Full List of Erased Characters?

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Full List of Erased Characters?

Postby Astrobot7000 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:55 am

Has anyone compiled a full list of all the characters that have been erased as a result of the new continuity? I tried searching the archives, but the search function is aparently disabled. I only get a "General Error" page. I also went through about 8 pages of the archives trying to find the topic, but I was unable to do so (unless I just missed it, which is possible). If someone could point me in the right direction I would be most grateful.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Re: Full List of Erased Characters?

Postby Meliden » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:25 am

Someone tried, but it's pretty outdated by now, especially the Google Docs one people used to keep citing. The full list looks as follows right now;

-Anyone from any other writer. DeCesare's characters, being the only disputable status that I know of, haven't been seen despite him being current Archie staff, and Tania Del Ray's contribution was a design as opposed to a full character (which is probably why Nicole is allowed to keep her Lynx form).
-Anything from the future stories, regardless of who they were made by (and this includes general concepts like the Prelates).
-Any active SEGA character family (that's not Cream's mother or Jet's father) judging by how things have been rejigged (most family come under other writers, but there were some Ian-made ones like Vector's adopted father, Espio's mother...that one picture that was only a painting on the wall and may or may not have been an Amy relation, there's actually not that many). Family of forgotten (and non-canon, technically) SEGA characters are more up in the air, and SatAM characters are allowed to have comic family obviously but the previous individuals not called King Acorn were scrapped because of the first point.
-By the sounds of it, any species-specific groups since the population is now interspersed fully (so no platypus uprising, and the entire basis of the ninja clans).
-Beauregard Rabbot
-Matilda the Armadillo
-Scourge the Hedgehog
-Shard the Metal Sonic
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Sunwalker » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:27 am

Here is a list of Archie Sonic characters by author:
https://sites.google.com/site/sthcharasbyauthor/

If I am remembering correctly, this list was compiled by The KKM.

It is worth noting that never there were any official confirmation about what characters are gone and what are not, but by the looks of things it seems that the only characters that aren't gone are: the ones from the games (obviously), from SatAM, from AoSTH, and the ones created after Ian joined the comic (STH #160 onwards). Characters by Ken Penders and Karl Bollers are almost certainly gone.
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby Astrobot7000 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:37 am

Thanks guys!
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby Meliden » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:56 am

Not every character Ian made is safe either, Sunwalker.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Sunwalker » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:03 am

Meliden wrote:Not every character Ian made is safe either, Sunwalker.

The ones based on concepts of previous writers are most likely gone too, I thought about it after I posted. It seemed obvious for me that they are problematic, since they have elements by previous writers. But I guess that I should have worded it to something like "characters 100% created by Ian" are most likely safe.

There is also the family members of some SEGA characters, but those characters not allowed with or without legal issues.
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby Matt7325 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:33 am

At this point it's probably easier to say "anyone who hasn't already shown up or been mentioned". I don't think we're going to suddenly get a surprise visit from Uma Arachnis (for instance).
Matt7325
BumbleKnight

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:02 pm

Ian said something to the effect that he hasn't really made an effort to find out who might be useable from other writers not entangled in the legal issues, mainly because he'd rather move forward and build up the nu252 universe than try and salvage bits and pieces of the old one.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby squeakyboots13 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:11 pm

Anyone who isn't from the games, the Dic cartoons, or created by Ian. Probably the simplest and best answer that can be given.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby Astrobot7000 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:39 am

squeakyboots13 wrote:Anyone who isn't from the games, the Dic cartoons, or created by Ian. Probably the simplest and best answer that can be given.

Yeah, but I was asking for a list so I didn't have to re-read the entire series for the specific characters. I'm doing a fan project about them, but if a list had already been compiled it would save weeks of reading.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Return to This Side of Mobius