Mega Man #39 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #39 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:45 am

Literally right after he sees that guy, he sees someone else falling off the bridge and reacts to save his life. I think it makes perfect sense for X to save the guy who will die unless he acts instead of eulogizing the one who might already be.

"Our Lord, who art in Heaven, please--"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"--SPLAT!

"Do you mind?! I'm trying to mourn here, this person could be dead!"

Driver: "Cough! Cough! ...I think I'm okay..."

"Oh. Well, is my face red or what? Okay, other person, what did you nee--eeeeeeeww..."

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Penguin God » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:26 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:
Penguin God wrote:They are still doing this in the Mega Man book, you know. It might stay sanitized or it might not when it goes into its own series, but they're not gonna fill the Classic book with that tone shift just because X is around.

It's not a tone shift because Ra Moon killed hundreds, if not thousands of people

And they never actually say anybody's dead or show it. They just imply it, letting you fill in the blanks. Just like here. He clearly reacts: just because he says might doesn't mean he's suddenly stone cold and has no reaction to harsh situations.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby diamonddeath » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:57 pm

Has it been explained yet why Dr. Wily didn't use the Wily Walker previously? It seems it would have really come in handy during his other schemes.

Also, I noticed that Zero's buster was originally on his right arm in this issue, but then it appeared on his left arm soon after. Then it winded up switching from arm to arm after that. Can he actually use dual busters, can he switch his buster from one arm to the next somehow, or was this a mistake?
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:40 am

They can switch arms. Dual-Buster shots require specific upgrades to prevent damaging the user (see the end of Ra Moon).

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby diamonddeath » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:41 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:They can switch arms. Dual-Buster shots require specific upgrades to prevent damaging the user (see the end of Ra Moon).

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Was an upgrade mentioned? I remember Mega Man doing it, so I guess a futuristic robot like Zero should, but when was an upgrade mentioned for Mega Man?
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:20 am

diamonddeath wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:They can switch arms. Dual-Buster shots require specific upgrades to prevent damaging the user (see the end of Ra Moon).

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Was an upgrade mentioned? I remember Mega Man doing it, so I guess a futuristic robot like Zero should, but when was an upgrade mentioned for Mega Man?

It wasn't; that's why he nearly died. X gets such an upgrade in X2, however, as does Zero.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:37 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Literally right after he sees that guy, he sees someone else falling off the bridge and reacts to save his life. I think it makes perfect sense for X to save the guy who will die unless he acts instead of eulogizing the one who might already be.

"Our Lord, who art in Heaven, please--"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"--SPLAT!

"Do you mind?! I'm trying to mourn here, this person could be dead!"

Driver: "Cough! Cough! ...I think I'm okay..."

"Oh. Well, is my face red or what? Okay, other person, what did you nee--eeeeeeeww..."

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

That makes sense. i suppose I could chalk up X's general good-ness and naivety to give Vile the benefit of the doubt, too. "Well I'm not saying Vile DID kill anyone, just that it was really likely. But who knows? I don't. I'm not a doctor."
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby LilacDownDeep » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:45 am

Well, in X's defense, he's a reploid, not a doctor. Darnit, Jim...
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:36 pm

diamonddeath wrote:Has it been explained yet why Dr. Wily didn't use the Wily Walker previously? It seems it would have really come in handy during his other schemes.

Also, I noticed that Zero's buster was originally on his right arm in this issue, but then it appeared on his left arm soon after. Then it winded up switching from arm to arm after that. Can he actually use dual busters, can he switch his buster from one arm to the next somehow, or was this a mistake?

Basically, the Walker was what got him banned from robotics experiments in the first place. I'd imagine it would have been pretty hard for him to have gotten the Walker out of the mesa without somebody noticing. Additionally, the Wily Walker is a weapon of mass destruction-Wily prefers a little controlled chaos to try and convince people to give in to his demands. You can't rule a pile of rubble.

No idea on the Zero thing.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby FoxsDumbSeriesMaker » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:33 am

This might sound harsh and crazy, but I love how Vile just didn't give a crap and blew up the bridges. It makes him a very ruthless and interesting character. I'm pretty sure X knew that the guy was dead, but he wasn't sure that more people have died, which is why he said a lot of people might have been killed. That's how I view the situation. I figure that if we get an X comic, there will be better ways to show death in the series. I'm wondering if an X comic would be rated Teen, for superhero violence and mild language. The X series does curse a little.

Also, has Vile ever used a Buster on his arms before? Maybe I just have bad memory, but I was kinda surprised to see him use one in this issue. I know he's a weapons expert, but still.
FoxsDumbSeriesMaker
BumbleCitizen

Postby Zan » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:46 pm

Also, has Vile ever used a Buster on his arms before?

He used a Buster in Maverick Hunter X, Vile Mode. Personally, I'm very glad to finally see more MHX elements in this adaptation.
Zan
BumbleFan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:27 pm

Zan wrote:
Also, has Vile ever used a Buster on his arms before?

He used a Buster in Maverick Hunter X, Vile Mode. Personally, I'm very glad to finally see more MHX elements in this adaptation.

as long as they don't use the crappy MHX story, I'm game. Though I do lament the loss of the better Spark Mandril He and Launch Octopus suffered hard in the redesigns.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Zan » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:08 am

as long as they don't use the crappy MHX story, I'm game.

Pray tell, what was wrong with MHX's story? I'm not fond of their decision to make the intro boss vulnerable, but most if not all of the changes were in service to giving proper focus on X as the main character.
Zan
BumbleFan

Postby BlueBlur62391 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:48 pm

image.jpg

Spoiler: show
So we finally get a reference to another robots-and-weapons franchise, right?
BlueBlur62391
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicSoul » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:57 pm

I thought it was more of a reference that bolts are (or will be) used as currency to buy upgrades or items in later MM games.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!