What you'd like to see happen with Emerald Spears?

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: What you'd like to see happen with Emerald Spears?

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:54 am

El Veinte wrote:
Spoiler: show
I could see Xander eventually leading his own army of robots, after he drives all of his human supporters away. Using robots to destroy other robots probably suits him fine so long as he can pull their plugs in the end. Yhey'd be heartless bots who follow his orders unquestioningly. Or maybe except for one higher intelligence but still sans-emotional robot that becomes like his second in command and "friend", in so much as Xander could have a friend that is a robot. Cue tragedy.

When King starts his revolution up he could publicly execute Xander, who would probably love the attention as a martyr. Unfortunately King outsmarts him and backs up Xander's brain into a robot body, punishing Xander's hubris by making him the very definition of the thing he hates and keeping him as a "pet". Then there can be a running gag where the harmlessly weak but sturdily-built Xander bot performs increasingly ridiculous dramatic failed suicide attempts over and over, only to learn that he is immortal. Future cameo in the X series joining Sigma's rebellion and lead a sneak attack on X, where X just looks down and shoo's him away harmlessly.

ProTip: When getting into specifics like that here, it's best to put spoiler tags on it in case Ian happens to come by. Generally speaking, he can't use fan ideas, so if he comes up with something similar, he's got plausible deniability.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby The Bored » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:12 am

El Veinte wrote:
Spoiler: show
I could see Xander eventually leading his own army of robots, after he drives all of his human supporters away. Using robots to destroy other robots probably suits him fine so long as he can pull their plugs in the end. Yhey'd be heartless bots who follow his orders unquestioningly. Or maybe except for one higher intelligence but still sans-emotional robot that becomes like his second in command and "friend", in so much as Xander could have a friend that is a robot. Cue tragedy.

When King starts his revolution up he could publicly execute Xander, who would probably love the attention as a martyr. Unfortunately King outsmarts him and backs up Xander's brain into a robot body, punishing Xander's hubris by making him the very definition of the thing he hates and keeping him as a "pet". Then there can be a running gag where the harmlessly weak but sturdily-built Xander bot performs increasingly ridiculous dramatic failed suicide attempts over and over, only to learn that he is immortal. Future cameo in the X series joining Sigma's rebellion and lead a sneak attack on X, where X just looks down and shoo's him away harmlessly.

Eh, the comic could always use a little more dark humor.
The Bored
BumbleNoble

Postby diamonddeath » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:17 pm

Actually, anyone who is for technology can easily use the events of Blackout as an example of why technology is important as well as robots, who actually winded up saving them all. I wonder what Gil thinks of it.
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:11 pm

diamonddeath wrote:Actually, anyone who is for technology can easily use the events of Blackout as an example of why technology is important as well as robots, who actually winded up saving them all. I wonder what Gil thinks of it.

If word of Ra Moon gets out, then they'll be able to just as easily make the case that technology was responsible for what happened in the first place.

Even so, I thought the ES were anti-robot, not anti-technology? Hearts instead of hard drives and all that jazz.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby ReifuTD » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:33 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
diamonddeath wrote:Actually, anyone who is for technology can easily use the events of Blackout as an example of why technology is important as well as robots, who actually winded up saving them all. I wonder what Gil thinks of it.

If word of Ra Moon gets out, then they'll be able to just as easily make the case that technology was responsible for what happened in the first place.

Even so, I thought the ES were anti-robot, not anti-technology? Hearts instead of hard drives and all that jazz.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Xander seems pretty anti tech, unless his eye talks to him or something. Not so sure about Harvy.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby LilacDownDeep » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:19 pm

ReifuTD wrote:Xander seems pretty anti tech, unless his eye talks to him or something. Not so sure about Harvy.

A human with a mechanical implant that talks to them? Sounds like either a psychological thriller or a comedy. Or both.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby ReifuTD » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:51 pm

LilacDownDeep wrote:
ReifuTD wrote:Xander seems pretty anti tech, unless his eye talks to him or something. Not so sure about Harvy.

A human with a mechanical implant that talks to them? Sounds like either a psychological thriller or a comedy. Or both.

I'v seen both done.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:40 pm

I'd like to see their successors in 21XX
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Super side swiper » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:11 pm

Ra Moon was alien you know
Super side swiper
BumbleFan

Postby SonicSoul » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:34 pm

Alien technology still counts as technology.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby sonicray » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:15 am

I guess it depends on how much we really need technology, people got by just fine without computers, cell phones, internet, x box games 50 years ago, but if there was a glitch or a shutdown in todays world, all chaos would erupt.
sonicray
BumbleNoble

Previous

Return to For Everlasting Peace!