ComicsAlliance Talks about the Morality of Mega Man

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

ComicsAlliance Talks about the Morality of Mega Man

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:47 am

It's a very interesting read.

Honestly it's pretty much all of this that I don't care about short Robot Master fights or "Crammed Adaptations" this book is just over all fantastic and does things with characters old and new that make it something I genuinely love and look forward too every month.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Re: ComicsAlliance Talks about the Morality of Mega Man

Postby QuantamEdge » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:46 pm

Quite an insightful read. Makes me wish we saw more of Quake Woman and Break Man, since I find them the most interesting of characters. A good point that was raised was how mature this book is for what's basically a comic that uses the whole idea of a robot shooting others robots and makes me all the more eager to see where this thing will be in the next few years.
QuantamEdge
BumbleKnight

Postby Astrobot7000 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:41 pm

The book is indeed quite good (at this point it is far superior to Sonic), but it isn't perfect. The short Robot Master fights and the overwhelmingly crammed game adaptations are significant weaknesses and have been strongly criticized both here and elsewhere. However, this are improving all the time. The Ra Moon arc successfully found a way to un-cramp the content (even if that issue where Mega Man and Guts Man explored underground was pointless). In addition, the Mega Man 3 arc is excellent with its focus on the Robot Masters. The fights are still very short, but nothing is perfect. The reason I bring this up is that even though the book has its flaws (though they are improving a lot), it is still replete with depth, as this article points out.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby Antiyonder » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:35 pm

^^^True, but when something like crammed adaptations or short fights is the worst that we can find, compared to say many super hero titles from Marvel and DC which have problems that border on disturbing (Like how ASM writers don't seem to understand that rape by deception is still wrong), it's easy to see Mega Man being close to perfect.
Antiyonder
BumbleCitizen

Return to For Everlasting Peace!