Mega Man to appear in Project X Zone 2

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Mega Man to appear in Project X Zone 2

Postby lalalei2001 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:13 pm

At least, the franchise will. I wonder if Sonic will appear!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/reside ... 0-6426589/

Bandai Namco on Monday announced that strategy RPG mashup game Project X Zone 2, a sequel to the 2013 original, will launch this fall in the west exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS.

The game brings together characters from the rosters of three Japanese gaming giants: Bandai Namco, Capcom, and Sega. Characters from the franchises listed below make up some of the game's roster; others will be announced later. Watch the trailer above to see all characters confirmed so far.

Bandai Namco -- Tekken, Tales of Vesperia, .hack
Capcom -- Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Mega Man
Sega -- Yakuza, Sakura Wars, Virtua Fighter

In Project X Zone 2, players will create teams using characters from these franchises and take part in turn-based battles. The game is in development at Monolith Software, a Japanese studio that's also working on Xenoblade Chronicles X for Wii U.

Bandai Namco isn't providing much in the way of gameplay details for Project X Zone 2 right now, saying only that the game will feature "refined gameplay" that creates an "even deeper and engaging experience."
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Re: Mega Man to appear in Project X Zone 2

Postby Bean » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:41 pm

I hope that means chapters won't take forever and a day with reinforcements. I remember that tuning a lot of people off from finishing the previous installment.
Bean
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:56 pm

I didn't really like the gameplay of the original, combine that with the fact that the story in the demo made it feel very uninclusive. It was a sequel to Namco x Capcom, iirc, and all the characters acted like they knew each other.

The battle system made absolutely no sense to me when I tried it.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby lalalei2001 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:18 pm

I've only played a little of the original, but in the actual game the characters don't know everyone and have to introduce themselves ^^;
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:13 pm

I liked the original for what it was, basically being fluffy fanservice. Did feel like there was something missing, though, but I think that even occurred with characters who weren't in the first one.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Betz! » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:37 pm

You make this for mobile and I'll shower you with money FOR ETERNITY!!!
Betz!
BumbleKnight

Postby Sockie » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:57 pm

The first one wasn't exactly a gaming masterpiece, but I did enjoy for it was: a nice little tribute to all of these games filled with fanservice and character interactions that you're unlikely to see very often. I'm looking forward to this.
Sockie
BumbleNoble

Postby Mordum » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:57 am

That confirmed list of games make me wish we could have a really angsty Megaman Battle Network/.hack crossover that's basically just Caprica for eight year olds.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby ReifuTD » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:03 am

Are we talking about Classic or X? Because X was in the first one,

Anyway, if Sonic shows up in this game, I would be awesome if they team him with Mega Man as a unit in the game. A Mega Man and Roll team up unit would be adorable and have either Proto Man or Bass as a support.

I kind of wished the first game allowed people to replay levels after they bet them. I kept wanting to grind a few of my weaker characters or see if I could play thought it better and reach all the chests.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Spin » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:26 pm

I thought the character lineup for Project X Zone was awful. So I'm indifferent to the news of a sequel.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby diamonddeath » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:29 pm

I'm still waiting for the first game, that is, "Namco X Capcom", which only came out in Japan for the PS2. They should port it to the 3DS as "Project X Zone 0", or "Project X Zone" with a subtitle to differentiate it from the second game / first 3DS game in the series.
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby lalalei2001 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:24 pm

lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby ReifuTD » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:19 pm

diamonddeath wrote:I'm still waiting for the first game, that is, "Namco X Capcom", which only came out in Japan for the PS2. They should port it to the 3DS as "Project X Zone 0", or "Project X Zone" with a subtitle to differentiate it from the second game / first 3DS game in the series.

Have you played Endless Frontier? Was fairy tale theme and I think that game kind of spun out of Namco X Capcom. The first game came to the west but the second stayed in Japan.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby ClareSilver47 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:11 pm

Huh, I played the entire Project X Zone on my 3DS

It is a game that I never ever ever want to ever touch again
I put in like 100 hours just to finish it, once.
Once you hit chapter 20, you want to shoot yourself because you're controlling 20 characters in one map with like 100 enemies so just taking your turns takes like a full minute (and I changed the settings to be uber fast) not to mention each chapter has like 3 parts at that point. You aren't even introduced to X and Zero at that point!
ClareSilver47
BumbleNoble

Postby diamonddeath » Sat May 02, 2015 1:39 pm

ReifuTD wrote:
diamonddeath wrote:I'm still waiting for the first game, that is, "Namco X Capcom", which only came out in Japan for the PS2. They should port it to the 3DS as "Project X Zone 0", or "Project X Zone" with a subtitle to differentiate it from the second game / first 3DS game in the series.

Have you played Endless Frontier? Was fairy tale theme and I think that game kind of spun out of Namco X Capcom. The first game came to the west but the second stayed in Japan.

I didn't. Is it its own series? I didn't even realize. I wish we got all the relevant games here in the west. I think Namco X Capcom would make a great 3DS port even with a different title.
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!