The Sonally Story

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

After the "StH/MM: Worlds Unite" crossover event, will Sonic and Sally be in love again?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:14 am

Yes
11
19%
No
37
65%
Have no idea
9
16%
 
Total votes : 57

The Sonally Story

Postby MarioandSonic999 » Mon May 18, 2015 7:14 am

In the aftermath of the Super Genesis Wave, Sonic was glad that Sal is okay after she was de-roboticized. But Sal just said that she and Sonic are "just best friends". This means that they actually broke up together. I sure do hope that those 2 lovebirds would be back together again after the "Sonic/Mega Man: Worlds Unite" crossover... I really like that "Sonally" (also called "SonSal" by "Sonic" fans for short) stuff so much...
Last edited by MarioandSonic999 on Sat May 23, 2015 6:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
MarioandSonic999
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 2:56 pm
Location: Lexington, Kentucky

Re: The Sonally Story

Postby Astrobot7000 » Mon May 18, 2015 8:12 am

I certainly want them to be, but it will never happen due to Sega mandates as well as Ian's stated intent to not have Sonic in a relationship because it causes too many waves(can't blame him for feeling that way).
User avatar
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:20 pm

Re: The Sonally Story

Postby MarioandSonic999 » Mon May 18, 2015 8:17 am

Astrobot7000 wrote:I certainly want them to be, but it will never happen due to Sega mandates as well as Ian's stated intent to not have Sonic in a relationship because it causes too many waves(can't blame him for feeling that way).
I really blame SEGA for this... But, I thought that they would have to try...
User avatar
MarioandSonic999
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 2:56 pm
Location: Lexington, Kentucky

Re: The Sonally Story

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Mon May 18, 2015 8:25 am

Sonally's cute and all but honestly I prefer them as friends. I'm hoping we stay far far away from romance drama and love triangle.
User avatar
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen
 
Posts: 12370
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:12 pm
Location: Angel Grove, CA

Re: The Sonally Story

Postby MarioandSonic999 » Mon May 18, 2015 8:27 am

SonicBlueRanger wrote:Sonally's cute and all but honestly I prefer them as friends. I'm hoping we stay far far away from romance drama and love triangle.
Man, I really wanted this... But as far as I can tell, both Sonally are really best friends...
User avatar
MarioandSonic999
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 2:56 pm
Location: Lexington, Kentucky

Re: The Sonally Story

Postby SonicSoul » Mon May 18, 2015 8:32 am

Even if we are going to blame mean ol' Sega for everything (again), Ian's not really shipping any popular pairing anyway.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 2856
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:24 pm

Re: The Sonally Story

Postby MarioandSonic999 » Mon May 18, 2015 8:33 am

SonicSoul wrote:Even if we are going to blame mean ol' Sega for everything (again), Ian's not really shipping any popular pairing anyway.
Well, they're just best friends. They would even have to take a selfie for saving the world, by the way!
User avatar
MarioandSonic999
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 2:56 pm
Location: Lexington, Kentucky

Re: The Sonally Story

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Mon May 18, 2015 9:10 am

Personally I more of SonAmy, but I'm just assuming that they are couple but it won't be ever addressed, simple as that.

But yeah, most likely Sonic will stay single for ever. I'm okay with that (more time for other stuff), but I get why some one you are unhappy.
User avatar
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:02 am
Location: Poland

Re: The Sonally Story

Postby MarioandSonic999 » Mon May 18, 2015 9:12 am

MetalSkulkBane wrote:Personally I more of SonAmy, but I'm just assuming that they are couple but it won't be ever addressed, simple as that.

But yeah, most likely Sonic will stay single for ever. I'm okay with that (more time for other stuff), but I get why some one you are unhappy.
Nah, that's a-okay! Because they're best friends! They would even have to make a romantic moment anytime!
User avatar
MarioandSonic999
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 2:56 pm
Location: Lexington, Kentucky

Re: The Sonally Story

Postby TurboTailz » Mon May 18, 2015 12:53 pm

I'm all for Sonic x Sally only because I grew up on that combo in Satam. However with Sega stipulations they cannot be, but doesn't mean they can't have their own moment. I know some people root for Sonic x Amy, but that to me is like Sonic dating his lil sis because if we're going from canon and not Sonic Boom. That's how canon Sonic views Amy where as in Sonic Boom it does have potential.

Since this is an action comic and I view it as that I knowing romance drama is dwindled a bit. This is healthy for the Archie Sonic comic franchise. However love triangle can be removed or be treated as a Yamcha x Bulma X Vegeta case. Character A stops pursuing love interest in character B knowing that B and C are a couple now. Character A pursues a new interests and becomes mutual friends with character B. That eliminates the love triangle, but man will Sonic fans be fired up!.
User avatar
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1437
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:33 am

Re: The Sonally Story

Postby MarioandSonic999 » Mon May 18, 2015 12:56 pm

TurboTailz wrote:I'm all for Sonic x Sally only because I grew up on that combo in Satam. However with Sega stipulations they cannot be, but doesn't mean they can't have their own moment. I know some people root for Sonic x Amy, but that to me is like Sonic dating his lil sis because if we're going from canon and not Sonic Boom. That's how canon Sonic views Amy where as in Sonic Boom it does have potential.

