Mega Man X is gonna be in Mega Man!!!

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Mega Man X is gonna be in Mega Man!!!

Postby Sylex » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:02 pm

IGN's interview with Paul and Ian about Mega Man X showing up in the Mega Man comics and the possibility of a Mega Man X spin-off!!!

It's ABSOLUTELY FANTASAWESOMICAL that we're going to get to see X show up NEXT YEAR in back-up stories of issues #34 and #35 of the regular Mega Man comic! We're a large leap closer to the Mega Man X spin-off that we all want! I'M PUMPED BEYOND ALL LIMITATIONS!! DISCUSS NOAW!!
Sylex
BumbleNoble

Re: Mega Man X is gonna be in Mega Man!!!

Postby The KKM » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:07 pm

Good showing for all the X fans, you guys managed to send enough mail to get the spinoff. Nice.

where's legends
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby Sockie » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:11 pm

Oh my.

Oh myyyyyyyyyyy.

IT HAS BEGUN.

THIS BETTER LEAD TO AN ONGOING.

EDIT: The comments in that article make me want to cry.
Last edited by Sockie on Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sockie
BumbleNoble

Postby Radz the Hedgehog » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:17 pm

It's...it's just X...no...no Mega...Mega Man...

Anyhow, cool! I always loved the X series and maybe we will get that X spin-off...it's almost a certainty really.
Radz the Hedgehog
BumbleKnight

Postby Penguin God » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:18 pm

Well, wasn't expecting that. Lucky lucky. I'm hoping that this doesn't hurt the Classic book, but chances of that are low.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby SonicSoul » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:18 pm

Both those covers are great. :D

What better way to take us out of the post-Blackout stuff than a little MMX story?

EDIT: Oh scratch that. Two stories according to that interview. And both will be penciled by Spaz. Sweetness. :mrgreen:
Last edited by SonicSoul on Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby Radz the Hedgehog » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:20 pm

Penguin God wrote:Well, wasn't expecting that. Lucky lucky. I'm hoping that this doesn't hurt the Classic book, but chances of that are low.

I agree. The style of the two books would almost certainly be different...plus, I already subscribe to StH and SU and they ARE the same book. Why wouldn't I subscribe to a new book that's going to actually be different? :(hearty laughter):
Radz the Hedgehog
BumbleKnight

Postby Max1996 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:27 pm

Captain Harlock wrote:Good showing for all the X fans, you guys managed to send enough mail to get the spinoff. Nice.

where's legends

I started to get interested in Mega Man X, so this should be awesome.

No idea. Where is Battle Network?
Max1996
BumbleFan

Postby SonicSoul » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:34 pm

They'd have to go through big loops and cross red tape for a Battle Network story to happen.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby ShadowBat20 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:40 pm

Oh my gosh. I had a feeling Mega Man X would come at some time or another, but this soon? Well, I ain't complaining. Fantastic news! Bring on X!
ShadowBat20
BumbleClan

Postby Antiyonder » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:45 pm

Radz the Hedgehog wrote:
Penguin God wrote:Well, wasn't expecting that. Lucky lucky. I'm hoping that this doesn't hurt the Classic book, but chances of that are low.

I agree. The style of the two books would almost certainly be different...plus, I already subscribe to StH and SU and they ARE the same book. Why wouldn't I subscribe to a new book that's going to actually be different? :(hearty laughter):

In all fairness I think that fear's due to some fans under estimating the current comic we have. I mean to some people, classic Mega Man is the series of video games with no story beyond "Mega Man fights 6-8 robots, and then goes after Dr. Wily".

Heck, truth be told, I feel the comic series actually have the same of good writing as the X games.

The only real difference is that the X Series being darker, while the comics based of the Classic series for the most part goes for optimism (with stories like Curse of Ra Moon being the exception).
Antiyonder
BumbleCitizen

Postby lalalei2001 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:45 pm

Reminds me of the X episode form the cartoon.

..What if it's THAT X XD
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby DBlack » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:06 pm

This is awesome this is awesome this is awesome. Except I'm very cross with you, Mr. Flynn, for doing something like this that gets announced in the middle of a workday. Now how the heck am I supposed to get anything else done today? Curse you and your stupid magnificent comic books. If I get funny looks in the medical case conference for air guitaring to Storm Eagle's them I'm blaming you.
DBlack
BumbleNewbie

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:25 pm

Antiyonder wrote:Heck, truth be told, I feel the comic series actually have the same of good writing as the X games.

The X games have terrible writing full of continuity hiccups, bad translations, and just really weird plot devices.

My favorite part about getting an X comic is having Ian iron out all the kinks in the lore.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:00 pm

SonicSoul wrote:EDIT: Oh scratch that. Two stories according to that interview. And both will be penciled by Spaz. Sweetness. :mrgreen:

Not quite. Spaz will be penciling the X stories in #34 and #35, but the main stories will be handled by an artist named "Hesse." I'm not sure who Hesse is yet because there are three comic artists in the CB Database with the last name Hesse, but I'll research it more when I get home this evening.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!