Mega Man #48 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #48 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Antiyonder » Fri May 01, 2015 7:46 pm

Well I suppose one way I would have altered the second arc a tad in order to give more time to the Doc Robot fight (yeah the ship sailed, but it is still an idea, so spoiler tagging it):

Spoiler: show
I don't know, maybe have Doc Robot taking out the new Yellow Devil as a way of demonstrating his/their power to Mega Man. Just a thought though.
Antiyonder
BumbleCitizen

Postby Morgil » Tue May 05, 2015 5:30 pm

Gauntlet101010 wrote:I'm thrilled that Ms. Y is becoming a legitimate character and can't wait to see W. Waltz in the series. I know the MM franchise very well, so the series is really predictable. Adding twists like this is very rewarding. I wonder if there's room in the comic for Oceanman and Honeywoman?

Wait, who's Oceanman and Honeywoman?

Also, i didn't really think the MM3 story was too long. After the rushed pacing of the MM1 and MM2 adaptations, i rather liked the longer arc this time around. The only problem i had with the arc was that the Dawn of X storyline seamed rather pointless. The stuff in the future with X and company as well as Xander's stuff foreshadowing his role in the crossover was nice, but all the stuff with Mega Man and the Wily Walker in the present seamed rather pointless to the overall MM3 story arc. Otherwise, the LoBB and Betrayal arcs i felt covered the MM3 storyline rather well.
Morgil
BumbleCitizen

Postby SonicSoul » Tue May 05, 2015 5:37 pm

Morgil wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:I'm thrilled that Ms. Y is becoming a legitimate character and can't wait to see W. Waltz in the series. I know the MM franchise very well, so the series is really predictable. Adding twists like this is very rewarding. I wonder if there's room in the comic for Oceanman and Honeywoman?

Wait, who's Oceanman and Honeywoman?

Original RM concept designs that would later become Splash Woman and Hornet Man, respectively.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby Morgil » Tue May 05, 2015 5:39 pm

That's it? Just some early rough draft designs? Then why not just make every early design a separate character? I remember seeing images of Pump Man without the spigot coming out of his torso, or a version of wind man that was slimmer and had a wing emblem on his chest, so should those be made into separate characters? I'm sorry, but i just don't see the point.
Morgil
BumbleCitizen

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Tue May 05, 2015 5:50 pm

There's as much of a point as putting Ms. Y in there.
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue May 05, 2015 6:31 pm

Morgil wrote:That's it? Just some early rough draft designs? Then why not just make every early design a separate character? I remember seeing images of Pump Man without the spigot coming out of his torso, or a version of wind man that was slimmer and had a wing emblem on his chest, so should those be made into separate characters? I'm sorry, but i just don't see the point.

Well, the gender swapping did lead to something a bit more drastic than rather or not they had a wing emblem on their chest...

Besides, it sort of keeps in the spirit of the series. Zero was designed to be the main guy, but they wanted someone more Mega Man-ish, so we got X... and then they used Zero as another character.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue May 05, 2015 7:01 pm

Morgil wrote:That's it? Just some early rough draft designs? Then why not just make every early design a separate character?

Because ocean man and honey woman are extremely different

and Ian likes them.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Uwaaii » Tue May 05, 2015 8:21 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:
Morgil wrote:That's it? Just some early rough draft designs? Then why not just make every early design a separate character?

Because ocean man and honey woman are extremely different

and Ian likes them.

Well there are RMs other than Ocean and Honey that have "extremely different" design AND names that can make them separate characters.
9 bosses and their original concept. () is their weapons
    Splash woman = Ocean man
    (Magma bazooka) = (fire bazooka)
    Hornet man = Honey woman, Sting man
    Galaxy man = Space man
    Jewel man (jewel satellite) =Diamond man (diamond satellite)
    Tornado man (tornado blow) = Weather man (hurricane blow)
    Concrete man = Cement man (cement shot)

Alt. design of Ocean, Honey/Sting, Galaxy/Space and Magma

10 bosses. I don't think there were any name changes.
I'm still shocked at Strikeman's pre-design (and Chill & Solar's little fashion show haha)

This is just extra, but I’d be happy if they include Baroque and Crash, pre-design of Bass and Treble

And even if they have different design but no name changes, Archie can always think of a new one.
So unless Ocean and Honey are Ian's most special-favorite, we can expect the other unique designs to appear too?
Uwaaii
BumbleFan

Postby Penguin God » Tue May 05, 2015 9:22 pm

Well we probably can't expect it, but it wouldn't necessarily be out of the question. If nothing else, they could fulfill the role of background characters, since otherwise every single Robot Master we see gets blown up by Mega Man.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby DoNotDelete » Wed May 06, 2015 6:39 am

I'd prefer to see Honey Woman and Ocean Man to their actual counterparts. Maybe there's a story to be explored there:

What if Wily uses his copy-robot device to copy some robots other than Mega Man - but when he copies Hornet Man and Splash Woman some wires get crossed and we end up with Honey Woman and Ocean Man?

Tah-Dah! Something new and unexplored for Ian to write some original story about. Also we get some offbeat characters that can keep coming back and actually make the comic interesting/not a slow-action replay of the games.
DoNotDelete
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed May 06, 2015 7:31 am

I don't know if it was Ian who said it, or someone talking to him, but it was brought up one time that they could be
Lalinde creations. Makes sense, considering Rock and Tempo
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Uwaaii » Wed May 06, 2015 10:24 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:I don't know if it was Ian who said it, or someone talking to him, but it was brought up one time that they could be
Lalinde creations. Makes sense, considering Rock and Tempo

Yeah I gave that example earlier along with the idea of giving them special numbers but I personally prefer Tempo to be the only RM Lalinde has, because that’s what makes them unique and it will lessen the focus on their relationship
unless they create more interesting stories; like Lalinde creating them to ease Tempo’s burden while Tempo troubled due to the new RMS created solely for work and treated differently, reminding her of how she her emotion was taken out because she was not fit for work and stuff

I know Ian merely said he likes Ocean/Honey, but if they are chosen and the other designs aren’t I would be a little upset.
I mean Archie is free to do whatever they want, and this sounds pretty stupid, but I just feel its “unfair” for the other designs especially because Ocean and Honey are the most popular and considered “better” than their final design among fans because they are more handsome, cute, human shaped, etc. And the fact that the writer likes them would seem they were chosen because they were their favorite/most popular among fans, which I know is normal but doesn't stop me from feeling sick for some reason.

I don't know why I'm so concerned/freaked out over something that isn't even confirmed yet, but yeah.
Uwaaii
BumbleFan

Postby Mordum » Wed May 06, 2015 10:36 am

That would be awesome.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby Ian Flynn » Wed May 06, 2015 11:52 am

The only reason Honey Woman might make into the book before any other scrapped concepts is that she's the closest thing to a second official female Robot Master. That would bring our femaie-to-male ratio to 3:100+

Given the chance, I'd probably like to include Eris and Ceres as female Stardroids just to vary it up some.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Wed May 06, 2015 1:10 pm

Ian Flynn wrote:The only reason Honey Woman might make into the book before any other scrapped concepts is that she's the closest thing to a second official female Robot Master. That would bring our femaie-to-male ratio to 3:100+

Given the chance, I'd probably like to include Eris and Ceres as female Stardroids just to vary it up some.

So you're saying ... there's a chance! O_O
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!