Obscure Mega Man X stories

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Obscure Mega Man X stories

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:43 pm

So with the announcement of Mega Man X and the expectation that we'll be getting more than just the two stories this winter, let's discuss some of the Obscure Mega Man X stories we'd like to see adapted if the comic ever gets that far.

I'd like to see Rockman Mega Mission. Its a series of card based things, I believe, where Dr. Doppler revives old Mavericks in new, super forms. It also features an evil Doppleganger to X named Ix

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Rockman_X ... 8series%29
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Re: Obscure Mega Man X stories

Postby Spin » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:26 pm

A bit of development for Green Biker Dude before the events of X2. He deserves it.

Salvage stuff from Rockman Online, be it just a modified storyline or import Irene and the two human characters to the comic series.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby RadRed89 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:55 pm

Hmm. The Mega Man X series doesn't have as many obscure games as the Classic series that I'm aware of. It would be pretty cool to see Mega Man X: Command Mission adapted though. That'd be really far down the line in a potential X series though, since as far as I know it's canonically the last game set in the X Era even though it came out before X8 did.
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:02 am

RadRed89 wrote:Hmm. The Mega Man X series doesn't have as many obscure games as the Classic series that I'm aware of. It would be pretty cool to see Mega Man X: Command Mission adapted though. That'd be really far down the line in a potential X series though, since as far as I know it's canonically the last game set in the X Era even though it came out before X8 did.

Yep.

As for MegaMissions, I'm pretty sure that Bandai has a hand in that, so it's likely in the same realm as Rockman & Forte: Challenger from the Future.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:51 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
RadRed89 wrote:Hmm. The Mega Man X series doesn't have as many obscure games as the Classic series that I'm aware of. It would be pretty cool to see Mega Man X: Command Mission adapted though. That'd be really far down the line in a potential X series though, since as far as I know it's canonically the last game set in the X Era even though it came out before X8 did.

Yep.

As for MegaMissions, I'm pretty sure that Bandai has a hand in that, so it's likely in the same realm as Rockman & Forte: Challenger from the Future.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Which is good, considering apparently Ian can use that since Mega Man Shadow was in issue 20
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:53 am

Because of the vastness of Command Mission, how different it is, and how far into the future it is, I could see it as a "30 Years Later" type story.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby Tcat » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:00 pm

I'd kick nuns down stairs into burning buildings full of orphaned puppies to see Ikusu (Ix) in a story. @_@ I love that little psychopath to pieces.

Same goes for Command Mission. The characters from that could easily pop up in random stories along the way. It's no secret how much of a fangirl I am for Spider XD;
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby Ryu The Weredragon » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:19 pm

Spider or Redips? ;P

Seriously though, yes, I'd like to see MMX Command Mission, the three Mega Missions and whatever they could get of Online adapted. I'd ALSO like to see a bit more of Iris before her death so we have a reason to give a flip about her. Capcom tried to do so posthumously with Xtreme 2/Soul Eraser, but she kinda' ended up being the series's most generic navigator and nothing else...
Ryu The Weredragon
BumbleKnight

Postby Tcat » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:44 pm

Spider, mostly. I REALLY liked the Spider/Redips angle, but there's always the "who came first" plotline? ^_^;; I like to think there's still a real Spider out there somewhere and Redips was the original and he was posing as Spider. Long shot, maybe, but I really liked the guy...a fangirl can dream. ;-;

There's alot with backstories of nearly everyone I'd like to see Archie go into. Like who Massimo was before he took the armor, what Marino did in her spare time, maybe some stories with Red Alert, even some stuff with Sigma being in the Hunters. And just.... stuff.
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:15 pm

Maybe we could see the original Massimo doing some super heroing before his demise in Command Mission?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Ryu The Weredragon » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:17 pm

Heck all the characters from the RPG have mometns like that. Also I'd like more info on Middy and Techno. So both X-Treme games need to be adapted.
Ryu The Weredragon
BumbleKnight

Postby Tcat » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:50 pm

I don't know that I consider the Xtreme games "obscure". Granted I own both, so maybe that's just me. If we're going with the same pattern of adapting the games I imagine the two of them and the baddies will get a chance to be shown in the comic.
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:08 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:

Yep.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Which is good, considering apparently Ian can use that since Mega Man Shadow was in issue 20

I thought Ian had said something about that usage... though I can't remember what, or if I'm thinking of someone else talking about it.

Tcat wrote:I'd kick nuns down stairs into burning buildings full of orphaned puppies to see Ikusu (Ix) in a story. @_@ I love that little psychopath to pieces.

Seeing iX show up would be cool.

Same goes for Command Mission. The characters from that could easily pop up in random stories along the way. It's no secret how much of a fangirl I am for Spider XD;

That would be tougher, unless they were stories minus X, Zero, and Axl. Or they just rewrote it so their first meeting wasn't during the Giga City revolt.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:25 am

Most of X might have to be rewritten to fit in new characters in a more natural progression. Instead of introducing enemies and allies the moment they're needed, they can go the Mega Man Route and introduce future Mavericks/organizations/allies in earlier incidents.

Now, Cinnamon couldn't be made until after Force Metal is discovered, but its not hard for Marino to be introduced, or the original Massimo, or even the Massimo we know. Spider, certainly, as well and Redips
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:43 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:Most of X might have to be rewritten to fit in new characters in a more natural progression. Instead of introducing enemies and allies the moment they're needed, they can go the Mega Man Route and introduce future Mavericks/organizations/allies in earlier incidents.

Now, Cinnamon couldn't be made until after Force Metal is discovered, but its not hard for Marino to be introduced, or the original Massimo, or even the Massimo we know. Spider, certainly, as well and Redips

Indeed; Overdrive Ostrich was part of Storm Eagle's unit, if memory serves, as one example. CM is a bit of a different beast, though, being off in 22XX.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!