Since this is an action comic and I view as that I know romance drama is dwindled a bit which is healthy for the franchise. However love triangle can be removed or be treated as a Yamcha x Bulma X Vegeta case. Character A stops pursuing love interest in character B knowing that B and C are a couple now. Character A pursues a new interests and becomes mutual friends with character B. That eliminates the love triangle, but man will Sonic fans be fired up!.
Sometimes I watch SatAM a little bit, but I thought that Sonally was best because Sonic and Amy are just friends, and so as Sally.
User avatar
MarioandSonic999
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 2:56 pm
Location: Lexington, Kentucky

Re: The Sonally Story

Postby TurboTailz » Mon May 18, 2015 1:02 pm

MarioandSonic999 wrote:
TurboTailz wrote:I'm all for Sonic x Sally only because I grew up on that combo in Satam. However with Sega stipulations they cannot be, but doesn't mean they can't have their own moment. I know some people root for Sonic x Amy, but that to me is like Sonic dating his lil sis because if we're going from canon and not Sonic Boom. That's how canon Sonic views Amy where as in Sonic Boom it does have potential.

Since this is an action comic and I view as that I know romance drama is dwindled a bit which is healthy for the franchise. However love triangle can be removed or be treated as a Yamcha x Bulma X Vegeta case. Character A stops pursuing love interest in character B knowing that B and C are a couple now. Character A pursues a new interests and becomes mutual friends with character B. That eliminates the love triangle, but man will Sonic fans be fired up!.
Sometimes I watch SatAM a little bit, but I thought that Sonally was best because Sonic and Amy are just friends, and so as Sally.


I understand the whole concept for this. I was just saying how I view it and if by chance Sega out of freaking no where allows Sonic x Sally. First thing to do is eliminate love triangles asap. That will just hold up the story even more making it a drag for an action comic.
User avatar
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1437
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:33 am

Re: The Sonally Story

Postby MarioandSonic999 » Mon May 18, 2015 1:05 pm

TurboTailz wrote:
MarioandSonic999 wrote:
TurboTailz wrote:I'm all for Sonic x Sally only because I grew up on that combo in Satam. However with Sega stipulations they cannot be, but doesn't mean they can't have their own moment. I know some people root for Sonic x Amy, but that to me is like Sonic dating his lil sis because if we're going from canon and not Sonic Boom. That's how canon Sonic views Amy where as in Sonic Boom it does have potential.

Since this is an action comic and I view as that I know romance drama is dwindled a bit which is healthy for the franchise. However love triangle can be removed or be treated as a Yamcha x Bulma X Vegeta case. Character A stops pursuing love interest in character B knowing that B and C are a couple now. Character A pursues a new interests and becomes mutual friends with character B. That eliminates the love triangle, but man will Sonic fans be fired up!.
Sometimes I watch SatAM a little bit, but I thought that Sonally was best because Sonic and Amy are just friends, and so as Sally.


I understand the whole concept for this. I was just saying how I view it and if by chance Sega out of freaking no where allows Sonic x Sally. First thing to do is eliminate love triangles asap. That will just hold up the story even more making it a drag for an action comic.
Well first, the lovebirds were in love in the past, and now they're best friends in the aftermath of the Super Genesis Wave. Next thing I know, they would have a kiss when Sonic and the other people save both worlds at the end of the "Sonic/Mega Man: Worlds Unite" event.
User avatar
MarioandSonic999
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 2:56 pm
Location: Lexington, Kentucky

Re: The Sonally Story

Postby TurboTailz » Mon May 18, 2015 1:18 pm

MarioandSonic999 wrote:
TurboTailz wrote:
MarioandSonic999 wrote:
TurboTailz wrote:I'm all for Sonic x Sally only because I grew up on that combo in Satam. However with Sega stipulations they cannot be, but doesn't mean they can't have their own moment. I know some people root for Sonic x Amy, but that to me is like Sonic dating his lil sis because if we're going from canon and not Sonic Boom. That's how canon Sonic views Amy where as in Sonic Boom it does have potential.

Since this is an action comic and I view as that I know romance drama is dwindled a bit which is healthy for the franchise. However love triangle can be removed or be treated as a Yamcha x Bulma X Vegeta case. Character A stops pursuing love interest in character B knowing that B and C are a couple now. Character A pursues a new interests and becomes mutual friends with character B. That eliminates the love triangle, but man will Sonic fans be fired up!.
Sometimes I watch SatAM a little bit, but I thought that Sonally was best because Sonic and Amy are just friends, and so as Sally.


I understand the whole concept for this. I was just saying how I view it and if by chance Sega out of freaking no where allows Sonic x Sally. First thing to do is eliminate love triangles asap. That will just hold up the story even more making it a drag for an action comic.
Well first, the lovebirds were in love in the past, and now they're best friends in the aftermath of the Super Genesis Wave. Next thing I know, they would have a kiss when Sonic and the other people save both worlds at the end of the "Sonic/Mega Man: Worlds Unite" event.


I'm not sure if we're on the same page, but take Bunnie and Antoine an example. They have their romantic moment, but it doesn't last too long because the comic isn't focus about that. You know like how they do it in some anime such as Slayers or Dragon Ball Z.
User avatar
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1437
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:33 am

Re: The Sonally Story

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Mon May 18, 2015 1:20 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again I just don't see Sonic as the relationship type. I see him more as the "Quick Fling no emotional attachment" Type personally.

Sonic just kinda dives headfirst into everything I don't really see that as the kind of guy who settles down with one person.
User avatar
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen
 
Posts: 12370
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:12 pm
Location: Angel Grove, CA

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests