SU#75 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: SU#75 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Axel T Rat » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:45 pm

+Seems to be getting most of the main cast together in preparation for coming events
+Silver's back. Also like most of the dialogue with him and Sonic.

=Catch phrase exchanges. Neat, but kinda neutral on that
=Now I have to wonder where Silver ended up. I'm going to take a wild guess and say Chill Penguin's stage.
=Comic Origins #6? I missed something. Is that even out yet?
=Have this feeling the Genesis Portals are some substitute for the Cosmic Interstate

-Outside of the covers it doesn't really feel that much of a milestone
-"Burning Ruin"? Dang it, why don't you just call it Flame Core? Cause that's pretty much what it is.
+Crystal Desert's a pretty decent original zone though.

So all and all some good action and dialogue but kinda expected more. Also I kinda wonder if Bunnie will have her old Buster-style cannon from way back during the next event...or does "Disney Own that Trope" like all the rest of the old stuff?
Axel T Rat
BumbleKnight

Postby Morgil » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:55 pm

I just got this today. Forgive me if this has been answered already, but it's been a while since i've been on this site and i also haven't been keeping up with much news, either. So after Silver shows up in that winter-looking place, there's a footnote saying to be continued in Worlds Unite Battles #1. WTH is that? Am i gonna get that with that super-premo-deluxe subscription deal, the one that costs $169 (thank god for coupon codes in the email newsletter)? Also, another footnote stated that the Genesis Portals were explained in a Sonic Comic Origins. I hope i didn't miss that, either. Has that story been released yet?

So aside from not knowing what a Genesis Portal was, otherwise this was a pretty decent story. I can't wait for the crossover to fully begin.
Morgil
BumbleCitizen

Postby akessel92 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:07 pm

Morgil wrote:I just got this today. Forgive me if this has been answered already, but it's been a while since i've been on this site and i also haven't been keeping up with much news, either. So after Silver shows up in that winter-looking place, there's a footnote saying to be continued in Worlds Unite Battles #1. WTH is that? Am i gonna get that with that super-premo-deluxe subscription deal, the one that costs $169 (thank god for coupon codes in the email newsletter)? Also, another footnote stated that the Genesis Portals were explained in a Sonic Comic Origins. I hope i didn't miss that, either. Has that story been released yet?

So aside from not knowing what a Genesis Portal was, otherwise this was a pretty decent story. I can't wait for the crossover to fully begin.

You haven't quite missed a thing that origins story is coming this weekend at fcbd.
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby Morgil » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:18 pm

akessel92 wrote:
Morgil wrote:I just got this today. Forgive me if this has been answered already, but it's been a while since i've been on this site and i also haven't been keeping up with much news, either. So after Silver shows up in that winter-looking place, there's a footnote saying to be continued in Worlds Unite Battles #1. WTH is that? Am i gonna get that with that super-premo-deluxe subscription deal, the one that costs $169 (thank god for coupon codes in the email newsletter)? Also, another footnote stated that the Genesis Portals were explained in a Sonic Comic Origins. I hope i didn't miss that, either. Has that story been released yet?

You haven't quite missed a thing that origins story is coming this weekend at fcbd.

'Okay, cool. I already have plans to run up the the nearest store this weekend (and by nearest, i mean an hour's drive away). Thanks.

Also then what about that other thing, Battles? Will whatever it is be including in my super subscription?
Morgil
BumbleCitizen

Postby Sunwalker » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:43 pm

Morgil wrote:
akessel92 wrote:

'Okay, cool. I already have plans to run up the the nearest store this weekend (and by nearest, i mean an hour's drive away). Thanks.

Also then what about that other thing, Battles? Will whatever it is be including in my super subscription?

From what I've heard, it is included in the subscription. The two battle books are not crucial to the main story, they are some additional battles featuring characters of the crossover.
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby Morgil » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:35 pm

Sunwalker wrote: it is included in the subscription.

Okay, good. That'll save me the trouble of tracking them down later.
Morgil
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat May 02, 2015 5:52 pm

whoa whoa whoa whoa

there's a subscription that nets you the battle books? where?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby akessel92 » Sat May 02, 2015 5:59 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:whoa whoa whoa whoa

there's a subscription that nets you the battle books? where?

The online superstore I believe.
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby squeakyboots13 » Sat May 02, 2015 6:44 pm

Hope you've got a hundred bucks to spare.

http://archiecomics.stores.yahoo.net/wounsu.html

I really wish Archie would add an option to get the battle books separately for people who already have subscriptions.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby Morgil » Sat May 02, 2015 6:53 pm

By signing up for Archie's email newsletter, you can regularly get coupon codes. I was able to order that super-subscription with a 30% off code. While i already have subscriptions to each individual book, my Mega Man subscription was running out and needed to be renewed anyway. Plus, it's always nice to extend my existing subscriptions by another year. Also, i like being able to automatically get each variant cover by mail with it. It saves me the headache of tracking them all down separately later. I did that with the first crossover and it was awesome.
Morgil
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat May 02, 2015 10:01 pm

I don't like the vague wording. Any confirmation that refers to the battle books?

also I'm a little leery of it, as I have sonic boom until issue 24, and I'm not sure I want a third year of it :/
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby squeakyboots13 » Sun May 03, 2015 12:12 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:I don't like the vague wording. Any confirmation that refers to the battle books?

The two special single issues. This subscription offer had been up before the battle books were announced.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby Zack_GLC » Thu May 07, 2015 1:47 pm

Great issue. Was a joy to read. And I got this one and FCBD on the same day so I didn't really have to worry about the one taking place before the other. But I still read 75 first. Waaaah. But ya I am so overly pumped for all the upcoming issues.
Zack_GLC
BumbleNoble

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Fri May 08, 2015 8:08 am

I got this one on FCBD too (with the Ben Bates cover, though I was really tempted to buy the Tyson Hesse and Evan Stanley covers too), but I havent actually read it yet since STH 272 takes place between FBCD and this one, and also I dont have SU 74 yet (my comic shop apparently didnt get the Standard cover and I hate the Sega variants, so I'm holding out till they reorder)
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius