Mega Man #38 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Mega Man #38 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Ian Flynn » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:13 pm

I see some folks are getting it, so up goes the spoiler thread.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Re: Mega Man #38 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby BlueBlur62391 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:27 am

Okay...Worlds Collide is canon? Like, canon-canon? I mean, why else would it be shown there when Xander traveled through time?
BlueBlur62391
BumbleNoble

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:41 pm

BillNoSpoilers wrote:Okay...Worlds Collide is canon? Like, canon-canon? I mean, why else would it be shown there when Xander traveled through time?

If he's against robots, I wonder if he's against giant talking animals as well?

Spoiler: show
Xander: IS THAT A TALKING BLUE HEDGEHOG?!?!? IT WALKS & ACTS LIKE A HUMAN! *insert Lemongrab voice* UNACCEPTABLE! :(hearty laughter):
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

Postby BlueBlur62391 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:55 pm

comic321 wrote:
BillNoSpoilers wrote:Okay...Worlds Collide is canon? Like, canon-canon? I mean, why else would it be shown there when Xander traveled through time?

If he's against robots, I wonder if he's against giant talking animals as well?
Xander: IS THAT A TALKING BLUE HEDGEHOG?!?!? IT WALKS & ACTS LIKE A HUMAN! *insert Lemongrab voice* UNACCEPTABLE! :(hearty laughter):

Be careful, furry fandom.
BlueBlur62391
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:45 pm

Ok guys, what the heck is that panel between Mega Man II GB and that scene from Rock of Ages? Who knows Wily "longer than you can imagine..."

I'm inclined to believe its a Archie Unique storyline coming up, and if that's true I'm excited.

But if it is something from a game, does anyone know what it is?

EDIT: Worlds collide confirmed for future! My timeline is vindicated!
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby EvilEddie » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:57 pm

It might have been Terra. If not it'd pretty much have to be some sort of original concept, nothing else game wise would really fit without going so obscure there would probably be licensing issues or involving time travel from a later series.
EvilEddie
BumbleFan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:23 pm

EvilEddie wrote:It might have been Terra. If not it'd pretty much have to be some sort of original concept, nothing else game wise would really fit without going so obscure there would probably be licensing issues or involving time travel from a later series.

There are two possibilities I can see

1.) It's a game adaptation, but Archie can't use whatever character is talking yet and Ian is working around it, like he did with Rockman Shadow (making him ambiguously Quint)

2.) It's something entirely new and he's building up the hype for it.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby 009* » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:00 pm

So if the book lasts long enough to reach the crossover's events, does that mean that
Megaman and will get a scene where he suddenly remembers the crossover?
009*
BumbleKnight

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:56 pm

009* wrote:So if the book lasts long enough to reach the crossover's events, does that mean that
Megaman and will get a scene where he suddenly remembers the crossover?

I certainly hope so
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Nintenfreak » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:02 am

I spent thirty minutes yesterday looking for my copy, only to realize now that it hasn't arrived yet.
Nintenfreak
BumbleKnight

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:25 pm

Got the issue today but my brother doesn't have part 1 yet he's going to email about it later. Anyway I enjoyed it either way I've dipped my toes into Mega Man X but like the main series I suck horribly at it so I've never gotten too far into them but I still really liked the characters. They all read very real.

I loved the hints at Mega Man 3 and whatever it is that's after Mega Man II And I have to mention it obviousl I'm not entirely sure WWC is canon. When Xander got to 10's place in the Timeline he saw the events of Mega Man #20 where Rock and Bass were jumping through time and blowing up the Anomaly so I think he might have fallen into the Post-Genesis Wave Universe. I could ber wrong but that's how I read it.

Jamal Peppers arc is amazing as always I love his Sonic work but he always seems to bring his A-Game on Mega Man and everything just flowed beautifully.

A 4 out of 5.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Bean » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:01 pm

It felt more like a second buildup issue for me which is rare for the four-part arcs to this point. Not complaining on that front, but I'm ready to see some major league fighting in the next issue as both groups of robots take on the Wily Walker. Have to say I am curious as to how Xander will factor into all of this as well.

Oh, and I really liked the Short Circuits scene. That was out of the blue (and into the red).
Bean
BumbleCitizen

Postby The Swordsman » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:57 pm

Why wouldn't it be? :? Sonic's world was drastically changed because of the crossover, while Rock successfully undid the damage to his world which is why there is less of a impact.
The Swordsman
BumbleCitizen

Location: Somewhere fighting the Eggman Empire for the United Federation.

Postby Tylinos » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:25 pm

The Swordsman wrote:

Why wouldn't it be? :? Sonic's world was drastically changed because of the crossover, while Rock successfully undid the damage to his world which is why there is less of a impact.

Plus, even if it isn't canon-canon, then someone can just easily say Xander only saw it because of the time anomaly showing him an aborted timeline.
Tylinos
BumbleKnight

Postby Sonicpolo » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:44 am

The Short Circuits panel was so cute!
*ahem*

This issue was pretty good, I found Peppers artwork to be improving since Worlds Collide. The dialogue between Vile and Zero was a highlight for me. It's good to see Xander looking through future and alternate future events, seeing alternate futures such as Rock of Ages and Worlds Collide was a surprise for me.

I really really hope we a X series in the future. There is so much potential that can be used from looking at these Pre-MMX events.
Sonicpolo
BumbleCitizen

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!