What you'd like to see happen with Emerald Spears?

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: What you'd like to see happen with Emerald Spears?

Postby PyroDaFox » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:09 pm

Given that the MMX backup is coming I wonder...

Spoiler: show
If we will see a successor to the Emerald Spears in 21XX. Xander and Gil seem to be ahead of the curve when it comes to the Mavericks.
PyroDaFox
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:33 pm

I've been hoping for that. Can't remember if I asked Ian about such a thing during the livestream, though. Sounds familiar...

I would like to see the Emerald Spears live up to their namesake, with zany plots including (but not limited to) devolving robots into cavebots, taking control over all the electrical appliances in the city, and turning humans into werebots through another werebot's bite.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Spin » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:55 pm

I'd like to see Xander interact with the Unknown Soldier expies considering his ex-job.

Note: I do not accept Xander as the Unknown Soldier Player 1 from #2. I'll call BS on that until the cows come home.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:07 pm

I didn't at first either... But all signs point to "retcon."
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby lalalei2001 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:22 pm

Poor Player 2 :(
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:50 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:I know a lot of people like to see Harvey back and a lot of people don't like Xander.

Wait Wait Wait What? There are people who don't like Xander? Really? :?

That doesn't even seem possible to me. I don't get some people I swear.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:03 am

I like Xander, but his backstory needs some more exploration, especially with Theo and Simone. All we really know is that he used to be a soldier, he got hurt by a robot, and now he's a terrorist trying to do away with robots, even if it means hurting his own kind. I don't think the injury from Elec Man actually formed his hatred for robots; rather, I believe it just made it personal, and his hatred was present beforehand. (Gil didn't need to take a lightning bolt to the eye to hate robots, after all...) But, I'd like to see how he got to that point. Something about his upbringing and life prior to being a soldier has to have led to this.

Also... How did he meet Harvey? How was Emerald Spears formed? How did Theo and Simone meet? Why exactly is Theo so unwaveringly devoted to Xander? Did something happen where Theo feels he "owes" Xander? And of course... What happened with Simone and Roslyn at the police academy?

I think that's why I like Emerald Spears so much. The door is wide open for all of this rich history to be explored, and I know it will be in due time.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby LilacDownDeep » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:47 am

On top of this, it's mentioned Simone and Rosie were together in the police force before she disappeared. So what caused her to disappear in the first place? Was it because of robots?
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby The Bored » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:20 am

Eh, the Emerald Spears would have to become more than just 3 wackos with dynamite to become interesting for me. And as megamanmonthly said, Xander does need a bit of expansion on his backstory. I don't really care much about his brother and the girl member. I'd be fine if they were put on a bus, at least temporarily and Xander just went on with a larger group. I'd also like to see some other new villains besides Wily and Xander. Maybe even someone that can give us some decent original Robot Masters at least one time.
The Bored
BumbleNoble

Postby LilacDownDeep » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:30 pm

We had Ra Moon. And then the forewarning on the Stardroids.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby ReifuTD » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:29 pm

Well there are a few antagonist tropes I want to see be filled,

1. Politicians: This would work well with some the plot points comming up. A lot of fiction has people who gane power campaining againest use of robots and for human rights. Making laws that restrict robots.

This is a role I think Heavy Greenleaf would be really good at.

2.Abusive Propheteer: People who work robots to the point were they fall apart or maybe have them fight or destroy for fun and prophet. Kind of like the stuff that Light was worried about with Mister X and Robot fighting.

I'd liked to see this kind of antagonist show up in the Mega Man Soccer adapt.

3. Military Themed: The military makes robots that suppress, hurt, and kill people (Things that Light and Mega Man wouldn't like very much.) and some kind of robot scientist would have to make robots for them.

I'd like to see Dr. LaLinda work for the military. She seems to be in more need of out side backing then Light Labs, It would put tension between her and Light. Also Tempo have been shown able to do stuff like dissable bombs a usful trick for military.

4.Bioengineered: Genetic engineering living creatures that cause problems that Mega Man being a hero would have to deal with witch is hard since he also doesn't want to hurt or kill living creatures. I would love to see a bioengineered being that could stand toe to toe like Extremis from Iron Man or some Frankenstein like monsters like the Tyrants Resident Evil.

I have this headcannon that everything Capcom exists in the 20XX world of Mega Man in one form or another. For exmaple in Mega Man's world Chung Li is a news reporter in Mega City. If there was an adapt of Street Fighter X Mega Man all the Street Fighter characters are people who are really brainwashed and enhanced with bioengineering and cybornetics.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:44 pm

ReifuTD wrote:Well there are a few antagonist tropes I want to see be filled,

1. Politicians: This would work well with some the plot points comming up. A lot of fiction has people who gane power campaining againest use of robots and for human rights. Making laws that restrict robots.

This is a role I think Heavy Greenleaf would be really good at.

Fits Mega Man 9 pretty well.

By the way, spoiled your whole post, just in case.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:01 pm

LilacDownDeep wrote:On top of this, it's mentioned Simone and Rosie were together in the police force before she disappeared. So what caused her to disappear in the first place? Was it because of robots?

Simone's exact quote from #21...
"You were the one who reported me. You ruined everything! And now I've found a new way to make a difference!"
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby Zulon Eredas » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:10 pm

Wouldn't Leonard Dorado fill the niche of Politician?
Zulon Eredas
BumbleNoble

Postby El Veinte » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:23 am

I could see Xander eventually leading his own army of robots, after he drives all of his human supporters away. Using robots to destroy other robots probably suits him fine so long as he can pull their plugs in the end. Yhey'd be heartless bots who follow his orders unquestioningly. Or maybe except for one higher intelligence but still sans-emotional robot that becomes like his second in command and "friend", in so much as Xander could have a friend that is a robot. Cue tragedy.

When King starts his revolution up he could publicly execute Xander, who would probably love the attention as a martyr. Unfortunately King outsmarts him and backs up Xander's brain into a robot body, punishing Xander's hubris by making him the very definition of the thing he hates and keeping him as a "pet". Then there can be a running gag where the harmlessly weak but sturdily-built Xander bot performs increasingly ridiculous dramatic failed suicide attempts over and over, only to learn that he is immortal. Future cameo in the X series joining Sigma's rebellion and lead a sneak attack on X, where X just looks down and shoo's him away harmlessly.
El Veinte
BumbleFan

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!