Sonic and the Secret Rings

45. What Sonic game do you think deserves a (narrative) sequel? Sonic 4: Episode II
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby PeléPelé06 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:01 pm

Edited my post above.
PeléPelé06
BumbleFan

Postby N'egga Man » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:43 pm

Guess I can give some of my thoughts:

Current age: 19

1. What are your personal favorite 3 Sonic games? Sonic 2, Rush Adventure, and Generations

2. What are your least favorite 3 Sonic games? (Of the ones I've played) Sonic 1, Lost World, and Shadow the Hedgehog

3. What 3 Sonic games do you think are the best? Sonic 3, Sonic CD, and Generations

4. What 3 Sonic games do you think are the worst? Sonic '06, Sonic Genesis, and either Lost World (3DS) or Boom: Rise of Lyric

5. What Sonic game do you think is over hyped? Sonic Colours

6. What Sonic game was the most disappointing for you? Sonic Adventure 2

7. What was your first Sonic game? Either Sonic & Knuckles (PC) or Sonic Heroes (...PS2)

8. What is your favorite Sonic gameplay style (2D platformer, “Boost-to-win”, pet sim, RPG, etc.)? Both 2D and 3D platforming, though I've also grown rather fond of the "Boost-To-Win" style too.

9. What 3 gameplay styles would you like to see the Sonic brand go/return to? I'd like to see more Boost-style gameplay, but maybe with some elements of Lost World's Parkour system implemented. Either that, or something like the Adventure-style gameplay, but more refined.

10. Which game incarnation of Sonic (Classic, Modern, Boom) is your favorite (stylistically)? I'd say Modern, but I also like the other two design-wise.

11. Which incarnation of Sonic would you like to see return, or what new art style would you like to see? I might sound nostalgia-blind for saying this (even though I came in at the Modern era) but I'd like to see Classic Sonic being used for 2D platformers, and the more light-hearted stories, while Modern is used for the 3D platforming, more story-driven games. Boom Sonic might fall in-between those catagories.

12. How many years have you been a Sonic fan? I'd like to say just over 10 years now, but it's probably more like "since 2008".

13. What Sonic product/people brought you to the franchise? When I was young, I ended up buying Sonic Heroes on the PS2, and enjoyed it (not knowing how TERRIBLE that version really is). But I stopped playing them soon (it was the beginning of the 'Dark Age', after all) and didn't really get involved with the franchise again until Sonic Unleashed.

14. Who are your top 3 favorite Sonic characters? Sonic, Knuckles, and Metal Sonic

15. Who are you top 3 Sonic villians? Eggman, Metal Sonic, and... Eggman Nega, I guess?

16. Which 3 game villains (excluding Eggman) would you like to see return? Well, Metal Sonic's been appearing a lot lately, and I'm probably one of the only people who'd actually like to see Nega return. But for a third option... maybe the Deadly Six, if they actually had personality?

17. Which 3 enemy types are your favorite (Classic Badniks, Black Arms, Egg Pawns, etc.) Badniks and Egg Pawns, definitely. Can't really think of anyone else who'd still work, though.

18. Which, if any, entities (characters, locations, etc.) from other Sonic media would you want to see in the games? Well... maybe some small nods to the Freedom Fighters, but nothing major. Though honestly, I much prefer each version keeping its own unique areas.

19. What Sonic product lines (games, shows, comics, etc.) do you purchase? Comics when I can, and the games if I have enough interest.

20. What is your favorite Sonic series (Archie, Boom, X, OVA, Sega!Sonic, etc)? I'd probably go with (current) Archie right now, with Boom a close second. I still enjoy most of the games, though.

21. How many Sonic games have you played? Let's see... about 25, I think.

22. How many Sonic games have you owned? I currently own about 8.

23. How many Sonic games have you completed the campaign (All Chaos Emeralds, Final Chapter, etc.)? 20

24. How many Sonic games have you %100ed (All A Ranks, All Emblems, etc.)? Only 12

25. Are you more likely to pre-order/ buy a Sonic game in the month of release, or wait? I usually wait for some (mostly un-biased) reviews before purchasing.

26. Which game consoles (including handhelds,) do you own? PS3, Wii, 3DS, PSP and a Mega Drive.

27. Which console do you have the most Sonic games for? The Mega Drive.

28. Have you ever bought a console because of a Sonic game? Maybe the Mega Drive, to some extent, but I got some other games for it too.

29. How do you interpret the Sonic canon (consider the classic games a different universe, believe in the distinction of two worlds in the Sonic universe, consider spin off games non-canon, hold Japanese instruction manuals over American, etc.)? I consider most classic and modern games as taking place withing the same world, just different locations. Some games are just a "What If?" scenario, namely when there are two versions of the same game (Colours and Generations, for example).

