The editiorials?

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

The editiorials?

Postby TheFatPanda » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:30 pm

Does anyone else miss the editiorial pages? ("The Sonic Spin" and "Rock On")

I thought it made the experience more intimate, and it was nice reading the anecdotes and behind-the-scenes stuff.

Do you agree? Would you wanna see them make a return?
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Re: The editiorials?

Postby Tylinos » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:21 pm

They didn't add a whole lot, but I liked seeing them while they were around. Still, if it came down to page time between them and the comic itself, better to give the space to the comic.
Tylinos
BumbleKnight

Postby Meliden » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:28 pm

And then both got space cuts, joys.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby linebyline » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:59 pm

It depends. Sometimes they were good, other times not so much. I don't want to see it brought back just for the sake of it even if there's nothing worth saying, but I'd love to see it show up on occasion.
linebyline
BumbleKnight

Postby PC the Hedgehog » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:29 pm

As said, editorials made the comic feel more intimate. Say what you will about people like Justin Gabrie, but the man knew how to interact with his audience and make them feel like they were part of the Sonic family without talking down to them.

I say get rid of the fan art section and bring back editorials. Fan art is easy enough to find through other means that having it printed in a book isn't really necessary.
PC the Hedgehog
BumbleNoble

Postby Penguin God » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:48 pm

I honestly never read those editorial sections until they were pointed out to me, and even then I never really got anything out of them. The fanart/letters page is alright since it's a kid comic and that interactivity is nice, but personally I don't really read any of that extra stuff.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby theJcfreak » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:50 pm

I rarely like editorials in any comic. Most of it just reeks of self-serving backpatting about how awesome their idea was and how lucky the customers are to be able to read it. Sometimes they just stick with interesting behind the scenes stuff and unused concepts but that seems rare.
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby The Swordsman » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:57 pm

I liked them and would like to see them return.
The Swordsman
BumbleCitizen

Location: Somewhere fighting the Eggman Empire for the United Federation.

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:53 pm

I'd like to see them return, but with more insight from the writers and artists themselves. If I remember right, it was mostly the... well, editor who would write in that space before, right?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Astrobot7000 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:35 am

I always preferred them to the "Find Your Name in Print" pages.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby Sunwalker » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:20 am

Well, there were a editorial at the end of Sonic the Hedgehog #271, that was released today. It came to announce that there is a new editor:

Paul Kaminski wrote:Attention: Sonic fans! Hear ye, hear ye!

Its my privilege to officially introduce to you your new Sonic the Hedgehog comics Editor -- Vincent Lovallo!

Vin has been working on these books for years now as Assistant Editor to yours truly, and his brilliant work has helped to transform the comics you hold in your hands month after month into the pristine works of art that they are today. And believe me, the awesomeness youve got coming up in the next few months courtesy of Mr. Lovallo is going to blow you away! I couldn't be happier or more proud to have Worked with Vin, and hes about to become the best Archie Action editor ever.

Thanks to everyone who made my time as Editor a great one — especially to Mike Pellerito, who set a shining example of how to do this job and do it well. Also a big thanks to Victor Gorelick who hired me all those years ago, Jon Goldwater who makes publishing these wonderful titles possible, everyone at Archie who has pitched in to help over the years, to SEGA, especially Rene and George, for all their support, and to the incredible talent I got to work with on these titles! Chatting with lan Flynn, Tracy Yardley, Patrick Spaziante, Matt Herms, Jack Morelli, John Workman, Jim Amash, Terry Austin, Rick Bryant, Ryan Jampole and so many others is always the highlight of my dayAnd last but not least, thanks to you the reader and all the fans who have written to us, said hello at shows, and supported these titles through five crazy years of expansion, change and epic new heights. You pals n' gals are the best.

Long story short, get ready for big action, tons of laughs and LOTS of adventure as Vin takes the reigns.

To quote Mike, "the best is yet to come!"

Paul
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby Betz! » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:20 pm

Astrobot7000 wrote: "Find Your Name in Print" pages.

Explain. I wasn't around for these.
Betz!
BumbleKnight

Postby TheFatPanda » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:31 pm

Betz! wrote:

It was a section the comics had back in the early years, where they printed the names of hundreds of different people who sent in letters and art but didn't get printed. It was basically the comics way of going "hey thanks for sending in your stuff, we didn't have room to print it but we totally got it and we're gonna prove it by acknowledging you somewhere in this giant wall of text!"
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Betz! » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:32 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:
Betz! wrote:

It was a section the comics had back in the early years, where they printed the names of hundreds of different people who sent in letters and art but didn't get printed. It was basically the comics way of going "hey thanks for sending in your stuff, we didn't have room to print it but we totally got it and we're gonna prove it by acknowledging you in giant wall of text!"

Ah. K thanks for details.
Also, would like to see a return of the editorial pages, but with more BTS stuff, ya know?
Betz!
BumbleKnight

Return to This Side of Mobius