Mega Man #35: Spoilers/Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Mega Man #35: Spoilers/Discussion

Postby Kureejii Lea » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:31 pm

Seems like the digital version is now available. GOGOGO.
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Re: Mega Man #35: Spoilers/Discussion

Postby BlueBlur62391 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:23 pm

Once again...

Spoiler: show
image.jpg

Should've expected this.
BlueBlur62391
BumbleNoble

Postby LilacDownDeep » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:02 pm

I couldn't wait so my friend and I got the comic on digital and read it. I'm loving the dynamic between Tempo and Blues and it really drives home how much of a foil to each other they are. Even if my Blues/Tempo ship is sinking. Darn you Ian!

Also loving the Dawn of X part too, that Council of Arcadia (Hello, old Neo Arcadia!) reminds me of the Neo Arcadia council and the Sage Trinity (especially that girl's outfit). Very subtle reference to the far future, huh? Also Sigma's ending there really drives home too. And look, Reploids!
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Ochan » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:58 pm

I was really impressed with the writing in this issue. The one thing I liked about Ian's take on the Megaman comic was how he has been very skilled at realistically building the characters and it came to a head in this issue. It makes the upcoming events in Megaman 3 and 4 more believable in their execution, and makes the characters reactions more organic.

The discussion between Tempo and Blues was very weighted. They discussed some very serious issues and it made me think of allusions to how a parent would react if their child had amnesia or some kind of brain damage. I like how it also covered topics of forgiveness, and abandonment.

On the Ra Moon side of things you had subject matter covering Megaman finding closure, experiencing some PTSD (or a form of it), and questioning a validity of his emotions.

There was also some strong dialogue from Dr. Astil in reaction to the confirmation of Ra Moon's death. For an all ages book I was actually surprised at the line.

The well done character moments and dialogue actually overshadowed the X back-up which was also good but it was mostly just set-up.

I like the place the book is in right now. While they are still taking their sweet time to get to Megaman 3 it makes sense given how they had to set up all the elements to work within the story structure.
Ochan
BumbleCitizen

Postby Acrosurge » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:09 pm

LilacDownDeep wrote:Also loving the Dawn of X part too, that Council of Arcadia (Hello, old Neo Arcadia!) reminds me of the Neo Arcadia council and the Sage Trinity (especially that girl's outfit). Very subtle reference to the far future, huh?
*sobs* I thought I was the only one who would include lore like when I penned a pitch and pilot script for a Mega Man X animated series. That will never be.

Ah well, Mr. Flynn is doing a spectacular job of weaving deep lore into his stories. Love the work.
Acrosurge
BumbleFan

Postby Sunwalker » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:14 pm

Talking about lore...

Those flying machines in the skies of Arcadia looks like the Flutter from Megaman Legends. :wink:
Last edited by Sunwalker on Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:42 am

Hands down... my favorite issue to date.

The character development in this issue was amazing, especially the Tempo/Blues/LaLinde scenes. And Tyson Hesse's depiction of Tempo/Quake Woman is by far my favorite to date.

And it's amazing how much the X universe has been expanded in just one little back-up. Naming the city "Arcadia" was genius, and so was the council (with is obviously a precursor to ZX's Sage Trinity, which I LOVE). And I adore ALL of the cameos in the back-up... including some from outside of the Mega Man universe!

Page 1
We got the flying ships that resemble the Flutter from Legends, a crossing guard that resembles Professor Gaudile from Command Mission, and X3's Blast Hornet.

Page 2
I like that the Arcadian police and inspector still resemble the ones from Legends, just like the Classic-timeline comics. (I'm almost fairly positive that the Maverick is a cameo, but I can't place him...)

Page 3
Lifesaver from X5, Hayato and June from Star Gladiator, Split Mushroom from X4, a girl with pointy ears that I can't place (but I'm fairly positive is a Breath of Fire character), and a green Reploid that also looks familiar.

Page 4
Gravity Beetle (X3), Boomer Kuwanger (X1), Flame Stag (X2), Spark Mandrill (X1), Vile... Oh, and BAM. X4 flashback with Sigma versus Zero. Love it!
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby Damo » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:12 pm

Best comic on the stands?

Best comic on the stands.

Everything in the Amazon and everything between Tempo and Blues was just perfect. The only thing that could've made the issue better would've been some Wily, but you can't have everything.
Damo
BumbleKnight

Postby TheMajinV » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:42 pm

This was easily one of my favorite issues. I did not expect the Blues/Tempo scenes to amount to much, but they really knocked it out of the park! It was a wonderful representation of Tempo's struggles with restarting her 'life' and Blues' true feelings towards Doctor Light. Things got really intense, and I think that last moment before Lalinde entered could not have been a more perfect crescendo to the whole scene.
TheMajinV
BumbleNewbie

Postby ClareSilver47 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:49 pm

The issue was rather beautiful in its own right, it's not often we get such in-depth character development, but it still felt somewhat lacking. My problem with the issue is that no matter how I look at it, it's just a set-up issue and it won't shine quite right until the rest of the parts of the story are revealed
ClareSilver47
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:22 pm

Glad Zero has his correct design. Sad Spark Mandrill is saddled with his crappy Maverick Hunter X Design
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Archdeco » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:37 pm

Hesse knocked the pencils out of the park. All the pencils. Hire this man full-time please.
Archdeco
BumbleFan

Postby Zan » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:49 pm

While the issue was great all throughout, I can't help but be a little disheartened by the lack of MHX plot elements thus far. Sigma's words at the end are a step in the right direction, though.
Zan
BumbleFan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:43 pm

Zan wrote:While the issue was great all throughout, I can't help but be a little disheartened by the lack of MHX plot elements thus far. Sigma's words at the end are a step in the right direction, though.

I didn't really like MHX that much. It really screwed the story up in every regard. The only thing I liked was X AND Zero giving Sigma his scars.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:58 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:
Zan wrote:While the issue was great all throughout, I can't help but be a little disheartened by the lack of MHX plot elements thus far. Sigma's words at the end are a step in the right direction, though.

I didn't really like MHX that much. It really screwed the story up in every regard. The only thing I liked was X AND Zero giving Sigma his scars.

Cain aside (and people argue even that, no body, etc.), how did it "screw the story up in every regard"?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!