Solicits for Sonic #277 and Sonic Universe #80 (and more)

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Solicits for Sonic #277 and Sonic Universe #80 (and more)

Postby Meliden » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:00 pm

Look who's back.

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #277
Script: Ian Flynn & Aleah Baker
Art: Adam Bryce Thomas, Evan Stanley, Terry Austin, Gabriel Cassata and John Workman
Sonic the Hedgehog #277 CVR A Reg: Jamal Peppers, Rick Bryant and Ben Hunzeker
Sonic the Hedgehog #277 CVR B Variant: Tyson Hesse
SONIC TAKES THE LEAD in the race to fix the planet! "Thunder, Rain and Lightning": Sonic and the team link up with Lupe to destroy one of Dr. Eggman's super badniks! How does this tie into fixing the shattered world? And just what secrets does Lupe keep? Then, in “Hidden Costs” Part One, Sally and Bunnie hunt down the final Chaos Emerald—which is in the heart of Egg Boss Clove’s forbidden territory! Featuring cover art from jammin’ Jamal Peppers and a “BATTLE!” variant from Sonic comics all-star Tyson Hesse!
Ship Date: 9/30
On Sale Date: 10/14
32-page, full color comic
$3.99 U.S.

SONIC UNIVERSE #80
Script: Evan Stanley
Art: Tracey Yardley, Jim Amash, Matt Herms and Jack Morelli
Sonic Universe #80 CVR A Reg: Tracy Yardley and Matt Herms
Sonic Universe #80 CVR B Variant: Rafa Knight
The FUTURE is in DANGER, and only Silver the Hedgehog can make things right! "The Silver Age" Part Two: Silver has teamed up with Prof. von Schlemmer and they have a plan for stopping the Genesis Portals! This seems like the solution everyone’s been waiting for—but why doesn’t the Council want to hear it? The mystery deepens as a voice calls out to Silver—a voice that only he can hear! Will our unlikely heroes uncover the conspiracy, or die trying? Featuring cover art from the Sonic comic master Tracy Yardley and a CHAOS CRISIS variant by Rafa Knight!
Ship Date: 9/9
On Sale Date: 9/23
32-page, full color comic
$3.99 U.S

Oh, and there's some graphic novels too.

ART OF SONIC THE HEDGEHOG COMICS (TR)
Script: Various
Art: Various
Cover: Patrick Spaziante, Ben Hunzeker and various
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG is the single longest-running video game-inspired comic book series ever! With over 400 issues and over 20 years of adventures, the artists on Sonic comic books have created thousands of pages of show-stopping artwork. Join us in a parade of visual splendor as we revisit the finest pieces of art to come from SONIC THE HEDGEHOG, SONIC UNIVERSE, SONIC BOOM and all the other Sonic titles you've come to know and love over the years, featuring an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the artists and their work, including sketches, pencils and stage-by-stage break-downs of your favorite true blue artwork, plus an extensive variant cover gallery! No Sonic fan will want to be without the dazzling works of PATRICK "SPAZ" SPAZIANTE, TRACY YARDLEY, BEN BATES, JAMAL PEPPERS, JENNIFER HERNANDEZ and many, many more!
978-1-62738-936-5
$39.99/$45.00CAN
8 1/4 x 11 1/4"
TR
304 pp, Full Color
Direct Market On-Sale Date: 10/7

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 4: CONTROL (TR)
Script: Ian Flynn, Benjamin Bailey, Joey Esposito, Eric Esquivel
Art: Tyson Hesse, James Fry, Jamal Peppers, Evan Stanley, Terry Austin, John Workman and Gabriel Cassata
Cover: Patrick “Spaz” Spaziante
Things are about to get a little HAIRY! Moving at the speed of sound, keeping the world free from robotic tyranny—it's SONIC THE HEDGEHOG! One of the most beloved video game icons speeds into brand new comic book stories with new friends, new foes and new adventures! It's Sonic—UNLEASHED! The corrupting energies of Dark Gaia have infected our heroic hedgehog, transforming him into the fearsome WEREHOG! It's up to his old buddies Mighty and Ray to tame the savage beast! And the race for the Chaos Emeralds grows direr as the Freedom Fighters fight for their lives against the fearsome E-100 killer robots! SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 4: CONTROL collects SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #264-267.
978-1-62738-955-6
$12.99/$14.99CAN
6 5/8 x 10 3/16"
TR
104 pp, Full Color
Direct Market On-Sale Date: 9/30
Meliden
BumbleCult

Re: Solicits for Sonic #277 and Sonic Universe #80 (and more

Postby Betz! » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:26 pm

Those covers for STH 277 look cool. Why is Silver getting attacked by tiny Shards? Is it a sign?
Betz!
BumbleKnight

Postby Zulon Eredas » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:27 pm

Good to see Lupe's back, though her redesign doesn't appear to be too much of a departure from her original look.
Zulon Eredas
BumbleNoble

Postby squeakyboots13 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:29 pm

squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby Penguin God » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:39 pm

Silver's future looks as ridiculous as I hoped. That Battle cover is way more exciting than the regular one, but it looks pretty cool too. I wonder what the Super-Badnik will be.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby hyperrush » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:57 pm

Hummmm i'd like the old Lupe tribal style more.

:cry:
hyperrush
BumbleFan

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:05 pm

I really like Lupe's updated design, it makes her fit more into the Sonic Universe. I wasn't a big fan of her old design.
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby Kellox » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:09 pm

I love how Lupe looks in this style!
Kellox
BumbleCitizen

Postby Sam Z.G. » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm

Lupe nows look like a young warrior on her prime instead of a cranky old mom. Nice :D
Sam Z.G.
BumbleFan

Postby akessel92 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:30 pm

*sees Lupe and fanboy squees!!!!*
Man how long since we saw Lupe again. Oh that's right a LONG time and finally. Only one Satam comic character left unless Ian has plans to put others in?

Also, this silver story for universe is gonna be a fun read I can tell.
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby Meliden » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:33 pm

Sam Z.G. wrote:Lupe nows look like a young warrior on her prime instead of a cranky old mom. Nice :D

I wouldn't go as far to say young (as in Sonic-aged area), maybe someone in their mid-late 20's. She has a sizable height difference over Sonic, and if she was teenage she'd probably be closer to his height or at most Rouge's height.

...You know, the Werehog is canonically 125cm tall. Kinda fits.

Betz! wrote:Those covers for STH 277 look cool. Why is Silver getting attacked by tiny Shards? Is it a sign?

Everyone I've seen who pointed them out likened them to the Sonic Colours robots, they just look to be more Metal Sonic-based than reskins of Sonic. I'd also say they're possibly a reference to the Sonic clones in the Sonic X comic.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby DrakStarr » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:40 pm

Welcome back, Lupe!
DrakStarr
BumbleFan

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:53 pm

hyperrush wrote:Hummmm i'd like the old Lupe tribal style more.

:cry:

What are you talking about? She still has a Native American/Tribal vibe in her design.

I can't help but notice they took a little influence from Tikal in how to Segaize the look BTW. I mean obviously not completely but it seems like that's the Template they worked off of.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby NiTROACTiVE » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:03 pm

Man, these covers and solicits look interesting, and I'm glad that Lupe the Wolf is finally back. I do wonder if Lupe has a Wolf Pack like in SatAM and the old timeline? I also wonder who Prof. von Schlemmer is? I'm sure he's the guy on the SU #80 cover, but we'll have to see what he's like. I would like to read these issues.
Last edited by NiTROACTiVE on Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NiTROACTiVE
BumbleClan

Postby Azul » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:09 pm

Lupe is back! W00t! I'm digging the design and I can't wait to see what the other returning characters will look like. On a similar note, I wonder how different this Wolf Pack will be, or if there even will be one. I'm loving that Tracy Yardley! cover and the little Sonic robots only raise my interest in the story. I know at this point in the series, things haven't entirely settled down but I'm waiting for that day so I can see how the story will handle itself. From what I'm seeing, I won't be disappointed.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius