Sonic #200 & Sonic Universe #4 Previews *some spoilers*

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Sonic #200 & Sonic Universe #4 Previews *some spoilers*

Postby Sockie » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:55 pm

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #200
Written by Ian Flynn, art by Tracy Yardley and Jim Amash, cover by Patrick Spaziante.

"Turnabout is Fair Play": The epic anniversary issue you've been waiting for is finally here! Back in Sonic #50, Sonic managed to win against his arch-rival, Dr. Robotnik. In Sonic #175, the doctor got his revenge! Now they duel for the fate of the world! Will freedom come to Mobius? Or will the Eggman Empire rule forever more?

32 pages, $2.50, in stores on May 13.

For some reason, Sonic Universe #4's cover isn't there...

SONIC UNIVERSE #4

Written by Ian Flynn, art by Tracy Yardley.

"The Ultimate Lifeform": The all-out battle-turned-alliance between Shadow and Rouge takes a new twist... and there may be no turning back! Transported from G.U.N.'s secret base to the surreal Special Zone, the reluctant allies meet the zone's mega-powerful master, Feist. What will Feist require of them? Can they successfully complete the challenge as well as their other missions and tasks for G.U.N.? What would failure mean to Shadow, who considers himself the "ultimate lifeform?" This action-packed issue co-stars Hope Kintobor and Omega, and features the first assembly of "Team Dark." It also paves the way for the next intriguing saga, which promises to bring back everyone's favorite red echidna!

32 pages, $2.50, in stores on May 27.
Last edited by Sockie on Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sockie
BumbleNoble

Postby Nel » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:59 pm

Thank you, Sonic Universe #4 preview, for spoiling a lingering plot point.

Both sound awesome though. Guess we might be getting another Chaos Emerald outta Feist's hands. Unless Shadow fails at whatever it is.
Nel
BumbleKnight

Re: Sonic #200 & Sonic Universe #4 Previews *some spoile

Postby Illustrious Q » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:14 pm

G-Mel wrote:SONIC UNIVERSE #4

Written by Ian Flynn, art by Tracy Yardley.

"The Ultimate Lifeform": The all-out battle-turned-alliance between Shadow and Rouge takes a new twist... and there may be no turning back! Transported from G.U.N.'s secret base to the surreal Special Zone, the reluctant allies meet the zone's mega-powerful master, Feist. What will Feist require of them? Can they successfully complete the challenge as well as their other missions and tasks for G.U.N.? What would failure mean to Shadow, who considers himself the "ultimate lifeform?" This action-packed issue co-stars Hope Kintobor and Omega, and features the first assembly of "Team Dark." It also paves the way for the next intriguing saga, which promises to bring back everyone's favorite red echidna!

32 pages, $2.50, in stores on May 27.

Hope's back! Snively didn't fire on her!!!!! Or at the very least didn't kill her!! :D And it looks like Hope is going to be Omega's mechanic judging by how they were named together, and through Ian's hint in one of his batches of answers this month.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby WinkingSamurai » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:14 pm

NelStone wrote:Thank you, Sonic Universe #4 preview, for spoiling a lingering plot point.

Two plot points, really. One's been lingering for a while, and the other hasn't even been addressed yet.

Ah, well. The price you pay for reading these things I suppose.
WinkingSamurai
BumbleNoble

Postby bsonic10 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:34 pm

EthanEmearld already posted a picture of SU #4's cover, so I'll just link you guys to it, in case some of you haven't seen it already.

To be honest, I didn't really think Snively did shoot Hope down. Also, when Omega mentioned his mechanic in the Q&A it seemed kind of obvious who it was, especially from his description. This issue looks like it will be good, I'll be curious to see this one unfold.

As for #200, they seem to want to keep the contents pretty much a secret (understandably so). I have some thoughts on the hints and what little was given in the preview, but I'll keep quiet for now.
bsonic10
BumbleClan

Postby kryptyk » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:42 pm

Very cool, though I'm still having some trouble trying to correlate Shadow's escapades here to what's happened between StH 195-197.

Did the number of pages per issue go up? I thought it used to be around 25.
kryptyk
BumbleNoble

Postby Knuxfan15 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:53 pm

Well, when I saw the original 200 cover before in another topic, I wasn't quite convinced that was Eggman. Pretty much because the picture wasn't clear. I am now fully convinced. Thanks, G-Mel.

Summary seems interesting as well. I'll be looking for it in May.
Knuxfan15
BumbleCitizen

Postby Promethean0416 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:56 pm

I'm wondering if SU #4 takes place before or after #177...

If it's after, then it seems like one of the questions for the comic is answered.

Also, #200 definitely will be an issue I look forward to read. especially a Sonic vs. Robotnik/Eggman battle.

And I think the comic was 22 pages. Don't know how this change came about, but probably to bring more of the story in one issue than lose space and have to split it into another issue.
Last edited by Promethean0416 on Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Promethean0416
BumbleKnight

Postby Sockie » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:58 pm

Arbiter0416 wrote:I'm wondering if SU #4 takes place before or after #177...

Ian's already said that SU #4 takes place after #198.
Sockie
BumbleNoble

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:00 pm

There have always been 32 pages in each book. 22 of those pages are dedicated to story, the rest are for ads, Sonic Grams, what have you.

Postby Ian Flynn » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:10 pm

Oh son of a . . . gun.

Well, there goes most of the surprise. I'm still being tight-lipped on when she pops up and under what circumstance. =P
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby WinkingSamurai » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:11 pm

IanPotto wrote:Oh son of a . . . gun.

Well, there goes most of the surprise. I'm still being tight-lipped on when she pops up and under what circumstance. =P

HA HA!

I'm guessing these writeups weren't approved by you.
WinkingSamurai
BumbleNoble

Postby Promethean0416 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:13 pm

Fair enough.
Promethean0416
BumbleKnight

Postby Knuxfan15 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:14 pm

bsonic10 wrote:To be honest, I didn't really think Snively did shoot Hope down.

Neither had I. I just thought she'd flown off, and it hadn't appeared like Snively gave any orders.

bsonic10 wrote:I have some thoughts on the hints and what little was given in the preview, but I'll keep quiet for now.

Probably the best idea for now, but even I can see a lot of speculation coming over the next three months, now that this has appeared.
Knuxfan15
BumbleCitizen

Postby bsonic10 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:21 pm

Hmm... That makes me wonder... Maybe she isn't in the best circumstances? I'm curious now, if she's doing that well or not. I'm also curious to see if her condition might have something to do with needing the Chaos Emerald, and maybe Snively did do something.
bsonic10
BumbleClan

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius