Mega Man #32 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #32 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby SonicSoul » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:03 pm

Proving once again that any characteristics or quirks each Robot Master has was told rather than shown in the games.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby ReifuTD » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:14 pm

Astrobot7000 wrote:
I also wonder what happened to the Mega Man 2 Robot Masters. Were they destroyed when Ra Moon took away the EM field protection? Are they just fine now that the EM field is gone? The reason this is important is because it sets the stage on how Wily’s Robot Masters will be handled. Some Mega Man media has the Robot Masters permanently destroyed and gone for good. Other media has them survive and remain around (which begs the questions of why Wily doesn’t send them all at Mega Man at once). I would prefer the dead-is-dead approach, which the comic seems to be hinting at. So will the MM 2 Robot Masters remain around? Personally, I like the dead-is-dead approach. Out with the old and in with the new. But we shall have to see which way Ian goes.

Well my headcannon all or most of Mega Man old foes are reprogramed and sent to the Robot Museum. Especially the Wily bots, In that games thats where Wily had to go to retrieve Guts Man and all the other Robot Masters are shown in.

I like the Robots living in Robot Museum better then just killing them off. It keeps the old Wily bots away from Wily and we are not deprived of deprived of possible stories those robot masters could give use. For example Cuts and Wood man are hidden emeny characters in MM7. So, it would be a nice nod to have those two in that adapt. If Wood Man is dead then he can't play a part in that story. And don't get me started if they decided to do Rockman Strategy wich had all the robot masters at that point.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Penguin God » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:43 pm

The MM2 Robot Masters aren't any more dead than Cossack's Robot Masters, or ANY RM that was hit with the EM field, including Rock himself. They're really iconic and many of them get reused in other games so while I'm sure some robots will die forever (like Ra Moon) they're probably going to stick around. If you ask why he doesn't just sick them all on Mega Man at once, well, why doesn't he sick the 8 he always has on Rock at once? There's a multitude of reasons there could be, from him not thinking they deserve another chance to a simple attention deficiency in him scrambling from one plot to the next.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Astrobot7000 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:54 pm

Penguin God wrote:The MM2 Robot Masters aren't any more dead than Cossack's Robot Masters, or ANY RM that was hit with the EM field, including Rock himself. They're really iconic and many of them get reused in other games so while I'm sure some robots will die forever (like Ra Moon) they're probably going to stick around. If you ask why he doesn't just sick them all on Mega Man at once, well, why doesn't he sick the 8 he always has on Rock at once? There's a multitude of reasons there could be, from him not thinking they deserve another chance to a simple attention deficiency in him scrambling from one plot to the next.

You don't know what for sure. Ra Moon could have destroyed their I.C. chips. He re-built them after all. Odds are they are still around but we don't know for certain. I also don't mind them all surviving,butI prefer them to be dead and gone. Either way works, although I have my preference. If Ian wants to keep them around I hope he doesn't resort to lazy writing like "Wily doesn't care" or "Wily moves on to the next plot."

ReifuTD wrote:I like the Robots living in Robot Museum better then just killing them off. It keeps the old Wily bots away from Wily and we are not deprived of deprived of possible stories those robot masters could give use. For example Cuts and Wood man are hidden emeny characters in MM7. So, it would be a nice nod to have those two in that adapt. If Wood Man is dead then he can't play a part in that story. And don't get me started if they decided to do Rockman Strategy wich had all the robot masters at that point.

That's a good idea too. Maybe they can just be deactivated and stored there. That is a nice solution of keeping them around if we need them without having them become redundant and useless.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby GentlemanX » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:57 pm

Got the new issue today.

Now that's what I call an issue! Everything this month was gold. Cavallaro's art was spot on for pretty much everything, all of the dialogue was important and character driven (Rock and Blues especially), and the plot was kept to mostly the single battle which kept the pacing solid too.

Really not much at all to complain about. The only two things I can think of is that I wish we had seen more out of Ra Thor and that the ending feels a little rushed after the fight. Both honestly less of problems with this issue than last one, had last issue done more with Ra Thor this one would feel natural and maybe another page could have been spent on the ending wrap. But still, I'm nitpicking again.

But yeah, it was a great issue and I hope the next story is even better. I am a little nervous about "Shadow of the Moon" though. Nothing wrong with all this Ra Moon stuff, but I'd honestly rather read something else after having that be the focus of the last year (though obviously four of those months were spent on WWC). Just feels like we've been doing the same thing for a while now. Oh well, worst case scenario I suppose X will help shake things up.
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:05 pm

SonicSoul wrote:Proving once again that any characteristics or quirks each Robot Master has was told rather than shown in the games.

Welcome to the 80's. Well, 90's, at that point.

Nonetheless, it's nothing new; we didn't even get the story of how Rock was turned into Mega Man until the fourth game (fifth or so, if you include Game Boy titles). For the most part, that applied to nearly all the characters, save for Wily, who got a couple of extra frames of animation to show off his deviousness and how he'd cower before Mega Man when out of options.

Even Sonic didn't exactly have much personality beyond "impatient" in the games.

Penguin God wrote:The MM2 Robot Masters aren't any more dead than Cossack's Robot Masters, or ANY RM that was hit with the EM field, including Rock himself. They're really iconic and many of them get reused in other games so while I'm sure some robots will die forever (like Ra Moon) they're probably going to stick around. If you ask why he doesn't just sick them all on Mega Man at once, well, why doesn't he sick the 8 he always has on Rock at once? There's a multitude of reasons there could be, from him not thinking they deserve another chance to a simple attention deficiency in him scrambling from one plot to the next.

The thing with Wily, it seems, and particularly in the comics, is that he isn't just out to win. As noted, he wants to prove himself superior to Dr. Light, and siccing your entire army on one guy all at once isn't really going to do much more than show that enough brute force can overcome anything-- and any idiot can do that.

Of course, even then...

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Astrobot7000 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:06 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:
LilacDownDeep wrote:
Penguin God wrote:Well, he also has Mega Man 3 and the Stardroids to go through. This is the end of Ra Moon, but for Shadow Man it's only the first act. It is pretty strange that he had basically no presence this issue, considering how played up he was before... I just now noticed that. He's not really there at all.

He may get his own arc. That is if we're lucky. I think that would be pretty awesome.

Well seeing as the arc after the epilouge is titled "Shadow of the Moon" I'd say it's pretty likely. Yeah believe it or not the issues with the Mega Man X back-Up's have other stories in them. :P

Oh, yeah? I have stopped reading the solicits these days (only because I get tired of everything being referred to as "jaw dropping" or "mind boggling" or "breath taking," (hearty laughter), kidding). That is cool then. I am looking forward to it. Although I hope it is only for one issue or two. As much as I enjoy the non-Wily threats, and I really do, I am ready to move on.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby Tahtorak » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:52 pm

Hey, wait a minute... Back in issue 15, Mega Man was throwing metal blades...

And now he's shooting them out of his Mega Buster!
Tahtorak
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:13 am

Artist's error, probably.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:39 am

Tahtorak wrote:Hey, wait a minute... Back in issue 15, Mega Man was throwing metal blades...

The artist knew NOTHING of Mega Man before starting this job. It's not hard to imagine some things fell through the cracks.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:42 am

SonicSoul wrote:Proving once again that any characteristics or quirks each Robot Master has was told rather than shown in the games.

Most of the Classic games are on the NES, so it's totally excusable that they didn't take time to explain Shadow Man's alien origins in the single stage where he had a purpose. Super Mario Bros. also had a backstory where Bowser used magic to turn everyone in the Mushroom Kingdom into bricks, and since Peach was the only one who could undo the spell, he kidnapped her... but, you'd never know that from the game alone.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby SonicSoul » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:53 am

Well I didn't mean it in a negative way.

Being someone who was born in the early 90's, I guess I was just being a tad ignorant.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby Bean » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:31 am

I should also comment on the artwork like I did in the preview pages upload. I thought Mike Cavallaro's work was really well done throughout this arc. I really enjoyed that.
Bean
BumbleCitizen

Postby Tahtorak » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:04 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:
Tahtorak wrote:Hey, wait a minute... Back in issue 15, Mega Man was throwing metal blades...

The artist knew NOTHING of Mega Man before starting this job. It's not hard to imagine some things fell through the cracks.

Then again, Mega Man DID shoot a Metal Blade out of his Mega Buster back in Super Adventure Rockman...
Tahtorak
BumbleFan

Postby SurrealBrain » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:17 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:The artist knew NOTHING of Mega Man before starting this job. It's not hard to imagine some things fell through the cracks.

That's the out of universe explanation.

My explanation is that Mega Man wanted to be different this time around. Why? I dunno.
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!