Other Capcom franchises in Archie Mega Man universe

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Other Capcom franchises in Archie Mega Man universe

Postby ReifuTD » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:55 pm

I was wondering, what if most of the Capcom franchises are in the same shared universe as Mega Man's world and witch one could exist the most easily opening the door for crossovers and possible back door pilots. Like for example I would love to a Street Fighter/Mega Man crossover, Ever since they that one game came out, Thinking about it they could be in the same world, I mean Street Fighter's isn't known for robots but they do have robots and cyborgs there and the only reason why Mega Man's world looks like it have so many robots is maybe because they focused on that aspect of the world. In reality robots don't affect most people like how fighting and the ability to use ki don't affect most people.

This same logic could go for other things like Resident Evil, The from what I seen of the world of that game the existence of a zombie virus has affected some people but for most people unless you are there when an outbreak happens it's just a news story in some other city. The Ace Attorney characters could work that way as well.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Re: Other Capcom franchises in Archie Mega Man universe

Postby Damo » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:40 pm

Capcom apparently gave Archie a firm "No" on putting in other Capcom properties. Little silly "meet Dr. Wily's lawyer, Firebird Rong" things are probably all we'll see.
Damo
BumbleKnight

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:16 am

Damo wrote:Capcom apparently gave Archie a firm "No" on putting in other Capcom properties. Little silly "meet Dr. Wily's lawyer, Firebird Rong" things are probably all we'll see.

Nick Light (no relation)!

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby ReifuTD » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:55 am

Damo wrote:Capcom apparently gave Archie a firm "No" on putting in other Capcom properties. Little silly "meet Dr. Wily's lawyer, Firebird Rong" things are probably all we'll see.

It doesn't matter we are speculating one what would work if it was done, not if it would be allowed, besides Capcom could change their policy, Specially if the Archie gets the comic right to something like Street Fighter or Phoenix Right. Because I think a Capcom omniverse world might be fun.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Spin » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:36 pm

Just happy we got a Phoenix Wright expy and didn't have to wait years to chance him appearing for the MM9 adaption.

UDON has been doing the Street Fighter comics for years and may still own the license to do the comics. And I rather keep the two franchises separated. With the exception of possibly seeing the Chun Li news reporter back in the comic again just because of the cameo in MM9.

If the comic was ever able to do a crossover with another Capcom series one day. I rather see something obscure in terms of another Capcom game.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:27 pm

Spin wrote:UDON has been doing the Street Fighter comics for years and may still own the license to do the comics.

Yep.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Astrobot7000 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:09 pm

I would like to see Mega Man and Captain Commando team up. They are pretty darn close, if not even, in terms of technological equivalence. I see no reason why they coudln't be in the same world.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby ReifuTD » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:15 pm

Astrobot7000 wrote:I would like to see Mega Man and Captain Commando team up. They are pretty darn close, if not even, in terms of technological equivalence. I see no reason why they coudln't be in the same world.

Isn't he also known as Captain Capcom or something.

Anyway this reminds me ever since Xander Pain I've been wanting to see him meet Bionic Commando although I'd prefer the Marvel VS Capcom version or the Remastered version.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:58 pm

ReifuTD wrote:
Astrobot7000 wrote:I would like to see Mega Man and Captain Commando team up. They are pretty darn close, if not even, in terms of technological equivalence. I see no reason why they coudln't be in the same world.

Isn't he also known as Captain Capcom or something.

Anyway this reminds me ever since Xander Pain I've been wanting to see him meet Bionic Commando although I'd prefer the Marvel VS Capcom version or the Remastered version.

Nay; he's Captain Commando.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:55 am

ReifuTD wrote:

It doesn't matter we are speculating one what would work if it was done, not if it would be allowed, besides Capcom could change their policy, Specially if the Archie gets the comic right to something like Street Fighter or Phoenix Right. Because I think a Capcom omniverse world might be fun.

I did not know I wanted a Phoenix Wright comic until now. Thought it would probably be very hard to pull off compelling mysteries and comedy in a monthly format.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby ReifuTD » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:01 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:
ReifuTD wrote:

I did not know I wanted a Phoenix Wright comic until now. Thought it would probably be very hard to pull off compelling mysteries and comedy in a monthly format.

Well the only mystery comic I'm reading right now is Gotham Academy, it's only three issues in, and I only started buying the series a few weeks ago so I haven't gotten a sense of wait between issues yet. Basically the only universal completely about the series, is that the revealing of the mystery/mysteries are a little slow in the forthcoming. (Although frankly I'm happy with the pacing so far,) Some advantages that Gotham Academy does have what it would share with Phoenix Wright would be it set up of visually interesting characters and a fun sense of humor. So the comic series maybe a good allegory for Phoenix Wright at the moment.

