Mega Man #36 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #36 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sun May 04, 2014 1:19 am

Axel T Rat wrote:=Not a complaint to this comic in particular, but I'm still wondering what the deal with the thing on Gamma's head is.

It was in the games; when you first confront Gamma, that thing is on top, attacking you. Destroy it, then Dr. Wily comes down with the cockpit that forms the full top of the head, and the battle continues with the last half of Gamma's life bar.

In-story... I'm not sure there has ever been an explanation. I've seen it described as a "decoy," but if I had to guess, I'd say it's a sort of "brain" that allows Gamma to operate independently, which can be overridden by attaching the cockpit for manual controls.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby ReifuTD » Sun May 04, 2014 7:58 am

Wait? so wily is saying the first robot master attack is Ra Moon controling his mind? Did I miss somthing? This issue doesn't seem to explane wily's argument very well. Like he just says Ra Moon took over his mind. Is he saying he just simply took a trip to South America? What did he tell customs? He was on vacation? Or a bissness trip? Did he and Light go down there to advise the UN? I feel like this could have been explained better by adding one line.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby LilacDownDeep » Sun May 04, 2014 11:11 am

When does Wily even NEED to go on a public plane for anything? He has a flying saucer! And didn't he explain he went to the Lanfront ruins to 'prove his worth'?
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sun May 04, 2014 11:36 am

ReifuTD wrote:Wait? so wily is saying the first robot master attack is Ra Moon controling his mind? Did I miss somthing? This issue doesn't seem to explane wily's argument very well. Like he just says Ra Moon took over his mind. Is he saying he just simply took a trip to South America? What did he tell customs? He was on vacation? Or a bissness trip? Did he and Light go down there to advise the UN? I feel like this could have been explained better by adding one line.

He secretly traveled to South America in order to figure out what the EMP waves were, so that he could "clear his good name" by doing some humanitarian work.

that was his story, iirc.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby BlueBlur62391 » Wed May 07, 2014 12:55 pm

Anyone have a picture of the variant ending?
BlueBlur62391
BumbleNoble

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Thu May 15, 2014 10:14 am

So I finally got this issue from Forbidden Planet and here's my thoughts...

The story of this issue was great and has some of the best Wily moments in the comic although I can't help but feels It's tragic that Wily & Dr.Light are both having fun building robots together again but Wily being petty along with jealous of Dr.Light ultimately results in going back to square one. It's going to be interesting how exactly this will lead into Mega Man 3 with Dawn of X. Will Mega Man chase after one of the Wily Masters only to result in it leading into Dawn of X.

Positives:
+Ace Attorney cameos
+Some of the best Wily moments in the comics
+Interesting look on exactly how the whole thing is effecting Wily
+The whole recreation of the opening scene of MM issue 1
+Roll's snarky comments to Wily
+Good humor throughout the issue
+The art is brilliant.

Negatives
-Wily in court didn't last long for what was meant to be the highlight of the story.
-The cover is a bit generic. It is nicely drawn though.
-Opening reveals that Wily didn't bring Mega Man home because of appreciating that Mega Man saved him but rather he was thinking up another scheme. I know this is Wily we are talking about here but Worlds Collide already showed that Wily has a little bit of honor when speaking to Eggman being beaten despite the fact they crossed worlds and changed realities. So I wish for once It could have been Wily's good intentions for once instead of him thinking up another scheme.
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby Zan » Thu May 15, 2014 10:25 am

So I wish for once It could have been Wily's good intentions for once instead of him thinking up another scheme.

Wily still had good intentions. It's just that he was quick to use those good intentions for another scheme in an effort to maintain his facade. I mean, he's far too proud to show such kindness in front of his own creations.
Zan
BumbleFan

Previous

Return to For Everlasting Peace!