Mega Man #36 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #36 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby hyperrush » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:15 am

End of the comic how Original Megaman was stabbed in the Helmet? As i know it's no way Zero kild him.
hyperrush
BumbleFan

Postby Penguin God » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:58 am

He's had several helmets break already. It's a symbol of tragedy, but it doesn't mean he died there.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Sonicpolo » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:17 pm

Finally a issue on time? Fantastic!

Now I have two things to be X-cited for in Mega Man Comics

Mega Man 3 adaption.

Dawn of X.

Poweree's Artwork is one of my favorites along with Ben Bates, Spaz, and Ryan Jampole. The Phoenix Wright Cameo was spot on. They need to put more Capcom Cameos in more issues.
Probably like this
Spoiler: show
A Street Fighter cameo for when the Mega Man 6 arc comes around.

Okay now next month will be Dawn of X arc and I can't wait for more X-ness.
Sonicpolo
BumbleCitizen

Postby diamonddeath » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:04 pm

The judge was also from Phoenix Wright, right ((hearty laughter))? Also, which Street Fighter cameos are you referring to?

As for the issue, I thought it was pretty amazing. I can't wait to find out about that after the credits ending with that Dr. Wily object inside of that Mega Man helmet.
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby Sonicpolo » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:40 am

diamonddeath wrote:The judge was also from Phoenix Wright, right ((hearty laughter))? Also, which Street Fighter cameos are you referring to?

I was just saying that they could put cameos of street fighter characters when that time comes.
Sonicpolo
BumbleCitizen

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:31 pm

Got it today but the Resubscription hasn't come yet and it's the last of my Brother sub.

Anyway great issue I loved Wily's theatrics in court I laughed hard at him putting his arm on his forhead. In fact there was a lot of great Wily stuff in this issue. It's awesome to see just how low Wily self confidence really is as he was starting to regret his desiscion but as soon as Light started talking about himself his ego immediatly started to make him return to his plan. It really speaks to his character.

Powree knocked the art out of the park this issue. The Pheonix Wright cameos (Even though I've never played those games), The Near Panel for Panel recreation of the speech prep scene from issue one, Friggin Gamma! it was all just fantastic and I really hope she does more work in the near future.

Loved the "Post Credits Scene" this is in my opinion the best use of this highly ridiculous concept. It actually felt like a Marvel Post-Credits Scene it set up the next arc really well and gave an interesting visual twist to make people interested.

Over all I'd give the issue a solid 5 out of 5.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Hyper Fourze » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:39 pm

The Ace Attorney references were cute. Absolutely loved them, though I was hoping for an "OBJECTION!"

I absolutely love the characterization given to Dr Wily here. Most adaptations make him irredeemably evil or something, but it's nice to know that he has some sort of conscience.

I also love the world that's being built up with Mega Man X. The games, especially recent ones, have made his character a little...one dimensional. Granted we only see him during war, so it's nice to see how he was before this all got started.

I'm also curious about Dawn of X. I don't expect to be the link between MM and X, but it should be an interesting read.
Hyper Fourze
BumbleNewbie

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:28 pm

Hyper Fourze wrote:I'm also curious about Dawn of X. I don't expect to be the link between MM and X, but it should be an interesting read.

I'm expecting Mega Man to fight a thing, get beaten by it, but it gets stuck underground, then it wakes up in the future and X has to finish it off
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Spin » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:51 pm

Loved the cameos. Yay for Phoenix Wright and Udgey. This was a great issue. Enjoyed Wily's brief moments of internal struggle. He was genuinely humbled by Light, only to be snapped back to reality with Flash Man's appearance. Shame we didn't get to enjoy the Light/Wily partnership longer as I was in no hurry to kickstart the Mega Man 3 adaption.

Now to sit back and wait to see if the comic establishes a new original character with spiky black haired in a few issues and retcons him as having been Wily's lawyer all along.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:38 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:
Hyper Fourze wrote:I'm also curious about Dawn of X. I don't expect to be the link between MM and X, but it should be an interesting read.

I'm expecting Mega Man to fight a thing, get beaten by it, but it gets stuck underground, then it wakes up in the future and X has to finish it off

I'll applaud Ian if it's this.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Zan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:00 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

It shouldn't be. Old Robot was used to wage wars. Furthermore, it was invincible during its prime.
Zan
BumbleFan

Postby El Veinte » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:35 pm

*Flips to first page* Hmm, that's not Ra Thor.

Glad we're back on time for delivery with this issue, which easily defied my expectations, for better or worse. With the hyped focus on the trial itself and the "special jumping-on issue!" blurb (which has now been changed to "the next exciting chapter begins here!") I was expecting more of a trial. You know, like with an actual prosecutor, more witnesses of Wily's crimes, flashbacks, testimony from Wily's arresting officers (one of whom was even featured on the cover but neither in the actual issue, unless that's the back of Rosalyn's head in the first court panel but I doubt it). Stuff that would cover the actual history of the comic just enough to catch new people up and entice them to go back and pick up the previous issues. A clip show, I guess I was expecting. So the two page trial and quick cut to the verdict took me by some surprise.

Same after seeing essentially the start of Mega Man 3, when we know there's another "crossover event" starting next month that will seemingly put it all on hold. I was hoping this event would be less of a narrative interruption than the Sonic one, but so far it looks just as disjointed as the last with the only thread connecting it in the after-credits scene.

It was nice to finally see Wily's side of the Ra Moon aftermath, even though it was exactly what it was foreshadowed to be. It was inspired that to acquit a criminal genius like Wily, it took a crack defense attorney like Wright.

I like all the creative reasoning that goes into the meaning behind the names of some of the characters, like Break Man and now Gamma. I'm a little disappointed that in this story Wily had little to do with the co-design of our giant peace-keeping robot, only coming onto the project when it's nearly complete and days before its unveiling. And also a bit that the space mining is dropped. On the other hand, I like that here Light has a clear reason for wanting to build Gamma other than "giant robots are rad!" As a child I had wondered how Wiley could have "ran off" with something that huge and also fit it to his castle. I have a feeling this time around it will be explained far better.

I'm curious if anyone on here is making the effort to pick up the variant just for the alternate ending? As a gimmick I'm a little annoyed by it. Perhaps I'm just old and crotchety?
El Veinte
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:26 pm

Zan wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

It shouldn't be. Old Robot was used to wage wars.

What, you thought whatever Wily's thing is was made for helping old ladies across the street? ;P

Seriously, though, figures there would be incomplete data-- I was going to use MMKB's link, except they didn't even have this much story info on it.

Furthermore, it was invincible during its prime.

And yet, look at it now. From what we can tell, it seems Mega Man & co. are only able to put it away, rather than destroy it, until X and co. are able to take it on-- likely when it's past its prime, one would imagine.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Zan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:39 pm

What, you thought whatever Wily's thing is was made for helping old ladies across the street? ;P

Seriously, though, figures there would be incomplete data-- I was going to use MMKB's link, except they didn't even have this much story info on it.

And yet, look at it now. From what we can tell, it seems Mega Man & co. are only able to put it away, rather than destroy it, until X and co. are able to take it on-- likely when it's past its prime, one would imagine.

Old Robot
Combat robot used in wars of the past. Heavily armored, attacks were once
useless on this invincible robot, but with the end of the wars, it was turned
to scrap. Where the armor is missing in the center is its weak point.
Zan
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:08 pm

"Wars" is pretty vague.

That said, keep in mind how Ian plays it: The Light Robot Masters didn't assault Wily City in MM2, for example, and Super Adventure Rockman didn't take place prior to Mega Man 3-- at least, going by Beat's presence in the game.

So, it's a possibility, even if it doesn't line up 100% with game lore.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!