Anyway the complaint about the whole pacing of mysteries, given how compartmentized the stories of Ace Attorney are, I think the pace and progression of the mystery stories would definitely be faster paced then in Gotham Academy. Actually I would start out with a short mystery story like one that would be two issues long, the premier issue will get people interested and wanting to see what happens in issue 2, since the second issue would have a conclusion, it would give people satisfaction. Then for the last page of issue 2 give a teaser for issue 3 and then the next four issues would be a full four issue story arc. Maybe going into six issue story arcs later.

I think that would be the best way to keep readers interested, plus it would be like the games, the games first stories always much shorter than the rest. Then having a longer stories as a series goes on. Although the trial system of Ace Attorney actually kind of limits how long a story arc can be.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:29 am

ReifuTD wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:
ReifuTD wrote:

Well the only mystery comic I'm reading right now is Gotham Academy, it's only three issues in, and I only started buying the series a few weeks ago so I haven't gotten a sense of wait between issues yet. Basically the only universal completely about the series, is that the revealing of the mystery/mysteries are a little slow in the forthcoming. (Although frankly I'm happy with the pacing so far,) Some advantages that Gotham Academy does have what it would share with Phoenix Wright would be it set up of visually interesting characters and a fun sense of humor. So the comic series maybe a good allegory for Phoenix Wright at the moment.

Anyway the complaint about the whole pacing of mysteries, given how compartmentized the stories of Ace Attorney are, I think the pace and progression of the mystery stories would definitely be faster paced then in Gotham Academy. Actually I would start out with a short mystery story like one that would be two issues long, the premier issue will get people interested and wanting to see what happens in issue 2, since the second issue would have a conclusion, it would give people satisfaction. Then for the last page of issue 2 give a teaser for issue 3 and then the next four issues would be a full four issue story arc. Maybe going into six issue story arcs later.

I think that would be the best way to keep readers interested, plus it would be like the games, the games first stories always much shorter than the rest. Then having a longer stories as a series goes on. Although the trial system of Ace Attorney actually kind of limits how long a story arc can be.

Would love for the series to just be a bunch of side stories, where we can see returning characters and whatnot in ways that won't mess with the game's canon (heck, maybe then they can explain what the heck happened to the Jurist system)
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby ReifuTD » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:40 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:
ReifuTD wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:
ReifuTD wrote:

Would love for the series to just be a bunch of side stories, where we can see returning characters and whatnot in ways that won't mess with the game's canon (heck, maybe then they can explain what the heck happened to the Jurist system)

like an Ace Attorney Chronicles or something? One thing, Apparently it is Canon in the English dub that during World War II that the Japanese were never suppressed allowing their culture to flourish significantly on the West Coast of the United States. Hence all the Japaneseness.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interes ... les/.80633
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:57 pm

ReifuTD wrote:

like an Ace Attorney Chronicles or something? One thing, Apparently it is Canon in the English dub that during World War II that the Japanese were never suppressed allowing their culture to flourish significantly on the West Coast of the United States. Hence all the Japaneseness.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interes ... les/.80633[/quote]
That's interesting, but, uh, did Pearl Harbor never happen, or were 1940s americans in this universe a lot less racist and jingoistic and apparently very very forgiving.

does this also mean that Dr. Seuss and Stan Lee never worked for the military?

Man, I think I think about this stuff too much, but I can't help but do that.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby ReifuTD » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:14 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:
ReifuTD wrote:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interes ... les/.80633

That's interesting, but, uh, did Pearl Harbor never happen, or were 1940s americans in this universe a lot less racist and jingoistic and apparently very very forgiving.

does this also mean that Dr. Seuss and Stan Lee never worked for the military?

Man, I think I think about this stuff too much, but I can't help but do that.

well I'm a fan of alternate histories, but to be honest if Pearl Harbor never happened I'm pretty sure that the USA would find some other excuse to attack Germany, that's basically Pearl Harbor did was give the United States an excuse to enter World War 2 and attack Germany, Japan was just after thought. The American public at the time didn't want to have anything to do with the war in Europe but the president wanted to enter into the war. This is why there is a big conspiracy theory that Pearl Harbor was allowed to happen.

So, if the United States never had a big vendetta against Japan during World War 2, the United States probably won't have pushed so much to attack Japan and just let Japan and China duke it out only adding to Ally support, because invading Japan island by island was a pretty hard frinken deal. Heck a prolonged war between China and Japan especially if Japan collapsed would have caused even a more increase in Japanese immigrant population to the West Coast.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!