Mega Man #37 Previews

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Mega Man #37 Previews

Postby kimplix » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:34 pm

No solicits yet, but at least we get an interview with Ian Flynn and the 2 covers for #37
http://www.destructoid.com/archie-offic ... 9841.phtml

kimplix
BumbleFan

Re: Mega Man #37 Previews

Postby LilacDownDeep » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:45 pm

Oooh that main cover looks snazzy. Can't wait to see what's coming out of this. =D
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby lalalei2001 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:46 pm

It really IS a crossover?

:(
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby LilacDownDeep » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:50 pm

You know, 'cross' is also analogous to 'X.' So we're 'crossing over' to the next series. And I can see Ian being diabolical like that.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby lalalei2001 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:57 pm

Like Project X zone and Rockman XOver?
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:30 pm

As you know, fans have always wondered how Capcom would have "linked" the classic and X series. There have been hints, but never a concrete link. Are you going to address that in the Archie Comics?

IF: I’ve heard Capcom has that story in a vault somewhere, but I’ve not asked about it yet. The mystery of what happened between Classic and X is such a big part of the mythos that I’m hesitant to pull back the curtain on it.

PK: "The Dawn of X" event uses some clever storytelling tools to link the franchises in a way that doesn’t fill in any gaps best left to the fan’s imaginations. The intrigue of the gap of time between franchises remains intact.

To me, this means the two series will not be physically crossing over, i.e., we won't actually be seeing Mega Man and X hanging out and fighting bad guys. It sounds like we'll basically be seeing things happening during both timelines at the same time and see how things in the Classic series impact the X series without completely closing the gap left open by Capcom. (In other words, think of the variant cover as being more literal to the context than the standard cover.)

But that's purely my own speculation.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby SurrealBrain » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:42 pm

Mega Man Monthly wrote:To me, this means the two series will not be physically crossing over, i.e., we won't actually be seeing Mega Man and X hanging out and fighting bad guys. It sounds like we'll basically be seeing things happening during both timelines at the same time and see how things in the Classic series impact the X series without completely closing the gap left open by Capcom. (In other words, think of the variant cover as being more literal to the context than the standard cover.)

But that's purely my own speculation.

I like that idea, but until we see so much as a solicit, we just have to guess.
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby Tcat » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:57 pm

You know. If Sigma's already a baddie and Zero's already got his version 2 look seems to me we're jumping right in the midst of things O: I could be wrong, but DAT COVER @_@ *pets*

Spaz, I love you. ;-; Don't stop being awesome.
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby LilacDownDeep » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:30 pm

Tcat wrote:You know. If Sigma's already a baddie and Zero's already got his version 2 look seems to me we're jumping right in the midst of things O: I could be wrong, but DAT COVER @_@ *pets*

Spaz, I love you. ;-; Don't stop being awesome.

I think they're just using the most familiar designs. If we were accurate, Zero would have those rounded shoulderpads or Vile would be those funky colors like in X3.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Tcat » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:07 pm

Well, true, yeah, I'm not discounting that, but I ...honestly don't get the vibe that this crossover is going to take place entirely before X1, either. It's probably just me though. *le shrug* o_o
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby Radz the Hedgehog » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:37 am

Tcat wrote:Well, true, yeah, I'm not discounting that, but I ...honestly don't get the vibe that this crossover is going to take place entirely before X1, either. It's probably just me though. *le shrug* o_o

The artist has already stated that they used the post-X1 design because it just worked better (CAPCOM changed his design for a reason after all). I think they're going to use the most recognized design for all the characters just because we all have a mental image of what these characters look like and it's not X1 Zero, X8 of anyone except Axl, or Command Mission of anyone. X2-X7 are the designs that are associated with the main characters.
Radz the Hedgehog
BumbleKnight

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:39 am

Is Sigma the first reploid in the games? Because I'm reading the preview over here
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7234&start=15#p383135
and, well, you'll see.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby The KKM » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:43 am

Ian already mentioned on another thread he's going to contradict that since apparently the games both say he's the first reploid and that he's made to counter the Mavericks.
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:52 am

Captain Harlock wrote:Ian already mentioned on another thread he's going to contradict that since apparently the games both say he's the first reploid and that he's made to counter the Mavericks.

Something that would have been neat is

Spoiler: show
This guy volunteers for a fighting upgrade, making him Sigma, and making Sigma's story like a dark version of Mega Man's
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Radz the Hedgehog » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:58 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:
Captain Harlock wrote:Ian already mentioned on another thread he's going to contradict that since apparently the games both say he's the first reploid and that he's made to counter the Mavericks.

Something that would have been neat is

Spoiler: show
This guy volunteers for a fighting upgrade, making him Sigma, and making Sigma's story like a dark version of Mega Man's

That would actually be an interesting twist.

Seems odd that a no-name Reploid is the first, but we don't yet know that he doesn't ultimately fail eventually either though. I could still see his "brain" frying because the designs were not right.
Radz the Hedgehog
BumbleKnight

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!