Comics Get! How'd YOU start reading MM?

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Comics Get! How'd YOU start reading MM?

Postby Betz! » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:23 pm

We have one for Sonic why not Mega Man?

So how did you pick up your first issue of Mega Man comics? Give us all the details. I'll go,first. I first found out,about Mega Man at the Worlds Collide saga and have been following them ever since.

How about you? Remember: this is just for fun. No hate here. :)
Betz!
BumbleKnight

Re: Comics Get! How'd YOU start reading MM?

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:13 pm

My younger brother's a massive Mega Man fan so he was going to start following the book and I started reading it because Ian Flynn was writting it. I'm glad I did because this comic is soooooooo good.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby ShadowBat20 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:41 pm

I was never really all that interested in Mega Man, but when the crossover was announced, I decided to check out a few issues to find out some stuff about Mega Man (around this time, I downloaded Mega Man 1 off the Wii Shop and LOVED it). Well, I read the issues, loved 'em, and now I'm a huge fan of not just the comic, but pretty much all things Mega Man. I'll even go on record saying that I now enjoy this comic even more than the Sonic comic. It's just THAT good.
ShadowBat20
BumbleClan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:22 pm

When I was a child... there were no Mega Man comics.

When I was a teenager, though... there were also no Mega Man comics.

(There were manga, but I don't think one could accurately say I was "reading" those.)

When I was a young adult, however... there were Mega Man comics.

They pretty much sucked, and it was thought for a time that no one would want to touch the property as a comic for a long, long time.

When I was a less-young adult... I'd already been reading Archie's Sonic for some time, and they said they were doing Mega Man, and I was like "Yeah, I'm on board for that."

Then I got to write some stuff.

The future has yet to be written, but I'm going to be somewhat disappointed if it involves the book not being around and me using rolled-up copies of the book to thwack Mega Man fans who say they never knew there was a comic over the head.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby SonicSoul » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:52 pm

Wasn't a MM fan when I heard the announcement it was getting a comic series. Though I was curious so I felt like looking up play-throughs on YouTube on few of the games to educate myself on the lore (which was how I got introduced to ClementJ642 or 'The Great Clement' since he already did all the Classic and X games at that point).

I was impressed/intrigued by what I saw and heard, so I'd thought I'd give it a shot. Needless to say I feel that was a great choice in retrospect.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby TheMajinV » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:15 pm

I've been a fan of classic Mega Man as long as I can remember. Once I picked up the Sonic comics again after so many years, it was inevitable that I would find my way to the Mega Man series once it was announced. Been following since Issue #1.
TheMajinV
BumbleNewbie

Postby SurrealBrain » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:06 pm

I wasn't into Mega Man when the Archie comic was first announced, though I was interested.

Ian Flynn was writing, though, so I figured I'd give it a shot if I could. Found the first issue at Borders when that store was still in business, and I'm glad I did, because it's quite good.

Been keeping up when I could since then. Plus, I played the games because of this, and they've been fun.
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby Damo » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:14 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:When I was a child... there were no Mega Man comics.

When I was a teenager, though... there were also no Mega Man comics.

(There were manga, but I don't think one could accurately say I was "reading" those.)

When I was a young adult, however... there were Mega Man comics.

They pretty much sucked, and it was thought for a time that no one would want to touch the property as a comic for a long, long time.

When I was a less-young adult... I'd already been reading Archie's Sonic for some time, and they said they were doing Mega Man, and I was like "Yeah, I'm on board for that."

Then I got to write some stuff.

The future has yet to be written, but I'm going to be somewhat disappointed if it involves the book not being around and me using rolled-up copies of the book to thwack Mega Man fans who say they never knew there was a comic over the head.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

What he said. Did buy the Ikehara manga along with some very rough very iffy "translator's notes" describing bits of dialog and story, but the first ones I can say I totally read were the Dreamwave books, and... the art had its moments.

Still, beats what Brazilian Mega Man fans got.
Damo
BumbleKnight

Postby Antiyonder » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:36 am

I've been a longtime Mega Man fan since the early 90s. Played all 6 NES games, the first 3 GB games and rented 7 for the SNES once. Watched both Captain N The Game Master and Mega Man The Animated Series too.

And I've been reading Sonic the Hedgehog since #198, thus through comic ads and news sites, I knew about the comic pretty much from the getgo. Being a fan thus far of Ian's work on Sonic, I was already to get Mega Man when it first hit comic stores.
Antiyonder
BumbleCitizen

Postby colleenekat » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:39 pm

Well the worlds collide mainly got me "into" the megaman comics. I wanted to read them, but at the time could not afford the subscription. Then I got a deal online with the first 4 books, plus 3 issues of megaman all reduced. So I got all the world collide with the books for megaman issues I had missed.
colleenekat
BumbleNewbie

Postby Yarcaz » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:58 pm

I originally was reading the Archie Sonic Comics then found out about the upcoming Crossover and Bought and read all of the Archie Mega-Man issues to catch up for the crossover and now still buy and read the Archie Mega-Man Comics.
Yarcaz
BumbleFan

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:00 pm

Basically got into it as Worlds Collide was announced-I figured I'd probably be well-served by knowing what had gone on before. Now I enjoy the series for its own sake.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby SaturnWalrus7 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:36 pm

I'm a big fan of Megaman ever since was a kid,I have been buying Megaman Archie Comics since it started :mrgreen:
SaturnWalrus7
BumbleNewbie

Postby Tsurugi » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:58 pm

My first experience with Megaman was through the NT Warrior Tv series, or what little I saw of it. I saw some of the Battle Network games in a local toy shop but never picked them up. i started reading the comics through the app a little while after joining BumbleKing, I think, and so far have from the beginning to Spiritus Ex Machina, as well as the crossover with Sonic.
Tsurugi
BumbleNoble

Postby The Bored » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:59 pm

I'm pretty much the same as you guys who got into it because Ian was writing about it. I wasn't even born when the NES was released so I never got into Mega Man. Heck I had only ever heard of the character once as a kid before I heard about the comic. I got into the games pretty soon after getting into the comics. Mega Man has quickly become one of my favorite franchises in both games and comics. Part of me wishes that I had gotten into the Blue Bomber earlier, but then I'd probably be just as grumpy as a lot of Mega Man fans are now.
The Bored
BumbleNoble

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!