Mega Man #34 Preview

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Mega Man #34 Preview

Postby Sockie » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:10 pm

(W) Ian Flynn (A) Gary Martin & Various (CA) Patrick Spaz Spaziante

This is it! The issue every Mega-fan has been demanding! The debut of Mega Man X! But first, in 'Shadow of the Moon' Part One: Mega Man joins a research team seeking the truth behind Dr. Wily and Ra Moon. But how far will they get when Shadow Man goes on the attack? Then, in 'The X Factor' Part One: jump 100 years into the future as Dr. Cain discovers Dr. Light's final, greatest creation - Mega Man X! Featuring pencils by the returning Mega Man art legend Patrick 'Spaz' Spaziante! The road to the next big mega-crossover starts here, featuring an exclusive Mega Man X variant cover by superstar artist Ben Bates!

The Mega Man X back-up leads to "the next big mega-crossover?" I can't say I'm very excited about that.
Sockie
BumbleNoble

Re: Mega Man #34 Preview

Postby squeakyboots13 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:43 pm

The road to the next big mega-crossover starts here

squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby GentlemanX » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:53 pm

Really excited for X, can't wait to see another Mega Man story-line.

New crossover huh? Hmm... don't know whether it would be MM and Sonic #2 or (more likely I'd think) MM and MMX. But it seems really early for that too. Hmm...
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby RadRed89 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:40 pm

Yeah, if anything, this is a crossover between Classic Mega Man and Mega Man X. It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too soon for another crossover with Sonic, assuming that's even in the cards. But I'm gonna say the opposite of Sockie and say I would be SUPER PUMPED to see a crossover between those two Eras of Mega Man. Sure it's kinda soon for it, but the idea of Mega Man meeting X just sounds cool to me.

As for the rest of the issue, I'm interested to see where this goes too. It almost sounds like Ra Moon might still be around following Blackout's conclusion somehow. That could give us another reoccurring bad guy besides Wily for the comic, and one that's arguably way more dangerous than he is.
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby The KKM » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:55 pm

EDIT: In case it isn't clear, I'm not necessarily disapproving of the constant event-crossover-event-hype-crossover method. Just finally having an epiphany on how Mega Man is a Marvel comic in terms of marketing. I suppose Sonic generates hype enough on his own to not need these methods.

there anon was that un-buttish enough :P
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:35 pm

Didn't Ian say he didn't want to have a X/Classic Crossover?

Either he changed his mind
o someone is forcing him to do that
or X is somehow involved in some kind of crossover we don't know about yet.

Red Circle crossover? Afterlife with Archie? I'm stumped

or the solicits are just being stupid like they usually are.

EDIT: Wait a minute...
could it be...?
Last edited by Mavrickindigo on Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby ReifuTD » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:51 pm

If they keep doing these cross overs Archie might at well give us Street Figther X Mega Man.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:51 pm

ReifuTD wrote:If they keep doing these cross overs Archie might at well give us Street Figther X Mega Man.

There's one particular crossover I didn't think of until just now
This one
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby SurrealBrain » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:55 pm

That, or maybe they decided to stretch their defininition of crossover to something most of us wouldn't think. I dunno.
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby sonicray » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:40 am

Does that mean Archie is going to give Mega Man X his own comic book series next year?
sonicray
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:11 am

Guy's remember how a lot of the times Solicits are wrong. Yeah maybe we should stop taking them at face value.

However it does say "Mega Crossover" so...*Imagines Mega Man/Power Rangers Megaforce crossover* I can dream.

Also if I'm reading the name right then the Boxer Hocky guy is drawing the main story.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Kureejii Lea » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:46 pm

SurrealBrain wrote:That, or maybe they decided to stretch their defininition of crossover to something most of us wouldn't think. I dunno.

Hmm. That almost sounds like keeping an open mind about things and not jumping to conclusions. Weird!
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby Illustrious Q » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:09 pm

I know! That never happens here. 8)
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:41 pm

Something else I noticed

hen, in 'The X Factor' Part One: jump 100 years into the future as Dr. Cain discovers Dr. Light's final, greatest creation - Mega Man X!

Inafune's been on record to say that his name is just X, and Mega Man is the title of the series. For instance in Mega Man Zero, the character is just "Zero"

EDIT: or right, it's never been consistent. MMX2 calls him Mega Man x and Maverck Hunter X calls him Mega Man X

I guess "Mega Man" is his Surname and X is his familiar name?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby ReifuTD » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:10 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:Something else I noticed

hen, in 'The X Factor' Part One: jump 100 years into the future as Dr. Cain discovers Dr. Light's final, greatest creation - Mega Man X!

Inafune's been on record to say that his name is just X, and Mega Man is the title of the series. For instance in Mega Man Zero, the character is just "Zero"

EDIT: or right, it's never been consistent. MMX2 calls him Mega Man x and Maverck Hunter X calls him Mega Man X

I guess "Mega Man" is his Surname and X is his familiar name?

I allways thought that Mega Man was a nickname because he looks like Mega Man. So people as a joke would come up to him and say "hey Mega Man". As far as I understand no one knows he was built by Light. Later in ZX the word Mega Man take on a greater meaning.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!