Mega May (Game spoilers)

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega May (Game spoilers)

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu May 22, 2014 10:09 pm

So Mega Man V seems to be an updated version of MM IV in terms of gameplay, but this mega punch thing has me scratching my head. I mean sure, there are upgrades, but how is sacrificing the ability to shoot while your charged fist is returning to you a fair payoff for whatever else this thing does?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Acrosurge » Fri May 23, 2014 9:34 pm

That does make the Mega Arm more difficult to handle, but if you lose a bunch of your lives in a row, Dr. Light will upgrade Rock so that the Arm fires and returns quicker. Continue to lose your lives and he'll make it nigh lightning-quick.

With its relatively quick charge up time and the other upgrades, like the ability to grab items from a far and hit enemies over and over again, the Mega Arm does rather live up to its reputation as "the most powerful weapon ever devised". Be that as it may, I still prefer the look of the Power Shot from the NES Mega Man 5 and from the Power Fighters.
Acrosurge
BumbleFan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri May 23, 2014 10:26 pm

yeah the "you're doing terrible, let me make the game easier" event in MM4 had me quite annoyed,b ecuase I didn't want to feel like I was cheating, but i didn't want to deal with those passwords, either.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Bean » Sat May 24, 2014 5:25 am

There's also an upgrade for it to repeatedly punch enemies and grab stuff like Ring Boomerang did in IV, so there's that.
Bean
BumbleCitizen

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sat May 24, 2014 12:54 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:yeah the "you're doing terrible, let me make the game easier" event in MM4 had me quite annoyed,b ecuase I didn't want to feel like I was cheating, but i didn't want to deal with those passwords, either.

Not really cheating in any sense that I can see. It's not using a code, a hack, or exploiting a loophole or glitch in the game's coding; it was deliberately put there for that very purpose by the developers.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat May 24, 2014 9:07 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:yeah the "you're doing terrible, let me make the game easier" event in MM4 had me quite annoyed,b ecuase I didn't want to feel like I was cheating, but i didn't want to deal with those passwords, either.

Not really cheating in any sense that I can see. It's not using a code, a hack, or exploiting a loophole or glitch in the game's coding; it was deliberately put there for that very purpose by the developers.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

they couldn't have imagined save states when they made it.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu May 29, 2014 7:32 pm

Think Ian will reference the Engrish that is so rampant in the later X series?

Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu May 29, 2014 8:49 pm

As long as it's not directly, that could be fun.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat May 31, 2014 6:10 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:As long as it's not directly, that could be fun.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

On a related note, I hope he calls Launch Octopus's weapon the "Horming Torpedo"
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby The Bored » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:30 pm

While not necessarily a part of mega may Capcom is going to release some games to the Nintendo E-Shop, including some of the Mega Man Battle Network games.
The Bored
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:55 pm

Just finish Mega Man Xtreme 2 today, and I have to say, while the story is more interesting, and playing Zero is cool, the game is lacking. It suffers from weird ideas like the DNA soul store (why would X power himself up with the souls of fellow reploids?)

The boss AI is severely reduced from the AI available in the first game, and while there are new levels in this game, they seem to suffer from poor level design. Blast Hornet's stage looks really lazy, and the mechanics in Overdrive ostrich's level are so broken, I died more to learning how to properly jump than anything else.

Also I don't like how defeating an enemy or picking an item up with one character makes it only available to that character.

It's by no means a bad game, but its rather forgettable.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Bean » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:43 pm

It's nice to see all these old not re-released games getting a chance to be played again. Mega Man 7 and X3 a pretty dang expensive from what I remember correctly, and I mistakenly thought I owned an original SNES copy of the former.
Bean
BumbleCitizen

Previous

Return to For Everlasting Peace!