Solict - Mega Man #54

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Solict - Mega Man #54

Postby Betz! » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:51 pm

Rad Red is back! (oh wait, wrong character...)

Megaman54.jpg

MEGA MAN #54
Script: Ian Flynn
Art: Ryan Jampole, Gary Martin, John Workman & Matt Herms
Mega Man #54 CVR A Reg: Patrick Spaziante
Mega Man #54 CVR B Variant: Brent McCarthy
On Sale Date: 10/21
32-page, full color comic
$3.99 U.S

MEGA MAN's long lost brother RETURNS in "Red Shift": Break Man answers the call of... a ghost?! How is it possible that Dr. Wily is STILL alive?! And what haunting secret will he use to keep Break Man under his control? It's up to Blues to do some soul-searching! Will he remain broken, or will he finally become a hero like his brother? Featuring cover art by long-time Mega Man artist Patrick “Spaz” Spaziante and a Proto Man variant cover by comics superstar Brent McCarthy!
Betz!
BumbleKnight

Re: Solict - Mega Man #54

Postby SonicSoul » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:57 pm

Alright, cool to see Break Man take center-stage again!

Solicit sounds more or less what I'd expect to happen with him after WU. Learning Wily's alive, something that tips him off that Wily may be someone not to work for anymore only for Wily to threaten him somehow.

I'm guessing he'll use Break Man's honor against him by reminding him that he is bound to serve him for saving his life until he returns the favor.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby lalalei2001 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:07 pm

I always wondered where Wily's "You betrayed me, Protoman!" from MM4 came from, since the only time we see Protoman at ALL in the game is when he delivers Kalinka, and there's no indication where he's been since MM3 or whether he's working for Wily at that point.

I like to imagine he had an action-packed escape from Wily's castle instead of just teleporting in and out XD

...It's kind of sad to see all this setup just before the hiatus, though.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby N'egga Man » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:18 pm

Wait... shouldn't Proto/Break Man already know that Wily's alive from 'Worlds Unite'? Unless they're gonna do what I think they're gonna do...
N'egga Man
BumbleFan

Postby SonicSoul » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:23 pm

N'egga Man wrote:Wait... shouldn't Proto/Break Man already know that Wily's alive from 'Worlds Unite'? Unless they're gonna do what I think they're gonna do...

Well having the MM cast remember the events of WU would mean Rock would know who Sonic is before WC happens. And that can't be possible.

EDIT: Also, I just noticed the shirukens. Could he be fighting Shadow Man here?
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:43 pm

Am I the only one who's finding it weird that he's wearing his regular Proto-Man helmet rather than his full Break Man helmet in the cover?
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby N'egga Man » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:01 pm

SonicSoul wrote:
N'egga Man wrote:Wait... shouldn't Proto/Break Man already know that Wily's alive from 'Worlds Unite'? Unless they're gonna do what I think they're gonna do...

Well having the MM cast remember the events of WU would mean Rock would know who Sonic is before WC happens. And that can't be possible.

EDIT: Also, I just noticed the shirukens. Could he be fighting Shadow Man here?

I know, but it's still a little bit disappointing. Anyway, the cover for MM #53 also had Shadow Blades coming towards Mega Man. And considering what Shadow Man revealed to Dr. Wily in Part 5 of 'Worlds Unite', it wouldn't surprise me if it was Shadow Man attacking either the Blue Bomber or his brother... or possibly both?

Ryannumber1gamer wrote:Am I the only one who's finding it weird that he's wearing his regular Proto-Man helmet rather than his full Break Man helmet in the cover?

It is kinda strange to finally see Blues canonically as Proto Man (not set in the future, like 'Worlds Collide') after a couple of years of him just being Break Man.
N'egga Man
BumbleFan

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:42 pm

A memory wipe of the cast does seem likely, though ridiculous. Personally, I think I'll take the head canon that when Worlds Collide "happens"-I hate time travel and manipulation-the effects of the Genesis Wave will make it so that the characters from the two worlds don't remember each other. As for the Wily deal, maybe the end of Worlds Unite will find some other way to make Mega Man and everyone else think he's dead again-getting a tad old, but that's the price to be paid for a...sixteen franchise crossover.