30. What is your preferred name for Sonic’s world(s) (Earth, Mobius, Planet Freedom, etc)? Either Mobius or Earth, I'm not too fussy.

31. What is the average amount of time you put into Sonic games? (not in a sitting, but over all) If I'm not busy, then a good couple of hours a day.

32. What Sonic have you clocked the most time into (state the amount)? I don't have any exact amount, but I've definitely sunk more time into Sonic Generations than any other Sonic game.

33. Where do you see the Sonic franchise in ten years? Hard to tell. Could be good, could be bad... small chance he'll be 'dead'. The franchise is such a roller-coaster of "now it's good, now it sucks" that Sonic could be absolutely anywhere in that time.

34. If you had the opportunity to give the Sonic brand to a different developer which would it be, if any? Hmm... I dunno, really. I mean, it might be cool to see what Insomniac Games (Classic Spyro, Ratchet & Clank) could do. Though some crazy part of me really wants to see what a Sonic game made by Platinum Games (Bayonetta, Wonderful 101) would look like.

35. What is your favorite interpretation of Sonic’s characterization? Probably Archie's version. Despite being part of a bigger team, he still does things his own way, to some extent. Also, his cocky attitude with the other characters is always fun to watch.

36. What do you feel is Sonic’s current characterization? Free as he can be, he doesn't really like taking orders, can be hasty in his decisions, and while he'll still crack a few jokes when fighting his enemies, he knows when things are no longer a laughing matter, and is determined to get things back to normal.

37. How many, if any, Sonic games are in your top ten favorite video games? I'd say all three of my top 3 favourites are in there somewhere.

38. What has been your favorite Sonic cross-over/cameo to date (TMNT, Spawn, Zelda, etc)? Worlds Collide (with Mega Man) easily.

39. Which Sonic game/show has your favorite Soundtrack? Overall... it's hard, but I'm probably gonna go with Sonic CD (EU/JP).

40. What is are your 3 favorite Sonic song? I'm a big fan of orchestral music, so I really enjoy the main orchestral themes of Unleashed, Colours and Lost World. But if we're talking vocal tracks, then I'd say... Open Your Heart, E.G.G.M.A.N. and Endless Possibilities.

41. What other video game franchise would you consider Sonic Team's greatest competition for your attention? Pokemon and Kingdom Hearts, mainly. Occasionally Mario too, but that hasn't been too often, what with my lack of a Wii-U at the moment.

42. What are your top 3 Sonic locations? Angel Island, the Sol Dimension, and... Shamar, I suppose.

43. What 3 Sonic zones would you like to see return in a Sonic game? Lava Reef (Sonic 3), Neo Green Hill (Advance), and Sky Babylon (Rush Adventure)

44. With what Sonic game have you encountered the most bugs? Toss up between Sonic '06 and Heroes... though I was playing the PS2 version.

45. What Sonic game do you think deserves a (narrative) sequel? The 'Rush' and 'Rivals' games, hopefully with something that ties them together... somehow.
N'egga Man
BumbleFan

Postby QuantamEdge » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:26 pm

Current age: 19.

1. What are your personal favorite 3 Sonic games? Heroes, Colours and CD.

2. What are your least favorite 3 Sonic games? 06', 3D Blast and Labyrinth.

3. What 3 Sonic games do you think are the best? Heroes, Colours and CD.

4. What 3 Sonic games do you think are the worst? 06', 3D Blast and Labyrinth.

5. What Sonic game do you think is over hyped? Sonic 2.

6. What Sonic game was the most disappointing for you? 06'.

7. What was your first Sonic game? Heroes.

8. What is your favorite Sonic gameplay style (2D platformer, “Boost-to-win”, pet sim, RPG, etc.)? Team based platforming (ala Heroes).

9. What 3 gameplay styles would you like to see the Sonic brand go/return to? Boost to win, team based gamelay and large area platforming.

10. Which game incarnation of Sonic (Classic, Modern, Boom) is your favorite (stylistically)? Modern.

11. Which incarnation of Sonic would you like to see return, or what new art style would you like to see? Cel shaded art style.

12. How many years have you been a Sonic fan? Since 2003.

13. What Sonic product/people brought you to the franchise? Sonic X.

14. Who are your top 3 favorite Sonic characters? Metal Sonic, Mighty the Armadillo and Sonic the Hedgehog.

15. Who are you top 3 Sonic villians? Metal Sonic, Mephiles and Eggman.

16. Which 3 game villains (excluding Eggman) would you like to see return? Metal Sonic, Dark Gaia and Eggman Nega.

17. Which 3 enemy types are your favorite (Classic Badnicks, Black Arms, Egg Pawns, etc.) Dark Master, E-2000 and Egg Pawns.

18. Which, if any, entities (characters, locations, etc.) from other Sonic media would you want to see in the games? The Freedom Fighters from Archie Comics, Eclipse the Darkling, the Metarex and the Egg Bosses.

19. What Sonic product lines (games, shows, comics, etc.) do you purchase? Games, cartoons and comics.

20. What is your favorite Sonic series (Archie, Boom, X, OVA, Sega!Sonic, etc)? Sega Sonic.

21. How many Sonic games have you played? 10.

22. How many Sonic games have you owned? 3.

23. How many Sonic games have you completed the campaign (All Chaos Emeralds, Final Chapter, etc.)? 2.

24. How many Sonic games have you %100ed (All A Ranks, All Emblems, etc.)? 1.

25. Are you more likely to pre-order/ buy a Sonic game in the month of release, or wait? Wait.

26. Which game consoles (including handhelds,) do you own? Wii and Wii U.

27. Which console do you have the most Sonic games for? Wii.

28. Have you ever bought a console because of a Sonic game? No.

29. How do you interpret the Sonic canon (consider the classic games a different universe, believe in the distinction of two worlds in the Sonic universe, consider spin off games non-canon, hold Japanese instruction manuals over American, etc.)? All one, very thin canon.

30. What is your preferred name for Sonic’s world(s) (Earth, Mobius, Planet Freedom, etc)? Mobius.

31. What is the average amount of time you put into Sonic games? (not in a sitting, but over all) About over 20 hours or so.

32. What Sonic have you clocked the most time into (state the amount)? Colours (over 70 hours).

33. Where do you see the Sonic franchise in ten years? Still there, maybe better if Sega's CEO's promise rings true.

34. If you had the opportunity to give the Sonic brand to a different developer which would it be, if any? Maybe Nintendo, but I'd like to see the guys making Yooka-Laylee have a goo at making a Sonic game frankly.

35. What is your favorite interpretation of Sonic’s characterization? Maybe X's version, since I liked him being a care free, laid back maverick who still cares deeply for his friends.

36. What do you feel is Sonic’s current characterization? Still laid back, only cockier (just a little bit) and perhaps a bit cheesier with his snarkiness.

37. How many, if any, Sonic games are in your top ten favorite video games? 2.

38. What has been your favorite Sonic cross-over/cameo to date (TMNT, Spawn, Zelda, etc)? Worlds Collide.

39. Which Sonic game/show has your favorite Soundtrack? Possibly Colours, or Lost World and Adventure 2.

40. What is are your 3 favorite Sonic song? Between What I'm Made Of, Endless Possibilities and Escape From The City.

41. What other video game franchise would you consider Sonic Team's greatest competition for your attention? Used to be Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, but it's now probably Rayman, or Zelda.

42. What are your top 3 Sonic locations? Spagonia, Planet Wisp and Egg Fleet.

43. What 3 Sonic zones would you like to see return in a Sonic game? Egg Fleet, Musroom Hill and Hang Castle.

44. With what Sonic game have you encountered the most bugs? Heroes probably.

45. What Sonic game do you think deserves a (narrative) sequel? Heroes. There's still untapped potential.
QuantamEdge
BumbleKnight

Postby Mikail » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:46 pm

1. Sonic Generations, Sonic and the Black Knight and Sonic 3 & Kuckles

2. Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity and Sonic Unleashes (wii version)

3. Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic Generations

4. Sonic 06, Sonic Boom, Sonic 3D Blast

5. Sonic Adventure

6. Sonic Unleashed (Wii version)

7. Sonic 2

8. Boost to win

9. Adventure style

10. Modern

11. Classic is nice to see every now and again

12. 7 years

13. The comics

14. Shadow, Silver and Sally

15. Eggman, Naugus and Mogul

16. Eggman Nega, Naugus and Mogul

17. Swat Bots, Egg Pawns and Shadow Androids

18. Sally Acorn

19. Games and Comics

20. Archie

21. 16 games

22. 13 games

23. 5 games

24. 3 games

25. I'd probably wait

26. Wii, PS3, PS2, PC

27. Wii

28. No

29. Any game made by Sonic Team is the same continuity.

30. Mobius or Gaia.

31. 10-15 hours usually

32. Shadow the Hedgehog, about 25 hours at least.

33. Hopefully have gotten their bearings and establish a series of good games.

34. Nintendo

35. The Archie comics.

36. Egotistical show off with a heart of gold and uncompromised values

37. 3 games

38. the Worlds collide Megaman crossover

39. Sonic Adventure 2

40. Live and Learn, Never Turn Back, Knight of the Wind

41. Jak and Daxter

42. Mobotropolis, Green Hill Zone, the ARK

43. Mad Matrix, Hidden Palace, Egg Fleet

44. Sonic 06 (though not as badly as you'd think)

45. The storybook games.
Mikail
BumbleNoble

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius