Mega Man #42 Preview

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #42 Preview

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:02 pm

Damo wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:So why doesn't the "Super Smash" variant actually use his Super Smash design?

Nintendo came up with that design. As cool as it is, there's a chance Capcom isn't a fan due to it being made by someone else. Quite likely that Archie just didn't feel like doing a whole cover with that design when there was a chance Capcom would turn around and say "No use the look WE came up with".

Except that they didn't; Capcom came up with that design. A longtime artist for the series, in fact.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby The Bored » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:15 pm

More'n likely Archie just wanted Mega Man to look more like he does in the book.
The Bored
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:04 am

The Bored wrote:More'n likely Archie just wanted Mega Man to look more like he does in the book.

they use his 8-bit design on covers sometime, don't they? that doesn't look like how he does in the book
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Sunwalker » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:45 am

The official Smash game art is not copyright of Capcom, they can't use it in their products. So the way is to come up with new artwork.
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby The KKM » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:45 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:
The Bored wrote:More'n likely Archie just wanted Mega Man to look more like he does in the book.

they use his 8-bit design on covers sometime, don't they? that doesn't look like how he does in the book

Looks closer. Plus Rafa Knight already had that model made, plus the Smash design is literally associated only with Smash and these are not meant to be literal Smash covers but just nods.
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:53 am

The KKM wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:

Looks closer. Plus Rafa Knight already had that model made, plus the Smash design is literally associated only with Smash and these are not meant to be literal Smash covers but just nods.

To me it just screams lazy. Yeah they had the models, but why make a "smash variant" if it isn't gonna look like his smash version?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby The KKM » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:57 pm

Because he's in Smash. Jaheebus. It's not rocket science, here- Archie is not making a Super Smash Bros (R) NINTENDO CORPORATION comic, but three characters from comics they have licensed are appearing in it, so they're NODDING to it- it's NOT a Super Smash Bros. cover, it's a cover about Sonic, Shadow, and Mega Man fighting as in that one game that starts named with Super and Smash.
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:23 pm

The KKM wrote:Because he's in Smash. Jaheebus. It's not rocket science, here- Archie is not making a Super Smash Bros (R) NINTENDO CORPORATION comic, but three characters from comics they have licensed are appearing in it, so they're NODDING to it- it's NOT a Super Smash Bros. cover, it's a cover about Sonic, Shadow, and Mega Man fighting as in that one game that starts named with Super and Smash.

I understand what you're saying, but I'm saying "Why even bother with it if it isn't going to go all the way?"
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Frontier » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:39 pm

SonicWindAttack wrote:Huh, for some reason I thought Shadow Man would be the last Robot Master Mega Man was going to fight. Oh well, I'm sure it'll still be an epic duel. :D

Likewise, especially considering all the attention he's been getting compared to the other MM3 Robot Masters. I assumed he would serve as the Quick Man for this arc, as the "rival" Robot Master for Mega Man, though I guess that role is pretty aptly handled by Break Man. Not to mention that, with Mega Man getting Top Man's weapon in the last issue, he already has an edge over Shadow Man :) .

Having the fights be from the perspectives of the Robot Masters is a nice change from the first two game adaptions, and will hopefully mean more development for Wily's bots :D .

So Top Man and Snake Man in part one, Shadow Man and Gemini Man for part two... with two Robot Master fights per issue, it's looking more likely that this arc will just deal with those battles and adapt the rest of MM3 for the next arc. That should give Ian enough space to give proper focus to both the Robot Masters and the other aspects of MM3.
Frontier
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:12 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:
The KKM wrote:Because he's in Smash. Jaheebus. It's not rocket science, here- Archie is not making a Super Smash Bros (R) NINTENDO CORPORATION comic, but three characters from comics they have licensed are appearing in it, so they're NODDING to it- it's NOT a Super Smash Bros. cover, it's a cover about Sonic, Shadow, and Mega Man fighting as in that one game that starts named with Super and Smash.

I understand what you're saying, but I'm saying "Why even bother with it if it isn't going to go all the way?"

Because people still like it and will probably shell out money for it.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:14 pm

I just had a idea, what if Break Man was tracking down the MM2 robot masters in order to copy their weapon data for Doc Robot to use?
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby Penguin God » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:46 pm

The MM2 Robot Masters are still under Wily's control. I think everybody forgot Flash Man talking about their progress with Wily right next to Gamma.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Frontier » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:06 am

Yeah, pretty much. I think just destroying them so that Doc Robot could have their weapons is a bit of a waste unless the MM2 Robot Masters wouldn't hand over their weapons data willingly which doesn't seem like a big deal. Not to mention I don't think Wily would ever do something like that to his own Bots'.
Frontier
BumbleFan

Postby Illustrious Q » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:21 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:

Archie is doing what they can because they don't have any licenses from Nintendo.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:55 am

Who said anything about destroying them? If MM2 masters were still under his control then why would Break Man need to track them down? Break Man could easily just have a copy chip from Doc Robot that he can use to take the powers of the MM2 Robot Masters. Back in Issue 36, Wily confirmed that the new robot created was to test robot masters but was planning to use it's copy abilities against Mega Man. So that would mean the robot would need it's own copy chip.
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!