I was actually wondering if Blues was going to don the Proto Man persona before the hiatus-it certainly looks like that will be the case. Definitely looks like he's going to be chasing down Shadow Man, probably after our favorite ninja robot pulls the double cross he revealed he was planning in Sonic Universe #77. Wonder how he'll get the new helmet, and really hoping that this hiatus doesn't last too long.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:15 pm

SonicSoul wrote:

Well having the MM cast remember the events of WU would mean Rock would know who Sonic is before WC happens. And that can't be possible.[/url]
Genesis Wave could have him temporarily forget in Worlds Collide
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:17 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:
SonicSoul wrote:

Well having the MM cast remember the events of WU would mean Rock would know who Sonic is before WC happens. And that can't be possible.[/url]
Genesis Wave could have him temporarily forget in Worlds Collide

Spectre the Hechidnat wrote:A memory wipe of the cast does seem likely, though ridiculous. Personally, I think I'll take the head canon that when Worlds Collide "happens"-I hate time travel and manipulation-the effects of the Genesis Wave will make it so that the characters from the two worlds don't remember each other. As for the Wily deal, maybe the end of Worlds Unite will find some other way to make Mega Man and everyone else think he's dead again-getting a tad old, but that's the price to be paid for a...sixteen franchise crossover.

the smart thing to do would be to tell Mega Man and company that he's actually a Wily from a previous point in time, and then go out all heroically "no no, I have to go back to my time period and preserve the timeline. Do not tell me of my future!" and then he teleports back to Mr. X's lab.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby EvilEddie » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:22 pm

Also in general classic characters having knowledge about stuff from the X games is unlikely to stick.
EvilEddie
BumbleFan

Postby Uwaaii » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:24 pm

I feel the "soul-searching" part refers to both Protoman looking for Wily and Protoman looking for his purpose of existence like his Powered-up scenario. In the games Protoman sways between loyalty toward his creator Light and his gratitude toward Wily who saved his life, so I'm predicting Wily will make him work for him out of guilt to pay the debt while Protoman will ultimately betray after concluding that he doesn't need to follow anyone but his own will.
Uwaaii
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:41 am

N'egga Man wrote:
Ryannumber1gamer wrote:Am I the only one who's finding it weird that he's wearing his regular Proto-Man helmet rather than his full Break Man helmet in the cover?

It is kinda strange to finally see Blues canonically as Proto Man (not set in the future, like 'Worlds Collide') after a couple of years of him just being Break Man.

As he appears as Proto Man in MM4 (I absolutely LOVE that Ian and Ariga have expanded "Break Man" well beyond that one boss battle), it makes sense.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby DoNotDelete » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:45 am

Neat - guessing it's a single comic story? I much prefer those.
DoNotDelete
BumbleCitizen

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:59 am

Spectre the Hechidnat wrote:A memory wipe of the cast does seem likely, though ridiculous. Personally, I think I'll take the head canon that when Worlds Collide "happens"-I hate time travel and manipulation-the effects of the Genesis Wave will make it so that the characters from the two worlds don't remember each other. As for the Wily deal, maybe the end of Worlds Unite will find some other way to make Mega Man and everyone else think he's dead again-getting a tad old, but that's the price to be paid for a...sixteen franchise crossover.

I was actually wondering if Blues was going to don the Proto Man persona before the hiatus-it certainly looks like that will be the case. Definitely looks like he's going to be chasing down Shadow Man, probably after our favorite ninja robot pulls the double cross he revealed he was planning in Sonic Universe #77. Wonder how he'll get the new helmet, and really hoping that this hiatus doesn't last too long.

Here's how I see it. It wasn't really Rock's Future it was his own version of the "Genesis World".

There's talk in the story of people being stricken with Amnesia and Robots having Memory errors so it's not so much like the characters were transported through time but more reality was altered to resemble how the future will be.

Yeah it's weird but the Genesis Wave is just a really strong Chaos Control so it makes sense.

As for the Wily thing. Maybe something happens that makes everyone think he's dead. Again.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!