Mega Man #37 Previews

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #37 Previews

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:26 am

lalalei2001 wrote:I DID beat Chill Penguin, but it took a while ebcause I didn't realize wall-jumping was MANDATORY for boss fights. (and yet i somehow beat zero 4 and ZXA.)

The question is: why wouldn't you wall jump in the first place?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby lalalei2001 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:11 pm

You can't wall jump in the classic series and in Zero 4 and ZXA some bosses didn't have walls in their rooms.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:52 pm

lalalei2001 wrote:You can't wall jump in the classic series and in Zero 4 and ZXA some bosses didn't have walls in their rooms.

The same could be said here, too.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Cookie » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:57 pm

Villain variant revealed.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... ealed.aspx

It looks pretty cool...and scary!
Cookie
BumbleNewbie

Postby SonicSoul » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:51 am

That article gave a couple tidbits about the plot, albeit still pretty vague.

-Both Mega Man and X have to fight a lost weapon of Dr. Wily (someone we know?)
-The surprise return of a character (Referring to someone in the Classic era?)

Hm....
Last edited by SonicSoul on Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby ShadowBat20 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:43 pm

Cookie wrote:Villain variant revealed.

Man, that is one wicked cool cover. Love it.
ShadowBat20
BumbleClan

Postby Penguin God » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:04 am

Yo wait what is that synopsis right

Heroes and villains from both universes will be included in Dawn of X, where Mega Man and Mega Man X will battle a lost weapon of Dr. Wily. Archie Comics also teased the surprise return of a character.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby ReifuTD » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:21 am

Penguin God wrote:Yo wait what is that synopsis right

Heroes and villains from both universes will be included in Dawn of X, where Mega Man and Mega Man X will battle a lost weapon of Dr. Wily. Archie Comics also teased the surprise return of a character.

Harvy Greenleaf? He's the only charater I can think of that I haven't seen for a long while.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby lalalei2001 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:11 am

Penguin God wrote:Yo wait what is that synopsis right

Dangit. :(

I mean, they could fight it without actually meeting, but...
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:52 am

Man I must be the only person who enjoys crossovers. I love seeing characters come together to fight a threat too big for one of them to deal with. Then you have the current "Heroes vs Heroes" Corossovers DC and Marvel keep chugging out. Or Martha Jones' three episode cameo on Torchwood where she does absolutely nothing of importance throughout her apperances.

Cookie wrote:Villain variant revealed.

Awesome Variant but the comments on there make me sad. "This series is too kiddy for me" A.) It's a Kids series and B.) Did you just ignore the debates about the benefit of Robots with human emotions? Or the Actual Terrorists? Or the Death and destruction in the most recent arc?

Man, say what you will about Capcom but they are cool with any idea when you really pay attention to what's happened in this comic.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Sunwalker » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:02 am

SonicBlueRanger wrote:Awesome Variant but the comments on there make me sad. "This series is too kiddy for me" A.) It's a Kids series and B.) Did you just ignore the debates about the benefit of Robots with human emotions? Or the Actual Terrorists? Or the Death and destruction in the most recent arc?

My favorite Internet adage:
@AvoidComments wrote:The next time you're thinking of reading the comments, do a Google image search for "fluffy puppies" instead.
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby The KKM » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:45 am

That's not what the comment says though. Why are you not only dredging up comments but rewording them to make them seem worse?

I've always been a huge Mega Man fan ever since I was a little kid. I watched the show, played the games, etc. but I'm not a gigantic fan of the new comic series. It's a bit too little kid-ish to me. I wish they would have made it appeal to gamers more. Like I said in my comment though, I did like the Sonic/Mega Man crossover even though.

This person enjoys the comic enough, they just find it to be more kid-aimed than expected. This is not something you can really argue or deny, Archie made explicit this series is aimed at a very young audience. What exactly is wrong with his comment that deserved slandering on another forum?
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby LilacDownDeep » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:41 pm

Thanks KKM for dredging up the actual comment and quoting it here.

Well, it's a good argument, but then when you say it should appeal to gamers more, it's hard to do that when the games are generally, 'move to the right, jump and shoot.' Especially in a series where cartoon robots beat up other cartoon robots. I'm not sure where I understand the whole 'kid-ish' aspect comes up, because I can point you directly to Muppet Treasure Island as a 'kid's' movie with some very dark elements.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Antiyonder » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:15 pm

Yeah, kid-ish doesn't necessarily mean crap (after all, for whatever gems are aimed towards adults, there is also crap), but as LDD points out, making it closer to the game would arguably make it more kiddish as we wouldn't have:
1. Dr. Wily's characterization showing that he's not a pure evil type villain despite his more simplistic goals. Plus it adds more plausibility towards Mega Man & Dr. Light being more willing to work with him in the MM3 adaptation.

2. As mentioned before, there is the comic's willingness to have the characters debate on giving robots A.I. and emotions. What's more is that it's not just the terrorist group who have concerns about the progress regarding robotics, but even good people like Dr. Lalinde (#13) or Gilbert Stern (#22) are allowed to have valid disputes without necessarily being wrong.
Antiyonder
BumbleCitizen

Postby Zack_GLC » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:37 pm

So there is 3 covers for this issue? And they're all amazing??? My wallet is dying. :(
Zack_GLC
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!