More DiC characters in the book

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: More DiC characters in the book

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:39 pm

I dont really understand why AOSTH and SATAM are allowed but Underground isnt, since they were all made by the same company. Personally, I'd love to have Sonia and Manic in the book in some form. I even have a fairly simple idea for how that could work without making them related to Sonic

Spoiler: show
Uncle Chuck! We already have Uncle Chuck in the book with the "uncle" title being an affectation rather than it meaning he's actually related to Sonic (though we the fans could interpret it that way without it compromising the canon or the mandates). Well, what if Uncle Chuck had kids of his own? So you might be thinking, well, if he did, then why didnt we see or hear about them when he was previously introduced at the beginning of the reboot? Because they're traveling musicians! There wouldnt be anything unusual about a hedgehog having his own hedgehog children (or niblings) without any relation to Sonic, I mean it's not like Amy and Shadow are related to him

also, while I agree with people in this thread saying that most of the SATAM characters werent memorable enough to warrant revisiting, I'd still like to see Ari come back. Sure, he may not have did anything useful, but he made more than 2 appearances and most of the other characters didnt, that sort of made him seem relevant. I also agree with the people who said that the pre-reboot series had too many Freedom Fighter groups, and thus bring in Ari as another Freedom Fighter might feel diluted, but I think he could be used in a different capacity. maybe a cameo as a GUN officer or recruit.

if they did bring in Ari (and Dulcy, who's already been name-dropped so her return might be imminent), then I'd love to see what they could do to redesign him to match the SegaSonic style. his old style just had that Generic 90s Cartoon Animal look, but a ram in the Sega style could be interesting.

and as for Dulcy, I like the character but really dislike her design, so I'm hoping if she has a redesign it's a really drastic one. I love what the redesigns did for Antoine and Sally because I hated their designs as a kid (Rotor I've got mixed feelings about, because I liked him fat. he's a walrus, why wouldnt he be fat! but the redesign also looks cool. and Bunnie's change isnt very drastic, just like, the shape of her robot limbs changed? and her palette kinda changed? but Bunnie was my favorite of the SATAM cast so I dont mind her not looking different) so I'd like to see if they could work miracles for Dulcy.

I'm more excited to see Lupe's return than Dulcy's, but she already had a good design so I doubt a redesign for her will be drastic
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:53 pm

As awesome as it would be to see Underground elements included in Archie Sonic, I doubt it's going to happen. For whatever reason it's the branch of the franchise Sega seems most intent on pretending never happened-they even put the kibosh on the Epilogue story I was dying to read. And unfortunately they seem to be in no hurry to convey their reasoning-rather like it was with the Sonic X bans.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby Vampfox » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:40 pm

My best guess is that Sega just doesn't like the fact that in Sonic Underground Sonic is a prince who has siblings. Sega has made it pretty clear in recent years that they don't like the idea of the Sega Sonic characters having non Sega Sonic relatives.

The only reason why they probably don't crack down on the comic using Satam and AOSTH characters and story elements as much is because it's easier to convert those elements to be more in line with Sega Sonic elements.
Vampfox
BumbleCult

Postby TurboTailz » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:38 am

Vampfox wrote:My best guess is that Sega just doesn't like the fact that in Sonic Underground Sonic is a prince who has siblings. Sega has made it pretty clear in recent years that they don't like the idea of the Sega Sonic characters having non Sega Sonic relatives.

For now muahahahahah.*3-20 years later if it happens between those years* NAILED IT!
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble

Postby DaddlerTheDalek » Fri May 22, 2015 4:49 pm

I could see Sleet and Dingo as independent bounty hunters in the comics.
DaddlerTheDalek
BumbleKnight

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Fri May 22, 2015 5:00 pm

DaddlerTheDalek wrote:I could see Sleet and Dingo as independent bounty hunters in the comics.

"Yeah we're in..em..inne...We work for ourselves." As long as that's adapted alongside them I wouldn't mind.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Antiyonder » Sat May 23, 2015 12:51 pm

Yeah it seems like a lot of characters from Underground could easily be modified to fit the SEGA mandates in the comics.

Heck, if Chuck could be kept on the basis of being a surrogate uncle, I don't see why Sonia and Manic can't be brought in as well.
Antiyonder
BumbleCitizen

Postby Meliden » Sat May 23, 2015 1:03 pm

One of the mandates is 'No non-game characters from media other than SatAM and AoStH', Antiyonder, as said above. SatAM and AoStH are most likely exceptions only because they were in the comic as more than a one issue cameo already.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius