Zone Talk

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Zone Talk

Postby Spinehog » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:02 am

The Swordsman wrote:Mostly I want to see this one [Red Mountain] because of those weird things in prison and wanting to find out whats up with them.

This. Ever since encountering them as a kid, I've wanted to know what was up with those strange ghost(?) creatures.
Spinehog
BumbleNoble

Postby Weeg the Ninji » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:02 am

Bring back Sunset Town from Fighters.

Spoiler: show
And make it Fighting Vipers References: The City. Make it not!Armstone City even. It could be the setting for a 4-issue Honey focused saga.

Aaaand now I'm fantasizing about things that will never happen again. Crud.
Weeg the Ninji
BumbleNewbie

Postby Profgawhite678 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:06 am

It would be interesting to see how Ian would make Music Plant and Toy Kingdom work (especially with Music Plant's psychedelic sky-scape). It also would be great seeing the Little Planet in all its splendor and oddities.

streetsonic13 wrote:
Not to found of that change honestly. I mean I know The Zone of Silence couldn't be used but why not use the Void?

Guess they can't cause it's part of the old community. Seriously, there's gotta be something more in the Special Zone besides going in there for the Chaos Emeralds.

Partially inspired from this post early from the Sonic Comic Origins topic, I would really to see the Special Stage Zone as an overall smörgåsbord of all of the Special Stages in the games, especially Sonic CD's drop-dead gorgeous special stages. Some of them even look inhabitable.

*cough*hint,hint*cough*
Profgawhite678
BumbleFan

Postby Ryu The Weredragon » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:07 am

Profgawhite678 wrote:It would be interesting to see how Ian would make Music Plant and Toy Kingdom work (especially with Music Plant's psychedelic sky-scape). It also would be great seeing the Little Planet in all its splendor and oddities.

streetsonic13 wrote:
Not to found of that change honestly. I mean I know The Zone of Silence couldn't be used but why not use the Void?

Guess they can't cause it's part of the old community. Seriously, there's gotta be something more in the Special Zone besides going in there for the Chaos Emeralds.

Partially inspired from this post early from the Sonic Comic Origins topic, I would really to see the Special Stage Zone as an overall smörgåsbord of all of the Special Stages in the games, especially Sonic CD's drop-dead gorgeous special stages. Some of them even look inhabitable.

*cough*hint,hint*cough*

I do think that would be a good idea...
Despite the blatant attempt to make it a StC reference, Nack, at least, IS canonically from the Special Zone, so...
Ryu The Weredragon
BumbleKnight

Postby Profgawhite678 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:40 pm

Ryu The Weredragon wrote:
Profgawhite678 wrote:It would be interesting to see how Ian would make Music Plant and Toy Kingdom work (especially with Music Plant's psychedelic sky-scape). It also would be great seeing the Little Planet in all its splendor and oddities.

streetsonic13 wrote:

*cough*hint,hint*cough*

Despite the blatant attempt to make it a StC reference, Nack, at least, IS canonically from the Special Zone, so...

Actually, that was suppose to be a nudge towards Ian to make it a reality. Granted, it does bring reminders of STC's Special Zone, but I think it could work so that it wouldn't seem so blantant (plus, we would have something a tad more original and "Sonicy" than that superhero world in STC, no offense). As for Nack, I think that while it wasn't outright stated that he was from the Special Zone, the Japanese manual from Sonic Triple Trouble does give off evidence that seems to lean towards that idea.
Profgawhite678
BumbleFan

Postby Ryu The Weredragon » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:53 pm

Profgawhite678 wrote:
Ryu The Weredragon wrote:

streetsonic13 wrote:

*cough*hint,hint*cough*

Actually, that was suppose to be a nudge towards Ian to make it a reality. Granted, it does bring reminders of STC's Special Zone, but I think it could work so that it wouldn't seem so blantant (plus, we would have something a tad more original and "Sonicy" than that superhero world in STC, no offense). As for Nack, I think that while it wasn't outright stated that he was from the Special Zone, the Japanese manual from Sonic Triple Trouble does give off evidence that seems to lean towards that idea.

Eh, fair enough. But the Sonic Drift 2 manual makes it explicit on Nack/Fang. To be fair, having read every official StC Sonic comic except the specials - as I can't find any scans of them - I can say with honesty that StC had TONS of good ideas, but they never really implemented them well. Nothing good was used to it's fullest potential, and things that were bad were often explored more - like the Evil Super Sonic. That plot could have been resolved a lot sooner and made to put in line with the games once it became clear that they had gotten the whole point of Super Sonic wrong, but the ending had to turn it back into the way things were, just minus Johnny.
Ryu The Weredragon
BumbleKnight

Postby Nack » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:53 pm

Someone should draw a Sonic World Atlas or something. I feel silly for not knowing where anything is.
Nack
BumbleNewbie

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:19 am

In fairness, I think we're all in the same boat on that one... even SEGA.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:35 pm

well, Unleashed had a world map of sorts, and it introduced the idea of what continents the world is composed of, although it didnt use the names the comics use or specify where locations from older games fit into it
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:41 pm

AllHailShadow wrote:well, Unleashed had a world map of sorts, and it introduced the idea of what continents the world is composed of, although it didnt use the names the comics use or specify where locations from older games fit into it

The question, of course, being whether SEGA would adhere to that in a future installment-- didn't other games show the world in different ways, too?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius