Mega Man #50: what are you expecting?

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Mega Man #50: what are you expecting?

Postby TheFatPanda » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:07 am

Mega Man's fiftieth issue is less than a year and 10 issues away. Pretty big deal. And an issue this big needs to have something big happen. What big event are you hoping for?

In the lead up, they're gonna have to rework how the arcs work. If it continued to be four issue arcs, then fifty would wind up being part 2 of an arc, which would be odd.

I speculate the next few issues between "Legends of the Blue Bomber" and issue fifty will consist if at least one single-issue story. Maybe do what Sonic Universe did and make #45 a single issue, a four-issue arc spanning #46-#49 and either a single issue story or part one of a story arc for #50.

Or maybe two stand alone issues for #45 and #46, followed by a four-parter concluding in #50.

Or maybe even a MEGA 6-ISSUE ARC spanning from #45 to #50?
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Re: Mega Man #50: what are you expecting?

Postby lalalei2001 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:25 am

X getting a main story that eclipses the Classic series. :P
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:49 am

From the solicits we got so far, they would be insane to end Mega Man 3 on issue 44, as by 42 they haven't taken care of all the robot masters and Mega Man would still have to deal with the Doc Robot(s) and with Proto Man, not to mention the final showdown against the Wily machine crab thing and Gamma. My guess is either the end of Mega Man 3, or the beginning of whatever arc that Ian wants to do next. Perhaps another time travel thing to set up Quint?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby N'egga Man » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:53 am

Hmm... I'm not too sure what to expect. It could be another Wily scheme (maybe some kind of adaptation of Wily Tower from 'The Wily Wars'), or maybe Xander Payne could come back with a vengeance, thanks to his little time trip in 'Dawn of X'. I'm not that familiar with the series as a whole, so who knows what it could be? Also, wouldn't this actually be Mega Man's first milestone issue to focus on himself? After all, the last one (#25) was just another part of the crossover with Sonic.
N'egga Man
BumbleFan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am

NegaMetallix wrote:Hmm... I'm not too sure what to expect. It could be another Wily scheme (maybe some kind of adaptation of Wily Tower from 'The Wily Wars'), or maybe Xander Payne could come back with a vengeance, thanks to his little time trip in 'Dawn of X'. I'm not that familiar with the series as a whole, so who knows what it could be? Also, wouldn't this actually be Mega Man's first milestone issue to focus on himself? After all, the last one (#25) was just another part of the crossover with Sonic.

Well the next event to happen in the timeline we know from issue 20 is issue 20 itself, so either we get Mega Man 3, something in between Mega Man 3 and Wily Tower, or Wily Tower. (or some other jump in the timeline, like the Xover adaptation or something)
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:40 am

I'm certain that Mega Man 3 is going to be adapted over more than one arc. I'm pretty convinced #50 will end the MM3 storyline with a hopefully extended issue.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Frontier » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:53 am

Yeah, I'm also expecting #50 to finally conclude the MM3 adaption, which has been a long time coming afterall, and include the final Boss Battle with Wily. It would be a very awesome way of celebrating Mega Man's first proper milestone 8) .
Frontier
BumbleFan

Postby Spin » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:23 pm

Hopefully not another Rock of Ages. Those kind of stories need to stay out of the comic.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:04 am

Personally, I hope that #50 has nothing to do with Mega Man X; I'm not really caring much for the whole Dawn of X story, and the parts I do like all happen in the classic era. As for whether 50 will be an adaptation of a classic game, I'm skeptical: while I do think Mega Man 3 could use more than the typical four issues for its adapt, I think that ten is a bit of a stretch. Quite frankly, I like the four issue story arc pattern; it makes Mega Man and Sonic Universe both tidy for the most part, and single issues like SU #45 and SU #50 that throw off the pattern kinda bug me (though I wouldn't mind so much if we could get Underground Epilogue already). I do agree, however, that having 50 just be one more issue in an arc does seem a bit off.

My hope, as opposed to expectation-I honestly don't have one formed) is that after one or two Mega Man 3 arcs (with another arc if they only do one), we'll get a deal kind of like we got with Proto-Type: a story that takes up two issues and a couple of issues that are one-shot stories. That way, 50 gets to be the conclusion of a story as opposed to the middle-it could even be the beginning if we set it up with a duology set between two one-shot stories. As for what that story should be...you've got me. More Proto Man development, a story based on one of the Game Boy/non-console Mega Man games; heck, I'd be up for the official, time warp free introduction of Bass if it were done right.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:52 am

I'm expecting a big finale of the Mega Man 3 arc. Ian has stated MM3 would be longer than others and has already had a lead in arc with Redemption. Either that or end MM 3 with Issue 46 and start a whole new bigger arc for Issue 50.
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:56 pm

I don't know

NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:26 pm

That added so much to the conversation thank you.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:38 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:

That added so much to the conversation thank you.

You're welcome. & yes, I do know that that was sarcasm. I must be off!

NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:39 am

Well I guess we have to keep speculating, because the Archie Panel apparently had nothing to say about Mega Man and had hardly any new information at all except for sneak peeks about Sonic. :/
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Sunwalker » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:19 am

I expect that Mega Man #50...
Spoiler: show
...is coming out after Mega Man #49

Now in all seriousness, I think that the milestone will be the big battle between Mega Man and Protoman/Break Man.
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!